Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups (14532 Views)

Police Speaks On Reviving Disbanded SARS / Disbanded SARS ‘Returns’ To Lagos Roads - Resident Raises Alarm / Lagos CP Debriefs Disbanded SARS And Tactical Teams In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by CocoaOla: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Abeg who be jagaban father or is he conceived by holy spirit Tinubu is Jesus of our Time
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Realdeals(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Not fazed
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by allawizzow(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Can aregbesola and asiwaju have rancor that they won't internally resolve
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Karlifate: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2020
OK.
But IBB claimed that; he annulled June 12 election result to "protect" MKO Abiola.

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by mbhs139(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2020
virginboy1:
APC ruled Lagos state for 20 plus years and yet,They have nothing to show for it except litters of agberos causing nuisance up and down. undecided

Lagos has too much money, yet still underdeveloped. cry

Laughable.

This is the kind of utterances that use to cause trouble on Whatsapp group grin grin grin

Nothing to show for it indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by BreconHills(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2020
virginboy1:
APC ruled Lagos state for 20 plus years and yet,They have nothing to show for it except litters of agberos causing nuisance up and down. undecided

Compared to? Let's have your context.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Yedebem: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2020
[s]
post=90508658:
Na dem sabi.

A better Nigeria is all we want.

A better Nigeria is what we shall get.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by stonemasonn: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2020
virginboy1:

PDP would have done better right?

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by vonxe: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2020
Politics is the ability to be dynamic and have many faces
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by justified007: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2020
ehissi:
This is a beautiful piece, if not that it is laden with a lot of half-truths - I think calling them lies will only bruise the ego of the author - that attempts to glorify some political actors using borrowed robes.

Chief of which is the fact that Tinubu did not win the AD gubernatorial primaries.

It was Dr. Mrs Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele that won the fated gubernatorial primaries. It was simply handed down to Tinubu - by intervention and intense lobbying of his adopted mother and the Mandate group - because the Oba of Lagos insisted that a woman cannot be governor in lagos.

Why? The staff of office of a Traditional Ruler flows from the governor's office. A female governor makes a woman seemingly a superior over the Oba, which is not acceptable in yoruba land.

And as such she was asked to take the lesser role of deputy governor...........................a role she resigned from in protest, because she alleged that Tinubu was using lagos state money to build political alliance aimed at seizing the presidency, despite all the wonderful and lofty plans they had for lagos state; plans that were eventually implemented by the Fashola administration..........

An allegation that rang true when, Tinubu and some of his henchmen broke out of AD to form the ACN - which initially drew the ire and scorn of Afenifere - which morphed into the hydra-headed monster called APC of today................

You lied . The actual winner of that primary election was Funsho Williams but the leaders overturned that result and picked Tinubu as the candidate

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by MENELIIK: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2020
Asgard13:

This one worships at he temple of Jagaban... .

Now Yoruba Muslims are confused grin

Osu jews are barbarians, more confused than confusion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Heybeedee(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2020
coolAPC progresssAPC progresssAPC progresss
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by code591: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2020
[color=#] 1178285[/color]
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by jrusky(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2020
Can't read all a bit busy but my kudos yo the SW and Pa Enahoro God bless. Infact I'm just seen names I have never seen or heard of in the course of freedom fighting in this nation.

SW *I Don* my cap. Much respect!!! I jealous your tribe so much for their resillence in fighting good cause for all not like one bastard bitch called Kanu that all he can add to humanity is to bring phyton to dance naked in his fathersland.

See names only a single person from.my region showed up and we want to become the president bah We want to reap where we did not sow bah Ok nah make we dey see.

I swear any idiot that come here to insilt the SW again may Amadioha kill that person. I will say million time I respect the SW no chest beaten but goal getters.

5 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by MENELIIK: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2020
CocoaOla:
Abeg who be jagaban father or is he conceived by holy spirit Tinubu is Jesus of our Time

You should be more interested in knowing your father or did you drop from sky?

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by code9434: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2020
[color=#] 1037584[/color]
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by oxygen247(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Poor attempt on image laundering.
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by senatordave1(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
ehissi:
This is a beautiful piece, if not that it is laden with a lot of half-truths - I think calling them lies will only bruise the ego of the author - that attempts to glorify some political actors using borrowed robes.

Chief of which is the fact that Tinubu did not win the AD gubernatorial primaries.

It was Dr. Mrs Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele that won the fated gubernatorial primaries. It was simply handed down to Tinubu - by intervention and intense lobbying of his adopted mother and the Mandate group - because the Oba of Lagos insisted that a woman cannot be governor in lagos.

Why? The staff of office of a Traditional Ruler flows from the governor's office. A female governor makes a woman seemingly a superior over the Oba, which is not acceptable in yoruba land.

And as such she was asked to take the lesser role of deputy governor...........................a role she resigned from in protest, because she alleged that Tinubu was using lagos state money to build political alliance aimed at seizing the presidency, despite all the wonderful and lofty plans they had for lagos state; plans that were eventually implemented by the Fashola administration..........

An allegation that rang true when, Tinubu and some of his henchmen broke out of AD to form the ACN - which initially drew the ire and scorn of Afenifere - which morphed into the hydra-headed monster called APC of today................

So he should have remain in ad under obscurity abi
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by JKisOK(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2020
ehissi:

For starters, Mrs. Kofoworola Akerele-Bucknor NEVER contested the Lagos AD governorship primaries. The 1999 contest was a straight fight between Bola Tinubu and Funso Williams. And up till now, there remains the heated contention about which of them ACTUALLY won. One faction under Ganiyu Dawodu (then Lagos AD Chairman) gave victory to Funso, while the National Executive Council through the National Vice Chairman, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, forwarded the name of Tinubu to INEC as the candidate. Statutorily, INEC deals with the National Executive of parties not state chapters. So Bola Tinubu sailed through as against Funso that the State Chairman had declared the winner of the Lagos AD primaries.

Tinubu adopted Bucknor as Deputy Governorship Candidate and Running Mate in deference to and compensation for the support of the AD Babas, including Abraham Adesanya, Adebanjo, etc. But the cordial relationship between Tinubu and the Babas did not survive for long and culminated in the ouster of Bucknor who complained of being kept in the cold by Tinubu although she was supposedly his Deputy.

Interestingly, in Edo APC primaries, that may be the banker Oshiomhole is hoping to deploy against Governor Obaseki i.e. that it is the result and candidate presented by the party's National Executive that INEC would accept. Let us wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by monakii: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2020
ehissi:

As often, i managed to sneak out of my shell to pay my respect to ur historical deftness.
you have also commented modestly. pls keep this up!

Of note: it was a contest between trio of Funso, tinubu and kofo bucknor. first, second and third respectively.the NWC of AD prevailed over pa Ganiu Dawodu to submit Tinubu name instead.

human race generally and africans particularly love rewriting history to sooth their narratives and ego hence the cruelty that abound in this world.
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Where is Ambode in all this names? The guy was used and dumped for a former governor
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Ajibel(m): 11:17am On Jun 10, 2020
I find this such an interesting read worthy of bookmark.

But i'm curious to see Ambode's name,is missing while his deputy was included.

Also Aregbe too, his name is missing and here I,was thinking he's a member of GAC.
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Ajibel(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Where is Ambode in all this names? The guy was used and dumped for a former governor

Imagine being used to spite Fashola and now the Fashola you've spited to please your political leader is more influential in the scheme of things while you're in oblivion. Even his deputy Adebule is a signatory.

Chai, e be things for Ambode oo

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Jobabori(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2020
Ajibel:
I find this such an interesting read worthy of bookmark.

But i'm curious to see Ambode's name,is missing while his deputy was included.

Also Aregbe too, his name is missing and here I,was thinking he's a member of GAC.
Ambode was in civil service by this time of history. This shows that he was politically novice, a lucky man that reaped where he did not show but cannot manage his sucess.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by monakii: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2020
JKisOK:

For starters, Mrs. Kofoworola Akerele-Bucknor NEVER contested the Lagos AD governorship primaries. The 1999 contest was a straight fight between Bola Tinubu and Funso Williams. And up till now, there remains the heated contention about which of them ACTUALLY won. One faction under Ganiyu Dawodu (then Lagos AD Chairman) gave victory to Funso, while the National Executive Council through the National Vice Chairman, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, forwarded the name of Tinubu to INEC as the candidate. Statutorily, INEC deals with the National Executive of parties not state chapters. So Bola Tinubu sailed through as against Funso that the State Chairman had declared the winner of the Lagos AD primaries.

Tinubu adopted Bucknor as Deputy Governorship Candidate and Running Mate in deference to and compensation for the support of the AD Babas, including Abraham Adesanya, Adebanjo, etc. But the cordial relationship between Tinubu and the Babas did not survive for long and culminated in the ouster of Bucknor who complained of being kept in the cold by Tinubu although she was supposedly his Deputy.

Interestingly, in Edo APC primaries, that may be the banker Oshiomhole is hoping to deploy against Governor Obaseki i.e. that it is the result and candidate presented by the party's National Executive that INEC would accept. Let us wait and see.

This is implicitly misleading, perhaps a confabulation. please double check your record of history. i mean no jibe anyway!
if i may ask in which faction did kofo bucknor ?contested?
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Vulcan24(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2020
noted
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by Horbar1: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Na their Palava.

Meanwhile we sell quality day old Chicks from reputable hatcheries across the country at affordable prices.

We deliver nationwide.
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by OmoOshodi(m): 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
So...Ambode is not part of the mandate group.
Re: Why Lagos APC Disbanded Justice And Mandate Groups by raybaba97(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
ehissi:

I like your analysis

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio: My First Grandchild Died Due To Neglect At A Government Hospital / P/harcourt Refineries To Work At Full Capacity By November – Nnpc / Jonathan Was Incompetent But I Supported Him – Balarabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.