Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? (34050 Views)

Whose Duty Is It? The Landlord Or The Tenants? / Landlord Or Landlady, Which Of These Do You Prefer To Rent Their Houses?? / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Onyekachi419(f): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Me stay house wey landlady or landlord dey stay shocked
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
J
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Diijerr:
When it comes to minding ones business my landlord has first class
Lol then you are lucky
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by seborrhic: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dpsychologist:
What is your worst Experience With A landlord/landlady?

My undergraduate days was one of the times that i had worst Experience With Landlords. I happen to have worst Experiences with 2 Landlords:

First Landlord
While i got admission into higher institution, i rented an Apartment close to school, my dad followed me inorder to know where i stay. In the process, he met my Landlord. They talked for a while and he collected my dad's number. The Man was jovial little did i know there will be a problem.

There was a time our light got spoiled he told me that since I am using gas I should help him and boil water, I obliged. From that day the man wants to exploit me. He came back the next day that he wanted me to give him stew if i have, i gave him. He came back two days that i should give him groundnut oil that's when i realized he wants to use my niceness to exploit me. Since then i promised myself not to give him things anyhow. He still came back after 5days that i should help him with raw pepper i told him it is finished then he asked me of matches i told him it has also finished. That was the last time he asked me for something.

About two weeks later my dad sent me money and then told me to give some part of the money to the landlord. I wanted to ask my dad why, but i just allowed it slide and gave him. As time goes on i observed he is also trying to exploit my dad. The next time my dad sent money to me he told me to give the Landlord again i corner the money. I later told my dad not to give that guy money again he is trying to exploit us.

One year after i left the Apartment he send message to my dad containing his account number that my dad should send him money.

Second Landlord
In 400L I was a roommate to my coursemate (my roommate stayed there a year earlier). The Landlord warmly welcomed me. The man was very nice, so i thought, he even told us that as student when we need something we should just ask them, let there be harmony. I never knew i will face alot of anger.

It first started when the Landlord borrowed my knife and hasn't returned it for two days i asked my roommate if he sees the knife he told me he will talk to Landlord. Later he came and told me that the knife was missing that while the Landlord was making cake he couldn’t find the knife. I was disappointed but let it slide.

Few days later when we came back from lectures he told us that he took some of our sweet potatoes and ate because he was hungry, i was ok with it.

It started getting anoying when our Landlord turned our room as if it was his. He will just open the door and enter into our room without knocking and start demanding for something, the one that anoys me most is toothpaste. It became too much that we had to hide our toothpaste from him.

During semester break we went home but i forgot something very important so i came back the next day only for me to see that our room was opened and my travelling bag and that of my roommate opened he came rushing to me that let him apologize that he took my vaseline. I told him no problem. When we resumed that's when i realised my sponge, hairbrush and perfume were missing.

I became very angry, felt like strangling him. I asked of the Landlord, his wife told me he has gotten back to school i was very pissed off i told her what he has been doing, she said that's how he use to do that when we went to semester break that he slept in our room, that on behalf of him she is saying sorry that i should take heart.
You seem to be meeting hungry landlords.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Fheelzz(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
while in sch she came destroyed my padlock and put hers on it grin
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
restore8:
In my 100l my experience with my landlord was a terrible one. It was a self contained apartment. There was no toilet in the house but he lied to my dad about it.

I decided to adapt to this situation without telling my parents at home. Since I was new, my dad decided that I should be going to their church- Deeper Life. I couldn't and that was were the problem started. My landlord started to see me as a sinner because I was going to CASOR.

A friend of mine got admission and he wanted us to leave that place. That was when I began to hate religion. This man started saying bad words about me. He did his best to destroy my reputation but God was so faithful.

Although, all these challenges made me become a better person, but there were still some painful lessons learnt. Because of him I stopped being religious and decided to seek God for myself.

I hate religion!
What do u mean by CASOR
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by BuhariEXPlAINED: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
ikemesit4477:
My own happen during my year one, though the man I rented the room from wasn't the direct landlord, he rented 3 bedroom flat, then he allocated one room to his brother, so when he was short of cash, he told his brother to look for someone he can share the room with! And I was looking for a roommate, along the line my cousin inform me about the accomodation so I ask her to go and check since she was in school! She did and told me the place is OK! after every arrangement I transfer the money to her and she make the payment! Fast forward to the day I park in, with my luggage and food items, I met the guy I will be staying with, he is also a student! He show me round the house, to the restroom, bathroom, kitchen! and i drop my bag, and I went to school, could you believed when I came back, the landlady, not the real landlady came into our room open my bag, the one that contain food stuff, inspect everything I brought, then remove my rice, onions, and prepare jollof rice! when I came back, I saw her bringing food, that she remove my rice and cook, these is my own share! Somebody I never meet before from Adam, I was shock! But I didn't have the boldness to confront her! When my roommate came back I reported to him, he pleaded that I should let it go! Since that day I started locking my bag when am out!
wait! what!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Homeboiy: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
My landlord is a pyscho

My landlady is a drunk

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
seborrhic:
You seem to be meeting hungry landlords.
Hahhaha I Tell you.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Jaspaman: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Here for the comments though

Anyways what am about to offer is for only people who have nothing going for them. I will share you how you can make lots of money doing this. Check my signature and mail me if you're interested and i will share with you

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by money121(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ok
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Trutherme: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
grin
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by HoliMaree: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Honestly tenants are wicked. There's one that went away owing N800000 to the landlady plus she paid N200K for judgement and police. Some tenants are damn wicked, living for free in people's houses.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Homeboiy:
My landlord is a pyscho
My landlady is a drunk

Lol tell me about it
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by tonididdy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
em non I can remember...

except experiences with wicked caretakers, if that counts..
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Fheelzz:
while in sch she came destroyed my padlock and put hers on it grin
Lol she doesn’t want you to enter the room.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by abmethod: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Skipping Post On Sex Talk and Be Forming Holy Holy Won't Bring Back Your Virginity...Hope You Know? ��Game Wey Don Cut Don Cut� be wise.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
tonididdy:
em non I can remember...

except experiences with wicked caretakers, if that counts..
Lets here that also
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
We landlords aren't that bad. It's you Tennant's that have horrible attitudes.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by jericco1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
I still dey owe my landlord like 30k, nigga na my paddy undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Dpsychologist: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
HoliMaree:
Honestly tenants are wicked. There's one that went away owing N800000 to the landlady plus she paid N200K for judgement and police. Some tenants are damn wicked, living for free in people's houses.
We will come to that later
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Ghostrye: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
nairaland and spacebookers are like 5&6
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by paix(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
LuQuLuQu:
All landlords/ladies are shylocks... That's just my summation
You are not even sincere to yourself.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Fheelzz(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
it was because she got informed a guy stayed with me for sometime sha
Dpsychologist:
Lol she doesn’t want you to enter the room.
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Ipromote: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
One landlady wanted to know everything I was doing. Even the color of my boxers!!

See siggy
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lol at OP. Why are you always attracting landlords that like using your personal property tongue undecided
Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by paix(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Homeboiy:
My landlord is a pyscho

My landlady is a drunk

And the tenants are drug addicts, abi?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by damyslim(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Can’t forget the day I bleeped my land-lady mehn that wan sweet for back and front. Can’t wait to see her again once am done with my nysc service

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Jacqueline22(f): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
HoliMaree:
Same thing I wanted to say
Some tenants are evil and very annoying.
Can’t even share my experience with them

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by HoliMaree: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dpsychologist:

We will come to that later

Please do, it's a serious issue. I was speaking with a lawyer recently and these are the experiences he was telling me about and I know these co-landlords/landlady. Another one's tenant left after not paying for two years and the man also had to spend N200K to get him out.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Fransisco911(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
My friend came to my house just to use my toilet My landlady started shouting I brought my friend to fill her house soakaway with shit. She even said you know how much dem take dey park shit u dis boy?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
ikemesit4477:
My own happen during my year one, though the man I rented the room from wasn't the direct landlord, he rented 3 bedroom flat, then he allocated one room to his brother, so when he was short of cash, he told his brother to look for someone he can share the room with! And I was looking for a roommate, along the line my cousin inform me about the accomodation so I ask her to go and check since she was in school! She did and told me the place is OK! after every arrangement I transfer the money to her and she make the payment! Fast forward to the day I park in, with my luggage and food items, I met the guy I will be staying with, he is also a student! He show me round the house, to the restroom, bathroom, kitchen! and i drop my bag, and I went to school, could you believed when I came back, the landlady, not the real landlady came into our room open my bag, the one that contain food stuff, inspect everything I brought, then remove my rice, onions, and prepare jollof rice! when I came back, I saw her bringing food, that she remove my rice and cook, these is my own share! Somebody I never meet before from Adam, I was shock! But I didn't have the boldness to confront her! When my roommate came back I reported to him, he pleaded that I should let it go! Since that day I started locking my bag when am out!
lmao. Una don start today again grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Building A (12 Flats) Mini Estate In Enugu / Building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos; Four Confirmed Dead / Cost Of 4 Flats Of 2 Bedroom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.