Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA (68673 Views)

Vaughan Gething To Become Wales' First Black Leader / Iran Irgc Intelligence Chief In Syria, Deputy Killed In Israeli Strike. / Jean-Pierre: First Black Woman & LGBTQ Person Appointed White House Press Sec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by McTobe(m): 12:33am On Jun 11, 2020
What I know is CDS, then COAS, CAS and CNS. What role does Chief of General Staff play, is it within each of the services or what. Can you explain better please for enlightenment
naijaman2225:

JOINT CHIEF OF STAFF IS NOT THE EQUIVALENT OF CHIEF OF DEFENSE STAFF. IT'S EQUIVALENT IS CHIEF OF GENERAL STAFF, A FIRST AMONG EQUALS.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by McTobe(m): 12:40am On Jun 11, 2020
But by military hierarchy Chief of defense staff is higher than the service chiefs only that he does not hold any command. They report to him and give him compliment. Don’t they?
Yankee101:
Powell was never a service Chief. He move straight from General to JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF

A service chief is head of any of the militaries' units, Airforce, Navy and Army

Brutai is a service chief for example.

Abayomi is Chief of Defence Staff (equivalent of JCofF)

Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by Chatbot1234: 12:53am On Jun 11, 2020
i wonder if americans argue over nigerian politics like this grin
faya dey your house you dey off who nor ask you own.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by Yankee101: 12:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Command. That's the key word. With that you control men, money and power.

McTobe:
But by military hierarchy Chief of defense staff is higher than the service chiefs only that he does not hold any command. They report to him and give him compliment. Don’t they?
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by McTobe(m): 1:01am On Jun 11, 2020
< The second pix>I see the jetFighter Pilot pride in him. JetFighter pilots have a superiority that they throw around other officers. They have that Eagle’s Aura of King of the birds...I admire them though
Horus:
Gen. Charles Brown confirmed as first Black military service chief in American history
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by McTobe(m): 1:05am On Jun 11, 2020
Yea I get, CDS is therefore a case of Big Oga no money. He will be like I no come collect compliment alone o, Buratai abeg my brother drop me 2Million naira I go pay you when they pay me my DTA grin
Yankee101:
Command. That's the key word. With that you control men, money and power.

Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by tianshie(m): 1:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Goke7:

guy, don't stress, the trump supporters in Nigeria are the pdp apologists hating on Obama for not supporting their darling pdp and former president jonathan to remain in office beyond 2015. They are yet to recover from the elections defeat in 2015 and can never recover. Their so called support for trump is just one of their consolation to find refuge for their election loss back in 2015. They know the things trump is doing is bad but they must continue to pretend they love him and hide under the guise that trump love Christians and hate Muslims cos they hate northerners too who are majorly Muslims especially the fulanis of which PMB is one. Right inside them they don't like trump but for political expediences to continue to maintain their political support base in Nigeria. We know them too well, don't stress yourself for their lies.

Thank you for this point of view.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by miket2(m): 1:56am On Jun 11, 2020
What makes me laugh about Trump supporters is their dishonesty ,

It is not because you support Trump that people do not respect you at all, it is because your support of him is motivated by the fact that he is very anti Muslim , and that is fine , but what is horrible and why you are hated is that everyone knows you support him for selfish reasons , but yet you will pretend that its because you think he is best for black Americans and for America , please you are only deceiving yourself

Can any American black tell Igbo people that Buhari is the best man for them? they will all go mad , what they will refuse to accept in others they will do

With everything that has happened tp you under Buhari can any black American who has never been to Nigeria claim that thery know more than you and that you dont know what you are doing just because you dont support Buhari ? Can any black American tell you that he knows better than you?

How as an outsider can you be telling people that they dont know what they are doing and that you know better

You are hypocrites , the behaviour you will not accept from others , you are constantly doing

If Igbos are telling people that they do not support Buhari anybody with any common sense will know that there is solid reason behind it , so even if I cannot see the reason why they hate him I would be a fool to think I know better than them

Can a black American who has never been to Nigeria tell you Igbos havent suffered under Buhari ? but yet this is what you people are doing

Nobody is telling you not to support Trump , but your support for him is entirely based on selfish reasons , it is not out of concern for African Americans so first and foremost stop deceiving yourselves

And this is why some people are hated , you have every right to support who you like , but if people living under this person is telling you that this man is making us suffer , for you to deny everything they are telling you and to be lecturing them that they are wrong is something only a savage and a beast would do

For those stupid people that are saying that black people in America are enjoying their highest levels under Trump

You must think that you are talking ton illiterates , this has Zero to do with Trump or his policies

Under Bush America was suffering under the most serious financial depression ever

Obama inherited an American economy that was under severe recession , It was Obama that saved the banking industry by bailing them out , It was Obama that saved the entire American Auto Industry by bailing them out

Obamna was able to save the American economy and turn it round , and then what happened was every single month employment rose , for blacks and whites , until the day he left the presidency the employment rose consistently without fail

When president Trumo came to power he inherited a strong economy that was seeing a consistent monthly increase in employment from the previous administration .

It was under Obama that employment started to rise, It was as a result of Obamas economic policies that employment was rising consistantly

Trump did nothing to increase employment for blacks it was started under president Obama , when Trump came into power he was able to inherit a country that was experiencing economic growth due to the work of Obama , Trump is taking credit for something that he had nothing to do with ,

You idiots must think black Americans are as stupid as you are , even the fact that he is trying to take credit for another mans hard work is another reason why they hate him

Black Americans are not gullible people , do you think that they cannot read economic data themselves ,

Economic data that is widely available shows exactly when the economy started to improve and when the levels of employment started to rise constantly every month without fail

So only a complete fool will believe Trump , Oyibo know who they can fool , stupid people that believe anything that comes out of Oyibos mouth

Support who you like , but the fact that you dont live in America and you are here criticising black Americans and acting as if they dont know what they are doing and assuming that you know what is better for them is something so disgusting ,

If people are telling you that Trump is making them suffer , and you that is not living there to experience what they are going through , then just keep quiet. It is only someone who is a devil and has the blackest heart that will say they are wrong.

By all means continue to support Trump if you want , but what is evil and disgusting is that you have zero concern for the welfare of African Americans

You do not care one single bit for the welfare of African Americans , and thats why I think some of you are horrible people because you are in here pretending . You like Trump because of his stance on Boko Haram and Israel , and because of that you are happy to see African Americans suffer as long as he remains in power.

But one thing you will learn , people have very long memories , Black Americans arent stupid , A while ago before any of these riots I got a call from an African American friend I havent spoken to in a while , the main thing he wanted to know was what tribe I was from , I was shocked because this iisnt something that comes up , I told him I was Yoruba , the first thing he said was good that means that we can still remain friends

I asked him to explain , before God and man this is the first I knew about Nigerians and this Trump thing , and the fact that they know just by a persons tribe who is a Trump supporter and who isnt, shows that they are not joking. And since then Ive heard from a few African Americans I know and it is something they are all aware of

I can 100% tell you that African Americans are reading this website . Look at my posting history , when was the last time I logged on in here, hardly ever.

African Americans are logging onto nairaland and are noting what you people are saying . This is why I say when you speak of other people do not disrespect them.

People are creating enemies simply because they cannot conduct themselves respectfully and think they can say anything anyhow.

Even if Trump wins the election after 5 years he will be of no use to you ,

YOU are creating enemies needlessly , remember that you have your people that are living in America , do not make things uncomfortable for them because you dont know how to speak about people respectfully .

African Americans know exactly why you support Trump , so all this fake concern about them is not deceiving them , people have read past posts on this website what you guys have said about him and why you support him , so stop pretending that you care about African Americans welfare

I will not speak on this matter again because a word is good enough for the wise , I hardly ever go to this website because of the way that people conduct themselves in here .

For the past four days I received calls from America from people that are reading what you guys are posting , and as far as Im concerned it is not for me to explain anything , i dont own this website and and i will not take responsibility for what someone else has written

The reckless things some of you guys wrote about other peoples affairs does not reflect well at all , Yesterday I had to tell someone three times that I only concern myself with Yoruba matters and I cannot be answering question on behalf of anyone else, this same person was reading some of the posts and asking the tribal origin of the name of the poster, i said i dont know

Whether its Trump or Biden you have a right to support whoever you want . All Im asking is that please try and be respectful when you are speaking about people who have done absolutely nothing to you. Please remember that you have members of your tribe living in America peacefully , please dont make things difficult for them by abusing people who have done nothing to you

Its up to you guys , This place hasnt improved a bit , the only reason I came back was to see for myself and people were not making up stories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by Horus(m): 3:07am On Jun 11, 2020
So why the US government do not declare the Ku Klux Klan a terrorist group?
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by garetz: 5:36am On Jun 11, 2020
Iamdemola:
Colin Powell was the chairman of Joint service chiefs, the equivalent of our Chief of Defence Staff here. So he was a service Chief.
The emphasis on this man is that he is the first black to lead the US Airforce.

Colin Powell was not a service chief. The chairman joint chiefs of staff is not a service chief
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by 9gerian: 5:39am On Jun 11, 2020
Thank you!

myboy2111:
Lie...
Collin Powell
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by IgboGirlsFucker: 6:41am On Jun 11, 2020
bestpunterever:
Omo ofo lawon to ni mi
That's your problem
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by nograv: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2020
garetz:

I would have liked to share my own facts with you but you are too much of an idiot for me to waste my precious time on. I will just tell you what you are, a big mannerless fool that lacks home training.

Yawn
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by bestpunterever: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2020
IgboGirlsFucker:

Omo ofo ni mi
Otisofo already
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by IgboGirlsFucker: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2020
bestpunterever:
MOtisofo l'owurọ kutukutu yi.
Leni ati titi lailai
Amin
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by kristo123: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2020
myboy2111:
Lie...
Collin Powell

United States Air Force not Army
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by mmagu(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2020
he is a puppet presented to the public to enhance their manipulation techniques. Indirect Rule.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by Joguns(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2020
myboy2111:
Lie...
Collin Powell

You are wrong. Colin Powell was Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff. Note, 'Chiefs', and not 'Chief'. Colin was in that post during George Bush, the Senior, Presidency early 90s. You could be Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine Chief of Staff, but not Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff and vice versa. Colin Powell was not Chief of Staff of the Army.
This new Chief of Staff, the first of its kind, as an African-American, is now the head of U.S. Airforce, USAF. His father was a Colonel in U.S.

This is unprecedented because the U.S. Airforce is totally technical. This is the very first time an African American man will head one of the U.S. military forces. Mind you, Gen CQ Brown, jnr, had been Commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet PACAF, before his nomination earlier this year since the retirement of the then Chief of Air Staff is June ending.

However, history will tell us that the African Americans broke into the U.S. Airforce during segregation in the 1940s, during the Second World war WWII. They were known as the Red Tails Angels. They wreaked havoc on the German skies.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by TheAviator: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Earlystar698:
they said African American service chief and not Secretary of State
Yes, Colin Powell was actually the first African American Service Chief. He was the Service Chief during the first gulf war under the first President Bush before his son chose him as Secretary of State. He also served under Ronald Reagan as first black National Security Adviser.
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by TheAviator: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
garetz:

You are the one getting it wrong, Colin Powell was not a service chief. This man, Charles Brown is the first ever black man to be appointed as service chief in the US military.
He was a service chief. He was Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under the first President Bush
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by TheAviator: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
garetz:

You are the one getting it wrong, Colin Powell was not a service chief. This man, Charles Brown is the first ever black man to be appointed as service chief in the US military.
He was a service chief. He was Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under the first President Bush
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
African-Americans (Africans) make up 14% of the US population - ALL LIVES MATTER angry
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by SavageResponse(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Originality007:

It is left for u to decide butTrump has done what ur Lord obama cannot grin

cheesy
Re: Charles Brown Is First Black Service Chief In USA by ejanla077: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
tianshie:

I have a big problem with toilet wipes like you. When bugs like you come to the United States, you never vote Republican. You know instantly that the democrats are your friends. It is the democrats that try to help immigrants float along until they can obtain permanent residence or citizenship. It is the democrats that pursue legislation that fosters equality, that targets immigrant-households and alerts them that the government recognizes them. When you are poor, hopeless, and downtrodden in America, it is the Democrats who look out for you and give you hope. The Republicans are all about conservatism, whose definition seems to loosen or tighten depending on what their present leaders are up to.

It is only JEALOUSY, IGNORANCE and SCHADENFREUDE that cause Nigerians to support Trump and his mean immigrant policies, over the Nigerian, Kenyan, Mexican, Venezuelan, Brazilian, Polish, and other immigrants in the US. You're jealous because your life is FC.UKED up in Nigeria and you can't stand the fact that other Nigerians, like you, have escaped the vicious cycle of poverty and disease in Nigeria. How can any right thinking Nigerian support Trump? Trump who treats people who look like you like sh.it. Dem swear for you ni? Onye iberibe.

You're suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Shut up ur so called democrats put nigeria in dis condition wit buhari

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Israel’s ‘iron Dome’ Air Defence System: What Is It And How Does It Work? / Kampamba Mulenga: I Stopped Being A Prostitute After I Was Appointed Minister / President Ramaphosa Booed At Mugabe's Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.