Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

When God Doesn't Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Doesn't Answer (793 Views)

I'm So Convinced That God Doesn't Not Exist / Prayers That God Doesn't Answer / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2020
Have you ever helplessly waited for an answer from God and it seems like none is coming forth?

Don't despair, hold on, be steadfast, and in no time, your lips will be filled with shouts of joy.

For atheists, sit still with this Bible verse, I don't have your time:

John 7:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Back to the topic

When God doesn't answer your prayers, it's either it's not yet time, or you're not aligning with His purpose for you.

A certain quora user shared a story about her daughter. When she was only ten, she would pray to God asking for a husband. She prayed every day!

Then one day, she ran excitedly to her mother, "Mum, God told me I'll meet my husband today." Her mum was bemused, she was only ten after all.

But that day, they were going out to have fun at a horror amusement park (that's the best way I can describe it, can't remember the name).

When it was their turn to enter the horror house, someone wearing a horror costume jumped out of nowhere, scaring her daughter so much that she fell. The young lad behind the costume had to remove it to help her daughter up.

Years later, when her daughter finally got married, she was sitting one day, discussing with her son-in-law. And somehow the topic of how he worked in the same town they once lived came up.

It turned out he was the same young lad that scared the daughter and helped her up. Her daughter did meet her husband that day, but it was not yet time to get married.

God is too awesome to fail.

That he hasn't answered your prayers yet, doesn't mean He doesn't hear. He does, and working tirelessly to give you that expected end. Don't underestimate Him.

I too have asked God for things that have yet happened. But I'm not bothered because I know He has a very special interest in me and hears my prayer.

How do I know this? He answers other prayers so fast, and whenever I join hands with someone in prayers, there is always an answer.

I remember one of my friends went on for almost two years without confirmation at his place of work.

I noticed he was withdrawn and gets angry easily, and I asked what the problem is. He opened up to me.

I asked him, "Why do you worry when you can pray." You know the reason we worry, is because we don't trust this God enough, even as Christians.

I asked my friend, how often do you pray? He started explaining his busy schedule and how he doesn't have time. You don't have time for God, but you have time for a job that is bringing down your self-esteem?

Anyway, I asked him, do you still trust God? He said yes. Good. We fixed a prayer time, twice per day- 6 am and 11 pm. I would always ring him up to remind him, and sometimes he checked on me to know if I was up (lol...men and support seeking).

Do you know in less than a month, he was confirmed? Like the way God did it, stirring the hearts of his branch managers, both new and old for his sake.

Also, because of him, someone else who had not been confirmed had to be. Because they felt it would be an injustice to confirm my friend who has not done half of what the guy has done. So you see, in his blessing, another was blessed.

I could write stories of the mysteries of answered prayers. Things you would doubt.

But just have it in mind, unanswered prayers don't mean God is ignoring you. Keep praying consistently, and believe with all your heart, that you're praying to a living God.

Happy Sunday everyone.

1 Like

Re: When God Doesn't Answer by xendercage: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2020
What about people who are under favour. I am meant to understand, that when one is under favour protocols are broken, such people do God also ignore their prayers when it is not their time for such intentions to be heard?
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2020
xendercage:
What about people who are under favor. I am meant to understand, that when one is under favor protocols are broken, such people do God also ignore their prayers when it is not their time for such intentions to be heard?

Someone can be under favor for so many reasons. It could be that the parents are no more and God is taking care of them. It could be that their ancestors served God and not idols. It could be that they did a great service to humanity and they are getting a reward. So many things come to play.

But some of their prayers could go unanswered too.

They might get a wonderful job but are yet to have a happy home. They might be in a position for years without promotion. They might have a comfortable life, but have this nagging illness eating them up.

The bottom line is that you will still need something from God, favored or not. And you'll have to pray to get it, at the appropriate time.

1 Like

Re: When God Doesn't Answer by xendercage: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2020
Nooil:

Someone can be under favor for so many reasons. It could be that there parents are no more and God is taking care of them. It could be that their ancestors served God and not idols. It could be that they did a great service to humanity and they are getting reward. So many things come to play.

But there are some of their prayers that could go unanswered too.

They might get a wonderful job, but are yet to have a happy home. They might have a comfortable life, but have this nagging illness eating them up.

The bottom line is that you will still need something from God, favored or not. And you'll have to pray to get it, at the appropriate time.

Ok now i understand
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nooil:
Have you ever helplessly waited for an answer from God and it seems like none is coming forth?

Don't despair, hold on, be steadfast, and in no time, your lips would be filled with shouts of joy.

For atheists, sit still with this Bible verse, I don't have your time:

John 7:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Back to the topic

When God doesn't answer your prayers, it's either it's not yet time, or you're not aligning with His purpose for you.

A certain quora user shared a story about her daughter. When she was only ten, she would pray to God asking for a husband. She prayed every day!

Then one day, she ran excitedly to her mother, "Mum, God told me I'll meet my husband today." Her mum was bemused, she was only ten after all.

But that day, they were going out to have fun in a horror amusement park (that's the best way I can describe it, can't remember the name).

When it was their turn to enter the horror house, someone wearing a horror costume jumped out of nowhere, scaring her daughter so much that she fell. The young lad behind the costume had to remove it to help her daughter up.

Years later, when her daughter finally got married, she was sitting one day, discussing with her son-in-law. And somehow the topic of how he worked in the same town they once lived came up.

It turned out he was the same young lad that scared the daughter and helped her up. Her daughter did meet her husband, but it was not yet time to get married.

God is too awesome to fail.

That he hasn't answered your prayers yet, doesn't mean He doesn't hear. He does, and working tirelessly to give you that expected end. Don't underestimate Him.

I too have asked God for things that have yet happened. But I'm not bothered because I know He has a very special interest in me and hears my prayer.

How do I know this? He answers other prayers so fast, and whenever I join hands with someone in prayers, there is always an answer.

I remember one of my friends went on for almost two years without confirmation at his place of work.

I noticed he was withdrawn and gets angry easily, and I asked what the problem is. He opened up to me.

I asked him, "Why do you worry when you can pray." You know the reason we worry, is because we don't trust this God enough, even as Christians.

I asked my friend, how often do you pray? He started explaining his busy schedule and how he doesn't have time. You don't have time for God, but you have time for a job that is bringing down your self-esteem?

Anyway, I asked him, do you still trust God? He said yes. Good. We fixed a prayer time, twice per day- 6 am and 11 pm. I would always ring him up to remind him, and sometimes he checked on me to know if I was up (lol...men and support seeking).

Do you know in less than a month, he was confirmed? Like the way God did it, stirring the heart of his branch managers, both new and old for his sake.

Also, because of him, someone else who had not been confirmed had to be. Because they felt it would be an injustice to confirm my friend who has not done half of what the guy has done. So you see, in his blessing, another was blessed.

I could write stories of the mysteries of answered prayers. Things you would doubt.

But just have it in mind, unanswered prayers don't mean God is ignoring you. Keep praying consistently, and believe with all your heart, that you're praying to a living God.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Your thread is incomplete ! OP explain this, and I quote...

Avoid evil and unGodly behaviour: 1 Peter 3:12 says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." Another verses says 'the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto God'.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
BadRadio:
Your thread is incomplete ! OP explain this, and I quote...

Avoid evil and unGodly behaviour: 1 Peter 3:12 says, "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." Another verses says 'the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto God'.

I was actually addressing Christians that already know the prayer of a sinner is an abomination to God.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nooil:

I was actually addressing Christians that already know the prayer of a sinner is an abomination to God.
I am not sure of that
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
BadRadio:
I am not sure of that

Why are you not sure?
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
xendercage:
What about people who are under favour. I am meant to understand, that when one is under favour protocols are broken, such people do God also ignore their prayers when it is not their time for such intentions to be heard?
But the God of the Bible specifically is depicted as a God against favoritism. His mercy is to all mankind!

Deuteronomy 10 vs 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17. For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God, showing no partiality and accepting no bribe.

Galatians 2 vs 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. But as for the highly esteemed, whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism. For those men added nothing to my message.

Ephesians 6 vs 9
9. And masters, do the same for your slaves. Give up your use of threats, because you know that He who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with Him.

Colossians 3 vs 25
25. Whoever does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nooil:

Why are you not sure?
The topic the deeper than u ve said
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Do this and God will answer your prayers.

1. Become a believer through repentance and then grow your faith and trust in him.

2.Discover who you are and discover your identity as well as your relationship status with him.

3. Learn how to pray, dont just hurriedly put words together in the name of praying, It should be a communication btw the two of you, quote his words when you converse with him, you might get your reply instantly.

4. Understand his purpose for your life, when you do so it will guide you when asking him for anything, the thing is that when you ask God for something that is out of his plan for your life, such prayer may never be answered.

5. show gratitude. Testify and be thankful, nothing pleases God more than the fact that you acknowledge what he has done for u.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
BadRadio:

1. Become a believer through repentance and then grow your faith and trust in him.
No one can become a follower of Jesus Christ simply by wishing for it. Jesus required that those who choose to follow Him do the work that He commands they first do.

1. Be prepared to abandon parents, brother, sister, children, spouse, in-laws, e.t.c.
2. Abandon all that you know/believe, have, and all that you are
3. Bear your own burden (not someone else's cross- not even your family's or children's)

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.

4. Become a child again in your thinking and your actions

Matthew 14 vs 23-24
3. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.

5. Be prepared to lose life(reputation, career, control, property, etc.)

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24. Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26. It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27. The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.

6. Desire above all to find and enter the Kingdom of God and also walk the path of righteousness, with God as your guide every step
7. Let go of all control you have over your life and circumstances, allowing God to take care of your every need

Matthew 6 vs 31-34
25. “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26. Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28. “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31. “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32. That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33. What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34. So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

1 Like

Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
BadRadio:
The topic the deeper than u ve said

Okay, I've seen your contributions
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
BadRadio:
3. Learn how to pray, dont just hurriedly put words together in the name of praying, It should be a communication btw the two of you, quote his words when you converse with him, you might get your reply instantly.

Matthew 6 vs 5-15
5. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
6. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
7. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9. Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.[a]

10. Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

11. Give us this day our daily bread,[c]
12. and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13. And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.[d]

14. For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
15. but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But the God of the Bible specifically is depicted as a God against favoritism. His mercy is to all mankind!

Thank you for your contributions.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2020
BadRadio:

2. Discover who you are and discover your identity as well as your relationship status with him.

3. Learn how to pray, don't just hurriedly put words together in the name of praying, It should be a communication btw the two of you, quote his words when you converse with him, you might get your reply instantly.

4. Understand his purpose for your life, when you do so it will guide you when asking him for anything, the thing is that when you ask God for something that is out of his plan for your life, such prayer may never be answered.

5. Show gratitude. Testify and be thankful, nothing pleases God more than the fact that you acknowledge what he has done for u.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Nooil:

uwc
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2020
Nooil:

uwc
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by CAPSLOCKED: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
HERE'S THE COMPLETE STORY OF 99% CHRISTIANS TODAY.
MAKING UP UNREASONABLE EXCUSES FOR AN IMAGINATION, BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL GOOD.

2 Likes

Re: When God Doesn't Answer by trueking: 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sometimes God has answered but yet to manifest in the physical realm, like the case of Daniel, the more reason to remain fervent and continue to believe,
But me sha, if I don't get an answer, I ask God why?
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Jun 13, 2020
trueking:

But me sha, if I don't get an answer, I ask God why?
And?
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by trueking: 2:13am On Jun 13, 2020
Kobojunkie:

And?
And somehow I get to know why, either through dreams, situations and circumstances, from the Bible; here the Holy Spirit would help you connect the dots to your situation that would reveal why,and you may be having normal conversation with someone and the answer would just pop out, ( you just have to be sensitive in the spirit) sometimes I may not press too much to know why if the answer isn't forth coming, I just trust Him.
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Jun 13, 2020
trueking:

And somehow I get to know why, either through dreams, situations and circumstances, from the Bible; here the Holy Spirit would help you connect the dots to your situation that would reveal why,and you may be having normal conversation with someone and the answer would just pop out, ( you just have to be sensitive in the spirit) sometimes I may not press too much to know why if the answer isn't forth coming, I just trust Him.

Ok, so you pray and you don't receive an answer. You ask why, and then you find out why, then what?

What reason could there possibly be for unanswered prayer from a God that Promised By His name, that He would answer if you believe in Him (i.e. you trust Him and obey His commandments) ? undecided
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by DragnetisaKuk(f): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Lol. grin
Re: When God Doesn't Answer by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Apr 25, 2023
trueking:
■ And somehow I get to know why, either through dreams, situations and circumstances, from the Bible; here the Holy Spirit would help you connect the dots to your situation that would reveal why,and you may be having normal conversation with someone and the answer would just pop out, ( you just have to be sensitive in the spirit) sometimes I may not press too much to know why if the answer isn't forth coming, I just trust Him.
1. According to God, He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the prayers, please, requests, petitions of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins and as such an abomination to God. However, God made known that He answers all of the prayers of the righteous; He delights in fulfilling the desires of those who are righteous. undecided

What that means is none of what you has previously described fits with God's modus operandi in any way as God said He will answer all of the prayers of the unrighteous. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Jesus Right Now ?? / "You Reap What You Sow" Is This Statement Really True? / My Pastor Married My Wife| Truth Finally Revealed!! Bright Ben Vs Adeeyo Gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.