Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? (3617 Views)

So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Don’t Like Them / Majority Of Girl's Seeking For Relationship Here Are Either Ugly Or Old / I Love Them Young, please advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2020
I love my men old and mature

2 Likes

Re: What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? by OBelz(f): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
kiss
pomide:

Hello ma, it was a complement...
Re: What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? by OBelz(f): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
I always preferred older men. I am not necessarily attracted to older men, but I'm still attracted to the same general age as I was when I was 18, men in their 30s-50s.

The following reasons are based only on my personal experience. I realise that someone's age doesn't necessarily mean any of this will be true, but they're the qualities I noticed in general that were different from younger men.

Older men (at the time I was 18, meaning men in their 30s-50s):

-They usually know what they're doing in a relationship and in bed.

-I found they weren't looking for someone to do their laundry, clean up after them, cook for them. Too often, younger men were just leaving home and an unfortunate number didn't have basic life skills and were looking for someone else to step into the role their mommy played in their lives.

-They've made mistakes before and have learned from them. Maturity counts for a lot and you can only really get that through experience.

-They were established in their jobs and knew better how to keep work and family life in balance. Younger men were so often trying to impress their boss that they forgot to take time to impress their girlfriend.

-Older men were more likely to value my intelligence, interests, and maturity rather than physical beauty. I was always put off when I felt men were only interested in my looks or it was the first thing they'd comment on. Sure, there has to attraction, but I'd rather someone be attracted to my mind, which will improve with age, rather than my body, which will get older, wrinklier, greyer with age.
PoliticallyInco:

Your choice depends on your priority at that time. And your priorities are informed by many factors including how you were raised, your personal experiences and how the society (custom,religion,etc.) influenced you.

For those who dont mind dating someone older, the question is are you ready to settle down with one partner or are you still trying out multiple? There is no right or wrong here.

Usually for platonic friendship women start with their mates, then for dating when women start out with some older guys. By the time they are ready to marry it will depend on their personal preferences and peer pressure. By instinct, a woman wants a strong virile man who is also wise and smart. Unfortunately wisdom usually (not every time) comes with age. So for marriage instinct is there. Which is get a man who is strong and wise/smart enough to cater for you and your offspring and to keep you alive. But reason kicks in based on experiences and societal pressures and influences. Some women reason/feel that the man should not be 2 to 3 years older so they can grow old together and have the potential of being lovers for longer. To them, living with this person for long overides the desire for a mature minded man. Some women however, feel/reason that they want an older man. One who is well established and can offer all the support they also need as they go through life.

It is however interesting to find that a major denominator is that ALL WOMEN WISH AND HOPE THAT THE MAN IS WEALTHY/COMFORTABLE AND HAS ACHIEVED MUCH, REGARDLESS OF THE AGE DIFFERENCES. Unlike men who usually do not view this as a must. So long story short is BE WISE/SMART, BE PHYSICALLY ATTRACTIVE AND BE COMFORTABLE. The age thing will most likely be reasoned by the woman as not a big factor.

For me, it wouldn't matter. For various reasons, I shall date a younger lady as long as she is within the age of consent. For instance in Nebraska I will comfortably date a 16 year old. I remember even in Hawaii. It isn't against the law. If I discover things I don't like, fancy or accept, I'll break up. And I will also date an older lady as long as she is physically attractive and active and if I see things I can't stand I'll call off the relationship as well. I was never influenced to consider age difference as a big factor. I was raised to consider the law and to not be hypocritical about my physical desires, needs and preferences.
Re: What About You, Do You Like Them Young Or Old? by IyaTola: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2022
Tasted both ends but MUST say the older the better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quitting My Good Paying Job For Marriage Abroad? / What These Men Are Doing Wrong During Kpobing / Twitter Gave Me The Love Of My Life - Nigerian Lady (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.