Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen (12731 Views)

Abure Criticises Rising Cost Of Governance, Urges LP NASS Members To Reject SUVs / Apapa’s Camp Asked Court To Sack All LP Lawmakers-elect – Obi’s Faction Reveals / ‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by fergie001: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2023
The Senator representing Edo South Senatorial District in the upper chamber, under the platform of the Labour Party (LP), Senator Neda Bernard Imasuen has explained it would have amounted to nothing, if the eight senators from the LP had rejected the N160 million luxury Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs), provided for each senator as official vehicles.

Imasuen who stated this in Benin over the weekend while fielding questions from journalists, added that with just eight members in the red chambers, LP members’ rejection of the luxury SUVs would not have changed the decision as the majority would still have gone ahead to purchase the vehicles despite the criticism that greeted the venture from a cross-section of Nigerians.

Imasuen, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges, and Public Petitions, however, said if the matter were to be brought to the floor of the house, LP senators would definitely vote against it.

The lawmaker while defending his colleagues’ position on the controversy that greeted the purchase pointed out that as a minority in the house LP members could only have their say while the majority would have their way.

This was just as he described the rumours making the round of his planned defection to the All Progressive Congress (APC), as the handiwork of jittery opposition party in the state to cause confusion in the LP.

“I want to say that I have not received any SUV vehicle and none has been offered to me. However, we are in democracy, and in a parliament, there is a catchphrase that says the majority will have their way and the minority will have their say.

“We can only say what we believe is the right thing to do in the parliament; we are just eight senators amid 109 senators. So those who have zeroed into Labour Party senators I think it is very unfair.

“Assuming 109 vehicles are given to Senators and of the 109, eight rejected it, can you please tell me what significance that will be to the budget or to the overall image of the National Assembly? But what I can tell is that the Labour Party is not the proponent of this and we have made some inquiries and these seem to be what it is every four years,” he explained.

According to him, “What people don’t know is that senators are offered the right of first refusal to buy it and if you don’t buy it, they take it back from you. It is supposed to be a working vehicle for senators. If we were to vote on it today, the eight Labour party senators will vote against it but it doesn’t stop it because the 101 senators will vote yes. Even if we reject it, who takes it, are they going to return it back to the manufacturers?”

On his rumoured defection to the ruling APC, the senator said that he had it like every other person, assuring that he had no reason to join the APC or any other party.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by chiiraq802(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2023
Make una dey catch cruise dey go.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by God1000(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2023
LP lawmakers should have rejected those SUVs, joining APC and PDP to collect means they are all the same

They disappointed me,

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by kunzyomi(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
Lol
Who no like better thing?
Chop make I chop

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by EyeCumInPiss: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2023
They are all Political Bandits.
I just hope our NL agbado miscreants got their own share for all their efforts in moving Nigeria forward, even if na Keke dem share reach them.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Jogs1900: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2023
Is that not anti party since Barr. Abure already asked them to reject it.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Racoon(m): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2023
I give up. These NASS members are all united in this debutchery of the Nigerian state. No honour among criminals. Make it a unicameral legislature they said no. Divided the nation, nope! They are united in feeding off the carcass of this already beleaguered nation.

Karma and God will surely punish all these bastards who are leaguing with the judiciary and executive to continue to impoverish this godforsaken country.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Obiedun(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2023
All politicians are the same

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by INDOMIE9090(f): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
Elupee from top to bottom.
Brainwashed obidient will resume with their Leggedes Benz tomorrow

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by meum: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2023
See excuse. SMH

13 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Homeboiy: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
Sen imasuen I laugh
Even everybody reject he won't, he was so poor before he won that he was like a house boy to Sen urhoghide.

It was the former senators old jeep that he was driving before he won.
And his younger brothers LX470 keep.

Well, he is still paying back money to those that sponsored him.
Modified

He will soon defect to APC after edo governorship election next year.

He has projected that move to follow his master urghogide

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Pidginwhisper: 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
Eluuupeeeee! Who no like better thing,. Most of them go soon cross carpet.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Whalis: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
Obi would have done the same. Hypocrites.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by webclass(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
Those LP lawmakers are a huge disappointment

17 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by iokpebholo: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2023
Most of them will decamp before the next election walahi.last last na OYO for obi in Elupee party

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Ayoola171(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
It's better to smile inside SUV than inside Korope.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Judolisco(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
So why una come dey claim say una win election grin
Dem go soon start to dey decamp now

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Guyman01: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
Its better they collect it because rejecting it won't change anything since LP is minority party in the National Assembly

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Nolevel666: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
Fools

Their mates are fighting for interstellar and interplanetary map on the moon and mars the worthless bush pigs are here bickering over SUVs.

Pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by obembet(f): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2023
Werey. Even if majority collect the car, why can't you make different? Show the world the LP really mean business. Mumu man

Obiedun:
All politicians are the same

Some mumu stil believe that LP is Saint party

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by BreconHills(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2023
Jogs1900:
Is that not anti party since Barr. Abure already asked them to reject it.

They can expel them from the party if they wish.

3 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by victormbadike14(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
U disappointed yourself na to ever think LP is different from PDP and APC

God1000:
LP lawmakers should have rejected those SUVs, joining APC and PDP to collect means they are all the same

They disappointed me,

9 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Meti99(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
I used to think LP is a party of well meaning and incorruptible Nigerians, those who seek best for Nigeria.. until they won elections and began to show their true colors..

Ole ni everybody

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Austineva(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
That means, in other way around, they(LPs) love the doings 😂😂😂😂😂
Criminals everywhere, that's why I have embraced Biafra forever

I pity those LP dogs fighting we Biafrans for saying No Zoo Election in our Biafran territories. More of it, we love it☺️☺️☺️

4 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by ebenholer2(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2023
Imauen just Dey play cos we know u are birds of a feather and u all are not there to benefit the masses but your pockets

7 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Indispensable85(m): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
I pity the ignorant folks who think LP is any different from APC and PDP. For the information of those who don't know, Senator Neda imasuen was a PDP member until the last general elections where he defected to LP. They're all one and same people changing parties.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Raskimonojendor: 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2023
Pidginwhisper:
Eluuupeeeee! Who no like better thing,. Most of them go soon cross carpet.
Move back to their original parties..lol

Guyman01:
Its better they collect it because rejecting it won't change anything since LP is minority party in the National Assembly
Dey play.
So they are just there to warm the seat and chop national cake. They might as well just join PDP.

37 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Izuchukwu70: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
Elupee Lawmakers too have the rights to the National Cake.

2 Likes

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by Raskimonojendor: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
Indispensable85:
I pity the ignorant folks who think LP is any different from APC and PDP. For the information of those who don't know, Senator Neda imasuen was a PDP member until the last general elections where he defected to LP. They're all one and same people changing parties.
Is there any of them that weren't ex PDP or ex APC

Otti was ex PDP, then Ex APC.
GRV was Ex PDP.
Yussuf Datti was ex PDP
Peter Obi ex PDP
Moshood Salvador Ex APC
E.t.c.

They are ex PDP and ex APC that did not have there way in those parties.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majority Always Have Their Way: LP Lawmakers Won't Reject SUVs - Sen. Imasuen by VinnyBaba: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2023
Very Bad Defence from this LP Lawmaker! sad

Will be difficult for Abure and PETER OBI to Stop them! 😒😌

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State / I Won’t Work With Those Behind Crisis In PDP – Sheriff / Terver Akase Escapes Death In Motor Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.