Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,316 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas (61979 Views)

5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Give Regularly To Charity / Top Nigerian Musicians That Blew And Then Went Back To Being Upcoming Artiste / 5 Nigerian Male Celebrities That Have Hot Abs (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by wman(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where is Asa?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by agrowell: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where are the pictures?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by victorazyvictor(m): 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Where the fuçk is Jidenna?

Where the fvck is Nneka

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by lizdammy: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
good
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by bmdmixer: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
i only know 1, the igbo boy called nonso
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ibkayee(f): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kudos to all of them but I don't know about top 5
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wait, are you telling me that there is no much to say on this thread, coz all the comment above me are just short of words!!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Oblitz(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
hafeezkidd:

No one knows you.

Na true o! but you know me now grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Branzy(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wale jidenna

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Hoodgod(m): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
mantosa:
They say pop presence and proximity to culture breaks walls into acceptance by fans, music listeners and industry heads in the Nigerian music industry. But chasing one’s dreams should not be determined by these factors as long as musicians stay close as much as they can.

Usually, the past music business models covet gaining traction by fans of other established musicians, releasing music and performing them to a wide crowd at shows and concerts. The digital break now allows musicians from all over the world to dish out singles and albums from wherever they may be situated. The average Nigerian musicians outside Nigeria with hopes of growing their fan base back home are doing it effortlessly with resources at their disposal in the Diaspora.

Nonso Amadi

Nonso’s music breeds romance, break ups, make ups and rhythmic balance in vocals. “Tonight”, off the “ALONE EP” pushed his credibility at home. Although occasional shuffles between Lagos, Toronto and the UK has stalled his career, the man will push the limit between r’n’b and the alternative genres.

Tome

Just within weeks, the Afro-Canadian Afro fusion singer scored more than 1.8 million streams across all platforms with her groundbreaking project ‘BT4W (Bigger than four walls)’. The album featured Runtown, Zlatan and King Promise. Tome also performed on One Africa Music fest’s Hope for Africa’ virtual concert a few weeks ago. Tome has deep roots in music which will make her music stand the test of time.

Toye

The Nigerian-American singer muscles his way into the hearts of Nigerians in Atlanta, Georgia. He has also opened for Burna Boy and Mr Eazi during their American tours in 2019. Toye is also closely-associated with Davido and it shows in his charisma as an upcoming ‘Faaji’ singer (a blend of Fuji and juju genres which he carved for himself). In the past few months, Toye performed for Colors and released a Wizkid and DJ Tunez inspired cover to ‘Gbese’.

Dolapo The Vibe

The Nigerian who moves between Lagos and the US is growing under the wings of Bankulli, the Nigerian music executive, producer and singer. Although, not yet in the mainstream, her vocals serenades in the music she makes. The US Army officer is also destined to release a project in the nearest future after the highly-accepted “Owo’’ which featured Peruzzi.

Kida Kudz

Kida Kudz evolved as a boy from Ibadan who was winning rap battles sponsored by soda companies to a man who experimented with sounds influenced by the grime scenes in the UK. Kida Kudz has worked with almost all the big names and he is still a fan favourite to the mid-age Nigerian who witnessed his rise in music.

source: https://tushmagazine.com.ng/top-5-nigerian-musicians-in-the-diasporas/
shout out to kida kudz & nonso amadi u two gad my heart..anytime

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by extol1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
KingAzubuike:
I sight you, space booker
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by dcrested(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
What of Wale, Jidenna, Rotimi and Chika?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by TheBlessedHero: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where is Little Simz? Real name: Simbiatu 'Simbi' Abisola Abiola Ajikawo
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by maiquel: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
All i can say is if you want to blow in this music you are doing, come back to Nigeria...

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Drizzy5001(m): 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nonso Amadi is very talented.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by AiteeAitee: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Where the fuçk is Jidenna?
Asides Nonso, Jidenna's bigger than those 4 artistes put together twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Eastside22(m): 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
Bobotic:
What about Speedy Darlington
My favorite of them all
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Finnese001: 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
ebuka10box:
Nonsense list, where is rotimi and co

I love that rotimi guy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Karac: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Kida Kudz the jiggy boy. S/O to Not3s, Tion Wayne, Rotimi, Darkoo and Moelogo
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Mbitiouz69: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Surfondsystems:
It is not easy making it in the Nigerian music industry but I assure you when you’re focused and relentless with talent nd Gods grace you will get there.

I personally work with a music promoting company and can help any artist with great work push their works.

Just WhatsApp me via the number on my profile to get on board.

I’ll contact you on Whatsapp now
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Rotimi nkor

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by CivilzedTyger(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
Men like Skepta, Jidenna, Wurld, Rotimi, Santan Dave, Wale, Santi and many more. Nigerians are everywhere

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by jaxxy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
Funny ass list.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by paulolee(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
nice list...nonso amadi got ma heart with dt tonight vibes mehn..bin de slam am bk to bk wen bea break mg heart bk den...op wat abt asa, jidenna, speed darlinton and vicko??
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Larryallfather(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
What of Dave? Huh lipsrsealed[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Gbengee: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Where is jidenna the classic man that fell in love with Bambi the Sufi woman.

Grammy award nominee

He's definitely bigger than all the 5 combined

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ikorodureporta: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hushpuppa no follow? cheesy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by tillaman(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
I fvck with Nonso Amadi all day everyday

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wale
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ArticleBeast: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2020
Oblitz:
Rubbish . Who knows them.
This is Oblitz the best producer in Nigeria. If I don't know them, then nobody knows them
We don even know O not to talk of Blitz on Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians In The Diasporas by ArticleBeast: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Emily22:
Kidakidz disappeared like the promises of buhari
He has a new music with Teni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam / Burna Boy Shows Off His Fleet Of Cars / Bakare Olalekan Mubarak: Nigeria's Tallest Male Model (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.