Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! (7536 Views)

Why is Vegetable Soup More Expensive Than Others? / List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / Why Are Healthy Food More Expensive Than 'junk Food"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Abagworo(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2011
LoveKing:

they said the rising cost is due to the weather up north or there is no rain. i cant even eat onions with my suya anymore, just cabbage.

And I so much dislike that.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Rhino5dm: 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2011
I remember buying a litre of water at 0.95 euro while a litre of petrol goes for 0.74 euro and i was complaining bitterly on how the 'white guys' are trying to

undermine our economy. just for common onions! cant even apologise for the racist and hateful comments i hurled toward my friends. what a shame!
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by tpia6: 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by tpia6: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Olaedo1: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2011
tpia*:

my bros, how far.

seems you're practicing your pickup lines on me.

do you need feedback.

btw are you chyz, and if so, doxology abi how did they use to say it.

Doxology indeed but i would prefer you just to say hallelujah. I told you that no matter where u go I must have.Don't fight it tpia. so where do we start? Ladies first. cool
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by tpia6: 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by nduchucks: 11:17pm On Jan 23, 2011
@tpia & ola edo, may I strongly recommend that you take this important discussion of yours to a remote chatroom for best effect, please? That will spare us a bit of agro. you romantic animals, you. lipsrsealed
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by tpia6: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Olaedo1: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@tpia & ola edo, may I strongly recommend that you take this important discussion of yours to a remote chatroom for best effect, please? That will spare us a bit of agro. you romantic animals, you. lipsrsealed

Yea stop blockin son angry. tpia will be mine in the future and that is for sure kiss. Tpia, must u continue to fool around or do I have to get barbaric with you? angry
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by tpia6: 11:35pm On Jan 23, 2011
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Olaedo1: 11:42pm On Jan 23, 2011
tpia*:

^should i rate that.

tpia, u are trying to get under my skin.I dont know why some of you women find it amusing to this.I don't like it so stop before u resurrect the beast.angry
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Are you this slow? The joke is on you pal! You claim that 35% of Nigeria's oil comes from your region and that you don't need oii. You further claimed that you have several sectors fully developed including airlines, boat buliding and marine services, timber and plywood, textiles.  You forgot to mention that the majority owners of several of those companies are not from the region - they are primarily Igbos, Hausas, and Yorubas.

You are yet to produce a single item for export with any meaningful impact to our economy - lazy people! I lived in the area and used to plant tomatoes in my backyard. I ask you again, name a single product that you have exported out of the region at a significant level.  Think of the answer and understand that the joke is on you. Do you produce tomatoes for local consumption? Even oinions can grow in your region, have you planted any?  cheesy

You people are just as lazy and unproductive as most other regions. All you depend on is bunkering, terrorism, and allocation from oil proceeds. You are parasites as well. olodo

Like I said earlier, Delta State has several large scale fishing industries and supply rubber, oil pam produce and shrimps for export. Our industries are owned by Deltans, not by almajiri's.

Dude, better buy a hyena and stick to clowning. You are the slow one and one of the slowest that exist indeed. It is your people that are known for laziness, illiteracy, backwardness, wickedness and a born to rule mentality that is greatly affecting your judgement and making you irrational.

Your first challenge to me was to give you a list of industries from my state. In words:

ndu_chucks: Please name a single item that has been produced by your industries (if they exist) or your entrepreneurs. I’m sure you cannot name any.  Wadooo

To your embarrassment, I went on to name several areas where my state produces significant exports and an aggressive entrepreneurial spirit. Your reply is that others (like your leaders  who only produce dust, almajiri’s and obnoxious fools like Ciroma) own our industries. Of course, Olorogun Michael Ibru who started aero contractors, the provision of trawlers through Osadjere Fishing Company etc, while you were still in your diapers is a Hausa man. Same goes for the Ogboru’s, Sunny Odogwu’s, Nduka Obaigbena’s. Perhaps, the Gamaliel Onosode’s, Pat Utomi’s,  Okonjo-Iweala’s, Bruce Onobrakpeya’s, Ben Okri’s are all Hausa as well. Needless to say, 4 out of the top 10 richest Nigerians are from my state.

I would be quiet if I were you. Dude, the only thing your people are famous for in Delta State is begging and armed robbery along the roads to the East. Ask your useless elite why this is. Your people do not own any significant businesses in Delta State, in fact they are a drain on our economy.

Please help yourself and list any significant industries (or even schools) from your state. Also, dig deep into your soul to find out why it has taken someone from the South to begin the mass education of almajiri’s that your useless elite have preferred to churn out on an industrial scale. Instead of parading as Ndu Chucks, please revert to Ibn Muthalib or some username that does not decieve people about who you are.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Jan 24, 2011
roflmao!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kilode1: 12:29am On Jan 24, 2011
Beaf:

Like I said earlier, Delta State has several large scale fishing industries and supply rubber, oil pam produce and shrimps for export. Our industries are owned by Deltans, not by almajiri's.

Dude, better buy a hyena and stick to clowning. You are the slow one and one of the slowest that exist indeed. It is your people that are known for laziness, illiteracy, backwardness, wickedness and a born to rule mentality that is greatly affecting your judgement and making you irrational.

Your first challenge to me was to give you a list of industries from my state. In words:

To your embarrassment, I went on to name several areas where my state produces significant exports and an aggressive entrepreneurial spirit. Your reply is that others (like your leaders who only produce dust, almajiri’s and obnoxious fools like Ciroma) own our industries. Of course, Olorogun Michael Ibru who started aero contractors, the provision of trawlers through Osadjere Fishing Company etc, while you were still in your diapers is a Hausa man. Same goes for the Ogboru’s, Sunny Odogwu’s, Nduka Obaigbena’s. Perhaps, the Gamaliel Onosode’s, Pat Utomi’s, Okonjo-Iweala’s, Bruce Onobrakpeya’s, Ben Okri’s are all Hausa as well. Needless to say, 4 out of the top 10 richest Nigerians are from my state.

I would be quiet if I were you. Dude, the only thing your people are famous for in Delta State is begging and armed robbery along the roads to the East. Ask your useless elite why this is. Your people do not own any significant businesses in Delta State, in fact they are a drain on our economy.

Please help yourself and list any significant industries (or even schools) from your state. Also, dig deep into your soul to find out why it has taken someone from the South to begin the mass education of almajiri’s that your useless elite have preferred to churn out at an industrial scale. Instead of parading as Ndu Chucks, please revert to Ibn Muthalib or some username that does not decieve people about who you are.

Delta no dey carry last!! patapata na draw!!! cool
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by nduchucks: 12:53am On Jan 24, 2011
Beaf:

To your embarrassment, I went on to name several areas where my state produces significant exports and an aggressive entrepreneurial spirit. Your reply is that others (like your leaders who only produce dust, almajiri’s and obnoxious fools like Ciroma) own our industries. Of course, Olorogun Michael Ibru who started aero contractors, the provision of trawlers through Osadjere Fishing Company etc, while you were still in your diapers is a Hausa man. Same goes for the Ogboru’s, Sunny Odogwu’s, Nduka Obaigbena’s. Perhaps, the Gamaliel Onosode’s, Pat Utomi’s, Okonjo-Iweala’s, Bruce Onobrakpeya’s, Ben Okri’s are all Hausa as well. Needless to say, 4 out of the top 10 richest Nigerians are from my state.

Please help yourself and list any significant industries (or even schools) from your state. Also, dig deep into your soul to find out why it has taken someone from the South to begin the mass education of almajiri’s that your useless elite have preferred to churn out on an industrial scale. Instead of parading as Ndu Chucks, please revert to Ibn Muthalib or some username that does not decieve people about who you are.

Dude, you have my condolences, I didn’t realize that your obsession with Northerners or “North” has eaten you up this deeply.

You should be honest and objective enough to admit that it is the colossal failure of your leaders both in government and business, that lead to the disgrace of Onions being more expensive than a liter of oil. Instead of admitting this obvious failure, you are here attacking Northerners and the “North”.

No matter how hard you try, everyone who can read has seen that breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open, in this particular case. Keep burying your head in sand, in denial. Rakumin dajij.

P.S. You last post was hilarious. olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 1:31am On Jan 24, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Dude, you have my condolences, I didn’t realize that your obsession with Northerners or “North” has eaten you up this deeply.

You should be honest and objective enough to admit that it is the colossal failure of your leaders both in government and business, that lead to the disgrace of Onions being more expensive than a liter of oil. Instead of admitting this obvious failure, you are here attacking Northerners and the “North”.

No matter how hard you try, everyone who can read has seen that breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open, in this particular case. Keep burying your head in sand, in denial. Rakumin dajij.

P.S. You last post was hilarious. olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maybe one day you people will stop obsessing about oil that exists in far off lands that aren’t yours and actually start doing a decent days job. It will serve you better than sour grapes. If only you cast your eyes closer to home, you will find that the North you come from is worth much more than the onions and tomatoes you are flaunting like they are diamonds.

Forget about oil and onions and educate the 10 million almajiri's that have become an economic and security burden. They are a vast human resource that has been reduced a private army of readymade Neanderthal rioters who live a dog’s life.

I have frequently posted on NL that there are many cities the World over that have a greater GDP than the whole of Nigeria put together. London’s budget is quite a few times the size of the Nigerian budget, yet there are several cities like Tokyo that make London’s economic output look like child’s play. And it doesn’t stop with the developed World, cities like Sao-Paulo and Buenos-Aires also outstrip Nigeria in economic output, yet they are mere cities.
Do you want to know the secret? It isn't from oil, but from investments in and nurturing of their human resources. Progressive Northerners are strategising about how to educate and harness the catastrophically wasted resource that almajiri's present, while you are here regressively obsessed with other peoples oil. I repeat, my state doesn't need the oil, except that in God's wisdom, we hold churn out 35% of the nation’s output.

You need to think human resource and stop the small minded strategising around oil and onions.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by nduchucks: 2:14am On Jan 24, 2011
Beaf:

Maybe one day you people will stop obsessing about oil that exists in far off lands that aren’t yours and actually start doing a decent days job. It will serve you better than sour grapes. If only you cast your eyes closer to home, you will find that the North you come from is worth much more than the onions and tomatoes you are flaunting like they are diamonds.

Forget about oil and onions and educate the 10 million almajiri's that have become an economic and security burden. They are a vast human resource that has been reduced a private army of readymade Neanderthal rioters who live a dog’s life.

I have frequently posted on NL that there are many cities the World over that have a greater GDP than the whole of Nigeria put together. London’s budget is quite a few times the size of the Nigerian budget, yet there are several cities like Tokyo that make London’s economic output look like child’s play. And it doesn’t stop with the developed World, cities like Sao-Paulo and Buenos-Aires also outstrip Nigeria in economic output, yet they are mere cities.
Do you want to know the secret? It isn't from oil, but from investments in and nurturing of their human resources. Progressive Northerners are strategising about how to educate and harness the catastrophically wasted resource that almajiri's present, while you are here regressively obsessed with other peoples oil. I repeat, my state doesn't need the oil, except that in God's wisdom, we hold churn out 35% of the nation’s output.

You need to think human resource and stop the small minded strategising around oil and onions.

Once again, story story. You are incapable of making a objective comment on the topic at hand because of your obsession with Northerners and the North. To be honest with you, you are disgracing yourself here and have become the emperor without clothes in the forum - a laughing stock. Northerners have absolutely nothing to do with your inability to produce ordinary onions in enough quantity to satisfy your needs.

Please have your customary last word on the issue, mumu.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 2:34am On Jan 24, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Once again, story story. You are incapable of making a objective comment on the topic at hand because of your obsession with Northerners and the North. To be honest with you, you are disgracing yourself here and have become the emperor without clothes in the forum - a laughing stock. Northerners have absolutely nothing to do with your inability to produce ordinary onions in enough quantity to satisfy your needs.

Please have your customary last word on the issue, mumu.

I have heard this laughing stock talk from other thick heads when they have run aground. Go and train your people instead of jerking off to news of oil in other peoples lands and the paranoia that they might secede with it. Develop your people, train your almajiri's, they are a bigger resource than oil by several orders of magnitude.

The era of free money is over. Parasite.

Grow the onions, we will buy them from you. If you don't sell, they will rot, or will you start eating onions like bread?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Jan 24, 2011
Finally, a confession  . . . . We need you to grow Onions etc for us . . .  ROFLMAO!!!!! phew!!!cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 2:43am On Jan 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Finally, a confession . . . . We need you to grow Onions etc for us . . . ROFLMAO!!!!! phew!!!cheesy grin cheesy grin

. . .Any other fools in the house?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by macjive01: 3:11am On Jan 24, 2011
All hail beaf, the defender and conquearer of nairaland. Don't spare the laughing jackasses
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Abagworo(m): 3:13am On Jan 24, 2011
@beaf.Your belief in oil is part of our problem.Get your mind off it for we neither planted it nor can we harvest it.I seem to always disagree with your comments and they sometimes are unnecessarily aggressive.You tend to believe that only your village has oil.

Imo State has a vast oil reserve and the oil producing communities are still the major food producers.Why not remind us that Delta produces one of the best garri in Nigeria as well as rubber.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by aljharem2: 3:24am On Jan 24, 2011
Abagworo:

@beaf.Your belief in oil is part of our problem.Get your mind off it for we neither planted it nor can we harvest it.I seem to always disagree with your comments and they sometimes are unnecessarily aggressive.You tend to believe that only your village has oil.

Imo State has a vast oil reserve and the oil producing communities are still the major food producers.Why not remind us that Delta produces one of the best garri in Nigeria as well as rubber.

gbammm

good one

imo, akwa/ibom, edo, ondo, lagos, balysea,ogun, rivers,abia and crossriver all have oil beaf!!!!
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 3:24am On Jan 24, 2011
^
It looks like its raining fools these days. embarassed

Abagworo:

You must be a dumb cretin. The thread is not long, anybody can find that the person who introduced oil was Ndu Chucks, right here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-590888.0.html#msg7583833

. . .But you are naturally blind and dishonest like an Ndu Chucks replica, so no biggies.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by aljharem2: 3:26am On Jan 24, 2011
[size=14pt] most of you people have do geography right!
do you know that oil flows from the north underground to the south

so we can stop oil in the south at an instant angry[/size]
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Jan 24, 2011
Beaf:

. . .Any other fools in the house?

The evidence is all too clear which one of us is the fool here . . . you just wasted half a day rambling, only to, in the end, admit, you need those whom you seem to HATE SO MUCH for your onion etc supplies  . . lol

ah ah  . . . even primary one pupil from abia for don answer simple come  shut up tey . . . lol . I was waiting there for you to reveal to use that the supply actually comes from one of the eastern states, only for you to admit the initial claim was right after all.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by macjive01: 3:40am On Jan 24, 2011
alj-harem:

[size=14pt] most of you people have do geography right!
do you know that oil flows from the north underground to the south

so we can stop oil in the south at an instant angry[/size]

Chei!! Wat a waste of nine months!

Ur parents shd better start mourning because this alive and life u claim to b and live is nothing but a total waste! A waste devoid of the minutest, infinitesimal element of brain.

Mallam go ahead stop the oil flow . . . .
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 4:03am On Jan 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The evidence is all too clear which one of us is the fool here . . . you just wasted half a day rambling, only to, in the end, admit, you need those whom you seem to HATE SO MUCH for your onion etc supplies  . . lol

ah ah  . . . even primary one pupil from abia for don answer simple come  shut up tey . . . lol . I was waiting there for you to reveal to use that the supply actually comes from one of the eastern states, only for you to admit the initial claim was right after all.

Was there ever any dispute about where onions come from? Did I ever "admit" a need for anybody or region? What a fool!
Dude, go argue with your toilet seat, where you can make up any opposing "arguments" that catch your fancy. You are known for that.

Dunce.

If you can't understand this extremely simple sentence, do not propagate your DNA:

Grow the onions, we will buy them from you. If you don't sell, they will rot, or will you start eating onions like bread?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Jan 24, 2011
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by johndoe200: 4:42am On Jan 24, 2011
^Kobojunket at her rationally challenged best.

The price of onions are about the same in Lagos, so what is the big deal? There seems to be a general shortage of supply.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Jan 24, 2011
^^^^ You really asking me that, oh rational one/genius?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=14pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!!
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by nikkygal(f): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2011
@OP

The exorbitant price of onions right now is NOT only limited to PH. . . At least to the best of my knowledge, it is prevalent in the South-West and South-South due to the heavy rains that we heard destroyed the crops in the North last year. Onions even in Lagos right now, is about 60-70 bucks for one and am not even talking of the high-brow areas oh! AM sure Lekki & co will be N150, lol!

So please kindly verify your facts from others too as your post reeks of an alarmist . . . . .  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Someone Teach Me How To Bake Cake? / 5 Wonderful Foods You Should Eat To Get Big Backside / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.