Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,390 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? (13848 Views)

Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 10:01am On Oct 31, 2023
I just watched a clip that inspired this post.

Imagine this scenario.......

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?

38 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by ahnie: 10:03am On Oct 31, 2023
I just loved sitting on the fence reading comments.
Tallesty shift yansh make I siddon.

Clarion calls to awon adugbo....make una come comment oh.
Oti zeh.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Fahvvy: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2023
This scenario you just described accurately tells the story of how most women are undecided...

And it's so unfortunate that men realize this way too late undecided...

Men listen!
Your respect in the eyes of 99% of "your beloved wives" is tied to your ability to provide, lose this ability and watch your "loving wife" become your worst night mare undecided...

The truth about the average woman is that, They are incapable of loving a man GENUINELY undecided...

If there's nothing to gain from you, be it time and attention or resources, then they have no business with you, talk more of respecting you undecided...

@OP...
I won't quit the marriage undecided...
She may have been a bad wife, but if she's been a good mother, then there's no way I'm depriving my kids of their mum undecided...

But one thing is for certain, from that day onwards we'll only be roommates at best undecided...

162 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Puss360(f): 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lol... For a woman to behave as such to the man that shows she married the man mostly because of his money...
Tides turn... And she shows her true colour....
And things later got better...
The man should divorce the woman on a basis of loveless marriage...
Coz if that marriage continue then the envy and coldness from each of them can kill one of them...

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2023
ahnie:
I just loved sitting on the fence reading comments.
Tallesty shift yansh make I siddon.

Clarior calls to awon adugbo....make una come comment oh.
Enough space dey bench

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
Fahvvy:
This scenario you just described accurately tells the story of how most women are undecided...

And it's so unfortunate that men realize this way too late undecided...

Men listen!
Your respect in the eyes of 99% of "your beloved wives" is tied to your ability to provide, lose this ability and watch your "loving wife" become your worst night mare undecided...

The truth about the average woman is that, They are incapable of loving a man GENUINELY undecided...

If there's nothing to gain from you, be it time and attention or resources, then they have no business with you, talk more of respecting you undecided...

@OP...
I won't quit the marriage undecided...
She may have been a bad wife, but if she's been a good mother, then there's no way I'm depriving my kids of their mum undecided...

But one thing is for certain, from that day onwards we'll only be roommates at best undecided...
This is solid. Nice one

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Coolsat(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2023
As for me I'll pay her back by marrying a second wife and enjoy my life.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Tallesty1(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
Puss360:
Lol... For a woman to behave as such to the man that shows she married the man mostly because of his money...
Coz if that marriage continue then the envy and coldness from each of them can kill one of them...
I'd like to share a story with you. I enjoy stories, as they are often what older folks excel at. 😄

My church hosts a program from time to time; it's an all-night event where singles of marriageable age and selected married individuals come together to discuss various aspects of marriage.

On one occasion, a topic was brought up, and women were discussing at length how they could love a man and do everything right, yet things don't always work out. As people began giving reasons for such situations, I was given the microphone, and I suggested, "Perhaps you should consider respecting them instead of just loving them. If what you're doing isn't working, why not try something different?" This led to a lively debate, which I won't go into, but one woman took it personally, and we had this conversation.

Woman: Are you married?

Me: No, ma'am.

Woman: I've been married for years, and I can emphatically tell you that love is what has held us together from day one. We've been through a lot and come out stronger because of love. You're not married, so you may not know enough to form an opinion on this issue.

The women in the audience applauded her.

Me: That's beautiful, ma'am. When did you meet your husband?

Woman: A few months after school; I was staying with my uncle and waiting for my service year.

Me: Was he a student too?

Woman: No, he was already in business and doing fairly well.

Me: How long did you two date?

Woman: Just a few months. He made it clear that he was looking for a wife, but we didn't get married until after my service year.

Me: That's wonderful. Now, let's imagine a scenario where your roles are reversed. You are a successful businesswoman, and you meet a young man fresh out of school with no job and no NYSC certificate yet, and he proposes marriage. Would you have married him as quickly as he married you? Please, be honest; we are in a church.

Woman: What are you trying to say? That I married him because of money or something? I love my husband, he knows it, he sees it, and he feels it. He's here and can speak for himself.

Me: Thank you, ma'am, for being honest with me.

I summarized the conversation, which was quite lengthy and filled with drama, but I believe you can still grasp the main point from this excerpt. 😄

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by oluwaseyi0: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
yet this women will be shout the loudest that they stay with the man when he has nothing

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by sofeo(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
Be loving supporting and understanding.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by vastolord4(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Stay clear
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Mom007(f): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Humm...
Well, your write up says it all. You said in there somewhere that..." your wife is back to the woman you married ". That sir, is the woman you married. A materialistic slay queen whom you probably lured into marriage with money and lots of assets. Don't expect a sudden change because the tables turned. You guys should learn to make better choices when it comes to marriage and stop disturbing us with these SOB stories.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Zooposki(f): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

I want to know, will you still go back to loving her like before, as if the past two years' experience never happened, or are you going to quit?

1 Like

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by wittywriter: 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Puss360:
oluwaseyi0:
yet this women will be shout the loudest that they stay with the man when he has nothing
Coolsat:

Wittyness

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Pandev(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
angry
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by mrblessed(m): 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
Just give him or her money, more money and see the change in attitude improves significantly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Aklee4994(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:
Enough space dey bench
😂😂Na she want stretch body
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by NuCypher: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
That's the sad reality of a couple of marriages out there. The solution is to look before you leap. Make sure the person doesn't have that kind of behaviour before you marry them. But if you do end up in that situation, then I don't know what to say. The best solution is to probably walk away because this kind of woman na gbege.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by qtguru(m): 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tallesty1:

Imagine this scenario.......

You are married to a beautiful woman, and you have like three kids. It is a beautiful family, really.

You have a nice house, a good ride, beautiful children, always selfie-ready wife, and salary alerts keep coming. Then life happens, and you start losing things until nothing is left. No salary, no more savings, and you're officially wiped out by poverty.

Your wife has something she does for a living, makes her own money, and does whatever it is that women do with money. You never cared because you were doing okay, but now the tides have turned.

Naturally, you expect her to provide support while you work harder to regain your footing. But what you are getting from her is something you never knew she was capable of: insults upon insults, disrespect, and all. This lasts for a year or two.

Then, fortune smiles on you again and you get back on your feet. As usual, there is money now, and your wife is the woman you married at first. She is loving again, respectful, and caring.

No I'd probarbly checkout emotionally, I don't know how to deal with people like that, so it might change things,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Eau01: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
Coolsat:

You just said what's in my mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Cruise777: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
cool
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by CHIOMAEZEH: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
Omo....every case has its own uniqueness and peculiarities.....when it got to my own turn ...I send these my goons to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E

She ran and never looked back .....ibam now in a better place!!!
Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Ishilove: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
She didn't change. She simply showed her true character

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by nawa4naija(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
Bro once you are in the trap called marriage,

You shouldn't let little things that you should have known before now divide your home.

What you should do is this: Involve your wife in the family financial responsibility since she makes income too, so that you can also make investments as the bread winner, from your story, every damn expenses is on you, that's way too bad, if you go broke 100 times, that woman will disrespect you 100 times

My own cent

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
How did the man handle his own loss and misfortunes?

Most men struggle to remain the loving, responsible, cheerful and peaceful men they were when they experience setbacks. Most men's mental stability is attached to their ability to provide and spend. How do they react when things don't go the way they want.?

I believe this narrative of women changing when things go sour should be checked. It is far from reality! It is an exaggeration also. There are women who stand by their husbands . At least "your mothers" did that. And when women change was it really due to lack of funds or the inability of both husband and wife to manage themselves.

You all want women to support and also care for an overgrown harsh baby who refused to grow up and work towards overcoming his challenges. Abeg!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Drone95(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
A woman's money belongs to her alone while a man money belongs to him& the wife angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Gentlechika(m): 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hmmmm, I'll never see her the same way I used to. It'll be two strangers loving in a room.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Wizpa(m): 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Dish out exactly what she dishes to you

If she starves you of her attention, starve her too
If she demands money from you, demand money from her too
If she prefers older men, prefer older women

Men!!! You are the Prize... don't be deceived!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Do unto others what you'll have them do unto you. ..

To me, he/she has shown his/ her true color hence should be treated accordingly. Simple!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wives: Would You Submit Your Paychecks To Your Husbands? / 11-Yr-Old Girl Saves Family From Fire / What Are Your Views On Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.