Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu (15416 Views)

N1.3 Trillion: 'Nigeria More Corrupt Now Than During My 5-Year Term' - Jonathan / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate / Bede Chukwuekezie Brutalized By Governor Ugwuanyi's Police In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by costandi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
OEPHIUS, if it becomes glaring to you that your job is dishonourable, the best thing to do is to resign to save your face. Those pictures are the best you could produce throughout Ugwuanyi's disgraceful regime? How sad!
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by MhiztaRange(m): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
No be true abegi, the man na scam, no notable achievements in 5years. Compare him with his counterpart in Ebonyi state
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Ikpeazu come see your mate o, see state wey dem no mention for bible.

But OP true true, he did all this abi na audio, people from Enugu is this true?

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
MhiztaRange:
No be true abegi, the man na scam, no notable achievements in 5years. Compare him with his counterpart in Ebonyi state

I thought as much. That Umahi dem say e dey try o, I go like visit Ebonyi state
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by KGREAT(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I am a witness to most of these projects.

Ugwuanyi might not be the best but surely not the worst. This is what I know.

Most critics do not know that Enugu does not start and end in the city.

A lot of neglected rural dwellers exists who ere remembered in his administration.

All I ask him to do again is to construct flyover bridge in Enugu and Nsukka at strategic places.
uhm!!! special adviser on media
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by NisforNicky: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Come ooh this road that is meandering like Laslas's snake, what stops them from cutting it straight through to safe time and money.

obviously you have never been to enugu

smh
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by PotatoSalad(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Apc zombie doing his job
The governor is useless. You don't know till you visit the state. Forget all these propaganda

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Amudeneogu: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Buy primary school teachers, the local government employees, and the retired workers are all lamenting that their entitlement has not been paid to them for a long time again, no single industry was built in Enugu state rather government are busy erecting estates at all corners of the state and sharing them to their fellow politicians,
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I am a witness to most of these projects.

Ugwuanyi might not be the best but surely not the worst. This is what I know.

Most critics do not know that Enugu does not start and end in the city.

A lot of neglected rural dwellers exists who ere remembered in his administration.

All I ask him to do again is to construct flyover bridge in Enugu and Nsukka at strategic places.

You have just said what any sensible person who knows Enugu very well should say.
Gburugburu has certainly tried.
As in he has tried to keep things on an average routine level.
The pace of growth is certainly not as aggressive as Umahi's.
Yet, it would be insincere for anyone to go on an all-out condemnation of his administration.

Ebonyi State right now is the darling state in Igboland.
I have personally toured Umahi's Ebonyi
and I can tell you for free that whatever Ugwuanyi has achieved in Enugu State immediately pales into shadows when placed side-by-side with the kind of things Dave Umahi has wrought in Ebonyi.
And yet Enugu earns more than Ebonyi in both federal allocation and internally generated revenue.
On a scale of 10, Gburugburu should be given 5 marks.
That's fair enough.

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Zeal0000007:
Wow my governor has really done well though It didn't end well between us when I served in his village as a youth corper, I'm gifted in arts, though I did engineering, I spent over 50k, did jobs that he didn't send me but just to appreciate him and I was expectant. I took risk, he collected the gifts and was very happy he promised to call but unfortunately till date he has not called till I left the place since 2018. When ever I see his pictures I have mixed feelings.

Your work is beautiful.
You said it was a gift you presented to him.
You should be grateful he accepted it.
Quit grumbling already.
It was not a Greek gift, was it ?
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
PotatoSalad:

The governor is useless. You don't know till you visit the state. Forget all these propaganda

Which state do u reside?
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Bestvicky16(f): 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
So what do you want us to do with this news? Did he use his money to execute all these projects? Is he not supposed to do even more than these? Why are people praising him for doing his job? Some Nigerians sef can be very funny and annoying at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by PeaceNexus(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Well done Gburugburu. You have done well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by BonPatrick(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
The most useless governor ever in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by vaca1: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
caleboxylic:
Ugwuanyi is a thief. He has constructed a single dual road of 12km with minor bridges in 5 years.

This is what idiots are praising him for.

Compare what Ugwuanyi achieved with Dave or Obiano achievements and you will see who is a bigger thief. God will punish him for reversing Enugu state development and growth.

Umahi's three interchanges with dual lane of 22km in Abakiliki cost more than all the road projects this dunce did in Enugu.

We talk about education, Dave's school of nursing and EBSU college of medine in uburu defeats all the nonsense they are praising Ugwuanyi for.

Just look at the township stadium at nsukka and the one Dave built in abakiliki. Ugwuanyi is a thief.

Take a look at the Airport going on in Abakiliki and tell us what Ugwuanyi has achieved.

Take a look at the abakiliki international market and abakiliki shopping malls. What has Ugwuanyi done with over 700 billion naira budgeted in the past five years?

Ugwuanyi won't escape prison nor prosecution.

Tell them oo. Stupid governor
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Tinyemeka(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
I've got a work colleague from Nsukka that is even ashamed of Ugwuanyi's performance. We all know these.

Take the pedestrian crossing at Ogbete for instance. Imagine using 3 carpenters on day job to construct an overhead pedestrian crossing, in the middle of town!

Enugu township roads have all been decaying over time since Ugwuanyi took over. Not to mention the legion of ass-licking, fake praise singers mounting billboards everywhere and defacing the aesthetics of the town. We never saw all these rubbish during Sullivan's time. He just worked. Silently.

Gburugburu is a big disappointment. Everyone knows that.

2 Likes

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by blastac: 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
E no get governor way Enugu people hate pass this man.. people are saying LG area, abeg which of the LGA apart from Nsukka he don work
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Tinyemeka(m): 7:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Come ooh this road that is meandering like Laslas's snake, what stops them from cutting it straight through to safe time and money.

Google hairpin bends.

The road was constructed on the Milliken Hill during the colonial times and has many sharp bends to accommodate the steep angle of the hill's slope.

It would be extremely costly and resource-consuming to build the road across the hill face, so the road is built to follow the slope of the hill.

I ply that route everyday to work. Quite a thrilling experience if I should add, with occasional sightings of Rhesus monkeys and pythons crossing the road. smiley
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Okiibe(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

If you know that place and ply the road, you can but appreciate the ingenuity in the work.

What you see from upper camera does not in any way depict the ground nature or formation of the place.

It was formerly called "agba-ekpere-chi" because of the danger it posed to motorists. But Gov. Ugwuanyi's work here reduced the danger to the bearest minimum.

Lastly, a journey that was supposed to take 50minutes from Enugu to 9th mile now take less than 15 minutes.

Thank God for Gburu-gburu
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by AmazingELixir: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Okiibe:

If you know that place and ply the road, you can but appreciate the ingenuity in the work.

What you see from upper camera does not in any way depict the ground nature or formation not the place.

It was formerly called "agba-ekpere-chi because of the danger it posed to motorists. But Gov. Ugwuanyi's work here reduced the danger to the bearest minimum.

Lastly, a journey that was supposed to take 50minutes from Enugu to 9th mile now take less than 15 minutes.

Thank God for Gburu-gburu

Thanks for the clarification...wetin person no sabi big pass am..

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by OVB123: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
paulolee:

sorry abt dt...dts ma opinion...mayb i shud edit bcox other people dt mentioned said same thing that they are all the same...ma bad
U better do immediately.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by AmazingELixir: 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tinyemeka:

Google hairpin bends.

The road was constructed on the Milliken Hill during the colonial times and has many sharp bends to accommodate the steep angle of the hill's slope.

It would be extremely costly and resource-consuming to build the road across the hill face, so the road is built to follow the slope of the hill.

I ply that route everyday to work. Quite a thrilling experience if I should add, with occasional sightings of Rhesus monkeys and pythons crossing the road. smiley

Ooh thanks bruv for the clarification.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Banmeallday: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Imagine 5 years of this filthy woman governor

Chei for Ndigbo
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Tinyemeka(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:

Ooh thanks bruv for the clarification.

You're welcome!
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by chiol: 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ugwuoke347:

You have just said what any sensible person who knows Enugu very well should say.
Yet, it would be insincere for anyone to go on an all-out condemnation of his administration.

and I can tell you for free that whatever Ugwuanyi has achieved in Enugu State immediately pales into shadows when placed side-by-side with the kind of things Dave Umahi has wrought in Ebonyi.
And yet Enugu earns more than Ebonyi in both federal allocation and internally generated revenue.
That's fair enough.

Where did you visit in Ebonyi when you toured the state? Outside Abakaliki, where other places did you tour? What are the developments in Ebonyi? Is it the substandard concrete roads (that wears off new tires in a month) and unnecessary substandard flyovers, being planned, executed and supervised alone by the governor? Even the materials are sourced by him alone, thereby monopolizing every economic activity in the state.

It's high time we realized that states are not just few local governments that make up the state capitals. Ebonyi has 13 LGAs but only Abakaliki and Ebonyi LGAs are taking over 90% of the developmental projects while the remaining majority are given little or no projects. Worse still, these neglected LGAs' allocations are being used by the governor to develop only the state capital.

People in Enugu city (made up of three LGAs) feel that Enugu state is just the capital city. Forgetting that the state is made up of 17 LGAs. Sullivan concentrated mainly on the capital city and people there want the trend to continue.

Governors should try and balance their projects and not developing only the state capitals.

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Justice35: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Please that road construction of neke- mbu ogbodu aba please which part of mbu did the road pass?? Because I never see any road wey pass mbu go ogbodu aba....
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by MhiztaRange(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
Fair enough kee you there, is he not paid as well as his Ebonyi counterpart? Why are Nigerians like this? Suffering and smiling. Why should Enugu people settle for less? Hell, why should we as Nigerians settle for less? Are these so called Nigerian politicians not paid their salaries and even elected on a promise to do these things that we are not satisfied that they should do?
Ugwuoke347:

That's fair enough.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by slysteel: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
pacino26:
This guy got the most difficult job to do; lying.

The dishonorable commissioner for information was roasted during the popular political voices phone in program hosted by Dream FM. He even listed a 600meters road badly done as a 5km road.

My cousin went to UNTH and God saved his life. All the budget for Covid 19 response in UNTH is a farce.

Ugwuanyi has no legacy project and his praise singers know this including the Op.

OEPHIUS free to challenge me with facts.

That Ugwuanyi got 95% returning vote is not out of love or acceptance but for the factvthat there is no strong opposition in Enugu. He only rehabilitates roads and call them newly constructed.

I don't want to mention what he has reduced our local government chairmen to.
Not that i support that governor but UNTH belongs to federal govt not enugu govt
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by scantee(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Pensionless Governor, since this man took over Enugu state he is yet to pay pension, something former Governor chime don't joke about.

Ugwuanyi is useless, he is only working for Nsukka people.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
MhiztaRange:
Fair enough kee you there, is he not paid as well as his Ebonyi counterpart? Why are Nigerians like this? Suffering and smiling. Why should Enugu people settle for less? Hell, why should we as Nigerians settle for less? Are these so called Nigerian politicians not paid their salaries and even elected on a promise to do these things that we are not satisfied that they should do?

It appears you have comprehension problem.
I said that giving Gburugburu 5 marks out of 10 is a fair assessment of his performance.
How did that elicit the bile you piled up there?
Go purge yourself of bitterness so that you can see and think clearly for good.

If the man has not performed up to popular expectations does that mean he has not performed at all?
It costs nothing to be objective.

Repeat:
On a scale of 10, Gburugburu has scored 5.
That means he has so much work to do.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
chiol:

Where did you visit in Ebonyi when you toured the state? Outside Abakaliki, where other places did you tour? What are the developments in Ebonyi? Is it the substandard concrete roads (that wears off new tires in a month) and unnecessary substandard flyovers, being planned, executed and supervised alone by the governor? Even the materials are sourced by him alone, thereby monopolizing every economic activity in the state.

It's high time we realized that states are not just few local governments that make up the state capitals. Ebonyi has 13 LGAs but only Abakaliki and Ebonyi LGAs are taking over 90% of the developmental projects while the remaining majority are given little or no projects. Worse still, these neglected LGAs' allocations are being used by the governor to develop only the state capital.

People in Enugu city (made up of three LGAs) feel that Enugu state is just the capital city. Forgetting that the state is made up of 17 LGAs. Sullivan concentrated mainly on the capital city and people there want the trend to continue.

Governors should try and balance their projects and not developing only the state capitals.

I owe you no explanation.
And yet I will oblige you with the detail you seek.

I have been to the following places:

Afikpo North and South.
Abakaliki.
Ohaozara.
Ezza South.
Ishielu.
Ebonyi.
Onisha.

They are all LGAs in Ebonyi State.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by mrkings84(m): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

The depth of the valley pit in that middle is about 4 electric poles.... Don't even go there!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Of Rep Approves Jonathan's $1 Billion Loan Request / IBB Praises Buhari Fight Against Corruption And Insurgency - Daily Trust / Nasarawa Assembly Asks CJ To Disband Impeachment Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.