Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu (15418 Views)

N1.3 Trillion: 'Nigeria More Corrupt Now Than During My 5-Year Term' - Jonathan / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ugwuanyi & Anayo Nwosu, His Classmate / Bede Chukwuekezie Brutalized By Governor Ugwuanyi's Police In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Hullabaloon: 12:39am On Jun 13, 2020
Tinyemeka:

Google hairpin bends.

The road was constructed on the Milliken Hill during the colonial times and has many sharp bends to accommodate the steep angle of the hill's slope.

It would be extremely costly and resource-consuming to build the road across the hill face, so the road is built to follow the slope of the hill.

I ply that route everyday to work. Quite a thrilling experience if I should add, with occasional sightings of Rhesus monkeys and pythons crossing the road. smiley

Are you from Ngwo?

You seem very brilliant and enlightened smiley

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Kisjay21: 2:32am On Jun 13, 2020
ugwu unu.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Kisjay21: 2:42am On Jun 13, 2020
UGWU UNU
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by pacino26(m): 4:15am On Jun 13, 2020
slysteel:
Not that i support that governor but UNTH belongs to federal govt not enugu govt

That I know bro, but the guy man add am for covid 19 budget.

Op una pedestrian bridge don collapse for Agbani road o! You need open a thread for it. We should celebrate the carpenter living in the Lion building.

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by PureGoldh(m): 6:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Elan83:
Completely absolutely failure! aside from land grabbing, excessive eating, womanizing & alcoholism nothing else! very inept & clueless. another version of Buhari

Nwanne...Buhari better pass Dat man
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by PureGoldh(m): 6:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Tinyemeka:
I've got a work colleague from Nsukka that is even ashamed of Ugwuanyi's performance. We all know these.

Take the pedestrian crossing at Ogbete for instance. Imagine using 3 carpenters on day job to construct an overhead pedestrian crossing, in the middle of town!

Enugu township roads have all been decaying over time since Ugwuanyi took over. Not to mention the legion of ass-licking, fake praise singers mounting billboards everywhere and defacing the aesthetics of the town. We never saw all these rubbish during Sullivan's time. He just worked. Silently.

Gburugburu is a big disappointment. Everyone knows that.

Nwanne m... anybody that will make use of those Poorly constructed crossover is doing that at his own peril.....even the handrails no make sense at all....I just pray we won't have any fall off case(s)

Even his kindreds don reject am cos his own is to just snatch away people's property....Demolish people's structures and make life unbearable for some individuals
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by chiol: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2020
Ugwuoke347:

I owe you no explanation.
And yet I will oblige you with the detail you seek.

I have been to the following places:

Afikpo North and South.
Abakaliki.
Ohaozara.
Ezza South.
Ishielu.
Ebonyi.
Onisha.

They are all LGAs in Ebonyi State.

And what are the projects you saw apart from substandard concrete roads without asphalt? Are you aware that Afikpo north, Afikpo south, Ohaozara, Ivo, etc have no electricity since 2015? Afikpo north with monthly allocation of about 100 million has been unable to fix the electric transformer inside their premises since 2014 because governor is using their allocations to develop Abakaliki?

Afikpo suppose to be the second city in the state but the place is now a ghost of itself. Everybody there is now relocating to Abakaliki because life is no longer bearable there. Apart from Ohaozara, his LG that he moved the state teaching hospital and school of nursing to, which other projects did you see in those LGAs?
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Barryseal: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Okiibe:

If you know that place and ply the road, you can but appreciate the ingenuity in the work.

What you see from upper camera does not in any way depict the ground nature or formation of the place.

It was formerly called "agba-ekpere-chi" because of the danger it posed to motorists. But Gov. Ugwuanyi's work here reduced the danger to the bearest minimum.

Lastly, a journey that was supposed to take 50minutes from Enugu to 9th mile now take less than 15 minutes.

Thank God for Gburu-gburu
Enugu to 9th mile supposed to be a 50 minutes journey? WTF?!
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Ugwuoke347(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2020
chiol:

And what are the projects you saw apart from substandard concrete roads without asphalt? Are you aware that Afikpo north, Afikpo south, Ohaozara, Ivo, etc have no electricity since 2015? Afikpo north with monthly allocation of about 100 million has been unable to fix the electric transformer inside their premises since 2014 because governor is using their allocations to develop Abakaliki?

Afikpo suppose to be the second city in the state but the place is now a ghost of itself. Everybody there is now relocating to Abakaliki because life is no longer bearable there. Apart from Ohaozara, his LG that he moved the state teaching hospital and school of nursing to, which other projects did you see in those LGAs?

Your mind is clearly in negative mode:
See no good; speak no good.
These places I mentioned all have visible evidence of seriousness in governance.
If you cannot see them, then you need help.
I will not reply you again.

2 Likes

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Babisha10(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Unarguably one of the best governor in the country but i pray that God gives him a child cos pple have mock him alot...
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by chiol: 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ugwuoke347:

Your mind is clearly in negative mode:
See no good; speak no good.
These places I mentioned all have visible evidence of seriousness in governance.
If you cannot see them, then you need help.
I will not reply you again.

You would have listed the projects you saw, outside the substandard concrete roads. I live in Afikpo and I have been paying about 50k tax monthly to the state government, yet I spend over 30k burning fuel monthly to provide electricity for myself. After paying the tax, I provide electricity, water and other amenities by myself and people are praising him for enriching himself through the concrete projects.
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Okiibe(m): 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2020
Barryseal:

Enugu to 9th mile supposed to be a 50 minutes journey? WTF?!

You should know that the main highway of Enugu-Onisha coming into the metropolis from ninth mile used to be a dangerous slope and goes with too much inconvenience.

It has been dilapidated for long, necessitating the intervention of the state government. Please go use that road and inform us how long it took you.

1 Like

Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Tinyemeka(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hullabaloon:

Are you from Ngwo?

You seem very brilliant and enlightened smiley

LOL. I'm not actually, but my office is.

Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by Hullabaloon: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Tinyemeka:

LOL. I'm not actually, but my office is.

Thanks for the compliment. smiley

That's my villa. Where do you work?
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by 1ya4ga5: 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
I am a witness to most of these projects.

Ugwuanyi might not be the best but surely not the worst. This is what I know.

Most critics do not know that Enugu does not start and end in the city.

A lot of neglected rural dwellers exists who ere remembered in his administration.

All I ask him to do again is to construct flyover bridge in Enugu and Nsukka at strategic places.
Don't mind them...they stay in their parlour and expect to see those projects and the money spent...Any traveler knows Ugwuanyi has done better than almost governors in Nigeria...That road leading to Eha amufu college of education alone is a massive stuff...I almost injured inside bus going through that road...They think it ends in Enugu city...
Re: Highlight Of Governor Ugwuanyi's 5 Year Term In Enugu by 1ya4ga5: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
PureGoldh:

Nwanne...am from Nsukka....Ukehe to be precise

But I like saying the truth against all odds...even Nsukka indigenes don't like him...he is not doing any work in Enugu State
Speak for ur self sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SDP (Olu Falae's Party) Endorses President Goodluck Jonathan / How Tinubu, PDP Governors Betrayed Yorubas At National Confab - Afenifere / Rochas Okorocha Sworn-In As Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.