Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life (1504 Views)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Why Pastors Must Not Live In Extravagance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2011
When i was still a baby christian, i never fully understood what the scripture was saying in Psalm 75 >> For not from the east, nor from the west,
         Nor from the desert comes exaltation;

7 But God is the Judge;
         He puts down one and exalts another, about making it in life. As time passed by, i began to grab what it meant having read other relevant biblical verses especially Ecclesiastes 9:11.
l was able to understand that in life, there are often grave inequalities. Sometimes, the wicked prosper, while the righteous are impoverished. But not always. I also noted that becos mr A made in life as a christian doesnt Automatically guarantee that Mr B will have same experience. As Solomon observed, "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all" which means is not the amount of giving, tithing, fasting, praying, going to church, being 'over righteous' that determines success in life. Yoruba says 'kirakita kodola, kasise bi Erin ko da nkan kan. i.e ur struggles doesnt translate into success. l must saying it isnt right to do the above things tithing, giving, praying etc after all the bible says we should, fast, pray without ceasing, give etc but im saying that most MOG make pple believe, its not automatic translation to breakthrough in life or having an impact in life.
l've being able to establish above that God the creator of Heaven and heart owns the keys to blessings and does distribute same as he pleases. David was destined by God to be a king. left to jesse his father, he had preferences. Romans 9 taking a closer look at verses 10 to 16

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there
unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
The above clearly tells that God works according to his own purpose. Men dont set the terms in God's program. No one can speed up the fulfillment of His promises. God will show mercy as He chooses.
These MOGs (most) dont tell their congregation. so that they dont run away if they waited for blessings for too long?

2 Ecclesiastes 3 tells us that there is time for all things. Some of our MOG will make promises 'that tommorrow if u come this and that will happen' When it failed to happen, Some worshippers will term their shepherd as liars. its correct if some do as the shepherd failed to tell the sheep the truth about patience. "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall [in due time] lift you up" James 4:10. God�s Word does not say when He will do this promoting, this lifting up. Abraham waited faithfully for years, dying in faith like so many others. Many will have to wait until the resurrection for God to finally exalt them, to lift them up with a real promotion, but they arent told now what happens later?
Alh gbadeyanka(A very strong muslim) who owns MITV in Lagos recently told my Pastor that 'tell ur congregation that the church is not an ATM as pple erroneously believe that going to church will give them ' quick fix' l pray may open the eyes of believers if our pastors fail to tell the truth

1 Like

Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by KunleOshob(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2011
@toba
You are still a baby christian grin
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by UyiIredia(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2011
yes >>> unfortunately, people still see the church as an ATM machine and as an "all-my-enemies-shall-fall-down-and-die" stop shop
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by nuclearboy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 23, 2011
@Toba;

I thought you always supported MOGS. Wetin happen today? Its good sha that you are now seeing.

Question now is - do we keep quiet when they lie/change Gods Word or tell it as it is?

Is it them we serve or God? Is Christianity a cult or about Truth?
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by yommyuk: 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2011
Is it them we serve or God? Is Christianity a cult or about Truth?

hmmm food of thought eh cool

I will go for the latter sha wink
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by Azibalua(f): 10:12am On Jan 24, 2011
@poster
What exactly is your point,are you saying that God determines if we become successful or not in life ?
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
KunleOshob:

@toba
You are still a baby christian grin
What gives that impression?

Azibalua:

@poster
What exactly is your point,are you saying that God determines if we become successful or not in life ?
Yes
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by InesQor(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
He does as He wills.

He is God.

He will not be controlled by chants of "Money cometh" and "I command the Spirit of God"

Bless His Holy name smiley
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by petres007(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2011
InesQor:

He does as He wills.

He is God.

He will not be controlled by chants of "Money cometh" and "I command the Spirit of God"

Bless His Holy name smiley

A loud amen to that. smiley
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by God2man(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2011
God is not like a substance that you put inside a test tube, and say this is how you want the result to be. God is sovereign. He decides. He has the final say. Jesus said in this world we will have tribulation, and that we should rejoice, because he has overcome the world. Fasting,praying,giving are all good christian ways of provoking answers to our prayers, but God will eventually decide when the prayer will be answered. For the past 15 to 20yrs, i have discovered that, God answers prayers in a mysterious ways, some cases, you may not even aware that God has answered your prayer, until you start seeing the manifestation, in some cases, he may comfort you by the holyspirit in your dream or through his annointed servant that he has answered your prayers. The most important thing is to be patient and be consistence in your service for the Lord. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by Kay17: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
Zeus is almighty man not Jehovah
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
. . . . . . .
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
. . . . . . . .
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
. . . . . . . .
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by dsquare33: 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
God2man:
God is not like a substance that you put inside a test tube, and say this is how you want the result to be. God is sovereign. He decides. He has the final say. Jesus said in this world we will have tribulation, and that we should rejoice, because he has overcome the world. Fasting,praying,giving are all good christian ways of provoking answers to our prayers, but God will eventually decide when the prayer will be answered. For the past 15 to 20yrs, i have discovered that, God answers prayers in a mysterious ways, some cases, you may not even aware that God has answered your prayer, until you start seeing the manifestation, in some cases, he may comfort you by the holyspirit in your dream or through his annointed servant that he has answered your prayers. The most important thing is to be patient and be consistence in your service for the Lord. God bless you. God2man.
This is the meaning of FAITH which means you decide to follow and obey God whether He blesses you or not and this is the hall mark of spiritual growth in christianity. Hebrews 11 vs13 "these all dead in faith , not having recieved the promises but having seen them afar off,and were persuaded of them,and embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on earth. " Although, there are at times that prayers fasting and tithe do shake the hand of God when the discples ask Jesus why they could not cast out demons He told them these things cannot be done except by prayer and fasting. The case of Jabez comes to mind, but, all in all it is God who calls the shot not man which means He decides when to bless or not and at His own appointed time.That is why He is Supreme and the Almighty God.
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2015
. .
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by tpiander: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
. . . . . . .
Re: Truths Pastors Must Tell Their Congregation About Being Successful In Life by ayoku777(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
toba:
When i was still a baby christian, i never fully understood what the scripture was saying in Psalm 75 >> For not from the east, nor from the west,
         Nor from the desert comes exaltation;

7 But God is the Judge;
         He puts down one and exalts another, about making it in life. As time passed by, i began to grab what it meant having read other relevant biblical verses especially Ecclesiastes 9:11.
l was able to understand that in life, there are often grave inequalities. Sometimes, the wicked prosper, while the righteous are impoverished. But not always. I also noted that becos mr A made in life as a christian doesnt Automatically guarantee that Mr B will have same experience. As Solomon observed, "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all" which means is not the amount of giving, tithing, fasting, praying, going to church, being 'over righteous' that determines success in life. Yoruba says 'kirakita kodola, kasise bi Erin ko da nkan kan. i.e ur struggles doesnt translate into success. l must saying it isnt right to do the above things tithing, giving, praying etc after all the bible says we should, fast, pray without ceasing, give etc but im saying that most MOG make pple believe, its not automatic translation to breakthrough in life or having an impact in life.
l've being able to establish above that God the creator of Heaven and heart owns the keys to blessings and does distribute same as he pleases. David was destined by God to be a king. left to jesse his father, he had preferences. Romans 9 taking a closer look at verses 10 to 16

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
The above clearly tells that God works according to his own purpose. Men dont set the terms in God's program. No one can speed up the fulfillment of His promises. God will show mercy as He chooses.
These MOGs (most) dont tell their congregation. so that they dont run away if they waited for blessings for too long?

Word does not say when He will do this promoting, this lifting up. Abraham waited faithfully for years, dying in faith like so many others. Many will have to wait until the resurrection for God to finally exalt them, to lift them up with a real promotion, but they arent told now what happens later?
Alh gbadeyanka(A very strong muslim) who owns MITV in Lagos recently told my Pastor that 'tell ur congregation that the church is not an ATM as pple erroneously believe that going to church will give them ' quick fix' l pray may open the eyes of believers if our pastors fail to tell the truth

God does not go back on His promises in the name of sovereignty. He does not change His mind about His word arbitrarily in the guise of "I can do as I please."

God's word is His bond; He has magnified it above all His names (Psalm 138v2) and forever it is settled in heaven (Psalm 119v89). If God makes a promise in His word, He will not go back on it in the name of sovereignty.

Jesus said in

Matthew 6v33 -But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and ALL these things SHALL BE ADDED unto you.

He didn't say "SOME of these things shall be added"; or "All these things MAY be added". NO! He said "ALL these things SHALL be added".

That's His Word, and it is His bond (His oath). He will not go back on it in the name of sovereignty.

You can't go to Jesus and say, "Lord you said all these things will be added unto me", and Jesus will say, "I know I said that but I'm God and I can do as I please."

If Jesus can change His mind arbitrarily on the promise of prosperity to those who seek first His kingdom in the name of sovereignty; then He can change His mind arbitrarily on the promise of eternal life to those who believe in Him, in the name of sovereignty.

What you're saying then is that His promises are not a guarantee for us, because their fulfilment is still subject to His sovereingty. But that's wrong! His promises are ALWAYS a guarantee to us; if the willingness, faith and power conditions are met.

Jesus also said this;

Luke 18v29-30 -And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, who shall not receive manifold more in THIS PRESENT TIME, and in the world to come life everlasting.

Here; Jesus promised every man hundred fold in this present age in return for every single thing they ever turned their backs on in this world to follow Jesus and His kingdom.

Jesus will not go back on this promise in the name of sovereignty or under the pretext that "I can do as I please". His word is His oath and His promises are His pleasure.

The same reasons why believers still lack is the same reason why believers still fall sick; and its the same reason why believers still sin.
Believers are not bringing forth the glory of Christ that brings all good things; they are not demonstrating the power of God that manifests the promises.

The same way Jesus shed His blood for our sins, is the same way He bore stripes for our healing; and that is the same way He was made poor for our prosperity.

So if believers are not living right or walking in health and prosperity; it has nothing to do with the fact God does as He pleases; it is because we are not maximizing the full benefits of Christ's blood-bought redemption for us.

It is the Father's good pleasure to see every believer walking in everything His Son suffered and died to give us -Spirit-led living, health, prosperity, etc. He will not deny us what His Son paid for in the name of sovereignty.

It is up to us. We are the ones that will choose to be endued with the power of God and behold the glory of Christ that manifests the inheritance that is ours through Christ. Its not God or Jesus witholding it.

But I agree, we should preach less of prosperity, or even healing. We should teach believers how to know Christ and the power of His resurrection. We should disciple believers on how to behold and bring forth the glory of Christ. That is the key to becoming all we were redeemed to become and walk in.

Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Was Rich By Dr. Sign Fireman / Whom The Lord Bless, No One Can Curse / New Pope Francis Asks Jesuits To Pray, And Entrust Him To The Protection Of Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.