Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year (12838 Views)

GTB Vs Innoson: Supreme Court Rules In Favour Of GTB In N2.4bn Debt / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / H1 2019: Fidelity Bank Posts Double Digit Growth In Earnings, Profitability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2020
With all these billions banks make one wonders why they still go bankrupt at any slight shakeup.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by droidview: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2020
impressive.

Meanwhile, find out the truth about Google ADMOB without cheating or ban:

https://www.nairaland.com/5902582/google-admob-how-it-right
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by simplesearch: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2020
Beedude:
Good one. I wish they have more branches in Nigeria.
Even as a Christian, i think Islamic banking will help business grow in a country like Nigeria thereby reducing the rate of unemployment. Unlike our Shylock banks around who charge u for everything.

If every bank or financial INSTITUTION OPERATE LIKE THEM THERE'LL BE MORE UNEMPLOYMENT.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Beedude(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2020
Corporate2020:

My friend, gerrout of here. If I see you in Jaiz Bank, I will stone you fufu. Go to your Christian Interest Banks. Only a Judas Iscariot or Judas IsMango will go to Islamic Bank. Please leave our bank for us.
I don't think u deserve a response but will do this for humanity sake.
Is Northern Nigeria only for muslims? Or Eastern Nigeria only for Christian?
I'm not an extremist, i relate with INTELLIGENT and REASONABLE people irrespective of their religion, tribe or political view.

Travelling out of Nigeria to different countries should change ur psych.

I won't reply u again as it won't be good wasting the first working day of the week. Adios

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Jess29: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2020
Good development
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by mvem(m): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Yuceeluv:
Are they recruiting? That's my own interest.
it is an Islamic bank...are you Muslim?
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by ContractKiller: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2020
The whole zero interest Islamic Banking thing is actually a scam. They actually charge interest, but rather than call it interest, they call it "rent."

Let me explain a bit further the difference between Islamic banking and other banks and why even in countries like Saudi Arabia it isn't popular.

Let's say you apply for a loan under a conventional bank for a home ownership mortgage to purchase a residential house for yourself. At all material times, that house actually belongs to you and not to the bank. The only legal rights the bank has against you is to charge interest on the loan and try to ensure you pay it back on time. Because the house is yours, you can still sell it if someone makes a good offer to you. The bank cannot stop you from doing this.

Under Islamic Banking however, what happens is this:
If you enter into a home ownership mortgage with an islamic bank, the bank buys the house, and then sells it to you at about three or four times the commercial value of the house on the open market. In other words, let's say the value of the house on the market is 5 million naira, the Islamic bank will sell it to you for 15 or 20 million naira.
Unlike in a conventional mortgage, the house belongs to the islamic bank, not to you. You only pay "rent" to the bank. If the commercial value of the house goes up, you cannot sell it as you would have been able to do under a conventional mortgage. Instead, the Islamic Bank can increase the amount of "rent" you are paying to reflect the fact that the home's value has gone up and if you fail to pay, they can evict you and sell the house.

So what they're actually doing is interest by another name.

dominique:
How they generate profits despite their zero interest loans is what I'm curious about

Corporate2020:

My friend, gerrout of here. If I see you in Jaiz Bank, I will stone you fufu. Go to your Christian Interest Banks. Only a Judas Iscariot or Judas IsMango will go to Islamic Bank. Please leave our bank for us.

Ibrahimmrfish:

Partnership, they investment in your business idea.When your business make profit, they also make profit and when your business make lost they also lost.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Beedude(m): 11:12am On Jun 08, 2020
simplesearch:

If every bank or financial INSTITUTION OPERATE LIKE THEM THERE'LL BE MORE UNEMPLOYMENT.
From my post, i am sure u didn't see where i said everyone should operate like them. I only said we need more of JAIZ BANK. We should have options. Not just a situation where the only banks available are GTB, Wema and co
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by SaintLucia: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2020
dominique:
How they generate profits despite their zero interest loans is what I'm curious about
Through loan infrastructural investment like those non profit banks in the middle east.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by SaintLucia: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2020
Abaman001:
Hope you guys did not drop workers as some others did within this COVID-19 era?
They even gave their workers bonus.

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by SaintLucia: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2020
ERockson:
If you think Jaiz doesn't charge interest on loans you are deceiving yourself.
They don't charge. I have an account with them. They don't give cash out as their loan. They rather help their customers to finance the loan without any interest. One of what I benefited during the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by kachi08(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2020
Despite the fact that they are non-interest bank. Good one.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by simplesearch: 11:26am On Jun 08, 2020
Matrimonous:
With all these billions banks make one wonders why they still go bankrupt at any slight shakeup.

You got it right. Many of them are insincere with their profit declaration which is usually anthetical to their true financial standING. Ask their shareholders after the declaration you'll be shocked they got nothing, they'll rather plead with them to hold on till following year as they are unable to meet their target and therefore the need to recapitalise.

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by SaintLucia: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2020
mvem:
it is an Islamic bank...are you Muslim?
Many Christians works in the bank.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by simplesearch: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2020
Beedude:

From my post, i am sure u didn't see where i said everyone should operate like them. I only said we need more of JAIZ BANK. We should have options. Not just a situation where the only banks available are GTB, Wema and co
How viable an alternative are they? Tell me how positively can a bank like Jaiz grow a micro-economic not to talk of macro economy. Can they give loan like GTB, a bank with less than 30 branches nationwide not even up to the number of GTB branches in Lagos. To be fair, Some of this bank only operate to keep their owners wealth, they do not aim to grow the economy or support business expansion. That's why they take almost 0% risk in lending by making their loan facility strigent or non-existent. Will you prefer a Jaiz bank to a Zenith or GTB bank in your locality?
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by simplesearch: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
SaintLucia:
They don't charge. I have an account with them. They don't give cash out as their loan. They rather help their customers to finance the loan without any interest. One of what I benefited during the lockdown.

They finance the loan, so who does the costing and purchases? how do you know nothing was inflated or you did your own personal findings. If you go with their cost how do you know you were not cheated and to that extent it becomes an interest, or you think this people dont know how to do their sourcing from where they make their bargain and profit at your own detriment.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Rainbow219(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
My Bank :x
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Swagaliciousguy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
grandstar:

I think you have to be Muslim. As long as you're not Boko haram, it shouldn't be a problem.

Is there anyway you can prove to them you're not?

One branch in Abuja has an igbo lady as their branch manager

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Swagaliciousguy(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
simplesearch:

They finance the loan, so who does the costing and purchases? how do you know nothing was inflated or you did your own personal findings. If you go with their cost how do you know you were not cheated and to that extent it becomes an interest, or you think this people dont know how to do their sourcing from where they make their bargain and profit at your own detriment.

The whole concept is profit sharing based on agreed upon terms.

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Business is a risk but not all that glitters are gold most especially in this Aisha's boyfriend era... Take a little bit of your time and say "Jesus Christ, thank you for my life and for loving me. "
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Swagaliciousguy(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
simplesearch:

Kindly explain how
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Beedude(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
simplesearch:

How viable an alternative are they? Tell me how positively can a bank like Jaiz grow a micro-economic not to talk of macro economy. Can they give loan like GTB, a bank with less than 30 branches nationwide not even up to the number of GTB branches in Lagos. To be fair, Some of this bank only operate to keep their owners wealth, they do not aim to grow the economy or support business expansion. That's why they take almost 0% risk in lending by making their loan facility strigent or non-existent. Will you prefer a Jaiz bank to a Zenith or GTB bank in your locality?
I once had an account with NOOR ISLAMIC BANK in Dubai for 2yrs so i have tested Islamic banking. I have also banked with Skye, Zenith, Access and Fcmb so i know what i'm saying. I have savings, currents and business accounts.
If Jaiz bank have branches close to me i would gladly open a business account with them and operate it effectively.
No harm in having options in life.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Androidlic: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
really
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by tomju(m): 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
dominique:
Zero Interest loans, but they sahre some %tage in the profit of the customer! That is their model. Like a joint business.
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by Bakerdav: 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2020
What is the method of there recruitment o
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by mvem(m): 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
SaintLucia:
Many Christians works in the bank.
interesting. I never knew
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by aril: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
dominique:

The Bank makes profits in three different ways.

Firstly, is buying and selling; meaning it buy an asset and sell at a profit. Note that, Islamic Banks are the only institutions authorized to engage in trade.

Secondly, is through leasing. Under the leasing arrangement, the Bank can for instance, finance a factory’s need for equipment and machineries and then lease out same on rental basis.

Thirdly, is through partnership. Here, it can go into partnership with either an individual or corporate body on a joint venture which is based on a pre-agreed profit and loss sharing formula. Under this arrangement, both parties can jointly contribute capital to a business and then share profit or loss based on agreed ratios.

2 Likes

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by asi2013: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
I dy use dis bank for kd dat yr. But e no dy south s
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by SaintLucia: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
simplesearch:

Open an account with them if u wanna know more. I don't like arguing with people that lack knowledge of what they knew not.

1 Like

Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by kadiri3(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
sammysneh:
Dont really know this bank
which state u dey abi na inside inside village u dey?
Re: JAIZ Bank Posts N2.4bn Profit After Tax For 2019 Financial Year by kadiri3(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Urchmahn:
which one be jaiz bank agin? shay dem de use jaiz ni
na inside inside village u dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get A National Identity Card / How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? / How Safe Is Internet Banking In Nigeria And Which Bank(s) Will You Recommend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.