Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why (68734 Views)

Zombie Virus Asleep For 50,000 Years In Russia Awakened By Scientists (Photos) / Kangaroo Rescued From Freezing Lake in Australia (Pix, Video) / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
h
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by EzzyCarter: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Transgender lake grin. If humans can switch sexes, then what's stopping a lake ? cheesy
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by SultanOfAbia: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hh
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by landforeast(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Science will tell
Meanwhile safeguard your hard earned money invest in Real Estate
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by RealLordZeus(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Oya! The end time crew
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by AmazingELixir: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
lipsrsealed

That's disaster waiting to happen ...there is probability of a high build up of trapped gases in it or an alge bloom.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by DEROX: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
[i][/i] GODS WORK
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by snoopanddre(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Really, the end is here no matter what the reason may be.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Elmander1983(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by bamasite2: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Too much sense no go kill you grin
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by sexylassie2(f): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
a lake like this exist in africa..... Lake Retba in senegal

i guess it has do with salt and a bateria Dunaliella salina bacteria

pink colour is caused by the Dunaliella salina bacteria, which is attracted by the lake's salt content. The bacteria produces a red pigment in order to absorb the sunlight, thus giving the lake its unique colour

2 Likes

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Bobbyfreshhh: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy

Slawormir used to say no matter how high we are we can never be like the most high.....

Bro leave that shit you smoking it ain't good for your health
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by supereagle(m): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Is the world up to that?
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Coldie(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All this scientist no go find cure for covik19, dem dey here dey bother themselves with pink lake.

All the Jujus and ogboni wey Indian people dem serve...maybe na one of dem turn the water to pink

But my priest for Aba cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...(lord of the seas) can help you guys out with prayers, casting & binding.

Modified: Somebody just dey yarn me just now say money dey for FTC abi FTC...wetin im call am?...so make I drop my bitcoin address? Bvn number? Abi bank account number?
An average warri person dae talk like fool I no know y....
From efe to omashola to u
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Orubebe01: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
They are Aba made scientists. Real scientists knows why.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by RPG2020(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Where is the Pink?
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by ireonGee(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Awoleesu(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
From the photo, it looks like an ox bow lake. If that's the situation, then the colour may be due to volcanic activity.
Perhaps a dormant volcano is having a mix of cooled magma...
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by lomprico(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
bacteria
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
Coldie:

An average warri person dae talk like fool I no know y....
From efe to omashola to u

Na today you know....abeg shift, make I no transfer my aggression give you
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by maleekstarboy1: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Cisco-torch is a kali linux, Ubuntu debian tools that is used for hacking and giving maximum scanning efficiency.

Cisco-torch allows forking and this gives the ability to run multiple scanning processes on backgrounds.

Servers Cisco-torch allows you to Scan
Cisco-torch uses different methods of application layer fingerprinting, Cisco-torch also allows you to discover remote Host like, Telnet, SSH, NTP, Web and SNMP services and this allows you to exploit Target (dictionary attack).

https://www.thecomputersecurity.com/2020/06/how-to-install-cisco-torch-on-kali.html

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by TheSourcerer: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
Poshriel:
The end is near
truly the end is near my sister and the worst part is all this sinful comments all over the thread .
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by chipet67(m): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
The lake has been there for ages, I was taught in secondary School many years ago about this lake called "Pink Lake". Op don't make it look as if it turned pink today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by segebase(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
It can be cure for corona self if people drink it
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
END TIME Signs!
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Ajsmart(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
Notice how Nairaland’s “geophysicists” can’t give an answer to why the lake turned pink because their Oyinbo masters have declared they don’t understand why either. The local “geophysicists” can only echo what their masters say or write.

If their Oyinbo masters claim tomorrow that it turned pink because a 500 trillion year old dinosaur spat or peed in it, our local “geophysicists” will create a million thread to support their master’s theories grin

iwaeda:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/11/asia/lake-lonar-pink-india-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Heffalump(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Na sacrifice! Trust Indians on this undecided

There must be blood in the water shocked
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Vulcan24(m): 1:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tbasicme:
The cause of this is the presence of an algae called Dunaliella salina. It is a species in the family of green algae that lives in salt water and utilizes sun light to produce carotenoids especially Beta carotene(Red coloured) which inturn gives the water a red coloration.

tnk u before one indaboski carry all em ppl go dey bathe with blood of Jesus
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by comfort212: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by emkz: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All this scientist no go find cure for covik19, dem dey here dey bother themselves with pink lake.

All the Jujus and ogboni wey Indian people dem serve...maybe na one of dem turn the water to pink

But my priest for Aba cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...(lord of the seas) can help you guys out with prayers, casting & binding.

Modified: Somebody just dey yarn me just now say money dey for FTC abi FTC...wetin im call am?...so make I drop my bitcoin address? Bvn number? Abi bank account number?

Modified 2: He say na 'First to Comment' oya now make ona fast, who dey send the money? But wait o, hope say this guy no dey whine me o

Industrial effluents, mining waste, chemicals not properly disposed can find their way through the subsoil to contaminate the freshwater supply. It is important to understand what may have entered the lake to prevent an epidemic.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Wawelexy(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / The Sciences Discussion Thread. / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.