Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

About Blogs and Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / About Blogs and Blogging (1823 Views)

Balancing School And Blogging. / What You Need To Know About Blogs And Website / What You Need To Know About Blogs And Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Blogs and Blogging by walemuse(m): 10:20am On Jan 30, 2006
Please what's this noise about 'blog'? I find it difficult. What can I do with blog and what it really depicts? Is it the same as a forum?
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by sbucareer(f): 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2006

Well depends on the way you look at it. A web log is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site. 

Whilst forum is an online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.  The important message to get from this thread is that weblog and forum in my opinion is a [i]e[/i]media for information interchange with the common attribute for POM (Public Open Message).

It would be nice if this trend goes beyond [i]e[/i]media as in a criteria for looking for jobs etc and how much you have contributed towards the world. in any form.  I must admit, I do not have a personal blog yet but in future will consider having one as a way of sharing my own knowledge to the world.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Seun(m): 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2006
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by walemuse(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2006
Thanks for your contributions. I now have a better idea of what blogs entail.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by brushparke(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2006
Hey guys can someone tell me how to submit you blog on www.nigerianbloggers.com? i am fininding it difficult.
Thanks.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2006
brushparke:

Hey guys can someone tell me how to submit you blog on www.nigerianbloggers.com? i am fininding it difficult.
Thanks.

i found it extremely hard too so i gave up trying. They must be having a problem with their style of adding, i don't know.

try some other site.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2006
brushparke:

Thanks.

just submit the blog and see what happens. don't bother validating, it's a waste of time. what host is yours? ?
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Dewalex(m): 2:11am On Jun 13, 2006
I think I agreed with sbucareer it all depends on how you looked at it blog sometimes is about writing something about yourself the traditional ways of autobiography while forum is that of general and open source.
Have a look at this site www.naijablogvillage.com the name sound like webblog but its actually a web forum
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by kazey(m): 2:32am On Jun 13, 2006
Weew sorry about that. Send your submittions to info[at]nigerianbloggers.com . I have been busy lately.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by livingnuts(m): 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2006
Blogs, if you really know how best to use it, you can make some real dollars from it, well normally, it is just a place where you can just write about your hobbies, or what you find interesting!

but nowadays, people are making money with blogs through the use of adsense, you can really find out more about blogs and adsense and see how i do it for FREE in my blogs: here http://moretipstowealth..com/ or here http:InternetMarketingProfit..com/
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Ka: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2006
Kazey,

What info do you need sent to nigerianbloggers.com? I'd like to add my blog (in my sig) to your list.

Thanks,

Ka
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by kazey(m): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2006
just your blog address would do.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Seun(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2006
From his signature:
http://pangolo..com/
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Oracle(m): 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2007
It been a wonderful experience, although i'm not much of a blogger coz i only blog at my leisure.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by ife01(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2007
Yea, there's been so much noise about blog and blogging, and I'm loving it.

Am building a blog page where blogging tips from designing to making money from your blog will be discussed at http://nairablog..com
very soon - if I have the resources I'll come up with a nigerian bloggers forum,

I have experienced problem adding my blog to nigerianbloggers but there's one at http://naijalive.net,

Good luck!
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by passion007: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2010
Nigerian blogs are all very routine in their appearance. Blogger in Draft helps you tweak your blog into a design you have in mind. For miscellaneous tips on anything Blogger, check out my blog.
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by Albato(m): 11:04am On Jun 05, 2010
learn blogging tips from one of the world's best
www.problogger.net
Re: About Blogs and Blogging by webtips: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
Blog is an online journal where you can post as many articles, product pictures, widgets, etc,
people can post comments on your blog about your products or services.

It is a place where you can raise Issues and people will continue posting comment on it.

Its can be modified to the tune of a standard webpage.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Forum Like Nairaland / Exchange Links Here-to Get More Traffic / How Nigerian PHP Programmers Proved That Programmers Are First Of All Artists!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.