Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder (567 Views)

A Pastor Said I Was A Witch Because Of My Big Eyeballs During Deliverance - Lady / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Demzlent(m): 11:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
Note: this is not a news, it is a true-life story Posted on marriage seminar group on Facebook

Good day, please post for me and hide my ID.

I will be 38 by November. My pastor told me about a guy that is ready for marriage, we are of same denomination but different churches, the guy is same age with me but his birthday is February, a meeting was arranged.

I and the guy met in my pastor's office, am a BSC holder, while the guy ended schooling in JSS 3, he does roofing work and also have bike for commercial purpose, where he lives is a semi village, where I live is a town compared to where he lives, my problem is this, how can I cope with a JS 3 holder?

He said he can't come to rent house in town because of marriage, though I have been praying about it for God will to be done.

Brothers and sisters please advise me I am confused, I don't want people to think that I am selective, if you were in my shoes what will you do? Anybody with similar experience in marriage, please share.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Demzlent:

Brothers and sisters please advise me I am confused, I don't want people to think that I am selective, if you were in my shoes what will you do? Anybody with similar experience in marriage, please share.
How do people even get to the point where another mere human whose only claim to fame is having a tag "pastor" appended/prepended to his name gets to have this much sway in their lives? undecided undecided undecided

The worst is that Jesus Christ warned against letting such things happen to you in His name, some 2000 years ago, and yet here we are. undecided

2 Likes

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by spinna: 12:06am On Jun 12, 2020
dont do it..live life love will come
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by petra1(m): 4:44am On Jun 12, 2020
Nothing is wrong with graduate marrying school cert holder or less . Some have done it . Also there are school cert holder that are very sound and enlightened even more than some so called graduate. Sometimes we consider people opinion and criticism . Follow your heart.

Also someone should not marry who he or she is not comfortable with .

The issue about the Pastor should not have been Posted without details . What's your relationship with the Pastor,I'd he advising you as a man, father figure? what kind of person is he. Is he he a graduate himself . Is he operating by prophetic gift to you and if that's the case , what is the track record of his prophecies.

If you post half truth you cant get proper counsel except counsel that your post projects you want. Which is to condemn the fake pastor
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Demzlent:
Note: this is not a news, it is a true-life story Posted on marriage seminar group on Facebook

I will be 38 by November. My pastor told me about a guy that is ready for marriage, we are of same denomination but different churches, the guy is same age with me but his birthday is February, a meeting was arranged.

I and the guy met in my pastor's office, am a BSC holder, while the guy ended schooling in JSS 3, he does roofing work and also have bike for commercial purpose, where he lives is a semi village, where I live is a town compared to where he lives, my problem is this, how can I cope with a JS 3 holder?

He said he can't come to rent house in town because of marriage, though I have been praying about it for God will to be done.

No try am o
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by RZArecta(m): 6:20am On Jun 12, 2020
Listen to me very carefully, marriage is not by pastors choice or “pastor said”, marriage is something of the heart and you have to be very careful with it before you get into a life of misery where you can’t jump out of easily. I know a lady who’s pastor match-made her with her now ex husband, it was five years of hell because they were never compatible from day one while they only made love three times in that five years that led to their children. Please, know what you want in a man, improve your social life and God will send you your own man. Suffering is not your portion in Jesus name amen

Ps; I’m not saying this JS3 guy is a bad man or won’t be able to provide for you. All I’m saying is know what you want in a man/marriage instead of regretting when it’s too late
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2020
some of our pastors sef, please use your head
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by frank317: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2020
Stupid people everywhere... U are a BSc holder and a pastor is telling u who u will marry. My sister u deserve to marry a shoe maker, the ones that hawk their services with the tool kits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by hahn(m): 7:42am On Jun 12, 2020
frank317:
Stupid people everywhere... U are a BSc holder and a pastor is telling u who u will marry. My sister u deserve to marry a shoe maker, the ones that hawk their services with the tool kits.

Why are you insulting shoe makers?

On behalf of all the shoemakers we pass her on to those guys who buy and sell scrap iron

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Omar09(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2020
hahn:

On behalf of all the shoemakers we pass her on to those guys who buy and sell scrap iron

On behalf of those who buy and sell scrap iron, we pass her to those guys who evacuates sucker away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Gentle0wavez: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2020
At 38 you shouldn't be saying this. First of all certificate doesn't matter, there is nothing wrong with anybody linking you up with another, be it your parents, siblings, pastor, friends or enemies. Just know that the final decision to stay with that person is your own to make

1 Like

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Gentle0wavez: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2020
Omar09:

On behalf of those who buy and sell scrap iron, we pass her to those guys who evacuates sucker away.

On behalf of those who evacuate sucker away, we pass her to yahoo boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by gentlestdude(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2020
My own is why should your pastor be the one to choose who you're gonna marry
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by frank317: 10:50am On Jun 12, 2020
gentlestdude:
My own is why should your pastor be the one to choose who you're gonna marry

Imagine... A 38years old so called BSc holder does not know what she wants in a man and is looking up to her pastor to tell her to marry someone. And she wonders why she is still single and searching... Men obviously know they don't want a dullard for a wife.

1 Like

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by hoopernikao: 10:53am On Jun 12, 2020
A generation of quick fingers to type without reasoning or sound thinking.

Always quick to respond and to pass judgement.

Intellectuals without intellect, first in speed but last in discernment. Without details or having heard from both parties on issues, they will rather serve you quick what they can never eat or loved others to serve them (judging them without hearing them). Some will even use bible, claiming the spirit yet without the spirit, quoting Jesus yet leaving Jesus out. What a big shame.

May God deliver us.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2020
Demzlent:

You will go to Hellfire!

You will burn inside Hellfire!

You will be tormented forever in Hellfire!

If you don't obey the voice of your Pastor!

Stupid people. If their useless Pastors tells them things that's sweet in their hearts they will not ask for other people's opinion but when it's the other way round, their so called man of God will be less relevant in making decisions for them!

I'm a JW and i don't believe in Hellfire but because you're not obeying the word of the so called man of God that you've been obeying all these while before now, God will specially prepared a place for you and it will be hotter than the lake of fire, that's where you're going to spend all eternity! cheesy
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by JourneytoEL(f): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2020
it depends on the track record of the prophetic gift of the pastor and she also needs to seek the opinion of God. my cousin that is a graduate married a guy that stopped at Jss3, everyone including her parents were insulting her for leaving a lawyer to marry a non graduate. Today, her husband is one of the biggest building materials dealers in Nigeria. He made my cousin finish her PhD and she became the youngest "Dr" in the family. she is currently a lecturer and her hubby gave her a school to run. I don't know about the whereabout of the lawyer sha but I'm not sure she would be balling the way she balling now.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Martinez39s(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Don't listen to the pastor. Marry the person you like. By nature, the person you like is the one with money; that's why you are in conflict even with the "divine" utterance of your beloved and revered pastor whom you look up to for "divine" utterances in other aspects.

Don't marry that guy because you won't be happy with him. Finally, God is nonexistent.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by meetme01: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Pastor? Hmm.. You ladies still haven't learnt that Pastors are human like you.

Listen and follow your own mind and heart.

Do not attach your marriage with any damn saying.

You own your life. You know your God. Talk to your own God. Ask him to show you your man with signs you present.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by hoopernikao: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Martinez39s:
Don't listen to the pastor. Marry the person you like. By nature, the person you like is the one with money; that's why you are in conflict even with the "divine" utterance of your beloved and revered pastor whom you look up to for "divine" utterances in other aspects.

Don't marry that guy because you won't be happy with him. Finally, God is nonexistent.

So you think he should listen to you that have never seen him before nor added anything to his life or may likely not add in a lifetime?

You will rather have him do that? Aren't you doing the same thing the Pastor intend to do now but in a destructive way. A man gave you a quick story you don't find meaning in asking him more details but quick to make judgement because it's pastor or what? If he has mentioned his parent, would you have said the same?

So much of rush blood.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by hoopernikao: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
meetme01:
Pastor? Hmm.. You ladies still haven't learnt that Pastors are human like you.

Listen and follow your own mind and heart.

Do not attach your marriage with any damn saying.

You own your life. You know your God. Talk to your own God. Ask him to show you your man with signs you present.

So he shouldn't listen to anyone yet you advise?
Hell is were you are leading him to.
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
hahn:

cheesygrincheesygrin

@OP, if you are a child of God, God already gave you a guide of your own in the person of the Spirit of God Himself. You do not need to listen ti anyone else, even if the person claims ro be a prophet. Ask the apostle John , in 1 john about the teacher that Christ gave you to teach you all things.

God does not provide his prophets to be oracles to those who have His Spirit living inside of them. If yiu doubt it, read the book of Acts and see where Paul ignored the advice and warnings of many a prophet so He could do the will of God. undecided

Now if you went to your pastor to be your matchmaker, that is a whole nother story ! grin cheesy in that case, i would say your matchmaker has spoken, so what is your play? grin
Re: True-life Story: I Am A B.sc Holder, My Pastor Said I Should Marry JSS 3 Holder by judedwriter(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hmmm.... undecided

Dear op, here are two facts you must understand about marriage:

1. Marriage is excellent and a serious blessing from God but is also a big risk.....are you prepared to take a risk?

Are you 100% sure of the spiritual growth of your partner? If your partner is a spiritual baby or a carnal Christian, you have battles to fight in your marriage.

2. Marriage is optional. Please nobody should force you into marriage you aren't 100% sure of. This is why I don't feel good about match making. God is the perfect match maker.

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Spiritual Husband- One Of The Reasons Behind Divorces / Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? / Reason Why Some People Prayers Are Not Easily Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.