Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times (35874 Views)

BBNaija: Erica Loses N1.8 Million After Disqualification / Satellite TV Company, TSTV Looses Office Due To Debt. / TSTV Africa Loses Abuja Head Office Due To Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Heavance(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90503656:

How and why should they keep what they do to themselves please?
It is never a crime to "make noise" about what you do or your company.
That is called : ADVERTISEMENT .
Coca-cola "make noise' every time also,
so do Pepsi, and other Big corporations,
but they have been around forever!

It is sad that things do not work out for them.
We need a reliable indigenous cable TV in our darling country.

But with all these thieves, called politicians having a sizeable shares in all the South African firms since 1999 till now, make it happen?!
Question of the day!

This is a 100% wholly owned Nigeria Pay TV company.
When are we going to start patronizing our own?

Another Question of the day!

Sad reality!
There is a difference between making noise before delivering, and making noise and delivering.
They promised what they couldn't deliver, release date kept moving forward. Or did Nigerians not patronise HITV?
Who compensated the HITV subscribers for buying a decoders and paying for installation that was useful for less than 3years?
Many people in the commercial city don't even know anything about TSTV right now. How can you be threatening a juggernaut (Dstv) with snatching their customers and you think they will sit to do nothing. Do you have an idea of what they did to bury the dreams of HITV?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by maasoap(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2020
kikero:

Startimes is doing well enough.

The problem is, if you want to compete with foreigners, you have to up your game.

Take HiTV. They got premier league rights, Champions league rights, and then sat down. Other channels on their bouquet were very weak, watery, And the thing is, Nigerians don't get cable for football alone.As a result, they could not get enough of a subscriber base to make enough profits.

TSTV....came and started pirating BeIN tv channels, plus they made promsies they could not keep, and they had poor service in many areas.

Sometimes, government isn't always to blame.
Unless you want government to dash them money....which once it starts, it will never stop.

Thank you man. They're just being unnecessarily emotional.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by winterfell007(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2020
That TSTV has been fraudulent right from the first start, trying to tap an exclusive sport content from the Arab nation and streaming it live to the Nigerian viewers when you were aware that it's only DSTV through "Supersport" that got the exclusive right to air thier sport channel to sub-saharan African. Instead of them the code thier fraudulent act, they started making undue noise up and down.
If you go to places like Aba, Onitsha and Portharcourt, they are companies that stream live sport contents from the arab nations to thier viewers here and those viewers pay a fee for that. This has been ongoing for years without much noise because they know it's illegal to tap an channel that's got exclusive rights.
Anyway, the manger no get sense. DSTV kon use am chop better money for lawsuit...

3 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2020
Renegade23:
Why are you guys blaming them.....they were just creating awareness on their product....

NIGERIA failed them....DSTV shouldn't be thriving here.. we keep underestimating the power of media...

How did Nigeria fail them? We failed them by loving sports, Big Brother Africa/Nigeria? M-Net? Africa Magic?

Abeg o, do you want Nigerians to trade these contents for NTA and pirated bein tv?

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by obonujoker(m): 8:12am On Jun 10, 2020
Neddstark:

Its not about tribalism. Na dem dem. If na Okoro get Globacom, them for don sell am by now.

Wrong bro

Innoson
Zenith bank

They are doing well

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by oodua1stson: 8:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Nigeria failed TSTV. A serious nation would never allow a foreign entity operating within its borders bully an indigenous company. That was what DSTV did to TSTV.

The support the government claimed was given to TSTV was never ironclad.
yea let's blame the government for not supporting a company that defrauded people. If anything they should be in jail for false advertisement and everyone who bought their shitty decoder should be refunded.

Another corporate yahoo. But mumu people are focused on small small boys yahoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by OChimex: 8:15am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:
Nigeria failed TSTV. A serious nation would never allow a foreign entity operating within its borders bully an indigenous company. That was what DSTV did to TSTV.

What a horrible mindset and orientation most nigerians have.. so the blame is now on DSTV?

Your pastors have succeeded in making you believe someone is after your predicament.

Why hasn't Toyota, Mercedes, Ford, and co bullied Innoson Vehicle to wound up?

Know this, a Nigerian man's mentality on business is just to make profit and not to give quality service that will in turn bring profit.

Most Nigerian owned business get worse over time instead of better and for that, they lose customers until they wound up.

I used Glo WiFi, but over time instead of getting better, they get worse and I kicked their ass out.
Check Nigeria network providers, they only get worse and don't get better, yet they expect to progress and make profit. what idiocy.

Check Indigenous TV stations, they are either worse or stagnant or they go out of business.

That is why these business fail, they are plain stupid, and profit minded only and don't give a damn about improving their services. hence they are bound to go out of business .

nobody is after them

5 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by mukthar2000(m): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2020
While US was passing and signing bill that all rents apartment should be forfeit for some months due to the present pandemic, and We are here losses office due to debt, selfish country with greedy leaders.

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Egoveen: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2020
Oblongata:
Another one bites the dust
Another dust bites the onegringrin
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2020
lawrenzooo:

A man would rise someday and for one reason or the other would refuse their bribe.

refuse bribe in nigeria ?? i wish you luck
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Stan2330(m): 8:20am On Jun 10, 2020
sizer07:
Dstv is are one of the mafioso behind the death of this TSTV company. They are after all pay Tv satellites in Nigeria just to insure the monopolies the market. They are shorting down all CTL offices who are there biggest rivals in the south south with the collaboration of Nigerian govt,some state law makers using SSS and police. CTL are the only indigenous pay TV that shows all the 5 top leagues in the world all FA cups and all carlin cup of all the top 5 leagues and all champion league games along with ABG satellite. The owner of ABG is a northerner from KANO, a cronies of the cabal in the seat of power which is why ABG is waxing stronger in the northern part of the country and cannot be brought down by Dstv.its competing side by side with Dstv in abuja and most northern States . In the case of CTL he is an igbo man. Benin,port stations have been short down, reason is they are showing Dstv programs,Z word and telemondo, two most useless TV series as far as guys are consign no offense to our ladies . All there sport channels are Arab commentaries with the exception of few which are broadcast in English mostly weekends . There movie channels,mbc2,mbc action, etc. A very robust satellite Tv service ,affordable as low as 3k monthly subscriptions 7k for 3 month .Dstv with black belle short them down. This country is a mess. Our leaders,law makers are only after what them and there cronies families can benefit, if not tell me why a foreign company, south Africa zanophobic vagabonds will be playing gods in Nigeria by frustrating and shorting down indigenous sat Tv companies with the help of the same law markers.

this is true
if u can't afford DStv, no hope of watching football again...they've shut down every means available in the south
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Stan2330(m): 8:23am On Jun 10, 2020
winterfell007:
That TSTV has been fraudulent right from the first start, trying to tap an exclusive sport content from the Arab nation and streaming it live to the Nigerian viewers when you were aware that it's only DSTV through "Supersport" that got the exclusive right to air thier sport channel to sub-saharan African. Instead of them the code thier fraudulent act, they started making undue noise up and down.
If you go to places like Aba, Onitsha and Portharcourt, they are companies that stream live sport contents from the arab nations to thier viewers here and those viewers pay a fee for that. This has been ongoing for years without much noise because they know it's illegal to tap an channel that's got exclusive rights.
Anyway, the manger no get sense. DSTV kon use am chop better money for lawsuit...

oga they have closed down those companies o

E pain me no be small
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by fujirice: 8:24am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90503656:

How and why should they keep what they do to themselves please?
It is never a crime to "make noise" about what you do or your company.
That is called : ADVERTISEMENT .
Coca-cola "make noise' every time also,
so do Pepsi, and other Big corporations,
but they have been around forever!

It is sad that things do not work out for them.
We need a reliable indigenous cable TV in our darling country.

But with all these thieves, called politicians having a sizeable shares in all the South African firms since 1999 till now, make it happen?!
Question of the day!

This is a 100% wholly owned Nigeria Pay TV company.
When are we going to start patronizing our own?

Another Question of the day!

Sad reality!
TSTV shot themselves on the foot.
They have not even started operation when they started boasting of dislodging DSTV. That’s not advert but threatening your competitors that have been in the game for decades before you even conceived of entering the game.
In all honesty, I was appalled by their line of “sensitization” of their entry into the business.
Before Pepsi entered the beverage market, I don’t recall them threatening to dislodge Coca Cola (in all honesty, I don’t know which one came first but I believe you get my point)
TSTV does not even have the experience nor the financial strength to match DSTV, so why all the noise?
My sympathy is with them though

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Acidosis(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2020
Stan2330:

this is true
if u can't afford DStv, no hope of watching football again...they've shut down every illegal means available in the south

^ ^ fixed

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2020
sizer07:
Dstv is are one of the mafioso behind the death of this TSTV company. They are after all pay Tv satellites in Nigeria just to insure the monopolies the market. They are shorting down all CTL offices who are there biggest rivals in the south south with the collaboration of Nigerian govt,some state law makers using SSS and police. CTL are the only indigenous pay TV that shows all the 5 top leagues in the world all FA cups and all carlin cup of all the top 5 leagues and all champion league games along with ABG satellite. The owner of ABG is a northerner from KANO, a cronies of the cabal in the seat of power which is why ABG is waxing stronger in the northern part of the country and cannot be brought down by Dstv.its competing side by side with Dstv in abuja and most northern States . In the case of CTL he is an igbo man. Benin,port stations have been short down, reason is they are showing Dstv programs,Z word and telemondo, two most useless TV series as far as guys are consign no offense to our ladies . All there sport channels are Arab commentaries with the exception of few which are broadcast in English mostly weekends . There movie channels,mbc2,mbc action, etc. A very robust satellite Tv service ,affordable as low as 3k monthly subscriptions 7k for 3 month .Dstv with black belle short them down. This country is a mess. Our leaders,law makers are only after what them and there cronies families can benefit, if not tell me why a foreign company, south Africa zanophobic vagabonds will be playing gods in Nigeria by frustrating and shorting down indigenous sat Tv companies with the help of the same law markers.

ABG too has been stopped by NBC from broadcasting 'pirated' signals.

Infact, as far back as 2004, ABG used to bradcast Premier league matches via ART channel...until DSTV threatened legal action.

The thing is, if you want cheap premier league games, either start a company that can bid for Premier league matches, or buy a DSTV decoder.

Or get Startimes. Startimes broadcasts Bundesliga matches.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by datgengengirl(f): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:

TSTV messed up big time, why try to reap from where they did not sow

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by sylve11: 8:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Olalan:
TSTV is a classic example of keeping your plans to yourself........they made so much noise and their competitors silenced them

You're right. Keep your plan to yourself . cool
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by OKTolu: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Hmmmmm tstv has gone down the drain like hitv and the rest of them,Am beginning to think any company that wants to compete with multi choice must have a strong financial muscle
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by winterfell007(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Stan2330:

oga they have closed down those companies o

E pain me no be small

you don't mean it?? shocked shocked shocked. Chai!! it's unfortunate. I really liked CTL back then when i was in Aba. They were pocket friendly...
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by sylve11: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2020
XOGBADO:
Moral of the story: keep your plans to yourself, not everyone is happy about your progress.

See, only 1 percent of people will be happy with your progress. 99 percent wish they're the ones enjoying the progress. cool

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Dantedasz(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2020
fabby6122:
Same thing with Startimes in Abuja as well, they have lost their office too.. Competing with DSTV is like competing with Nigeria government... They'll suffocate you.

Startimes is NTA.
NTA is Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by dododawa1: 8:37am On Jun 10, 2020
Ti owo ni ba ta e fi owo eni bo
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by ThePatriotic: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2020
uuzba:

That you said is the problem.
Because they are Nigerians, other Nigerians will feel that they don't know what they are doing. Let's not support them.
But when we see Asians, we feel, "Ah, these ones are white skinned. They know what they are doing. Let's support them"".

You have a point in that we need to be deliberate about patronizing and supporting Nigerian businesses. Although I cannot ascertain this is what happened with TSTV..

We also need to rid ourselves of self hate that was systematically inculcated into us as a people.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by obonujoker(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2020
Mhen I remember CTL at Aba and Osisioma then 2013... beIN sports... Na wa

So make I dey manage my GoTV for now, at least I go dey watch laliga and serieA for the main time angry
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Xscape1993(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2020
Tintinnoty:

The pains in my heart for my country are too heavy for me to carry. When will things get better in our country?
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by dododawa1: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2020
power DSTV and DANGOTE have in Nigeria,let me keep quiet.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Thonee(m): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2020
Whoever that played a role in bringing this Company down will never know peace, all these hike that multi choice are using DSTV/GOTV to rob us would have reduced. South Africans that doesn't give a level playing ground to foreign business in their own land are here in Nigeria milking us because of corrupt leadership.
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by BotherMleeper(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2020
edoairways:

Dstv has a hand bro. You need to see how their staffs reacted on this platform years back

DSTV has a hand in the company promising what it cannot, and failed, to deliver?

TSTV was built on hype.

It couldn't deliver what it promised.

I suspect the founders just wanted to scam their investors, because what they promised didn't even exist.

2 Likes

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Thonee:
Whoever that played a role in bringing this Company down will never know peace, all these hike that multi choice are using DSTV/GOTV to rob us would have reduced. South Africans that doesn't give a level playing ground to foreign business in their own land are here in Nigeria milking us because of corrupt leadership.

DSTV is not milking anyone.

They can afford to bid for Premier league packages. Other companies can't.

At least, there is Startimes. Startimes shows Bundesliga matches, because that's what they can afford to bid for.

1 Like

Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by Franklyspeakin: 8:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Isn't it this tstv Lai Mohammed use make noise??
Re: TSTV Loses Office Due To Debt - Premium Times by sylve11: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2020
It's a very sad one for Tstv. sad cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Thin Tall Tony, Efe, Tboss & Debie-rise Nominated For Eviction / My Review Of Ay's A Trip To Jamaica Movie / The Vow Season 3 On Zee World 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.