Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times (35937 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / Satellite TV Company, TSTV Looses Office Due To Debt. / TSTV Africa Loses Abuja Head Office Due To Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Neddstark: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Princedapace:

May lord delver you from tribalism. U stink badly. Shame on u.

I don't stink. I smell 100 times better than your sister's coochie
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by stieyven(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Nbote:
Dis mumu ppl dat raised our hopes so high and den dashed it into a thousand pieces.. Do more talk less is one lesson everyone shld note.
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life, tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by dollarnaira: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2020
The building was taken over not the company.
Company can run without a physical office. Tstv is still active.

4 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Uzoma24: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2020
They are setting up another office somewhere in around Berger yard, I won't be surprised if this time they comeback bigger and better.
Its just the building they lost, their license is still in tact
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by oostin: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2020
I honestly can't understand why Nigerians have not yet realised that this whole TSTV thing was a scam.

They were just fantasising without bothering to come up with a proper business model. How can you promise to televise all premier league matches on a subscription of about N5,000. Did they intend to steal signals.

Nigerians really need to understand a lot more about international businesses. The parent company of DSTV is a company called Naspers International which has access to tonnes of cash through its 31% shareholding in Chinese technology giant Tencent. At the moment it is very difficult to compete with DSTV at the premium content level.

TSTV should have followed the Startimes model by entering the market at the level where they broadcast regular content which is cheaper and easier to obtain and then work their way up the content ladder to the level where they can charge market reflective subscription rates.

Till date no one can state with certainty who the backers of TSTV are. Abeg make una shine una eyes well, well.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Uzoma24: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2020
Neddstark:
TSTV. I will never forget them. They came like they were bragging like giants that will unseat DSTV. People that could not even afford rights to broadcast from a sports network. Shame on them. Eastern businesses and their thing for sub standard services.

When I know some Western businesses that have failed due to sub standard services equally.
Or should we talk about the Western businesses dead due to bad Management decision.

My firm is furnishing TSTV new office complex, so loosing an office complex is not an end to an enterprise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by petermichaels(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Another massacred by dstv in another man's land
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by kutchs: 11:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Neddstark:
TSTV. I will never forget them. They came like they were bragging like giants that will unseat DSTV. People that could not even afford rights to broadcast from a sports network. Shame on them. Eastern businesses and their thing for sub standard services.
Do you remember Oluwatoyin Subair's HITV that was forced to close shop in 2011 just four years after opening?

For every TSTC that failed, there are hundreds like Innoson, Zinox and others surviving the harsh economic conditions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by countryfive: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2020
calberian:

Igbobi college?

Up I C!
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Sambally: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Lol, TSTV is coming back, bigger, better and stronger. I guess they should be on air in another two or three months. Guess they got hit, but learnt their lessons. Actually very impress with their new structure.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by ogubolokento(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2020
DSTV DON SHINE AGAIN......
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by judedwriter(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
Olalan:
TSTV is a classic example of keeping your plans to yourself........they made so much noise and their competitors silenced them

Hmmm... Na so. undecided
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by WaleRock: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
Investigate DSTV!

No local alternative can survive until the government rids the monopoly of DSTV.

By the way there's no content on DSTV nowadays, mostly repetition of irrelevant contents.

FG and NASS must be bold enough to confront this behemoth.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by BotherMleeper(m): 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
edoairways:

If only you knew what was behind the scene, you wouldn't post this

There's nothing behind the scenes and your attempt to attribute some conspiracy theory to why a mismanaged company crashed and burned will equally fail.

In any case even if there was some backalley shenanigans that's secretive you can bet your bottom dollar you will never be in a position to know of it.

I always marvel at random people who claim something is hush hush and super secretive yet they somehow claim knowledge of it without being a party to any part of the affair.

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by LCling: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Chai I won't lie I worked in coding and decoding their very many decorders , even their satellite dish , during such time I was enjoying Tstv stations throughout ,. I believed it's the next good thing .it was pay as u view ,cheap and good Nigeria content and coverage, good stations in their channels, but mid work I usually hear shouts from collection of gentlemen at close rooms always fuming words like ,: they can't try that we see it in court, . I believed they were all lawyers though some join us after meetings.
Most times custom size the decoder or the delivery and delay our work, oboy we too join prayers against custom make them no block workers belle join.
They might have resort to very expensive air means to transport telecom material to Abuja
Which they said was easy with low trouble.
But complain high workers charge , lagos factor which they considered important.
What Did I know
They might faced many fight.known and unknown.
One day they assembled everyone about 2310
Cos most jobs is routine , and the main stable jobs are 24/7 hrs active ,so they group 8-2, 3-9,11-4am.
Their pay was good.
So they told the assembly that they are having some litigation,and custom delay,etc...... The paid again without work with transport and refreshment and promised to call back soon wen to start. More than 2/3 was affected. Just about 32 left. They kept contact for few months .
Light Ends
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by annyz: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Neddstark:

Nigerian factor killed them.

If TSTV were to be owned by DANGOTE what do you think
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
they are trying to give them HITV treatment
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by jincarlos(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
obonujoker:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/396874-satellite-tv-company-tstv-loses-office-due-to-debt.html

They probably came on board and went to sleep thereafter. I can't even remember hearing TSTV and what they do. Bad management course this one not opponent�‍♂️
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by tbliss22(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
I'm not surprised after all we only have crazy set of people in government who only think through their anus. There's nothing wrong allowing this guys to play the game with likes of DSTV and co.

FG's yearly intake from DSTV confirms their blatant refusal for TSTV to survive in the Nigerian market.

So sad...
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by ronyman(m): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
He simply stated a fact. Guilty conscience will kill you there.
Nbote:
Dis mumu ppl dat raised our hopes so high and den dashed it into a thousand pieces.. Do more talk less is one lesson everyone shld note.

So bashing TSTV means I do not have Jesus in my life?? U are no different from the Pharisees Jesus preached about
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by naijaman2225(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=Oblongata post=90503664]Another one bites the dust [/quote

QUEEN.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Bode2: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Roon9:
Never reveal all your cards grin

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
pls for how much? Pls try and state the price upfront...

Also, can it last for a minimum of 5 year or between 3-5 years... Thanks
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by MeKshow(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
So sad.... Was really expecting to get this brand that never came
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Ameboperoo(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Duru009:
It's really unfortunate that Nigeria are stocked with DSTV....

In South Africa thy have about 5 strong cable companies. DSTV is not even among the top 4 in that country.....

Thy have killed the following on Nigeria !
HiTV
TSTV
DarSAT
Consat or playtv owned by Tinubu,

Infinity tv also

Too bad for this country.......
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Roon9(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
Bode2:
pls for how much? Pls try and state the price upfront...

Also, can it last for a minimum of 5 year or between 3-5 years... Thanks

Lithium battery has life span of 5years. Its 105,000. Payment on delivery nationwide
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by DaRuud(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
peeps4u:

What more should FG have done?

They gave them 3 years tax free. Lai Mohammed even attended their launching.

They failed because they couldn't afford to buy those tv rights they had thought they would air illegally.

Do you know beIN sports flagged them down for airing its contents illegally?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Khafi Faces Sack For Having Sex On Big Brother Naija - Sun UK / Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Watch Nigeria CHANNELS TV Online Live 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.