Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? (869 Views)

Should I pill It Out Or Respect The Code Of Conduct Of Nursing / Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2020
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

On one hand, one lady who is all nice and sweet, puts all her emotions into the rship, but her attitude, intellect needs some work. You are ready to help build her, educate her but you fear you might not respect that much. Her dream is a loving husband.

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her marriage.

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by opera1(m): 11:10am On Jun 09, 2020
LOVE COVERETH ALL THINGS.

If u love ur wife/husband, you will Respect, Tolerate, truthful and be faithful to him/her.

"For without Love, ye can do nothing" .
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by jawalis(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Forget Marriage these days. It’s overhyped. It’s just necessary in our society. Btw: Torie8 which of the following will keep you?
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Vyzz: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2020
grin
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2020
opera1:
LOVE COVERETH ALL THINGS.

So will you agree, it's OK if a man loves his wife deeply, but cures his intellectual needs, or even one time sexual urges with another woman.

Reason - he love his wife, but she can't give him these needs, and he doesn't respect her enough to not ho outside for these stimulations.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Gentle0wavez: 11:33am On Jun 09, 2020
Both love and respect is not even enough.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by engrtee(f): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2020
with love comes respect
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by missimelda01(f): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
How can you even love someone when you don't respect them undecided

It's either lust or infatuation.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Blackmoran(m): 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
Respect is the key, the word love is just a chemical reaction .....
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Phenomenal16(f): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
The bible said a man should love his wife
Woman respect n submit to ur husband

1 Like

Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Stephenmoka4(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Love beat respect anytime.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
missimelda01:
How can you even love someone when you don't respect them undecided

It's either lust or infatuation.

It's possible.
But you can love your brother or sister, but their way of life would cause you not to respect them. You would love them dearly, but wish they could change.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Love beat respect anytime.

How so? Can you explain more.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Petyprincess(f): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Money
Money
Money

2 Likes

Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by IamNotATroll: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Non... when 2 people find long lasting happiness it's not because they love each other but, because they're good people."

1 Like

Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
johnrix:

How so? Can you explain more.
If you love someone, I don't think you will disrespect them by doing things that disturbs their emotional being. With love, one would not willingly do what will provoke the other.

1 Like

Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by IamNotATroll: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Blackmoran:
Respect is the key, the word love is just a chemical reaction .....

Lol... chemical kwa
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Torie8(f): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2020
jawalis:
Forget Marriage these days. It’s overhyped. It’s just necessary in our society. Btw: Torie8 which of the following will keep you?
Well I think the two go together, you can't respect someone you don't love.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
Torie8:

I think you can. Example, though I know this is not a romantic relationship, but you can deeply respect your friend/person but not love them.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by johnrix: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Seems majority consensus is this:

MEN WANT RESPECT.

WOMEN WANT LOVE.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by snitchbitch: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nigerian ladies don't love or respect anymore, they only want your money and that all.

The more money in your bank account the more the love and respect she will have for you.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by jawalis(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Torie8:

That’s not always true you know
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Torie8(f): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
johnrix:

I think you can. Example, though I know this is not a romantic relationship, but you can deeply respect your friend/person but not love them.
Pardon me but before you call someone your friend either romantic or just platonic friendship love must be there.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Torie8(f): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
jawalis:

That’s not always true you know
You respect someone because you care and you don't want to hurt them.
Tell me what that means to you?
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by jawalis(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
Torie8:
You respect someone because you care and you don't want to hurt them.
Tell me what that means to you?
Honestly respecting someone doesn’t mean I care about them. Personally I do respect people for different reasons. E.g. I may respect someone and let her be on her own just because I don’t want to do anything with her. That doesn’t mean I care but rather am just trying to avoid sh!t. Again I may chose to respect Anyone probably because of what they have done to me. Etc. I may not respect you and at the same time I do not want you hurt. It’s two way thing.
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by Torie8(f): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
jawalis:

Honestly respecting someone doesn’t mean I care about them. Personally I do respect people for different reasons. E.g. I may respect someone and let her be on her own just because I don’t want to do anything with her. That doesn’t mean I care but rather am just trying to avoid sh!t. Again I may chose to respect Anyone probably because of what they have done to me. Etc. I may not respect you and at the same time I do not want you hurt. It’s two way thing.
But before you think of respecting someone,something must have crossed your mind
Re: Love Or Respect? Which Keeps A Marriage Together? by jawalis(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Torie8:

But before you think of respecting someone,something must have crossed your mind
I listed two of them above. Lots of things might pushed me to respect anyone. One of them is when am avoiding any firm of interaction. I’ll be forced to respect such individual.

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2020: Erica And Kiddwaya Caught Having Sex (video) / Don't Marry Her If This Happens / Nairalander Launches A Program On Youtube That Can Feature nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.