Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? (1376 Views)

Supernatural Powers Does Not Exist, They Lied To Us. / Does Elon Musk Believe In Supernatural Beings Like God (watch Video) / Do You Believe In Supernatural Or Metaphysical Powers? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by nony43(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
I have met people who do not believe that there are some humans who possess powers capable of causing things to happen.They don't believe in witches and wizards, mammy water and spirits.

I know someone if anything wants to happen to anybody close to her, she will see it in her dream first before it happens. If you offend her to the point that she will shed tears bad luck and ills will starts following nothing nothing you will do and prosper unless you apologize to her. Since then I have become more careful on how I interact with people.

So, who else here doesn't believe that humans have supernatural powers capable of hurting or helping people?
Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by SirMichael1: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
I once believed i could fly after watching a whole season of heros. I went out the house, focused my mind for a long time hoping i'll begin to levitate. I did that for almost 3 hours and then suddenly, I started to experience some movement. Rain had just began to fall.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Happycharles(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Yes I am a Believer cos the life God designed for those who believe in Him is that of the supernatural.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
nony43:
I have met people who do not believe that there are some humans who possess powers capable of causing things to happen.They don't believe in witches and wizards, mammy water and spirits.

I know someone if anything wants to happen to anybody close to her, she will see it in her dream first before it happens. If you offend her to the point that she will shed tears bad luck and ills will starts following nothing nothing you will do and prosper unless you apologize to her. Since then I have become more careful on how I interact with people.

So, who else here doesn't believe that humans have supernatural powers capable of hurting or helping people?

Unless you are completely oblivious of the larger events in the world around you then you cannot imagine that the coincidences in your tiny part of the world are some sort of orchestration.

Repeatedly all who have come forward with claims of supernatural power have been shown to be charlatans and quacks. Millions of dollars have been offered for people to come prove their so called powers and not 1 person has been able to claim any of such prizes. Even in India, where many of you believe they have strong magic, was anybody able to do so.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
nony43:

Have you seen David Blaine? Or Chris Angel? I believe there are likely those humans among us with super-powers. What I don't understand is your friend whom you sort of describe as a witch. Are you suggesting her ability stops at sending karma after those who offend her? cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by finalboss(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Have you seen David Blaine? Or Chris Angel? I believe there are likely those humans among us with super-powers. What I don't understand is why you think your friend whom you sort of describe as a witch. Are you suggesting her ability stops at sending karma after those who offend her? cheesy grin cheesy grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I believe there are likely those humans among us with super-powers.

Why do you believe so?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
LordReed:
Why do you believe so?
Experience and exposure to the truth!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Experience and exposure to the truth!

What experience did you have and what truth did you get exposed to?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
What experience did you have and what truth did you get exposed to?
Let's just say that up until my journey with God truly began only 3 years ago, I had no real experience of the world beyond my senses. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by petra1(m): 2:15am On Jun 10, 2020
nony43:
I have met people who do not believe that there are some humans who possess powers capable of causing things to happen.They don't believe in witches and wizards, mammy water and spirits

You’re right such people exist . not that they possess power but they are possessed of demons!

I know someone if anything wants to happen to anybody close to her, she will see it in her dream first before it happens. If you offend her to the point that she will shed tears bad luck and ills will starts following nothing nothing you will do and prosper unless you apologize to her. Since then I have become more careful on how I interact with people

The way you’re talking about this it seem you have the individual in admiration . But you need to know that such a One is dealing with demons and evil spirits . And everyone patronizing them get demonized

Hurting people yes! But helping people No! . Satan has no friend . The individual need a minister of Hod to cast the spirit out of them rather . It will eventually destroy them and torment their loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Let's just say that up until my journey with God truly began only 3 years ago, I had no real experience of the world beyond my senses. grin

How did you know there is a world beyond your senses if you can't sense it?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
How did you know there is a world beyond your senses if you can't sense it?
I am no limited to the use of just my senses any longer when perceiving even the world around me. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 8:45am On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am no limited to the use of just my senses any longer when perceiving even the world around me. grin

By what do you then perceive this beyond the senses realm?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
By what do you then perceive this beyond the senses realm?
No idea... I can't tell you the how or what, but I can tell you it does, every moment of my daily life I am aware of it now.
The closest I can think of is being possessed and controlled from and by a remote being of great intelligence. And yes, it is as creepy and batty as it sounds! ROFLMAO!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No idea... I can't tell you the how or what, but I can tell you it does, every moment of my daily life I am aware of it now.
The closest I can think of is being possessed and controlled from and by a remote being of great intelligence. And yes, it is as creepy and batty as it sounds! ROFLMAO!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

If it is as creepy and batty as it sounds how do you know you are not having a psychosis?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
If it is as creepy and batty as it sounds how do you know you are not having a psychosis?
Because Psychosis and I used to be bedfellows... We are no strangers! grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Because Psychosis and I used to be bedfellows... We are no strangers! grin

Then you don't seem to be in the best position to tell the difference.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
Then you don't seem to be in the best position to tell the difference.
Let me guess? Because I have had the pleasure of experiencing what psychosis truly is, I am not in the best position to tell the difference between psychosis and a possession? You must think yourself smart for coming up with that all by yourself, huh? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Let me guess? Because I have had the pleasure of experiencing what psychosis truly is, I am not in the best position to tell the difference between psychosis and a possession? You must think yourself smart for coming up with that all by yourself, huh? undecided undecided undecided

Your sarcasm is irrelevant. If you experienced a psychosis then it means you are prone to not being able to distinguish reality from make believe, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
Your sarcasm is irrelevant. If you experienced a psychosis then it means you are prone to not being able to distinguish reality from make believe, it's that simple.
If you have never experienced a psychosis, how then can you know this? That I have experienced a psychosis simply means I have information to tell a psychosis from that which is not a psychosis better than one who has never experienced it at all. undecided undecided undecided

Did you know that while in a psychosis, one may not be able to distinguish between reality and illusion but one is semi-aware of the state one is in? Did
Did you know that mid-psychosis, the mind continues to record information from all your senses - that information is available to be parsed for more detail after the psychosis is passed and can be used to train the mind in the event of another occurrence? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If you have never experienced a psychosis, how then can you know this? That I have experienced a psychosis simply means I have information to tell a psychosis from that which is not a psychosis better than one who has never experienced it at all. undecided undecided undecided

Did you know that while in a psychosis, one may not be able to distinguish between reality and illusion but one is semi-aware of the state one is in? Did
Did you know that mid-psychosis, the mind continues to record information from all your senses - that information is available to be parsed for more detail after the psychosis is passed and can be used to train the mind in the event of another occurrence? undecided undecided

Huh? I need to experience psychosis to know someone experiencing psychosis can't distinguish real from not real?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
Huh? I need to experience psychosis to know someone experiencing psychosis can't distinguish real from not real?
Yes, I believe that because much of the bull-piss written to inform you of and about it was written from the point of view of those who have no real experience of it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes, I believe that because much of the bull-piss written to inform you of and about it was written from the point of view of those who have no real experience of it. undecided

When experiencing a psychosis can you distinguish between what is real and what is not real?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
When experiencing psychosis can you distinguish between what is real and what is not real?
It depends on the kind of psychosis.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

It depends on the kind of psychosis.

And which kind did you experience?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
LordReed:
And which kind did you experience?
We all experience different kinds of hallucinations. For me, I don't get tripped up as much when the hallucinations are non-visual, but I have learnt, over the years, to double-check even that which I pretend I see. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
We all experience different kinds of hallucinations. For me, I don't get tripped up as much when the hallucinations are non-visual, but I have learnt, over the years, to double-check even that which I pretend I see. grin

A psychosis is not merely hallucinations. If hallucinations are what you've been having then you didn't have a psychosis. However it still begs the question how can you distinguish your hallucinatory experiences from this un-sensed world? Come to think of it, it is kind of a contradictory statement to assert that you have knowledge of a world beyond the senses that you still claim to sense in some way.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2020
LordReed:
A psychosis is not merely hallucinations. If hallucinations are what you've been having then you didn't have a psychosis. However it still begs the question how can you distinguish your hallucinatory experiences from this un-sensed world? Come to think of it, it is kind of a contradictory statement to assert that you have knowledge of a world beyond the senses that you still claim to sense in some way.
Did I say a psychotic experience is comprised of mere hallucinations? All I mentioned is that the visual hallucinations that make it hard for me to tell what is real from what is not while in the state. The world is not un-sensed while in that state. That contradiction was not introduced by me but you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by LordReed(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Did I say a psychotic experience is comprised of mere hallucinations? All I mentioned is that the visual hallucinations that make it hard for me to tell what is real from what is not while in the state. The world is not un-sensed while in that state. That contradiction was not introduced by me but you. undecided

Nope you did

Kobojunkie:
world beyond my senses. grin

You said there is a world beyond your senses, yet you know this world. With what do you know this world if it is beyond your senses? If you claim a form of perception then you are clearly contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Supernatural Powers? by Kobojunkie: 12:17am On Jun 11, 2020
LordReed:
Nope you did
You said there is a world beyond your senses, yet you know this world. With what do you know this world if it is beyond your senses? If you claim a form of perception then you are clearly contradicting yourself.
I think you better check the context in which that statement was made. undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can You Say About What Pastor Kumuyi Is Doing? / Daddy G.O’s son , Leke Adeboye Call Erring Pastors Of The Church “goats”(pics) / Can Anyone Please Tell Me What Is Going On With A Guy Called Lagosshia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.