Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,954 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:34 PM

Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name (3117 Views)

The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / Narcissistic Personality Disorder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2020
I have this personality I just discovered a year back.
I don't know the name of the personality, it makes people perceive me wrongly, and I never knew all these years until I studied myself and learnt about it.
I often do not do things averagely, its either I perfectly do things or don't at all.
I would have called it a perfectionist, but the definition of perfectionist is quite different from me.
For instance, its either I clean sparklingly clean and have it always clean or I leave it dirty
Its either I draw perfectly well, or I don't.

Its like I pursue just perfection in almost everything and when I can't, I neglect.

I remember when I was in sec school, I would so much care for my objects or I leave it to rot.
I used to wash my calculator whenever it has a stain, and when it got spoilt, I was given another one and I allowed it to rot because it was not even fine the first place.

In university, I would do my assignment in a perfect way, I was never zero in that. I would overdo to the extent I know how.
During examination/test, I would over read, for instance, let's say there's a topic now that we just glanced over, that those that really owned it is in another department, I would go to that departmental library to read a whole textbook on it, meanwhile having a lot of my own course still left to read, doing this would make people wonder and think maybe my department is the most difficult in the whole university
I'm a graphic artist, I would want to draw things perfectly, and whenever its my own personal job, I would end up wasting my time

I also sew cloths, that one is the worst,as I would correct to the last extremely insignificant error. It may just be a missed stitch, I could loose a whole cloth because of a meaningless error. Many atimes people would tell me to leave it, I might have left it but in the middle of the night, I might take the cloth and be wondering if I should leave the error, and later, I would secretly loose the cloth, correct it and resew.

The only thing that saves me if I do not know how to be perfect in a task,as in if I could not identify an error, then I would make it to the perfect way I know how to.

The problem is that it makes people perceive me wrongly, that is, people describe me in two opposite ways. For instance, Mr A, who knew me being super clean would describe me as a super clean person, and Mr B would describe me in an opposite way. Some people would say I'm not friendly or I do not talk, meanwhile some would say I'm a talkative
Some would say I'm very dull while some others would say I'm very active and energetic, and when these two people meet and they see themselves describing me differently, they would start asking me funny questions of why.
For instance, I was a completely two different persons during undergraduate and Masters. The master was the real me, the undergraduate was because I was not fortunate to meet or be with people I would want to converse with and thus, I became extremely quiet,and was in seclusion most times, but during Masters, I did my Masters in University of Ibadan, I met many great young intelligent people, every minute with them is like being in HEAVEN for me,and we would discuss in a lengthy way

Please if you know the name of my personalty disorder, kindly let me know so I can google it, and please help me with tips on how I can cope or solve this problem. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 8:48am On Jun 09, 2020
I think its wrong to seek perfection, but I'm gradually learning how to do things averagely
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Oluromantic: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2020
You're melancholic sis. And yes you have a perfectionist tendency. You shd also hope to find a man with easy will as companion. Else, the clashes will always ring

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by LordIsaac(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2020
I think it's OCD.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Denique(f): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2020
This is so me but not the aspect of washing a calculator sha cheesy

Are you an August born?

As much as I don't believe entirely in zodiac signs, there's still some truth in it.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by LadySarah: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2020
That's OCD
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by jansonn(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Ocd , at least, the personality will pay in times like this when handwashing is a ritual.
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by louken(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2020
Washing a calculator grin. This is a whole new level of perfectionism. My own no reach that level
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by dedeorji(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2020
You are having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Most people with this disorder also tends to be bipolar as well; they are socially reclusive as a result of their perception of others not meeting up to their expectations and usually see people with carefree attitude as being irksome.
I wouldn't bore you with long stories, check up the behavioral pattern on google and see how to manage it so you don't always run into avoidable quarrels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Uyi168: 9:22am On Jun 09, 2020
ModestGal:
I think its wrong to seek perfection, but I'm gradually learning how to do things averagely
Thought the Bible said, 'be ye perfect'!
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by FlordFlorez(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
U must be a difficult person to cope with. It's likely OCD as others have pointed out.
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Haywhymido(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2020
Denique:

Are you an August born?

As much as I don't believe entirely in zodiac signs, there's still some truth in it.
lol, august born yea. i av same traits as the op but not as extreme. 100 percent or nothing team

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Mindlog: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2020
Haywhymido:
lol, august born yea. i av same traits as the op but not as extreme. 100 percent or nothing team

Unfortunately, 100 percent or nothing (black and white thinking) is not a healthy pattern.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2020
Denique:

Are you an August born?

Lol, me too ma'am, I hate all those zodiac signs whatever, I do not even stay where people discuss such irrelevancies. Its usually a coincidence when it matches with personality, its unreasonable and not scientific. How can a child that is supposed to be born in a date then because of some medical emergencies was born in another date fit in those signs. All those things does not make sense to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 11:05am On Jun 09, 2020
LordIsaac:
I think it's OCD.
Yes, I think so as well since I studied psychology quite long ago but later forgot it

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2020
jansonn:
Ocd , at least, the personality will pay in times like this when handwashing is a ritual.
Yes, it was paying until I travelled to a place where some people were lackadaisical towards hand washing and other things. I would wash all the handles every minute till I stop since people were frustrating my efforts
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ieemmanuel(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2020
You see that assignment of a thing it's so me..
I will do my own and add like 5 persons own to it, I will still not be satisfied..I would tear it and start all over again, My project o Lord that's the worst, I almost had migraine i just want everything to be perfect without any correction even down to the refference/citations...But my supervisor still show me hell come and see red inks on my work as if m a primary school child learning how to write ABCD grin grin grin..all those lecturers back then just have this overinflated ego and want you too know they are better than you,
My dear you are a perfectionist nothing wrong with that it would take you places trust me...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 11:38am On Jun 09, 2020
ieemmanuel:
You see that assignment of a thing it's so me..
I will do my own and add like 5 persons own to it, I will still not be satisfied..I would tear it and start all over again, My project o Lord that's the worst, I almost had migraine i just want everything to be perfect without any correction even down to the refference/citations...But my supervisor still show me hell come and see red inks on my work as if m a primary school child learning how to write ABCD grin grin grin..all those lecturers back then just have this overinflated ego and want you too know they are better than you,
My dear you are a perfectionist nothing wrong with that it would take you places trust me...
Lol, that's so funny, amen, thank you sir
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by jansonn(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2020
ModestGal:

Yes, it was paying until I travelled to a place where some people were lackadaisical towards hand washing and other things. I would wash all the handles every minute till I stop since people were frustrating my efforts
Yeah, all ocd persons face that!! Always !! Had one roommate like that. I knew I frustrated that guy shaa grin
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2020
jansonn:

Yeah, all ocd persons face that!! Always !! Had one roommate like that. I knew I frustrated that guy shaa grin
But OCD people do not stop the repetition stuff na. They always clean and clean despite frustrated.
But I noticed that I'm very foresighted, and I hate to be harsh or talk loudly or get angry with people, so when I frustrated, I just keep quiet and accept them like that/take my mind off it.
But I think OCD people would always be repeating it no matter how they are frustrated

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by jansonn(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2020
ModestGal:

But OCD people do not stop the repetition stuff na. They always clean and clean despite frustrated.
But I noticed that I'm very foresighted, and I hate to be harsh or talk loudly or get angry with people, so when I frustrated, I just keep quiet and accept them like that/take my mind off it.
But I think OCD people would always be repeating it no matter how they are frustrated
Well, there always exceptions to any whole, I guess you're one!! Or maybe there's another name for what you have...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Haywhymido(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mindlog:

Unfortunately, 100 percent or nothing (black and white thinking) is not a healthy pattern.
lol, it's true to some extent
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by wunmi590(m): 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
Denique:

Are you an August born?

Lol at August born, I'm August born also, and I'm a perfectionist, but I don't do it extreme, and I married a perfectionist wife also.

Once you do things to the extreme, you will constantly have problems in your home, because your own perfection might not fit in to the standard of your spouse.

I just do what's suits me and do what suits other, mostly when I'm giving an assignment at work, I do what they want perfectly.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by OYENIYIJK: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
washing calculator gat me grin grin
Nothing is wrong with you in as much as you can sleep after taken any action. It is well.
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Lukaku95: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mtcheeeew.. just say you want to brag.. personality disorder awon gang
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lukaku95:
Mtcheeeew.. just say you want to brag.. personality disorder awon gang
Bros, una don vex?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Twenty8: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
ModestGal:
I have this personality I just discovered a year back.
I don't know the name of the personality, it makes people perceive me wrongly, and I never knew all these years until I studied myself and learnt about it.
I often do not do things averagely, its either I perfectly do things or don't at all.
I would have called it a perfectionist, but the definition of perfectionist is quite different from me.
For instance, its either I clean sparklingly clean and have it always clean or I leave it dirty
Its either I draw perfectly well, or I don't.

Its like I pursue just perfection in almost everything and when I can't, I neglect.

I remember when I was in sec school, I would so much care for my objects or I leave it to rot.
I used to wash my calculator whenever it has a stain, and when it got spoilt, I was given another one and I allowed it to rot because it was not even fine the first place.

In university, I would do my assignment in a perfect way, I was never zero in that. I would overdo to the extent I know how.
During examination/test, I would over read, for instance, let's say there's a topic now that we just glanced over, that those that really own it is another department, I would go to that departmental library to read a whole textbook on it.
I'm a graphic artist, I would want to draw things perfectly, and whenever its my own personal job, I would end up wasting my time because I would draw and draw

I also sew cloths, that one is the worst,as I would correct to the last extremely insignificant error. It may just be a missed stitch, I could loose a whole cloth because of a meaningless error. Many atimes people would tell me to leave it, I might have left it but in the middle of the night, I might take the cloth and be wondering if I should leave the error, and later, I would secretly loose the cloth, correct it and resew.

The only thing that saves me if I do not know how to be perfect in a task,as in if I could not identify an error, then I would make it to the perfect way I know how to.

The problem is that it makes people perceive me wrongly, that is, people describe me in two opposite ways. For instance, Mr A, who knew me being super clean would describe me as a super clean person, and Mr B would describe me in an opposite way. Some people would say I'm not friendly or I do not talk, meanwhile some would say I'm a talkative
Some would say I'm very dull while some others would say I'm very active and energetic, and when these two people meet and they see themselves describing me differently, they would start asking me funny questions of why.
For instance, I was a completely two different persons during undergraduate and Masters. The master was the real me, the undergraduate was because I was not fortunate to meet or be with people I would want to converse with and thus, I became extremely quiet,and was in seclusion most times, but during Masters, I did my Masters in University of Ibadan, I met many great young intelligent people, every minute with them is like being in HEAVEN for me,and we would discuss in a lengthy way

please, can you tell me how I can learn graphic design?
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kindly help with any tip. I just googled OCD, I don't think I fit in
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by gowonmaharajah(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol,perfect description of who I am
August born too
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by Nopanties: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
This one dey use style do advert... ode oponu!
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

Lol,perfect description of who I am
August born too
Really!
Re: Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name by ModestGal(f): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
FlordFlorez:
U must be a difficult person to cope with. It's likely OCD as others have pointed out.
I don't see myself as a difficult person and people who are closed do not refer to me as difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Is A Year Older- Happy Birthday Love! Please Drop Your Birthday Wishes / Mouth Action In Marriage. Is It Proper? / Some Of The Funniest Reasons Kids Cry ….LOL! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.