Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! (56124 Views)

President Tinubu Appoints Aderinsola Abiola As Senior Special Assistant / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet / Buhari’s Award Of GCFR To M.K.O Abiola Illegal — Ex-cjn Belgore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by nku5: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2020
RTSC:

They are everly ungrateful.

There is another thread right now in the politics section where they call igbos fools for voting obasanjo ahead of ojukwu.

They always want to control the narrative.

But they want to complain that we voted more for Tofa and our son Sylvester Ugoh over MKO/Kingibe grin grin chai. You see why buying land from omo onile is always a risk grin grin grin grin Too much wayo

Let me go and see the thread

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by osazuwa23: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2020
ipob members wont like this page at all grin
tomakint:
27 years ago on June 8, 1993, The Guadian Published my advertisement in support of the Abiola/Kingibe ticket for the June 12 election. The advert was a culmination of events starting from University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, The Guardian Newspapers and relationships that formed my worldview.

At UNEC, during my first semester, I started a Newsletter titled “The Mirror” of which I was the reporter, editor and publisher. The newsletter was stenciled, cyclostyled and pasted across hostel and departmental notice boards weekly. The Newsletter endorsed Emejulu Okpala for President SUG, he won. Our relationship started as we formed Eastern Youth Forum as our political arm to raise consciousness amongst the people of old Eastern Region.

In 1992, ASUU went on a long strike and to occupy my time and realize my desire for journalism, I went to Rutam House and requested to meet the Managing Director, Lade Bonuola. He obliged me, listened to me patiently as I made my pitch for a part time job as a reporter. He asked a few questions, and I believe, struck by my audacity offered me a job with transport allowance as the only remuneration. I accepted happily. Editor, Emeka Izeze, discussed with me briefly and sent me to work as reporter at the Business Desk. I arrived the following day and me Bisi Ojediran, Head of the Desk, his initial surprise that I was not a Mass Communication student on internship dissipated quickly as he gave me assignments immediately to edit a story. My life as reporter started.

My main target at The Guardian was to meet and acquaint myself with members of the Editorial Board. The Guardian at that time was the most influential newspaper in the country. Their famous editorial titled TO SAVE NIGERIA, rattled General Babangida and gingered the emerging opposition to military rule. The Guardian was a prestigious newspaper. Back to my presence at Rutam House.

I started with Edwin Madunagu, whose Thursday articles was a must read for me since secondary school days. Through him I met many members of the Nigeria radical left. I sought out Olatunji Dare, whose Matters Miscellaneous and Tuesday writings was a delight to read. He was mostly busy chairing the board. Okey Ikechukwu of the Ijele fame held sway every Wednesday, I thought of him as one of the most perceptive writer around. Reuben Abati, at the time the youngest member of the board, wrote in his literary form of interesting dialogue every Friday, a fitting end to the week. How can I forget Sina Odugbemi, who I spent endless hours with listening to his intense logic. His Monday articles was a wonderful way to start my week. The relationships i developed with some of the editorial board members opened new vistas in my worldview.

Through Edwin Madunagu, I met a number of members of radical left. I lived on the same route with Reuben, so most nights we went home together. I learnt a lot.

As June 12 election approached, the radical left and the media were united in working to get Gen. Babangida out. Abiola was not the best choice but getting IBB out was more important. We met regularly and on one occasion we met at Baba Omojola’s place and he requested that if the police should interrupt our meeting we should all claim members of Mourners Association in a meeting to mourn our departed. As the forces loyal to the government fought to use the Muslim/Muslim ticket to rally support for Tofa, who we believe was the government lackey, we decided it was time to get the people of south east and Christians to focus on a single enemy. This led to the advert paid for by my father, who was strongly in support of Abiola.

The advert caused problems amongst members of Eastern Youth Forum. Comrade Akhaine Odion and others encouraged me to stay the course.

In 1994, just before the anniversary of June 12, I met Chief Abiola through the Managing Director of The Concord, Mr Stanley Egbochukwu.....the story of the meeting and the link with Eastern Mandate Union, Arthur Nwankwo, Fred Eno, Kudirat Abiola and others will be discussed in a Facebook live video on June 12, 7pm West African Time.

Join me

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Sammy07: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2020
nku5:

I say use your brain shocked You uploading irrelevant election figures kindly tell us if its 6 or 7 Igbos that voted for MKO Abiola in the East? Lets not even mention the igbos in Lagos who voted for him. Do you know that while Olu Onagoruwa and Lateef Jakande were serving in Abacha's cabinet Chief Bobo Nwosisi's banking licence was revoked for supporting Abiola?

So you want to conveniently act ignorant of all the NADECO yoruba elders betrayal of MKO Abiola that even primary school kids can google? NADECO became so compromised that Chief Alex Ekwueme had to form the G17 to challenge Abacha? There is no shame in being ignorant just do some research and contribute when you are more informed wink

You refuse to do justice to my questions.

Anyways, let me that from the bottom.

Yes, Some NADECO members betrayed him, you said all NADECO members, which is wrong.
Cos you can't even mention them.

Lol, Igbos votes in Lagos.
But you didn't talk about Igbos voted in IMO, Enugu etc...

Anyways, Yorubas voted for Abiola in Lagos.

That's the official election results, it's not irrelevant.
Bring the relevant, if you have it.
To support someone is not given him 10% of votes.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Montaque(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Who is Osita Chidoka's father in law? The man is not married to Ojo Maduekwe's daughter as you were told.

LexngtonSteele:

He's an opportunist and an asslicker who rode off his father in law. It was a bit sickening to see how he was trying to ride off Nnamdi Kanu's popularity instead of trying to achieve something on his own.

I don't know why his people don't quickly see this.

I prefer people like Orji Kalu who are friends of all and a bit consistent. I even like Nnamdi Kanu who is his own man and doesn't go about licking other's butts, as directionless as he might be...

All politicians are thieves, so Orji Kalu is no different for those who would rush to abuse..
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by hizikin(f): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2020
smiley
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by nku5: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, do you know the meaning of support in an election? cheesy

So you are the one that created the definition of support? How many Igbos voted for MKO in the election despite our son being a VP candidate for the other side? Fear no gree you answer or what

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:06am On Jun 09, 2020
nku5:
I thought some riff-raff Tinubu touts are fond of saying Igbos didnt support Abiola grin grin grin

Nice one OP
Dundee, is this how you support

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Sammy07: 9:06am On Jun 09, 2020
nku5:

So you are the one that created the definition of support? How many Igbos voted for MKO in the election despite our son being a VP candidate for the other side? Fear no gree you answer or what

Lols.
It seems, I'll go with your definition.
That means, every states supportted Buhari.
Don't blame Yorubas alone.

Everyone supported atiku, don't take the glory to yourself alone

Everyone supported Jonathan, don't take the glory.

Everyone removed Jonathan from office, don't blame the Yorubas and North.

Okay?

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Jack500: 9:07am On Jun 09, 2020
LabDNA:
But yorubas now hate Osita chidoka.
I guess he now regrets that support.

Thank God MKO never made it to presidency.

Ndi yoruba bu ekwensu!

Any Igbo man that tries to sell me a yoruba presidential candidate will have his skull broken if no one is looking. I'll pieces his skull.

These people are ingrates.

To hell with your support. Ipob piglet
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Rotentik19: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Toosure70:
IBB destroy the Unity of this country.
No sir. The Igbos did. FACT !
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2020
LabDNA:

Ndi yoruba bu ekwensu!

Any Igbo man that tries to sell me a yoruba presidential candidate will have his skull broken if no one is looking. I'll pieces his skull.

Lol, yorubas do not need your vote Oga ade.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Sensiblerealist: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2020
I sure say this one never cross Niger Bridge. Sheybe you took census of the Yorubas that hat him. Even if One Nigeria is difficult to attain, it can never be possible with bigots like you

LabDNA:

Ndi yoruba bu ekwensu!

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Oracle20: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2020
LabDNA:

Ndi yoruba bu ekwensu!

You need to bury your head in shame. The Fulani's are occupying your villages, killing and raping your women. While your people are in Yoruba land going about their legitimate businesses making money peacefully. Yet your people have consistently supported a Fulani presidential candidate against the yoruba. The reason ojukwus family still have houses in Lagos today is because Yoruba's didn't take over the properties they left during the war. That didnt happen in any other part of the country. Even the houses in port Harcourt were seized from your people. But the Yoruba remain your problem. You see your level of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:15am On Jun 09, 2020
onyeogalu1:

Thanks for putting it better. This is my point besides the Tofar guy running mate is from the old eastern region. You don't expect his people not to vote for him.
Then keep shut when Yoruba vote for Buhari because of osibanjo. And stop being hypocrite.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
nku5:

Of course its not by force to support MKO Abiola. The question is did Igbos support him and the answer is yes. Did all Igbos support him? The answer is no. What I detest are the lies that these Tinubu touts tell
[/s]Support kee you.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, do you know the meaning of support in an election? cheesy

Stop trying to form posh, ain't a fan of tinubu.
I'm only a Pro Yoruba, which included all Yoruba people including tinubu cheesy

If you support someone, you have to support with wide gap.

Check the 2011 election results

1993 election results in the east shows the the margin between tofa and Abiola is less than 50 - 100k
He really doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Rotentik19: 9:21am On Jun 09, 2020
RTSC:

I think it's the same with the south west.

The only refined Yorubas you will find are in Lagos.

Leave Lagos and it's a different kettle of fish.

BTw, you are a hateful nutjob.
Says an irredeemable bigot, whose idea of a Yoruba man is limited to whatever poo his hateful & unrefined parents brought him up to believe. I'm very sure you don't know the way to Lagos. ANUOFIA !!!

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:21am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
nku5:

I say use your brain shocked You uploading irrelevant election figures kindly tell us if its 6 or 7 Igbos that voted for MKO Abiola in the East? Lets not even mention the igbos in Lagos who voted for him. Do you know that while Olu Onagoruwa and Lateef Jakande were serving in Abacha's cabinet Chief Bobo Nwosisi's banking licence was revoked for supporting Abiola?

So you want to conveniently act ignorant of all the NADECO yoruba elders betrayal of MKO Abiola that even primary school kids can google? NADECO became so compromised that Chief Alex Ekwueme had to form the G17 to challenge Abacha? There is no shame in being ignorant just do some research and contribute when you are more informed wink
[/s]
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:24am On Jun 09, 2020
RTSC:

Abiola was not Abraham Lincoln that should be voted for as a moral duty.

He had controversies. Major controversies bordering on religion and corruption.

I may not have voted for him if I was eligible to vote then.
And yet, he will still win. That shows your vote is irrelevant.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by nku5: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
[s][/s]Support kee you.

You must be a very intelligent person grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
layzie:

This results to me actually show states voting according to their conviction and not following some regional order to vote a particular candidate. A lot of northern states voted for Abiola as against Tofa a northerner. Anambra and majority of SS voted for Abiola as well. While Rivers and some other SE states voted for Tofa against a southerner.

That to me is what democracy and election should look like. Vote according to ur belief and not cos 'he is from our side'
Then why are they crying on Pmb votes, shouting how yorubas vote pmb. Want to know your view.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Gabkosh: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2020
nku5:

You must be a very intelligent person grin grin grin grin grin
Yes, and you must be a very intelligent person grin cheesy

Cos we know the truth.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by GodisFirst: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2020
1zynnvn:
yooo, im i the only one that noticed that computer sales advert,2mb RAM, 82mb HD grin grin.

Then what was in vogue was 3.5 Floppy Diskettes. You do your work and save immediately in the Floppy diskettes. If you are no lucky to have UPS, once NEPA goes off, your work is gone.
Things have evolved a lot since then.
I thank God for life. We will live to see and enjoy better things and better life.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2020
Nadaken:
lol which one is Republican by nature, or you meant conservative

What I mean we are free people....we vote who we want it doesn't matter if its an outsider against our own....provided we know the person can do better

We don't vote who they told us to vote....we love our political freedom, social freedom name any freedom that's what we crave for
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by DeeMain(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Did they?

Did you see the margin in each of the eastern states Tofa won? It was very close race considering that Abiola ran a Muslim-Muslim ticket and Tofa chose an Igbo man, Sylvester Ugoh, as running mate.

Many Igbos supported Abiola and wanted him to win. They gave him far above the 25% of votes he required in 3/4 of the states. Abiola won Anambra and had over 45% in most of the Igbo states.

With all the rumour back then surrounding Abiola and the bible...

That's solid support from the east bro. In fact without the Sylvester Ugoh influence, Abiola would have won everywhere in the east hands down.

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by onyeogalu1(m): 9:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
Then keep shut when Yoruba vote for Buhari because of osibanjo. And stop being hypocrite.

Maybe you should take out time to go through my conversation with the guy maybe you understand my view. I don't engage in political discuss in nairaland because of the way you just responded to my view. You have the right to you view but can you try not to sound abusive. Because once you start using some word on people the point you intend to make in that conversation will be lost.
Have a great day.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Ewedegubbler: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Did they?

How did kano catapult from 350k voters to 5 million in under 20 years. this one bad oooo
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Mightyhaiz: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2020
e save gom ya,.. maka future reference
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by cosef: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
Lol, yorubas do not need your vote Oga ade.

We know, that's why we are voting the North if you guys get the APC ticket.

Afterall yoruba cannot win by failing scandalously in the south against a northerner, the SE and SS have no reason to vote yorubas in 2023.
Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by Rotentik19: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Then, why do you say you support the west?
I've you ever supported the west in anything

If you want to know the meaning of support (in election terms), check the results of 1993 & 1999 and of Awolowo.
See the margin between the two parties in the west.

Even the Fulanis that killed you guys, you keep supporting them.
Yet, we are your problem cheesy
Exactly ! More than any other tribe in Nigeria, the Ibos have suffered from Fulani brutality. Yet they love their oppressors more than their friends. Right from the days of Nnamdi Azikiwe up until now, the Igbo would rather die asslicking the fulani than cooperate with the rest of the south. Their mentality is that: if we cannot have everything to ourselves and have every other tribe under our feet, then let the Fulani continue to rule. Shameless lot !

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Support For M.K.O Abiola As A Student In 1993! by cosef: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2020
Jack500:

To hell with your support. Ipob piglet

No yoruba man has ever been president with yoruba votes. History is not on your side.

Every yorubaman voted by yorubas failed to be president.

Awo, MKO, Falae are all reference case. Tinubu or osinbade will join the list in 2023.

#FACT

sebi u guys know how to insult the Old East. We are waiting for you in 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / People Feared Dead At Buhari’s Rally In Jalingo, Taraba State. Photos / President Tinubu Gives Macron's Wife A Peck (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.