Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria (346 Views)

Are You Affected With Normal Or COVID-19 How To Check / Covid 419 In 9ja / 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by rejoice4eva(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Will corruption and selfishness allow Nigeria to win the battle against covid 19? Lies, breaking of rules by those who are supposed to enforce it ,secrecy and lack of transparency, lack of direction and lost of trust in the ruling government are some of the militating factors.
covid 19 in Nigeria, or covid 419?
Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Will corruption and selfishness allow Nigeria to win the battle against covid 19? Lies, breaking of rules by those who are supposed to enforce it ,secrecy and lack of transparency, lack of direction and lost of trust in the ruling government are some of the militating factors.
covid 19 in Nigeria, or covid 419?

It's Covid-19 indeed. Those factors you highlighted have nothing to do with reality. It is either there is an ongoing pandemic or there is none. That the death rate is low does not support the argument that the pandemic is unreal. The death rate is low in many other countries too especially those within the tropical zones, and majority have recorded astonishing figures of confirmed cases, but subdued fatality. They never doubt the existence of a pandemic.
If care is not taken I have the feelings that some Nigerians may pay the price of unwarranted disbelief. That you suspect your govt is corrupt or untruthful will not preclude you from getting infected if you flagrantly ignore protection measures in place.
If the government disbands the current taskforce and relaxes all restrictions, I see quite a few Nigerians having to pay through their nose to get tested before they will be attended to in any hospital. Reason? All health workers believe that Coronavirus is real, and so your unbelief will not stop any doctor from demanding you run a Covid-19 test should you present any symptoms. So in the end it is the common man who unwisely chose not to believe in the novel Coronavirus that will suffer. What does it cost anyone to believe and take measures to protect himself?
If you do not believe and you are unfortunate to visit the hospital and it is demanded that you run a Covid-19 test before you are attended to and you refuse and goes to the next hospital and up to three hospitals insist, how will your unbelief help you?
Even these days people who do not even stand the chance of contracting HIV Aids are still requested to run an HIV test to rule out HIV to enable the doctor isolate exactly what the health issues are. So why should Covid-19 be seen as different?
Whether you tag it Covid-19 or covid-419 is immaterial until you have health issues that will require you to visit the hospital, it is then you will discover that your belief or unbelief means nothing.
Wise people take advantage of the present situation to go for test when they suspect that they might have the virus now that it is FREE. I am not sure going forward the government will be able to sustain that.
So Covid-19 or covid-419, the reality is unaffected, and when you are down, you will then discover that name of the virus is not as important as you regaining your health.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by rejoice4eva(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

It's Covid-19 indeed. Those factors you highlighted have nothing to do with reality. It is either there is an ongoing pandemic or there is none. That the death rate is low does not support the argument that the pandemic is unreal. The death rate is low in many other countries too especially those within the tropical zones, and majority have recorded astonishing figures of confirmed cases, but subdued fatality. They never doubt the existence of a pandemic.
If care is not taken I have the feelings that some Nigerians may pay the price of unwarranted disbelief. That you suspect your govt is corrupt or untruthful will not preclude you from getting infected if you flagrantly ignore protection measures in place.
If the government disbands the current taskforce and relaxes all restrictions, I see quite a few Nigerians having to pay through their nose to get tested before they will be attended to in any hospital. Reason? All health workers believe that Coronavirus is real, and so your unbelief will not stop any doctor from demanding you run a Covid-19 test should you present any symptoms. So in the end it is the common man who unwisely chose not to believe in the novel Coronavirus that will suffer. What does it cost anyone to believe and take measures to protect himself?
If you do not believe and you are unfortunate to visit the hospital and it is demanded that you run a Covid-19 test before you are attended to and you refuse and goes to the next hospital and up to three hospitals insist, how will your unbelief help you?
Even these days people who do not even stand the chance of contracting HIV Aids are still requested to run an HIV test to rule out HIV to enable the doctor isolate exactly what the health issues are. So why should Covid-19 be seen as different?
Whether you tag it Covid-19 or covid-419 is immaterial until you have health issues that will require you to visit the hospital, it is then you will discover that your belief or unbelief means nothing.
Wise people take advantage of the present situation to go for test when they suspect that they might have the virus now that it is FREE. I am not sure going forward the government will be able to sustain that.
So Covid-19 or covid-419, the reality is unaffected, and when you are down, you will then discover that name of the virus is not as important as you regaining your health.
Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by rejoice4eva(m): 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

You lack adequate comprehension of the subject matter or maybe you want to be unnecessarily mischievous.
I believe more than you do on the reality of the virus.
The point I'm making is the Nigerian government epileptic approach which is worrisome.
I am not talking about individual now, but collective resonsibility. Are you aware of the various drama going on, as it affects the virus, health, doctor, Chinese Doctors, police compromise, Kogi drama etc?
Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
rejoice4eva:
You lack adequate comprehension of the subject matter or maybe you want to be unnecessarily mischievous.
I believe more than you do on the reality of the virus.
The point I'm making is the Nigerian government epileptic approach which is worrisome.
I am not talking about individual now, but collective resonsibility. Are you aware of the various drama going on, as it affects the virus, health, doctor, Chinese Doctors, police compromise, Kogi drama etc?

Oh I see you already have a mindset on the subject. But again, how do the points you raised now affect reality?
Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by rejoice4eva(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Investnow2017:

Oh I see you already have a mindset on the subject. But again, how do the points you raised now affect reality?
The reality is seen when you go outside and see how, social distance and mask usage rules are being observed. How people travel from one state to another, despite the ban. I think every reasonable and unselfish Nigerian has a reason to be worried
Re: Covid 19 Or Covid 419? In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
rejoice4eva:
The reality is seen when you go outside and see how, social distance and mask usage rules are being observed. How people travel from one state to another, despite the ban. I think every reasonable and unselfish Nigerian has a reason to be worried

The truth of the matter that has become clear to me is that the govt cannot fight the pandemic. They are just marking time pending when a vaccine would be found. While people are flagrantly flouting all the measures put in place, the very slow testing is not helping matters either.
As it stands honestly if you ask me I will suggest the govt relaxes all the restrictions, return the country to pre-covid-19 status and let the citizens be.
The secretiveness with which the whole affair is being managed is unbecoming. People want to see what is actually going on INSIDE the isolation centres but nothing is being made public. The whole affair is disheartening. I have said it time and again that unless the govt work hard to beat the virus of disbelief and mistrust in the handling of this pandemic, the battle, if any exist, will be futile. I think we are gradually coming to that. I hear the interstate lockdown only exist for those who not have cash, and if this is true, how the govt still have not known by this time beats my imagination.

(1) (Reply)

Farrakhan Tells African Leaders, Reject Bill Gate Vaccine Or Regret For Ever / Avoid Visits To Hospitals Amid Covid-19 Pandemic NMA Urges / Ilorin Blue-eyed Family: I Was Told Its Congenital Cataract – Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.