Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US (57335 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Gerrard59(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
sunshineV:

blacks cannot be racist. this is not sarcasm. Racism is not what black people do

So what do you classify when black people discriminate towards other racial groups based on skin colour?

1 Like

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by sunshineV(f): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Gerrard59:

So what do you classify when black people discriminate towards other racial groups based on skin colour?
blacks don't discriminate
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by code4280: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Gerrard59(m): 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
Someone7:
Waiting for some idiots to come and condemn him and other blacks for protesting.
Slave mentality. You expect everyone to sit and suffer in silence like you

Well, nowhere do black lives matter most other than in its dominant environment - Sub-Saharan Africa.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Gerrard59(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
sunshineV:
blacks don't discriminate

This is a lie. Black people are humans and humans discriminate against each other. People discriminate when they believe or think they have a greater power than the discriminated group. This happened when Nigerians discriminated against Chinese people in Nigeria and vice versa. What makes you think that blacks don't discriminate is because black people don't have the economic power to do so. Even in its dominant environment - Sub-Saharan Africa -, it's not conspicuous because those who they would have discriminated against have superior economic power than them.

1 Like

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Kingpele(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=Hollusilva28 post=90481690] But the idiot can't do that in Nigeria. we were all doomed in Nigeria at the hands of these idiot politicians [u alone is doomed
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by stanliwise(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Free the man now?

Isn't he a Nigerian American?

Yes, he can choose from either Countries to protest in.
you nor well aswear
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by dejavuh0007(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
sunshineV:

blacks cant be racist
u sure say u know the meaning of racism like this?

2 Likes

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by musa234(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Diijerr:
He is stupid out of all the issues he can protest in naija
Why insult someone who's old enough to father you. Have some respect young lady. You will grow old one day
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by salford1: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
Bluntemperor:

So he is Mr Common Man in USA and a Senator in Nigeria.No wander the Politicians in that State are big indeed.!
The Nigerian Constitution is faulty by design and by claiming two countries and i her resources! at the same time.
In the US, he is just another blackman, and he knows this.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by winj3: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Photo op? looks like small crowd beside his garden
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by salford1: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
Gerrard59:

Well, nowhere do black lives matter most other than in its dominant environment - Sub-Saharan Africa.
Yes. Black lives matter in Africa too but, Africans need to fight their own battle, just as African Americans are fighting their own battles.

In the 1600 to 1800. They were not allowed to read and write and were treated as properties and beast of burden to be used on plantations.

In the 1800-1900, they could not attend university or college. They were placed in segregated communities. This type of protest by a Blackman would surely lead to mass execution and lynching.

In the mid 1950's the police would shoot them and unleash German Shepards dogs on them while protesting.

Now in the 2000s, some of the police would even go to shake hands, hug them and support their protest.

Their quality of life and standard of living has greatly increased and still increasing. You can see that they are making progress. The protest is working as it should. They refuse to sit down and do nothing. Murray Bruce schooled in the USA and enjoyed the outcome and benefits of the freedoms black Americans fought for, so he is joining them in protesting for even a better life for his own kids and grandkids.

The protest also chased away oppression by apartheid in South Africa. Imagine if South Africans were not proactive, they would still be under the feet of the whitemen.

In Nigeria, the new slave masters are the politicians. In Nigeria, Murray Bruce was an oppressor, but in oyinbo land, he is just another blackman. He is an oppressed individual; hence, he needs to protests.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Ten06(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
His common sense has now reloaded
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Gerrard59(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
salford1:

Yes. Black lives matter in Africa too but, Africans need to fight their own battle, just as African Americans are fighting their own battles.

In the 1600 to 1800. They were not allowed to read and write and were treated as properties and beast of burden to be used on plantations.

In the 1800-1900, they could not attend university or college. They were placed in segregated communities. This type of protest by a Blackman would surely lead to mass execution and lynching.

In the mid 1950's the police would shoot them and unleash German Shepards dogs on them while protesting.

Now in the 2000s, some of the police would even go to shake hands, hug them and support their protest.

Their quality of life and standard of living has greatly increased and still increasing. You can see that they are making progress. The protest is working as it should. They refuse to sit down and do nothing. Murray Bruce schooled in the USA and enjoyed the outcome and benefits of the freedoms black Americans fought for, so he is joining them in protesting for even a better life for his own kids and grandkids.

The protest also chased away oppression by apartheid in South Africa. Imagine if South Africans were not proactive, they would still be under the feet of the whitemen.

I have read the history just as you outlined them and yes, they deserve to fight as they have continously being doing over centuries. However, my post applies to global protests I see regarding the BLM movement especially in parts of Asia. Surprisingly, it's only black people's lives that are being affected by racial discrimination that necessitates such outrage. The intriguing question is how come the race is being targeted for racial discrimination across the world unlike other races and what can be done to alleviate the situation.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by wink2015(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
BEN MURRAY BRUCE IS STILL TRAPPED IN THE UNITED STATES.

Convid 19 is preventing him from returning back to Nigeria.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
kgr8mike:

He is looking like Obama somehow
haha
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Passionate1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
I think say na Bruce Willis.

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by maldino: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is no more common sense...when we experience extra judicial killings here in Nigeria almost everyday..
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
I love ben
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Beautyaddy: 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
stanliwise:
you nor well aswear

I know you're not well as you claim.

And I repeat, free the man. Go out in your own Country to protest too.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
princeade86:
What they can't do in their father land to better Nigerians life. #Nigerianslifematter# #Nigeriansdeservegoodgovernment#

U like hashtag??

Aw about I build it
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Resees: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
I hope he get tear gassed or pepper sprayed stupid cunt.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by colestephan86: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Balenciagaokey:
Benedict Murray-Bruce, OON is a Nigerian business magnate and politician.
He is the founder of Silverbird Group. A member of the People's Democratic Party. He was elected into the Nigerian senate in March 2015 where he represented Bayelsa East constituency, in Bayelsa State, Nigeria.

The former senator, joined the protesters this morning against racism and police brutality in the USA.

He tagged it "#BlackLivesMatter"

Credit: Ben Bruce (Instagram).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBL4lELH2bY/?igshid=zqzk4beii01k
That's the problem with these senators, they come and loot and then run to their second country.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Longman8: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
His words will be like this, BLACKS ALL OVER THE WORLD HAD SUFFERED THE MINACLES OF SLAVERY COUPLED WITH THE DISCRIMINATION OF HUMANITY.WE ARE HUMAN AND NOT ANIMALS THEREFORE BLACK LIFE SHOULD BE RESPECTED AND CHERISHED.THANK U.My name is Ben Murray Bruce i just want to make COMMON SENSE.lolzzzzzzzzzz
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by bigiyaro(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
after you don come chop money clean mouth, run go back Yankee.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Beautyaddy: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
salford1:

In Nigeria, the new slave masters are the politicians. In Nigeria, Murray Bruce was an oppressor, but in oyinbo land, he is just another blackman. He is an oppressed individual; hence, he needs to protests.

If Nigerians in Nigeria cannot all go out into the streets to protest against this highlighted statement but choose to only focus and critique on what is going on in other Countries then what do we call such Nigerians now embarassed
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
abobote:
Our common sense senator looking very fresh, we miss you. I nearly forget that today is my birthday, if not first bank that reminded me with their text. pls show some love
Happy birthday my dear friend

1 Like

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by salford1: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Gerrard59:

I have read the history just as you outlined them and yes, they deserve to fight as they have continously being doing over centuries. However, my post applies to global protests I see regarding the BLM movement especially in parts of Asia. Surprisingly, it's only black people's lives that are being affected by racial discrimination that necessitates such outrage. The intriguing question is how come the race is being targeted for racial discrimination across the world unlike other races and what can be done to alleviate the situation.
Global protest because their cries were loud enough. If a protest is loud enough, the world would listen. Apartheid in South Africa is a very good example. People were protesting all over the world for the injustice going on in South Africa. Even Black Americans were empathetic with them as they were going through a similar system of oppression. The whole world stood for South Africa till apartheid was cancelled. Same is going on with the BLM movements all around the world. No one or country would jump in to support if the people being oppressed themselves are doing nothing.

Blacks are not only the race that is being targeted. The Germans were more horrible in world war 2 but the US and other would powers never dropped a bomb on Berlin, but it was very okay for them to drop a bomb on Hiroshima. The Japs to them were lesser humans even though it was the German that were gasing people, sterilizing and doing all abhorrent things.

Yes. Blacks are being discriminated but discrimination get levels. Facts: an African American or black British will be accorded more respect by an European than a Nigerian. You wonder why it's Nigerians that the Chinese are treating like garbage in China and not the Black American or Black British. Even South African blacks get treated better outside Africa compared to a Nigerian.

When you develop your own country, stand up to oppressors, find ways of enriching your own environment, things will start changing. The Indians and Chinese were once doormats to Americans, British and Canadians. They developed their countries, fought their oppressors, started making progress and the world started respecting them.

2 Likes

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by salford1: 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

If Nigerians in Nigeria cannot all go out into the streets to protest against this highlighted statement but choose to only focus and critique on what is going on in other Countries then what do we call such Nigerians now embarassed
In Hongkong, they protested till the world listened, now the British government is offering them citizenship.

That aside, to be fair, I remember the 1993 protests that helped get rid of IBB, I remember all the "how many people soldier go kill" chants on onipanu in Lagos back then. I was just getting close to my teenage years back then. The leaves on cars to show solidarity, the strikes by trade groups and unions.

The country was brought to a standstill and IBB knew his time was up, but that was a different generation, that was a generation of brave Nigerians. Todays generation will rather watch BBN while being oppressed. After BBN, they would remember that they are still being oppressed and still do nothing about it grin

As per the riots, Murray Bruce is not dumb. He understands these things perfectly. He is black in America, his kids and grandkids are black in America. He knows to enjoy an even higher quality of life and standard of living, he needs to support human rights movements like BLM. It's common sense grin

I remember when I used to travel on Nigerian passport through European airports, that is a story for another day. Na that time I know say there are Blacks and their are blacks grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Craigbrown4076: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Someone7:

His wife suffered and died of cancer. Is it unnecessary and CLASSLESS to bring her into this. Do you know he has dual citizenship? He was entitled to fly out when the US flew her citizens out. What's your point?

If a dual citizenship is what he has, then it's understandable.
Re: 'Black Lives Matter': Ben Murray-Bruce Joins The Protest Against Racism In US by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
sunshineV:

blacks cant be racist
so blacks don't count?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu To Proceed On First Medical Trip To France - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / Olisa Metuh Organizes Kuje Prison Football Competition (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.