Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times (35909 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / Satellite TV Company, TSTV Looses Office Due To Debt. / TSTV Africa Loses Abuja Head Office Due To Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by fabby6122: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Same thing with Startimes in Abuja as well, they have lost their office too.. Competing with DSTV is like competing with Nigeria government... They'll suffocate you.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Petersamuel8(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Which kind thing be this? I for once I thought something good is coming our way
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2020
lawrenzooo:
One thing I know for sure one day an indigenous digital TV station would rise and displace DSTV.

when the government go stop collecting bribe

which is never
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by livebyday(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90503656:

How and why should they keep what they do to themselves please?
It is never a crime to "make noise" about what you do or your company.
That is called : ADVERTISEMENT .
Coca-cola "make noise' every time also,
so do Pepsi, and other Big corporations,
but they have been around forever.!

It is sad that things do not work out for them.
We need a reliable indigenous cable TV in our darling country.

But with all these thieves, called politicians having a sizeable shares in all the South African firms since 1999 till now, make it happen?!
Question for the day!

This is a 100% wholly owned Nigeria Pay TV company.
When are we going to start patronizing our own?

Another Question for the day!

Since I joined this forum you have successfully made me detest the word "darling"

You use it so arbitrarily and without any class whatsoever .

Can't you just comment like a normal person sometimes?

We all love Nigeria but because you type this way sometimes you make me feel nauseated just reading your comments .

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Duru009(m): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2020
It's really unfortunate that Nigeria are stocked with DSTV....

In South Africa thy have about 5 strong cable companies. DSTV is not even among the top 4 in that country.....

Thy have killed the following on Nigeria !
HiTV
TSTV
DarSAT

Too bad for this country.......

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Okoroawusa: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Una sorry o!

That is business for you
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by BotherMleeper(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2020
DSTV didn't do jack to TSTV. The company was founded on lies and non-existent technology.

7 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by lawrenzooo: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

when the government go stop collecting bribe
which is never
A man would rise someday and for one reason or the other would refuse their bribe.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by BestNaija(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2020
Do TSTV still exist? Their decoders like I heard are only being used for some free to air stuff

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Kaxmytex(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2020
dstv nack am correct juju.

On a more serious note, nigeria government no dey protect indigenous investors, tstv should have known diz, they came, no backings and they got boxed out even in round one..

Potential indeginious investors, get a foreigner even if na illiterate, let he/she be the face of ur investment, wait and see wetin go happen..

Nigeria is just a shithole full of tribalistic bigot
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 10, 2020
neyorlmogzy:
They had a good business plan, but the government shut them down. DStv is a dubious and greedy company, unfortunately they bribe our Rulers to look the other way, while the masses suffer. No country pays more to DStv than Nigeria, even in Ghana their premium subscription when converted to Naira is less than 6k.

1.A simple check online shows that DSTV's premium package in Ghana costs 330 cedis...which is about N22,004.70 (TWENTY TWO thousand naira).
Packages range from 35 cedis to 330 cedis. And that's a drop in prices by the way.(See here)

2.TSTV had a bad business plan

a) They promised interent with decoders, which was not possible.
b)Poor after sales service (like HiTV)
C)They pirated BeIN TV's Premier League.signals and tried to show them in Nigeria.(Illegal as DSTV holds the sole right to broadcast premier league games in Nigeria)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2020
Neddstark:

Its not about tribalism. Na dem dem. If na Okoro get Globacom, them for don sell am by now.
Globacom is owned by IBB and Atiku
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by freethinker420(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2020
TBH I thought they were dead already because I haven't seen anyone own this Decoder.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by edoairways: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Whobedatte:
FG should have come through for this guys
DSTV monopoly is really affecting us here .
Before it was HITV , now another one gone down
Nawaooo
There is no monopoly

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Jabioro: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90503656:

but they have been around forever.!

But with all these thieves, called politicians having a sizeable shares in all the South African firms since 1999 till now, make it happen?!
Question for the day!

Another Question for the day!
It seems you do not understood his message..Coke was on before you and I were born.. before they started making noise they have gone far..even in India where they were rejected, replace with Limca..Show the world what you have built do not shown the world what you are yet to build..Keep to yourself until you get there.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by sizer07: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Dstv is are one of the mafioso behind the death of this TSTV company. They are after all pay Tv satellites in Nigeria just to insure the monopolies the market. They are shorting down all CTL offices who are there biggest rivals in the south south with the collaboration of Nigerian govt,some state law makers using SSS and police. CTL are the only indigenous pay TV that shows all the 5 top leagues in the world all FA cups and all carlin cup of all the top 5 leagues and all champion league games along with ABG satellite. The owner of ABG is a northerner from KANO, a cronies of the cabal in the seat of power which is why ABG is waxing stronger in the northern part of the country and cannot be brought down by Dstv.its competing side by side with Dstv in abuja and most northern States . In the case of CTL he is an igbo man. Benin,port stations have been short down, reason is they are showing Dstv programs,Z word and telemondo, two most useless TV series as far as guys are consign no offense to our ladies . All there sport channels are Arab commentaries with the exception of few which are broadcast in English mostly weekends . There movie channels,mbc2,mbc action, etc. A very robust satellite Tv service ,affordable as low as 3k monthly subscriptions 7k for 3 month .Dstv with black belle short them down. This country is a mess. Our leaders,law makers are only after what them and there cronies families can benefit, if not tell me why a foreign company, south Africa zanophobic vagabonds will be playing gods in Nigeria by frustrating and shorting down indigenous sat Tv companies with the help of the same law markers.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Renegade23: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2020
Why are you guys blaming them.....they were just creating awareness on their product....

NIGERIA failed them....DSTV shouldn't be thriving here.. we keep underestimating the power of media...
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Keemsleek005(m): 7:51am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90503656:

but they have been around forever!

Question of the day!

Another Question of the day!

Sad reality!

Have you forgotten Dstv is owned by a nigerian. Who's fault is it? How many nigerians are buying the stuff and they blaming government.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:

But we could have supported them, give them the needed encouragement even at that. After all, you don't throw away the bad water with the baby
how do you support a criminal. Only way to compete with dstv is to outbid them or partner with them. Tstv is even lucky they were not fined heavily by bein tv

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Tupaq: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2020
This is very sad.

DSTV over to you....continue to milk Nigerians dry
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by edoairways: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2020
BotherMleeper:
DSTV didn't do jack to TSTV. The company was founded in lies and non-existent technology.

Dstv has a hand bro. You need to see how their staffs reacted on this platform years back
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Billionsmith: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2020
I was actually excited when I read about TSTV at a first. They had promising dreams but couldn't include them in their action plan to make Nigerian key to it. It is very unfortunate that they died as they came.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by MissBoss01(f): 7:56am On Jun 10, 2020
I'm still hoping they find a way to compete with dis yeye ,....over billing.... Boring DSTV
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Angelfrost(m): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2020
I'm not surprised!!!... After what befell HiTv, the barely breathing DaarSat, I knew TSTV was a mere pipe dream!!!

A nation that can't encourage itself and its people to grow, but will choose to open massive doors to foreign exploiters will perpetually remain third world!!!
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:01am On Jun 10, 2020
sizer07:
Dstv is are one of the mafioso behind the death of this TSTV company. They are after all pay Tv satellites in Nigeria just to insure the monopolies the market. They are shorting down all CTL offices who are there biggest rivals in the south south with the collaboration of Nigerian govt,some state law makers using SSS and police. CTL are the only indigenous pay TV that shows all the 5 top leagues in the world all FA cups and all carlin cup of all the top 5 leagues and all champion league games along with ABG satellite. The owner of ABG is a northerner from KANO, a cronies of the cabal in the seat of power which is why ABG is waxing stronger in the northern part of the country and cannot be brought down by Dstv.its competing side by side with Dstv in abuja and most northern States . In the case of CTL he is an igbo man. Benin,port stations have been short down, reason is they are showing Dstv programs,Z word and telemondo, two most useless TV series as far as guys are consign. All there sport channels are Arab commentaries with the exception of few which are broadcast in English mostly weekends . There movie channels,mbc2,mbc action, etc. A very robust satellite Tv service ,affordable as low as 3k monthly subscriptions 7k for 3 month .Dstv with black belle short them down. This country is a mess. Our leaders,law makers are only after what them and there cronies families can benefit, if not tell me why a foreign company, south Africa zanophobic vagabonds will be playing gods in Nigeria by frustrating and shorting down indigenous sat Tv companies with the help of the same law markers.
The even appointed Igbo man as their CEO, they lobby all government in power, it will be hard for us to progress in this country, I remember few years ago when South Africans protested against Walmart to invest in their country, here in Nigeria the useless government go about begging foreigners to come instead to encourage and protect the indigenous firms

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by ntyce(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Nigeria failed TSTV. A serious nation would never allow a foreign entity operating within its borders bully an indigenous company. That was what DSTV did to TSTV.

The support the government claimed was given to TSTV was never ironclad.
Don't say what you don't know.
Should the govt have supported a firm who intend to steal rights from a middle eastern broadcaster?
Was it the govt that made them lie to Nigerians that they were going to supply internet ready decoders?

4 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by peeps4u: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2020
Whobedatte:
FG should have come through for this guys
DSTV monopoly is really affecting us here .
Before it was HITV , now another one gone down
Nawaooo

What more should FG have done?

They gave them 3 years tax free. Lai Mohammed even attended their launching.

They failed because they couldn't afford to buy those tv rights they had thought they would air illegally.

Do you know beIN sports flagged them down for airing its contents illegally?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by maasoap(m): 8:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Olalan:
TSTV is a classic example of keeping your plans to yourself........they made so much noise and their competitors silenced them

Bullshiit
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Angelfrost:
I'm not surprised!!!... After what befell HiTv, the barely breathing DaarSat, I knew TSTV was a mere pipe dream!!!

A nation that can't encourage itself and its people to grow, but will choose to open massive doors to foreign exploiters will perpetually remain third world!!!

Startimes is doing well enough.

The problem is, if you want to compete with foreigners, you have to up your game.

Take HiTV. They got premier league rights, Champions league rights, and then sat down. Other channels on their bouquet were very weak, watery, And the thing is, Nigerians don't get cable for football alone.As a result, they could not get enough of a subscriber base to make enough profits.

TSTV....came and started pirating BeIN tv channels, plus they made promsies they could not keep, and they had poor service in many areas.

Sometimes, government isn't always to blame. Unless you want government to dash them money....which once it starts, it will never stop.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Angelfrost(m): 8:03am On Jun 10, 2020
MissBoss01:
I'm still hoping they find a way to compete with dis yeye ,....over billing.... Boring DSTV

They know exactly what to do, but they will rather maintain this status quo cos it favours them personally.

Dstv actually made me grow an aversion for watching TV... If not for wife and kids, I would have stopped subscribing for years... Football watching can be online or viewing centers.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by ntyce(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90505181:

The even appointed Igbo man as their CEO, they lobby all government in power, it will be hard for us to progress in this country, I remember few years ago when South Africans protested against Walmart to invest in their country, here in Nigeria the useless government go about begging foreigners to come instead to encourage and protect the indigenous firms

See nobody is killing anybody.....
Hitv some years back got the license for the EPL from DStv, how?
They simply outbidded DStv...
If tstv wants to show the EPL that should bid higher than DStv.
The rights is sold by UK broadcasters and not Nigerians and they are after their money.
They shouldn't however make the mistake hitv made by using bank loans to finance such.
It is a long term investment, return won't come until after the 5th or 6th year.
Dstv is now reaping from the billions they invested years ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by maasoap(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Nigeria failed TSTV. A serious nation would never allow a foreign entity operating within its borders bully an indigenous company. That was what DSTV did to TSTV.

The support the government claimed was given to TSTV was never ironclad.

TSTV never took off properly and dstv wasn't responsible for that. They delayed their own take off until Nigerians lost interest in them. By the time they took off, their channels, programmes and service were completely different from what they promised. How did dstv responsible for that. They equally promised football channels that some cable TVs were already in the possession of the TV rights. Wasn't that a lie?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Vow Season 3 On Zee World 2019 / Khafi Faces Sack For Having Sex On Big Brother Naija - Sun UK / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.