Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,689 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki (867 Views)

"Edo Is Not Lagos": Obaseki's Bill Of Insult On Tinubu - By Ini Akpan Morgan / Resignation: I Will Not Move With Obaseki – Ojezua / APC Governors Meet Oshiomole Over Rift With Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2020
You forgot years back to build your own house you need to settle different community boys, even to roof and sink borehole you go pay heavy. Some people abandoned their houses cos of this. But him along side the Oba put a stop to this (agberos and their patrons are not happy).

He retrained Oshiomole police who turned into terror at some point, Ize Iyamu even campaigned with it showing a commercial of one jump on the vehicle of a pregnant woman, dragging the steering with her which later led to an accident.

The tax payment system is now different, he did shut down a lot of illegal tax systems that were going on during Oshiomole's government, championed by Andrew Momodu (if you meet this guy during the time of Oshiomole you Don blow).

He has renovated several roads that were poorly constructed by Oshiomole.

He completed some roads that was abandoned by Oshiomole, but was used to campaign and Oshiomole mentioned that they were completed meanwhile they were not, people who were not aware cheered him i.e Igbinaduwa road at Ogida barrack. (construction work is still on going in this Area around textile mill road and second west area).

He is paying workers as at when due and those workers don't want to loose this for anything.

He picked up a seriously indebted state (which Oshiomole sold out to marry his Oyibo wife) but never complained for once that the debt is preventing him from doing anything, but still stayed focused.

His first month in Office he chased those political gluttons who came to eat and dine at the government house away, telling them to go get jobs that The government house is not their office.

He has brought Bendel insurance to life, giving them all the financial support they need i.e he attached a million naira bonus to each win just to encourage them back to top flight.

He once worked out the MD of BEDC due to epileptic power supply and threatened to start generating own power for the state (you guys can see some evidence of this already with his work towards the power sector).

Festival of Art and National sport festival could Not have come into play if the state was not prepared. He is playing a key role in the renovation of Uniben (a federal school) and Renovated ogbe stadium.

AAU is being renovated and the college of Agriculture expanded and three months they carried out employment for all offices as if one was starting a new University At iguorhiaki(edo south) , Igueben(edo central) , Agebebode (Edo north)

N!B: I am not a politician, but a concerned citizen of the Federal Republic.

But to an average man, na to tar road be good governor.

Together we can make Nigeria better.

God bless Nigeria great.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2020
If you live in Edo and feel any of this is out of place, state so.. These are the kind of discussion we should be having not
.HE BIT THE FINGER THAT FED HIM SHIT.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by daddytime(m): 10:18am On Jun 11, 2020
freshkpomo:
You forgot years back to build your own house you need to settle different community boys, even to roof and sink borehole you go pay heavy. Some people abandoned their houses cos of this. But him along side the Oba put a stop to this (agberos and their patrons are not happy).

He retrained Oshiomole police who turned into terror at some point, Ize Iyamu even campaigned with it showing a commercial of one jump on the vehicle of a pregnant woman, dragging the steering with her which later led to an accident.

The tax payment system is now different, he did shut down a lot of illegal tax systems that were going on during Oshiomole's government, championed by Andrew Momodu (if you meet this guy during the time of Oshiomole you Don blow).

He completed some roads that was abandoned by Oshiomole, but was used to campaign and Oshiomole mentioned that they were completed meanwhile they were not, people who were not aware cheered him i.e Igbinaduwa road at Ogida barrack. (construction work is still on going in this Area around textile mill road and second west area).

He is paying workers as at when due and those workers don't want to loose this for anything.

He picked up a seriously indebted state (which Oshiomole sold out to marry his Oyibo wife) but never complained for once that the debt is preventing him from doing anything, but still stayed focused.

His first month in Office he chased those political gluttons who came to eat and dine at the government house away, telling them to go get jobs that The government house is not their office.

He has brought Bendel insurance to life, giving them all the financial support they need i.e he attached a million naira bonus to each win just to encourage them back to top flight.

He once worked out the MD of BEDC due to epileptic power supply and threatened to start generating own power for the state (you guys can see some evidence of this already with his work towards the power sector).

Festival of Art and National sport festival could Not have come into play if the state was not prepared. He is playing a key role in the renovation of Uniben (a federal school) and Renovated ogbe stadium.

AAU is being renovated and the college of Agriculture expanded and three months they carried out employment for all offices as if one was starting a new University At iguorhiaki(edo south) , Igueben(edo central) , Agebebode (Edo north)

God bless Nigeria great.

Very apt, spot on, and nothing but the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by joyandfaith: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2020
the problem is that youths do not care about national development but personal interests

3 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2020
daddytime:

Very apt, spot on, and nothing but the truth.
Thumbs up boss.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2020
joyandfaith:
the problem is that youths do not care about national development but personal interests

Nne that's the painful truth, it's like trying to save a drowning man who refused to be save. If it's not stomach infrastructure, it's religious or tribal affiliation. They cast their votes for the wrong reasons, neglecting important stuffs.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by pascal558(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
freshkpomo:

Nne that's the painful truth, it's like trying to save a drowning man who refused to be save. If it's not stomach infrastructure, it's religious or tribal affiliation. They cast their votes for the wrong reasons, neglecting important stuffs.

God bless Nigeria.

Just wish they will listen. But they won't.
Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 6:38am On Jun 13, 2020
pascal558:

Just wish they will listen. But they won't.
Stomach infrastructure is all they care about.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Honestly speaking, Obaseki need to apply Yahaya Bello style here, If it was Bello, Nothing less than 100 people will have been confirmed dead in Edo by now and Kabaka will be among.
Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by PIMPAR: 7:09am On Jun 13, 2020
Campaign after election
Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Honestly speaking, Obaseki need to apply Yahaya Bello style here, If it was Bello, Nothing less than 100 people will have been confirmed dead in Edo by now and Kabaka will be among.

Hahahaahahah, we don't want blood shed... We want a peaceful election.. Our youths need to wake-up and take a stand..

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by NaMe4: 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2020

LOL

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by osothermal(m): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
All these you listed especially chasing those political gluttons from Government office was his sin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
osothermal:
All these you listed especially chasing those political gluttons from Government office was his sin
You too go get sense boss. I wish Edo people will understand this.. But they won't. I keep asking them how respecting Oshiomole will impact on their lives and that of Edolites.

Obaseki chose GOVERNMENT OVER PARTY and the same people he stood for are the ones throwing stones at him.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by freshkpomo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
PIMPAR:
Campaign after election
don't get you..

Together we can make Nigeria better

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by spirul77: 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
freshkpomo:

God bless Nigeria great.
lol, now as a normal person, relax, calm down and go through all this "achivements" again, let's assume these is true, is this what a governor of a Niger delta state should be proud of ? For your Info,the oba banished community CDA's and not obaseki, talking of tarring roads left by oshiomhole, it's am irony you are mentioning obaseki and road projects in EDO, the few roads he has constructed is not up to what oshiomhole did in his first year in office, the few roads oabski did has all almost been washed away by flood, the only quality road project he did is the lucky igbinedion way and it's not even up to 1 kilometer, so walking a woman out of office is an achievement now? His administration tried in bringing bender insurance back but how far now? Where is the bendel insurance today? Back to National League, generally in sport you can't even compare both govts, you kNow about the okpekpe marathon, how about the first car race competition in Nigeria? Those were the few legacies of the last administration, you compare someone renovating a university "which almost all the works are tetfund project" to someone that built another university, when the whole country was bickering on how to pay 18k minimum wage, the last administration was paying 25k, as a technocrat, common sense didn't tell him he has to look for a way to engage the "touts" that lost their jobs when he reformed the tax system? Who does that? Where does he want the boys to go? It's a shame you are supporting a non performing governor, closed down a five star hospital and later hand over to private investors, he failed woefully in governance, you are listing rubbish and lies as achievements when he campaigned with gelegele seaport, 200 million jobs and yet couldn't fulfil 10 percent of electoral promises and you talking about oshiomhole's debt, check this, Edo State had the highest level of external debt ($276 million as at December 2018) second only to Lagos and highest among all the South-south states, yet we cannot juxtapose this against real dividends on ground.
This is with the fact that as at the inauguration of obaseki's government, the external debt of the state stood at $168 million. The domestic debts burden has increased from about N45billion pre-inauguration to N84 billion as of June 2019.
Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by spirul77: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2020
joyandfaith:
there's nothing developmental about obaseki's govt, from closing schools and hospital built by his predecessor to discontinuing legacy projects like the benin water storm project, go to EDO central and nothing to show There is a governor in the state just because he thinks they will Vite him to complete another tenure so they will take over from him, you'all castigating kabaka, what's his offence? When kabaka was working for him in 2016 he wasn't a thug? Prior to obaseki, the company in charge of collection of revenue in oredo was Owned by kabaka, the akugbe ventures, the collect revenue by employing boys and at the end of the day the govt gives the company a fixed percentage which is what most states do, but obaseki came and said the system is too crude and want to refine it, which he did, as a technocrat, isn't it imperative he looks for a way to take the boys that lost their jobs off the streets? He abandoned them, isn't that creating a problem while trying to solve a problem? A governor that travels everyday to sign MOUs and court investors but destroys the investment in his state because they are Owned by his opponents? Who would invest in such state when they kNow their investment could be destroyed if they are perceived as opposition? With the pace the last administration worked in EDO if this administration had continue EDO would have been a better place, nobody asked him to share EDO money, just work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by joyandfaith: 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
spirul77:
there's nothing developmental about obaseki's govt, from closing schools and hospital built by his predecessor to discontinuing legacy projects like the benin water storm project, go to EDO central and nothing to show There is a governor in the state just because he thinks they will Vite him to complete another tenure so they will take over from him, you'all castigating kabaka, what's his offence? When kabaka was working for him in 2016 he wasn't a thug? Prior to obaseki, the company in charge of collection of revenue in oredo was Owned by kabaka, the akugbe ventures, the collect revenue by employing boys and at the end of the day the govt gives the company a fixed percentage which is what most states do, but obaseki came and said the system is too crude and want to refine it, which he did, as a technocrat, isn't it imperative he looks for a way to take the boys that lost their jobs off the streets? He abandoned them, isn't that creating a problem while trying to solve a problem? A governor that travels everyday to sign MOUs and court investors but destroys the investment in his state because they are Owned by his opponents? Who would invest in such state when they kNow their investment could be destroyed if they are perceived as opposition? With the pace the last administration worked in EDO if this administration had continue EDO would have been a better place, nobody asked him to share EDO money, just work. Do not mind me, I like typing rubbish.
Re: Here Are Some Reasons I Feel Edo Is Safe With Obaseki by Mightyhaiz: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
with obaseki,sanity returned to Edo state..

(1) (Reply)

House Of Assembly Shuts Down As 3 Lawmakers Test Positive To Coronavirus / Like Adolf Hitler Like Nnamdi Kanu / Ipob "Terrorists" Launch Biafran Themed Grocery Store In Malaysia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.