Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! (7537 Views)

Why is Vegetable Soup More Expensive Than Others? / List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / Why Are Healthy Food More Expensive Than 'junk Food"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Mobinga: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2011
shocked What kind of dismal pepper-souping comments are these about my horrendously wonderful state?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by MMM2(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
becos it is an oil city.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mobinga:

shocked What kind of dismal pepper-souping comments are these about my horrendously wonderful state?
gbam
we been no complain ooo but some peeps just carry d matter for head almost dey one kidnap others thru thier keyboard lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Mobinga: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
aguiyi:

gbam
we been no complain ooo but some peeps just carry d matter for head almost dey one kidnap others thru thier keyboard lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Don't mind them. Amebor people grin Put hand for soup wey another man dey cook. grin

Leave us jor, we no dey complain. I didn't even notice grin
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by KokoBeware: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ poster: its not only in PHC, other cities across the nation at least i am sure of abuja bought 4 for 300naira yesterday, same as owerri,

e be lyk sey person don discover say onions dey cure AIDS, cos its really alarming,
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by akunta(f): 1:15pm On Jan 24, 2011
@POSTER,
its not just PH O! its every where, esp in Lag now
its so bad tat a small miserable looking Onion goes 4 100bucks shocked
and, see rushing join am, cos, no cooking can be complete without Onions. wink
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2011
akunta:

@POSTER,
its not just PH O! its every where, esp in Lag now
its so bad tat a small miserable looking Onion goes 4 100bucks shocked
and, see rushing join am, cos, no cooking can be complete without Onions. wink
says who? ask the bachelors (sometimes i toast without remembering it)
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by akunta(f): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
@Aguiyi,
tats why u r a bachelor grin
seriously speaking, even a "Good Bachelor cook" knws the worth of Onion in cooking. wink
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2011
akunta:

@Aguiyi,
tats why u r a bachelor grin
seriously speaking, even a "Good Bachelor cook" knws the worth of Onion in cooking. wink

dont venture to tell me that again before i lose my mind and get married this evening grin
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by akunta(f): 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ Aguiyi,
wat r u still waiting 4? wink
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2011
akunta:

@ Aguiyi,
wat r u still waiting 4? wink
am waiting for you or cant you c that you look too cute not to be waited for (i mean the profile pix) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by akunta(f): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
Aguiyi, thanks 4 complimenting my profile pics smiley
but flattery wont get u anywhere cos she's already taken tongue
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2011
eyah,poor me,wat a late comer i am cry cry cry,anywayz,if there is room for a spare husband or possibly an assitant,i will be glad to fill it, kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by akunta(f): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2011
awwwww, so swit, unfortunately there isnt any room 4 spare or assistant grin
wat u nid though, is a chasis 4 u alone who will make u realise the importance of Onion in any good meal wink grin
Goodluck wit tat!!! cheesy
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2011
akunta:

Aguiyi, thanks 4 complimenting my profile pics smiley
but flattery wont get u anywhere cos she's already taken tongue

I love that
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Abagworo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 24, 2011
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101210415614

Similar to the Nigerian case, the scarcity of onion in India is blamed on unusually heavy rains in growing areas, as well as on hoarders and speculators. Imports of onions have begun arriving in India from its neighbour and rival Pakistan, according to official reports. During visits to some markets in Lagos, including Mile 12 , Ketu and Egbeda markets, our correspondent gathered that prices of other vegetables, such as pepper and tomatoes, whose prices were high during the festive period, had come down. A major dealer and importer at the Mile 12 Market, Lagos, Alhaji Wadata Musa, told our correspondent that a bag of onion, which sold at between N10 ,000 AND N12 ,000 was now being sold for as high as between N40 , 000 and N42 ,000. He said, “For instance, from July 2009 to January 2010, we sell at normal prices ranging between N10 , 000 and N12 , 000 , depending on the size and type of onions, and between July 2010 to January 2011 when the flood started, it increased to N20 ,000 during the festive period, that is between November and December 2011 , we sold within the ranges of N40 , 000 and N46 , 000 , but now, it is sold for N40 , 000 to N42 , 000. But the problem is mainly scarcity” “The exchange rate is not favourable now. Apart from this, the custom levy is high depending on the size of the trailer. For instance, we pay N100 ,000 on 36 tonnes of onions ( 260 bags), and as much as N60 ,000 on 15 tonnes.” He added that the cost of transportation was also high. He explained further, “We spend almost N300, 000 on transportation alone from these countries (Cameroon, Chad and Niger Republic). Then, when it gets to the borders ( Maiduguri, Sokoto and Kebbi), we offload and load again into another trailer and pay per bag of onions depending on the size of the bag. “From Maiduguri, which serves as a border to Cameroon and Chad, we pay N1 ,400 per bag to transfer to Lagos, so, for 30 tonnes of onion, which co
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by asamuel: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
Tell Jonathan Goodluck. He has been wasting all our money just to continue as President. That's the effect of inflation. He can control oil price but he can't control onion price.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Abagworo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
asamuel:

Tell Jonathan Goodluck. He has been wasting all our money just to continue as President. That's the effect of inflation. He can control oil price but he can't control onion price.

In as much as I see Goodluck Jonathan as not being the messiah we need,it is unfair to blame him for a problem caused by nature.There is worldwide scarcity of onions.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Adonike(m): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2011
Hmmm, Nairaland's Politics section is just the place to be. God bless Beef- my mentor.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by kufreabasi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
Immagine i bought 1/4 of onion for N50.00. what a wicked world? must food stuff items be so costly like this?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by seanet03: 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2011
nawao
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by bigdoo: 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
I have noticed for a very long time that onions is very expensive in Nigeria.  Perhaps I will start considering bringing my onions from UK whenever I am coming to Nigeria.  It is possible to buy a whole bag of onions for £3 in UK (about N720), which could last a family of up to seven people for a whole month or more.  But I discover that it is not possible to manage N500 worth of onions for a family of seven for one week in Nigeria.  Is it because it is produced in the north?  Perhaps if crude oil was to be located in the northern part of Nigeria, the cost of petrol (particularly in the south)could be anybody's guess.  I do not understand why what we produce in Nigeria should be more expensive than if it were imported from outside the country.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by texazzpete(m): 4:56pm On Jan 24, 2011
asamuel:

Why stop there, arsehole. Why not blame Jonathan for Harmattan also?
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Mobinga: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
lwkmd
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by software(m): 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
na only for PH una see? come to Abuja, It is the same there, Just 1pcs of Onion goes for 100 naira, if i add up 30naira, i will buy two litres of Petrol, Only God know wetin dey happen. GOd Help naija oooo. maybe some ppl are storing it, maybe we need deregulation, lol
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2011
The great onions war of 2011 is still raging!
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by raptainer(m): 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2011
na true talk. and its seem dat akwa-ibom n owerri are d most hit, imagine cookin for 3days witout onions, i've done just dat becos of it price.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by sr: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
hm, @beaf seriously, u r the chief b1g0t of nairaland lipsrsealed
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Beaf: 10:11pm On Jan 24, 2011
sr:

hm, @beaf seriously, u r the chief b1g0t of nairaland lipsrsealed

Avoid words whose meaning you don't know and keep to talking about onions.
Wisdom.
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
same here in bayelsa
Re: A Medium Onions Is More Expensive Than A Litre Of Petrol In PH! by endmoll(m): 4:58am On Jan 25, 2011
My people the issue of cost of living in PH is not some thing to write home about.I used to live in PH and i have never had such experience before,even in Abuja food items are cheaper to compare to PH. The worst part of it is that there are no good roads,electricity,no decent kele for that city and i think one of the dirtiest city in Nigeria.I began wondering why they call it garden city or oil city,when ever it rains you can be in traffic for up to 5hrs trying to get home and if you are not careful you might be carried away by current from the rain.I want to ask most of the residents of PH what they feel about that city and what are they thinking of doing to make that place habitable for them selves before they implore others to visit or relocate there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Someone Teach Me How To Bake Cake? / 5 Wonderful Foods You Should Eat To Get Big Backside / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.