Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:21 PM

FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody (675 Views)

Please Help!!! I Misplaced My Car Key / N30b Seized Vehicles Waste Away In Customs Custody / How To Verify My International Driving Permit Issued In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by Javalist: 2:24am On Jun 10, 2020
Sometime last year I was pulled over by officers of FRSC on an offense of not wearing a seat belt so, I was charged N3,000 and asked to go to nearest bank and make the payment. They wanted me to park my car until the payment was made into their account but I actually denied that because the day this happened was Friday evening and this meant that I would not be able to use the car again until Monday morning when banks would open again. So they gave me the option of dropping my International Passport with them until I'm able to make the payment so I could collect it back, I agreed and handed it over to them as I drove my car away.

Fortunately for me, I was called for a job interview scheduled that same Monday morning in Lagos. So I left my state (Sokoto) on Sunday afternoon for Lagos. After the interview, I was luckily employed and asked that I report immediately. For this reason, I couldn't come back to Sokoto anytime soon after my departure. However, before the Covid-19 thing got intensive, I returned back to Sokoto and decided to visit the FRSC office again for my Passport. After driving there to and fro for 3 straight days, I learnt that the Passport is no longer in their possession.

Please I need a candid advice, how do I handle this case with a governmental force like FRSC to retrieve my Passport back even if it means them taking care of the Passport's renewal. Can I take a legal action against them? Again, I more concerned about my Passport being used for impersonation purposes for any reason.

Thank you.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:27am On Jun 10, 2020
Can I take a legal action against them?
Yes, you can.
And that is what you need to do right NOW!

This is a perfect example of Gross Negligence.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by chatinent: 2:27am On Jun 10, 2020
Good move.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by mandalorian: 2:32am On Jun 10, 2020
I'll blame you 100% for what happened. You left your valuable asset with a NIGERIAN paramilitary group? Are sure they even brought it to the station that day tongue.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by kingreign(m): 2:34am On Jun 10, 2020
Javalist:
Sometime last year I was pulled over by officers of FRSC on an offense of not wearing a seat belt so, I was charged N3,000 and asked to go to nearest bank and make the payment. They wanted me to park my car until the payment was made into their account but I actually denied that because the day this happened was Friday evening and this meant that I would not be able to use the car again until Monday morning when banks would open again. So they gave me the option of dropping my International Passport with them until I'm able to make the payment so I could collect it back, I agreed and handed it over to them as I drove my car away.

Fortunately for me, I was called for a job interview scheduled that same Monday morning in Lagos. So I left my state (Sokoto) on Sunday afternoon for Lagos. After the interview, I was luckily employed and asked that I report immediately. For this reason, I couldn't come back to Sokoto anytime soon after my departure. However, before the Covid-19 thing got intensive, I returned back to Sokoto and decided to visit the FRSC office again for my Passport. After driving there to and fro for 3 straight days, I learnt that the Passport is no longer in their possession.

Please I need a candid advice, how do I handle this case with a governmental force like FRSC to retrieve my Passport back even if it means them taking care of the Passport's renewal. Can I take a legal action against them? Again, I more concerned about my Passport being used for impersonation purposes for any reason.

Thank you.
D you know the officer's name who took your international passport and their patrol vehicle number?
D you have recorded evidences maybe picture, video, audio or even a paper acknowledging that your international passport is in their custody pending when you pay your fine?

I ask this cos this is a sweet legal case and these folks could easily deny if you don't have proof.

So go back to their office, have a secret recorder on (spy video camera is better) ask them where they kept your international passport and ensure they admit that they withheld it pending when you pay up your fine and now it's no where to be found.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by Javalist: 2:40am On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

D you know the officer's name who took your international passport and their patrol vehicle number?
D you have recorded evidences maybe picture, video, audio or even a paper acknowledging that your international passport is in their custody pending when you pay your fine?

I ask this cos this is a sweet legal case and these folks could easily deny if you don't have proof.

So go back to their office, have a secret recorder on (spy video camera is better) ask them where they kept your international passport and ensure they admit that they withheld it pending when you pay up your fine and now it's no where to be found.

I don't have any of those things you mentioned. The only evidence I have with me is the fine invoice which has nowhere indicated that my Passport is under collateral with them.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by kingreign(m): 2:45am On Jun 10, 2020
Javalist:

I don't have any of those things you mentioned. The only evidence I have with me is the fine invoice which has nowhere indicated that my Passport is under collateral with them.
Faaaaaaaack!

They may deny it.
Go back to them, get a secret spy pen with video camera (no more than 10k) or even use your phone in a subtle way they'll not know they're been recorded. You need hard evidences to nail them.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by Javalist: 4:02am On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

Faaaaaaaack!

They may deny it.
Go back to them, get a secret spy pen with video camera (no more than 10k) or even use your phone in a subtle way they'll not know they're been recorded. You need hard evidences to nail them.

I will consider that, thank you for the help.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by kingreign(m): 4:07am On Jun 10, 2020
Javalist:

I will consider that, thank you for the help.

After you do that, involve a lawyer to write them giving them a deadline to produce that document from where ever they kept it or a court order be served which involves them paying damages.
Re: FRSC Misplaced My International Passport In Their Custody by Yedebem: 4:19am On Jun 10, 2020
[s]
post=90500754:

Yes, you can.
And that is what you need to do right NOW!

This is a perfect example of Gross Negligence.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Superclean Firstbody Es300 In Perfect Shape 1.199k / Registered 2004 Rx330. Sold!!! / Neatly Naija Used 04 Lexus Es300 Is Available For. 1.450m. Dm Me @07083676583

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.