Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone (8418 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Fufu As Iphone 7+ To Man At Computer Village As He Cries / No Single Techno, Infiniti And Itel Phone Has Ever Been Sold In China / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by Roushy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lols... He didn't remove from your money. He already had 3k in one of his pockets. Some of those guys are smart.

southniyikaye:
give him a firm handshake or take soup along so you can enjoy the remaining fufu and chilled mineral for a job well done.

My own experience was just a bit crazy and greed too
I was working in an hotel in mushin, bally white by name. It was during Muslim fasting period so sales was low and on this particular day, I was having a serious headache so I just sat at the bar resting my head then this werey broda walked up to me saying
Bros, I came for short time, when my money expire and I still Wan lamba so I lamba enter another session and I no get money to sort room for extra time, dem Don lock my gf inside room say make I go bring money. Then he showed me this Nokia n70 brand new, say I should buy it for 10k.my headache dissappear like I used 1 sachet of panadol extra. Upon that, I still negotiate enter 7k.we agreed but I don't have cash, so I went to our gateman, he know say money dey enter my hand wella cos I do lend him too.
NOW THIS IS THE TRICK.
while we were at the gate, the guy gave me the phone and I gave him the 7k. He suddenly said bro, this phone pass like that I no sell again. So we exchange money and phone.
I was about going then he said again, oya add something now I said no so he collected the money and gave me the phone again. I was about leaving again he said he no dey sell again, I was pissed I just hand him his phone and collected my money. Immediately he left me, an Okada just came out from nowhere and carried him and they zoomed off.
I gave the money back to aboki and aboki called me back to tell me I gave him 3k,i nearly fainted, the headache fourthple not triple, it ended in premium tears.
While we were exchanging phone and money, the bastard already removed 4k and I didn't even noticed. Rushed to the reception to hold his gf responsible and was told there was no lady locked up anywhere.
Dem show me Lagos o

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by cybriz82(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jossyroyal1:
shocked

I almost fell victim many years ago .

I luckily outsmart them that day

........ Modified...................

I was heading to Oshodi from Lagos Island. That was in 2007. I was very young and just started hustling.

So immediately I dropped off from the bus at Oshodi Oke, I saw someone flashed my a clean Nokia java phone. That place can be rowdy then thank God for Fashola. He said it cost 4k. What, a phone that should be nothing less than 11k then for fairly used.

I got madly interested and he took me to a corner along the road there. So I priced 3k which was the only cash I had on me. He said OK I should pay. Now all the while we were negotiating, I see some strange faces walking to and fro and I begin to sense danger.

I made sure I collected the phone before paying. So they asked me to bring the phone so they can prepare the receipt. They said they needed the serial no abi Imei but I told them to just write the model that I will write the Imei on the receipt when I get home.

It became an argument and they started rumpling me. Luckily for me, I first kept the phone in my pocket which they saw but they didn't know when I hid it somewhere else inside my bag.

As they were about getting hold of me,. How swung and turned like Jackie chan from their midst and escaped into another bus loading Mile 2 is still a miracle till date. So immediately I took refuge inside the bus even tho I wasn't going to Mile 2, conductor was shouting bole bole but for where. I sat in the middle and passengers were filling the bus.

They went and surrounded the bus some stood in front of the danfo to stop the driver and when they realised that I was escaping, they brought out my 3k and asked me to return the phone.

I collected my cash and gave them the phone but not without a very hot slap from them. If I'd returned the phone to them, they would have changed it to fufu. Lol

The funny thing is that policemen and other passerby just minded their business. E Don tey dis country spoil shaa. As young and innocent that I was, nobody came to rescue me from the hoodlums.

An elderly man said to me after the bus left that how did you want to buy such a phone for 3k if not that you are a thief or greedy. That word stick to my brain till tomorrow which made me come to the conclusion that GREEDY PEOPLE ARE VULNERABLE TO SCAMMERS.

grin d elderly man no whoze u another extra slap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by davillian(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
geezynoni:

Na jazz guy...why I go buy phone wey I no check the intestines
Baba no b jazz o
To beat them ehn
Once they show u the working phone
Hold it and don't hand it over back to them,
Once u do they will switch it...to fufu...
Once u do this, they won't sell to u and will reject your money....
Mind you if they agree to sell and u hand over money to them
They steal from the money and tell u they not selling again....
If u smart enough and they want their phone back , another person would hold you that the phone with you is his phone
And you don't have recet for the phone
Na police go settle am, you loose the phone and your money
So best thing is don't buy from the guys on the street enter a shop and buy what u want

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by ashorkoys: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Here's a list of 12 things only Nigerians find funny
1. Foreign accent
2. Foreigners eating the local delicacies
3. People who buy things like this https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=165570465016869&id=112348863672363
4. Being the first to arrive for parties
5. Eating fufu with knife and fork
6. Ladies fighting over a man
7. When you travel to an African country and come back with an American accent
8. Nigerians who would not crush their chicken bones
9. Men who wear suit and tie and walk under a very hot weather
10. People who wear sun glasses at night
11. A Nigerian who drives an expensive car and begs for money
12.A poor man with pot belly

Well, a lot of things make Nigerians laugh, we will be glad if you can share some with us in the comment below:
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by Dreyton36: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
EwuGambia:

LWKMD
Shey e happen true true?
No be lie
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by Yinkey6(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2020
Coldie:

False

Ok
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by clint440(m): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bosedeqa:
BITCOIN MINING IS NO LONGER INSANELY PROFITABLE.

The world is moving to mining Altcoins profitably.
Permit me to introduce you to FUND BOOST.

With $10 on Fund Boost, you can purchase 1 ETS/s which can mine 0.01 Ethereum daily, from your dashboard you can purchase up to 10000 ETS/s.
You can earn up to 1 ETH DAILY.

Your mining earnings are basically limitless.

Come aboard now!

W W W. F U N D B O O S T. C L U B
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by clint440(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
I'm interested in this business
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2020
9japride:
Is that not a comedy skit? Hope its not another false alarm to give hard working computer village boys a bad name and most people are just accepting it just from hear say.
its a comedy skit bro....

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by movingclouds(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=clint440 post=91164979][/quote]
For real?
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by clint440(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
Am interested
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by 9japride(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2020
Vaselinelord:
its a comedy skit bro....
[color=#990000][/color]

I thought as much. But I wondered how a lotof people were just talking trash about being sold fake products. Most story we hear are just hear say.
Re: The Mystery Behind Fufu Been Sold As Phone by davillian(m): 7:07am On Aug 10, 2020
geezynoni:

Na jazz guy...why I go buy phone wey I no check the intestines
If you don't know how they operate you will fall victim
First they show you a working phone you would operate and check
Then they will tell you they want to copy imei mum etc
During that process they have swapped it with a dead phone for you....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TECNO PHANTOM Z Launched In Kenya!!!! / Nokia Xl Rm-1030 4gb Dual Sim Inches Android Windows Smartphone - Black For Sale / I Upgraded To Android 6.0 And Major Apps On My Gionee M5 Mini Is Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.