Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? (32441 Views)

What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / What Keeps A Woman In Marriage? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by javaRookie: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
I think love wins this inet.
Why? You will respect who you love.
Simple.

Are you looking for a professional and eye catching book cover that can grab the attention of amazon buyers in 3 seconds? Look no further! You will get a professional cover design for any niche of choice. WhatsApp o.8.o27.57268 eight

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nephilim: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Topsic70: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
both are important and cannot be separated.

there is no way someone will claim to love you if he/she does not respect you

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by lwise(m): 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
LOVE + RESPECT + GOOD SEX

In addition both of you should see each other as good friends.

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Difficult to respect someone you dont love

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by DropsMic(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by olatunji390(m): 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Friendship
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by BlowYourMind: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love is a complete package

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by chaloskyx: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
LOVE RESPECT & MONEY DONT FORGET TO PUT THAT IN THE EQUATION
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Money keeps a marriage together since 1900
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Godi25(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both cos what the man need is RESPECT while what the woman needs is LOVE...

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Actuarydeji(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Respect. If any woman is not ready to be submissive and respectful to her hubby, please kindly tell such lady to stay away from marriage.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by adedayourt(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
More than that though love and respect are also important

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Openbusiness: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Respect is what keeps a marriage together. Love just makes it interesting. Without respect, a marriage will crash. Wives must respect their husbands.
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Nope, it's the other way round,

Husband love your wife
Wife submit to husband

Love comes before submission, and when these two are present, respect comes naturally.

non of them should come first

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Softhands(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
That woman was still in her LovePeddler phase when you married her... so she still feels she's worth more out there than being with an empty you.
johnrix:

How will you suggest handling a woman you know can leave you at any time. She is more concerned about her status. In fact the word is not comprising on her respect. You as a man can go to blazes if you disrespect her... The type you can come home, without warning, meet an empty house..
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by michlins(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
People in love are unbalanced and most likely going to spin around.

You see those with mutual respect, they are stable and can last

2 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by mkoabiola: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both love and respect

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by yrex01(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love is the last thing to consider when u ready to settle down.

5 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by seanwilliam(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
What sustain marriage are
1. Money
2. Good dicking
3.redpism..

Each of the point above has components... I dont have strength to type

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Respect
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by PacoRamani: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Big breasts and Trust

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by asahnwaKC: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Africa marriage is mostly kids that keep them together...no love..no respect. Nothing undecided

6 Likes

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by praiseneo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Love begat respect automatically
But respect doesn't begat love

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by SmartchildTutor: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Theoretically: Love and respect.
A woman needs love.
A man needs respect.

Practically: I'll tell you when I get married. Don't forget to remind me.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by FlordFlorez(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
The two are so important.

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Hezmatosky: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
In marriage, everything is involve. If u apply one method today and didn't work out, try another one tomorrow. That's marriage. Contingency Theory is the method wink
Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Homaprince2(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Both is essential If you love her you'll respect her... That's just it

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by Obemube35(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
it's love because in love there's respect!

1 Like

Re: What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? by IgboGirlsFucker: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
johnrix:
Married men in the house, which do you see keeps your marriage - love for your wife or Respect for her?

On one hand, one lady who is all nice and sweet, puts all her emotions into the rship, but her attitude, intellect needs some work. You are ready to help build her, educate her but you fear you might not respect that much. Her dream is a loving husband.

On the other hand, another lady, is not the loving/romantic type type, a little cold, but she is responsible and smart. You respect her a lot, but it looks, you will both have to grow the love. She'll have the tendency, say any disrespect, I'm packing my bags instead of working things out. Her primary focus is to be respected in her marriage.

Lastly, what do you ladies want? I hear some women say love, some say respect, some say both. It varies based on those who believe strongly in love vs those who don't want disrespect from their husbands. But one thing is sure, most women deep down want one over the other.
Both

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Ritualist Batters Wife In Ibadan, Oyo Over Refusal To Comply (graphic) / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / Man Who Refused To Marry His Wife In Court For 9 Years, Now Begs To Wed Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.