Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Imasuen Faces Sexual Assault Scandal, Wife Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Imasuen Faces Sexual Assault Scandal, Wife Reacts (310 Views)

Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen / Defection: Toyin, Saraki’s Wife Reacts To Husband’s Defection From APC To PDP / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Imasuen Faces Sexual Assault Scandal, Wife Reacts by Eborabadan(m): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2020
Nollywood actress, Sylvia Oluchi has accused ace Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen of sexual assault towards her on a movie set.

This is coming just as several ladies have taken to social media to call out some top celebrities of allegedly raping them.

According to Sylvia, Lancelot sexually assaulted her in 2008 during a film shoot. The actress made the disclosure in a WhatsApp group chat, Filmic. She accused Lancelot Imaseun of inviting her to his hotel room at night and after rejecting his advances, he pinned her to the bed and tried raped her.

In the WhatsApp group, Sylvia wrote:

“When we were filming Bent Arrows back in 2008 in Abuja. You told me to come to your room in the hotel after the shoot at night (we were all camped in the same hotel). You made some moves, when I refused, you physically pinned me to the bed and shoved your tongue down my mouth while squeezing my boobs.”

The actress also added that her tears forced the veteran director to change his mind.

The actress confirmed the accusation in a telephone conversation, stating that she was not the only one as others too have suffered a similar fate.

Lancelot Imaseun's Reaction

Reacting to the allegation, Imasuen said he would not comment openly on the matter.

“It is still a private matter so I am not in a position to make a statement. The group chat where the accusation was made is a private one and the group’s admins have set up a committee to investigate the allegation.

“So, while I am surprised as anybody else-it is from 13 years ago, I have been advised to be quiet. It is an industry thing for now and cannot be made public,” Lancelot said.

Lancelot Imaseun is the latest in the Nigerian movie industry to face a sexual assault scandal.

Lancelot Imaseun, a native of Edo State is known to have directed several award-winning Nollywood movies, top of which is Invasion 1897.

Meanwhile, Amiua, the wife Lancelot Imasuen, has declared that she stands by her husband after the allegations of sexual assault by Sylvia Oluchi.

Lancelot’s wife who accompanied her husband to the movie set has dismissed the allegation, declaring, however, that she’s standing firmly by her husband thick and thin.

Her statement read in part:

“I stand against Rape, Violence or any form of molestation be it male or female."

"Bent Arrows was my husband’s first film after we got married 13 years ago and I was with him during the audition and filming.”

“Sylvia Oluchy I neither exalt nor bring low your allegations against my Husband with this letter but be rest assured that your desperate attempt to solicit other females to also allege same thing against my Husband, I have them. When the chips are down you will understand in full what I mean.”

“Sylvia stop losing sleep whether I was on that set or not.remember the scene shot at Mrs Isangs house? We had a little prayer meeting and I specifically made a prayer request with one of the major cast in attendance and to the Glory of God it has long been answered.”

“In all this, you and your cohorts can be rest assured that I stand firmly with my Husband.

“I am a Mother of Four Girls, A practising Accountant if any of my Bosses ever molested me I would never go back to them to ask for favours talkless of being cordial with them over a period of 13 Years….dear Sylvia please be guided.

“To everyone standing and running with Sylvia, well-done, you are all entitled to your opinions but remember just as much as a Girl Child needs a lot of protection so does the Boy Child. When all the concentration is on the Girl Child, is there a third gender for the Girl to associate with? No wonder there are so many broken homes, no wonder so many damaged Men roaming the World,” she added.
Read more here==https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/06/ace-nollywood-producer-lancelot-imasuen-faces-sexual-assault-scandal-wife-reacts/

THE STREET JOURNAL
Visit www.thestreetjournal.org

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Imasuen Faces Sexual Assault Scandal, Wife Reacts by romenna: 11:37am On Jun 08, 2020
it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Re: Nollywood Producer, Lancelot Imasuen Faces Sexual Assault Scandal, Wife Reacts by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 08, 2020
romenna:
it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
how does this relate to the topic on ground nowundecided

(1) (Reply)

2015 ‘ll Be Bloody If…- Buhari / My Opinion About Life Entirely / Can You spot The Difference?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.