Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare (8559 Views)

I’ll RUN PRO-PEOPLE GOVT. Omisore / I’ll Run For Presidency In 2015, Says Buhari / I’ll Run For 2011 Presidential Polls, Says Ibrahaim Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by EmekaJs(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2011
The Convener, Save Nigeria Group, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said he will run for political office in the 2011 general elections if God permits him to do so.

Bakare said this shortly before delivering his Sunday sermon on the Principle and Power of Hounour at the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, where he is the overseer.

The cleric, however, did not confirm or deny media reports in two national newspapers (not THE PUNCH), that he might be tipped as the running mate to former Head of State, Gen. Mohammed Buhari, who is the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change.

Bakare, who had repeatedly denied belonging to any political party, declared that he would offer himself for political office if God permitted him to do so.

The SNG convener, who said “nothing has been decided yet” on the reported development, asked the congregation to pray for him in order for him to make the “right choice” on the issue.

“It is good that this has been published in the newspapers before I have the opportunity to speak with you,” said the outspoken pastor after reading the reports of the newspapers.

“I have told you several times that my destiny is intertwined with that of Nigeria, but I have never struggled to do that on my own. I told you when God asked me to organise the SNG and you have been able to see the impact. This is another chapter. I’m a Nigerian and qualified to vote and be voted for. I’m ready to run if God asked me to do so.

“I have never prayed about it despite all the pressure and suggestions around me but if God is asking you to do a thing, you have to obey. The only thing that I need you (congregation) to do for me is to pray for me as the next one week is crucial. I need to do what God asked me to do.”

The cleric had raised a little dust in 2010 when he described Buhari as the most credible individual among presidential aspirants in the country who had made their intention known.

He opined that the former head of state was the only person who did not have any trace of corruption on his neck either in or out of government.

Bakare warned members of the church, who failed to produce their voter’s card in the church, that they risked being thrown out of the church auditorium.

“I have registered and so are many other people. If you show up in this church after the registration and you cannot produce your card, you will not be allowed to stay in this (church) auditorium; you can stay in the extension,” said the cleric, who said it would be very difficult to vote twice in the coming elections.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201101241221550
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
chei,another preacher has losed/forgoten his calling shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Beaf: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
Bakare warned members of the church, who failed to produce their voter’s card in the church, that they risked being thrown out of the church auditorium.

“I have registered and so are many other people. If you show up in this church after the registration and you cannot produce your card, you will not be allowed to stay in this (church) auditorium; you can stay in the extension,” said the cleric, who said it would be very difficult to vote twice in the coming elections.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is very serious. So those who forget to bring their bibles would be fine, but if you dare fail to bring your voters card, you will join the demons outside the church! Na wa o!
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Mobinga: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
This man is a disgrace to priethood. A disgrace to christianity! A massive failure.
I've never liked all of these ridiculous pastors. They are all the same bunch of sinners!

A pastor can never be so engrossed in politics without having intentions of joining it. Shame on him. Shame on that farce he calls a church. Shame on his church members. Shame on Nigerian pastors.

Now where is Mai Suya, that said this man can never join politics.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by solihu(m): 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2011
Nice one! PDP "lick" your "fingers", you are done "eating"
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 24, 2011
solihu:

Nice one! PDP "lick" your "fingers", you are done "eating"
am yet to see an opposition
buhari,dele momodu,ribadu etc are are just attension seekers.
ribadu failed for joining forces with the same tinubu he considered a rogue when he was at the efcc,dele momodu failed for joining a faceless party that has no office in major cities of the country and buhari has already failed for inconsistency and lack of convicing power while others just need compensation after the elections as they know they are heading back home after the elections cry cry cry cry
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by blacksta(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
I agree 100% with Bakare

If God be with me who can be against me. What the man is saying is absolute correct - would any one of us who are true Christians not do the same if you were instructed by God

Abeg you lot should learn to use your brain - It is a gift from God.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2011
blacksta:

I agree 100% with Bakare

If God be with me who can be against me. What the man is saying is absolute correct - would any one of us who are true Christians not do the same if you were instructed by God

i just pray its not the same god that spoke to okotie some years back tongue tongue
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by mogentle(m): 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2011
aguiyi:

am yet to see an opposition
buhari,dele momodu,ribadu etc are are just attension seekers.
ribadu failed for joining forces with the same tinubu he considered a rogue when he was at the efcc,dele momodu failed for joining a faceless party that has no office in major cities of the country and buhari has already failed for inconsistency and lack of convicing power while others just need compensation after the elections as they know they are heading back home after the elections cry cry cry cry

You can never see them 'cos they are not under the shameful and soon-to-tear up umbrella of inglorious PDP.
Behold, they 've laid an ambushment and your party, Poverty Development People(PDP) will soon be destroyed to the core,
No stone shall be left unturned.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Mobinga: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2011
blacksta:

I agree 100% with Bakare

If God be with me who can be against me.  What the man is saying is absolute correct  - would any one of us who are[b] true Christians [/b]not do the same if you were instructed by God

So this is the reason why he has been obsessed with politics?  angry
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Ibime(m): 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
Bakare should not compromise the SNG by dragging it into partisan politics. Buhari should find another running mate.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Mobinga: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2011
Ibime:

Bakare should not compromise the SNG by dragging it into partisan politics. Buhari should find another running mate.
Thank You! angry
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
When Bakare came out with SNG, people said pastors whould not mix christianity with politics. When via SNG, God delievered us from Turai and her cohorts, few cared to retract their words.

Now he has not said he is coming out but has placed his destiny in God's Hands, christians are the first to condemn him.

I am a christian but I say shame on us christians who despite the fact that there are over 10 million of us who claim to serve God in this land, Nigeria is still the way it is today. Shame on us despite our constantly increasing parishes and church buildings, corruption continues to destroy our land. Shame on us despite the increasing 'tithes' and 'offering' we claim we pay, our land is yet to see change.

One man stands up and dares to be different. He stands up and unlike some of us who have given more excuses than Moses gave God, has told God that 'whereever you send me, I will go' and all we can do is open our stinking mouths and complain.

Shame on us!
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by sirabbey(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
[
Mobinga:

This man is a disgrace to priethood. A disgrace to christianity! A massive failure.
I've never liked all of these ridiculous pastors. They are all the same bunch of sinners!

A pastor can never be so engrossed in politics without having intentions of joining it. Shame on him. Shame on that farce he calls a church. Shame on his church members. Shame on Nigerian pastors.

Now where is Mai Suya, that said this man can never join politics.

Your utterance is uncalled for, it smacks of absolute disrespect and ignorance of temporal and spiritual matter. Your right to disagree with a person does not confer on you the privilege to abuse and demean them. Making a sweeping jab at the Church is the height of irresponsibility I dare say.
[color=#006600]
[b]Now to the issue on ground, my view is that since God had called Tunde Bakare to be a pastor, he should not stoop to be a King. He should continue in the ministry of Elijah (sanitizing the society) rather than join Ahab on the throne.[/[/color]b][/[/color]b]
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2011
Ibime:

Ild like to respond to this but Ild like to know if you are a christian before I respond because my response will be christian biased.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Mobinga: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2011
proudly9ja:

When Bakare came out with SNG, people said pastors whould not mix christianity with politics. When via SNG, God delievered us from Turai and her cohorts, few cared to retract their words.

Now he has not said he is coming out but has placed his destiny in God's Hands, christians are the first to condemn him.

I am a christian but I say shame on us christians who despite the fact that there are over 10 million of us who claim to serve God in this land, Nigeria is still the way it is today. Shame on us despite our constantly increasing parishes and church buildings, corruption continues to destroy our land. Shame on us despite the increasing 'tithes' and 'offering' we claim we pay, our land is yet to see change.

One man stands up and dares to be different. He stands up and unlike some of us who have given more excuses than Moses gave God, has told God that 'whereever you send me, I will go' and all we can do is open our stinking mouths and complain.

Shame on us!

Shame on you! For allowing Bakare intellectually and religiously pepper-soup you!
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2011
sirabbey:

[b]Now to the issue on ground, my view is that since God had called Tunde Bakare to be a pastor, he should not stoop to be a King. He should continue in the ministry of Elijah (sanitizing the society) rather than join Ahab on the throne.[/[/color]b]

While I understand your growse, Ive listened to Bakare several times (online) and even from the posts above, he said he has never prayed to God about holding a political office before. But if God send him, who is he not to go?

Let us stop being religious for goodness sake. As christians we have been praying for change. If it is God who says Bakare should go then I want to believe its because he has a plan. Do you think that if God had made Elijah King in Israel, Elijah would have rejected it?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by proudly9ja(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Shame on you! For allowing Bakare intellectually and religiously pepper-soup you!
If that is what he has done (or is doing), yes I accept, shame on me. But Ild rather accept this shame, than be on the other side IF truly it is God who sends him.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
Going by this i'd say Bakare is obviously not in the mold of Elijah, Samuel or Elisha or even John (The Baptist). God has anointed and equipped you for one job and has given you a mandate. Kings of old shook before Prophets of God because they had the mouth to pronounce and it will come to pass. unfortunately what we have today are Biblical statisticians who work on high  probability and publish it as prophecies or worse Religious Activists who have an agenda outside pushing for universal ideals that will benefit all.

Bakare, you are doing well with SNG please elevate it to the next level, stick with your current agenda to demand  a Nigeria that befits Nigerians.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by honeric01(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2011
A Buhari/Bakare ticket is going to be the bomb if it ever works out. This is surely going to shut the mouth of those calling Buhari a religious fanatic once and for all. God let your WILL be done concerning Nigeria my country. I have my voters card with me already.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by sirabbey(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
proudly9ja:

While I understand your growse, Ive listened to Bakare several times (online) and even from the posts above, he said he has never prayed to God about holding a political office before. But if God send him, who is he not to go?

Let us stop being religious for goodness sake. As christians we have been praying for change. If it is God who says Bakare should go then I want to believe its because he has a plan. Do you think that if God had made Elijah King in Israel, Elijah would have rejected it?

[b]To the best of my knowledge, the three realm of service, Prophet, The King and the Lawgiver has/is never being saddled upon one individual (Except of course Jesus Christ) even in the secular the three arms of government must be truly and totally separated for them to function effectively otherwise clashes of interest will jeopardize any genuine effort that may be put in. I am an ardent "fan" of Tunde Bakare even though am not a member of his church and i think he stands a risk of destroying substantial part of what he had achieved if he join partisan politics ( [color=#990000]This is not by any way insinuating that christian should not join politics- far from it, but pastors should not join, just like a coach no matter how skillful, do not field himself on the field of play) including his integrity and reputation.

I must however concede the the fact that if it is God actually calling him to go, then it is his cross, he has to carry it, we can only pray he does not make a mess of his salvation [/b] in the process[/color].
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Kx: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
Some pastor was credited with a reported N1000 gate fee for a church programme.
This pastor is noe being reported to have insisted on ch members displaying their
voters card or risk being,

WE ARE WATCHING,
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Bisijohn: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
There is nothing wrong for a righteous man to lead, most especially, if God calls Him to do that. The Bible says, when the righteous man rules, the people rejoice, and when the wicked man rules, the people mourn,Prov29:2. Until a righteous man is enthroned,before righteousness can thrive. And it is only righteousness that exalts a nation. Who is a righteous man? A man that fears God and will not oppress others. Samuel was a prophet of God in Israel, he judged in Israel for several years,likewise Moses,Joshua etc. Therefore, If God calls any man of God, so be it. And one thing i know is that,He will make away for that man after His own heart to get there regardless of what any man says. His will surely be done. Enough is enough. Righteousness must prevail in Nigeria. The kingdom of darkness has collapsed in this country.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Mobinga: 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2011
sirabbey:

[Your utterance is uncalled for, it smacks of absolute disrespect and ignorance of temporal and spiritual matter. Your right to disagree with a person does not confer on you the privilege to abuse and demean them. Making a sweeping jab at the Church is the height of irresponsibility I dare say.
[color=#006600]
[b]Now to the issue on ground, my view is that since God had called Tunde Bakare to be a pastor, he should not stoop to be a King. He should continue in the ministry of Elijah (sanitizing the society) rather than join Ahab on the throne.[/[/color]b][/[/color]b]

What disrespect?

My dear, If he is trully being called, he wouldn't run for VICE! He would run for PRESIDENT! Shame on you!

What a disgrace, running to be the subordinate of a Islamic zealot! How ridiculous does that sound! Shame!
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by NAJALYN: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2011
Well Pastor Bakare is undecided yet. He merely said if it be the will of God, he would contest. However politics is dirty. Only pray he does not become enmeshed in it & lose his salvation.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by honeric01(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2011
@mobinga
And who are you to decide what position he should occupy? Na you call am or are u questioning God if truly na God tell am?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2011
i dont think God will continue to call his people from one assignment to another. Even Jesus christ the most anointed came to the world for one purpose "to bear witness unto the truth.
now here we have a man of God who has left preaching for business management -political activism - to politics/politricks
Proverbs 29:18

Proverbs 29:18 in the New Living Bible says, "When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild

are you sure he ever had a calling (divine guidance)to go into ministry because it does not have a relationship with hoping to contest for a public office
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by sirabbey(m): 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mobinga:

What disrespect?

My dear, If he is trully being called, he wouldn't run for VICE! He would run for PRESIDENT! Shame on you!

What a disgrace, running to be the subordinate of a Islamic zealot! How ridiculous does that sound! Shame!

As much as I understand your point of view about Bakare running as Buhari's vice, I think you are going about it in the wrong way. Name calling and abusing the generality of the Church and Pastors is certainly wrong and it is inexcusable under any guise-it is the hallmark of a zealot which you want to condemn in the first place. Further more, lets cut Bakare a slack, there is what is called a benefit of doubt, after all he is still in the decision valley.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by johndoe200: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2011
After stealing all that cash from his foolish congregation, where else will he get that kind of money? Only from the government coffers,

Fake pastors everywhere.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2011
@aguiyi
Samuel was a prophet and a judge in his own time, joshua was one too, Esther, Moses. God can decide to use anyone, anytime and anywhere, if God could use a donkey to speak to ballam, then why not Pastor Bakare?
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
@ Mobinga,

Stop ranting like an adolescent! Same Bakare delivered us from the hands of Aandoaka, Turai and Ibori.

@ Proudly9ja,

No, I'm not a Christian. I think the SNG is doing a good job as a pressure group and should stay that way. They should consider more mass mobilisation, more protests ala Tunisia etc. Bakare running for VP would be the torpedo that would drown SNG.
Re: Presidency: I’ll Run If God Permits Me – Bakare by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2011
@johndoe
Did any of his members complained to you that he stole their money? The earth and sand shall bear you witness today for accusing someone falsely, and may your reward thats applicable to you be granted to you accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Speaker: We’ll Report Jonathan To Ojukwu–apga / LASG To Seize Vehicles Parked On Sidewalk / Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.