Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies (38117 Views)

Grace Ifeoma Adichie Dies! Chimamanda’s Mother Is Dead / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls / The Hypocrisy Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by jnrbayano(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rest in Peace Uncle

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by jnrbayano(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
cococandy:
Celebration of life smiley

Yes

Last week he was having exchanges with his visitors though looked weak.

He was a great man

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Onnasucs1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rip sir.
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by ChristineC: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
an icon indeed cry
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by iphybest1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Prettyvirginia:
According to a statement credited to Uchenna Adichie, sister to Chimamanda Adichie, and widely circulated on social media, Prof James Adichie, their father, has gone to be with the Lord.

He passed on around midnight yesterday June 10, 2020 in a private hospital near his home.
He was ill briefly, (not Covid-19).We are celebrating him!
He lived a good life and was 88 upon his death.

*Brief profile of Prof James Adichie*

James Nwoye Adichie (Odelora Abba), is from Abba in Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State and was the first Nigerian Professor of Statistics.

He's a husband to a lovely woman, Grace Adichie, who was the first female Registrar of University of Nigeria Nsukka, and a father to a host of children including literary icon, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

He was made a Professor in 1976 at University of Nigeria Nsukka, and retired in 1997.
He's 88 years old and beared the traditional title of Odeluora Abba until his demise.

Rest on Sire till we meet to part no more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3091846657565120&id=215558218527326
REST IN PEACE DADDY
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by RTSC: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
A lion cannot born a goat.
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Sososo(f): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rip.your seed lives on
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by SpecialNwa: 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
rest in peace sir�
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by PoliteActivist: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
R I P
Condolences to Chimamanmada
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
He lived to a ripe old age. I bet he was very proud of his exceedingly intelligent and accomplished daughter.

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Crochet: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rest on sir
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Prettyvirginia(f): 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Abba get enough professors. I've never seen a people as enlightened as these people, even the uneducated ones are wise and disciplined..they will never fight ukpo for that land and they'll still get it back!!

Rip Odelora Abba

You deserve a hug hun. You nailed it

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Prettyvirginia(f): 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
jnrbayano:

Yes

Last week he was having exchanges with his visitors though looked weak.

He was a great man

I sight you Engr Bayano. Ezigbo onye Abba
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by gwafaeziokwu: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Odeluora! - Omelora

Chimamanda you have been caught on this one. Those that read Purple Hibiscus will understand.

Rest on great one. Goodnight Prof, as long as the literally legacy of your daughter lives you live forever.

Kachifo.

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by LordIsaac(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
Lawsimon:

You mean children of quota system professors.

Na them dey lead now for social vices.

Bad bad things, just like pastor's Children
I agree with you totally... At least I know of two in my school here.
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by LordShiva97(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
An accomplished man. Fare thee well!
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Mrkcee(m): 8:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
Chai! RIP Super Lion. UNN will forever remember ur contributions. embarassed
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by okpurukata(f): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
An intelligent, calm, self contented man. I am proud to have passed through your tutulage sir. Rest in peace my prof.

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by dalass(f): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
Odeluora! - Omelora

Chimamanda you have been caught on this one. Those that read Purple Hibiscus will understand.

Rest on great one. Goodnight Prof, as long as the literally legacy of your daughter lives you live forever.

Kachifo.

I wondered how Chimamanda came to literary stardom at such a young age. Now I see where she got the brains from..... The dad and Mom...

R.I.P Prof

2 Likes

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by lowaist101: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Sadteen: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
dalass:

I wondered how Chimamanda came to literary stardom at such a young age. Now I see where she got the brains from..... The dad and Mom...

R.I.P Prof
The mom mostly

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by jnrbayano(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Prettyvirginia:

I sight you Engr Bayano. Ezigbo onye Abba

Babes wink
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Mosco100(m): 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
RIP
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by DanZubair(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Abba get enough professors. I've never seen a people as enlightened as these people, even the uneducated ones are wise and disciplined..they will never fight ukpo for that land and they'll still get it back!!

Rip Odelora Abba
And they are smart and kindhearted

1 Like

Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Realfrankie(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rip to the gunner
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by ngwababe(f): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=sassysure post=90562777]
My best friends FIL died yesterday.
I wonder what's happening.

Hmm[/quote

Take heart, chai!
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Ayobami7(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2020
Rip Sir
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by PropertyBuying(f): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2020
R. I. P. Prof Adichie.
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Gombecity8866: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:

Rip Odelora Abba
Odiegwu..
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by 01Kingsley: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Rest in Peace Prof
Re: James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies by Chinny024(f): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Rest in peace sir...

Lesson;
Get married to someone as you are...Some educated people end up with semi- illiterates or educated taut.. At the end,they run back to nairaland for solutions...

More Prof are on the way from Chimamanda's family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) / Broken Bottle / Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.