Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? (356 Views)

The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder / How Would You Handle A Partner's Drastic Personality Change During Hard Times? / Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by toon64545: 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
Those battling borderline personality disorder may struggle with intense mood swings and feel uncertainty about their self image and identity. Their feelings for others too can change quickly, and swing like a pendulum from extreme closeness to extreme dislike. These changing feelings can lead to unstable relationships and emotional pain.

People with borderline personality disorder also tend to view things in extremes, such as all good or all bad. Their interests and values can change quickly, and they may act impulsively or recklessly.

Other signs or symptoms may include:

Efforts to avoid real or perceived abandonment, such as plunging headfirst into relationships—or ending them just as quickly.

A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones.

A distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self.

Impulsive and often dangerous behaviors, such as spending sprees, unsafe sex, substance misuse, reckless driving, and binge eating.
However, if these behaviors happen mostly during times of elevated mood or energy, they may be symptoms of a mood disorder and not borderline personality disorder.

Self-harming behavior, such as cutting.
Recurring thoughts of suicidal behaviors or threats.

Intense and highly variable moods, with episodes lasting from a few hours to a few days.

Chronic feelings of emptiness.

Inappropriate, intense anger or problems controlling anger.

Feelings of dissociation, such as feeling cut off from oneself, observing oneself from outside one’s body, or feelings of unreality.

Not everyone with borderline personality disorder will experience all of these symptoms. The severity, frequency, and duration of symptoms depend on the person and their illness.

People with borderline personality disorder have a significantly higher rate of self-harming and suicidal behavior than the general population.
Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by Pacesetter2021: 1:35am On Nov 09, 2023
Not in anyway to undermine the severity of this illment but from how I am looking at it, a demon is responsible for this affliction/oppression.

There is a man I watched his videos about demons on YouTube. He is called Derek Prince.

He gave insight on how these demons afflict people and alter their behaviour. These signs you mentioned reminds me of what he said in one of his videos.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

The permanent solution to this illness is to get delivered from the demon responsible for those behavioral patterns.

Luke4:18
The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

1 Like

Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by crystalmoon(m): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
Not in anyway to undermine the severity of this illment but from how I am looking at it, a demon is responsible for this affliction/oppression.

There is a man I watched his videos about demons on YouTube. He is called Derek Prince.

He gave insight on how these demons afflict people and alter their behaviour. These signs you mentioned reminds me of what he said in one of his videos.

The permanent solution to this illness is to get delivered from the demon responsible for those behavioral patterns.

The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,
Una don start again
Churchians and excuses 5&6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by toon64545: 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pacesetter2021:

Thanks for your contribution but let me educate you a little. I once thought like you before the diagnosis and there is a proof to back that. It all started when I was ten, when I left my parents for the first time to the boarding house.

My anatomy and physiology getting exposed to a very harsh environment at that tender age brought about all of these. Research more about adolescence and you would understand me better.

And the reason I stayed too long in the psychological prison was because of ignorance. My parents (mother especially) being a prayer warrior was trying to fight a psychological battle with a spiritual force.

Just like you having severely injured and bleeding foot and you are trying to say prayers for that bleeding to stop, you see that's stupidity. Since the days biblical literature started, there had been Doctors(Luke for example).

The Bible stated in Genesis 2 that a man has three parts(Body, Soul and Spirit) and the more you understand that portion of the scripture, the better it is for you in life. What I'm struggling with is a pure psychological thing that needed psychological intervention.

We prayed and fasted over the years but how come I started seeing improvement when I approached it the right way? I understand that the fall of Man ushered in several problems in the world but not all these problems will be solved by prayers and deliverance only.

The right pole would only fit in the right hole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by toon64545: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2023
crystalmoon:
Una don start again
Churchians and excuses 5&6

grin
Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by Blackmoran(m): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2023
I dated someone with this disorder.... I thought I met my soulmate and my unicorn....
Not until the red flag started showing...
Stage one.... I started noticing are mood swings. In one second she will be mad at you without any basis, and the next second she will lovebun you. You would be thinking is she ok....
Stage 2..she is so possessive, at first you will think is ok...not until she will take it to the extreme.... This babe actually trace me to my work.... Asking my colleague stupid questions...
Stage 3..she started showing suicidal threat... That what break the Camel back... She has been threatening me with doing something stupid but i use to take it as a pinch of salt... Until we had a argument. I left her indoor to get my sanity back. On coming back I started
Smelling blood saw her cutting her palm with blade I have to rusth to stop her....
The following day after she went to work I have to change my locks pack everything that belongs to her to her friend place..
I don't want to be in the news for how a man stab is wife or how a wife stab is husband....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Signs And Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder? by toon64545: 3:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
Blackmoran:
I dated someone with this disorder.... I thought I met my soulmate and my unicorn....
Not until the red flag started showing...
Stage one.... I started noticing are mood swings. In one second she will be mad at you without any basis, and the next second she will lovebun you. You would be thinking is she ok....
Stage 2..she is so possessive, at first you will think is ok...not until she will take it to the extreme.... This babe actually trace me to my work.... Asking my colleague stupid questions...
Stage 3..she started showing suicidal threat... That what break the Camel back... She has been threatening me with doing something stupid but i use to take it as a pinch of salt... Until we had a argument. I left her indoor to get my sanity back. On coming back I started
Smelling blood saw her cutting her palm with blade I have to rusth to stop her....
The following day after she went to work I have to change my locks pack everything that belongs to her to her friend place..
I don't want to be in the news for how a man stab is wife or how a wife stab is husband....

Wow.....has she been diagnosed at that time?

If no, then she must have done all of those things ignorantly(impulsively)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Lady Learns Her Hubby Is Marrying Her Friend 2 Days To Their Wedding (vid) / When A Woman Play Hard To Get They Fall In The Hands Of Players / Wishing You Merry Xmas And Happy New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.