Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why (68752 Views)

Zombie Virus Asleep For 50,000 Years In Russia Awakened By Scientists (Photos) / Kangaroo Rescued From Freezing Lake in Australia (Pix, Video) / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
many river change color during dry season here in Nigeria
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
emkz:

Industrial effluents, mining waste, chemicals not properly disposed can find their way through the subsoil to contaminate the freshwater supply. It is important to understand what may have entered the lake to prevent an epidemic.

Professor, I greet you. Migwo sir
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Tbasicme: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Vulcan24:

tnk u before one indaboski carry all em ppl go dey bathe with blood of Jesus

Abi na.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by jaxxy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Another hoax
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Tbasicme: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
sexylassie2:
a lake like this exist in africa..... Lake Retba in senegal

i guess it has do with salt and a bateria Dunaliella salina bacteria

pink colour is caused by the Dunaliella salina bacteria, which is attracted by the lake's salt content. The bacteria produces a red pigment in order to absorb the sunlight, thus giving the lake its unique colour

Sir pls don't misinform the public. Dunaliela Salina is an Algae and not bacteria like you aveerred.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by LINTUNE(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Experts believe that the change is likely due to either increased salinity in the water, the presence of algae or a combination of both

Then why the headline come say expert don know why
I thought the expert were completely in the dark concerning the issue
See as i Rush enter the topic make i come educate them before. I nor know say the expert know wetin cause am.

Anyway make i still drop wetin I know
Na Dunaliella salina cause am through oxidation and reduction. Dunaliella salina is a type of algae that produces carotenoids
Oh! My weed. You still make remember oxidation and reduction for biology and chemistry that year. I will continue to smoke till the end of time
mad man
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
they should quickly isolate that lake incase it's infected with some virus .
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by wedear: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
wedear
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy
grin grin grin grin

You dey mind all these pagans-turned scientists?

Same people said there was no exodus of israelite from Egypt and the red sea was shallow as of that time as agents of denudation had not encroached on it then, which was why they successfully crossed the red sea but when same people were asked why did Egyptian soldiers and their chariots(part of which they found its relics during their expedition in the read sea) perished in same shallow red sea, they became dumbfounded. A few moment later when they didn't know what next to say, they said there was no exodus in the first place...confused people, set awon adorun m'otito grin
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by 99thEnemy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
DJ Cuppy. What have you done?
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by iwaeda: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ajsmart:

Notice how Nairaland’s “geophysicists” can’t give an answer to why the lake turned pink because their Oyinbo masters have declared they don’t understand why either. The local “geophysicists” can only echo what their masters say or write.

If their Oyinbo masters claim tomorrow that it turned pink because a 500 trillion year old dinosaur spat or peed in it, our local “geophysicists” will create a million thread to support their master’s theories grin

Laughing out loudly
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by emkz: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ajsmart:

Notice how Nairaland’s “geophysicists” can’t give an answer to why the lake turned pink because their Oyinbo masters have declared they don’t understand why either. The local “geophysicists” can only echo what their masters say or write.

If their Oyinbo masters claim tomorrow that it turned pink because a 500 trillion year old dinosaur spat or peed in it, our local “geophysicists” will create a million thread to support their master’s theories grin

I am not a geophysicist, but having done some work on tectonophysics, I can lend some help.

First, no scientist would come out and conclusively tell you why that lake is pink. "Nairaland geophysiciats" would not do that. Any geophysical or scientific conclusion must be backed with data. Therein comes the scientific approach. You must take samples and analyse their chemical composition, and have your suspicions to validate or invalidate. It's similar to when you visit a doctor and he'd ask you questions, take some basic data like your temperature and blood pressure before sending you to the lab for your blood to be taken to look for strains of HIV, lack of vitamins, cholesterol level, for example. He must understand your ailment to know what to treat.

If you recall, when we saw something that looked like an impact crater in Ondo State, the Police claimed they were transporting explosives which exploded and created the crater. Professor Abraham Adepelumi of OAU Ife then submitted an elaborate report where he claimed that the impact crater was created by residues of an asteroid that NASA said was zipping past the Earth on the morning that the crater was observed but would be at least millions of kilometers from us to pose any threat. While Adepelumi's conclusion could be plausible, I not aware he collected data from the impact site to validate his conclusion. And if I was in the panel that received the report, I'd ask him for data, for example, did he see "strange rocks" there? What are their ages? Do they have any stratigraphic relationship with pre-existing rocks? Did other countries report such observations, and are the rocks similar? What is the time interval between the observations? Have there been other observations in the past? Does present observations coincide with past observations?

My point is that you should not come and make fun of other people's profession because if they make a wrong conclusion, they are finished.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by sondetoks: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
grin grin
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Ronald5635: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
see below

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Dididrumz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
stubbornman:
See ice cream

Longer throat grin grin grin grin

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by friday2011(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Experts believe that the change is likely due to either increased salinity in the water, the presence of algae or a combination of both

Then why the headline come say expert don't know why!
I thought the expert were completely in the dark concerning the issue
See as i Rush enter the topic make i come educate them before. I nor know say the expert know wetin cause am.

Anyway make i still drop wetin I know
Na Dunaliella salina cause am through oxidation and reduction. Dunaliella salina is a type of algae that produces carotenoids
Oh! My weed. You still make me remember oxidation and reduction for biology and chemistry that year. I will continue to smoke till the end of time

Dammmnnnn niggarrr... grin

Pass me d weed, make i dey alright
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by familier(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by YesNoMaybe: 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Probably an evolutionary succession (algaes are the prime suspects).

Biostatisticians, esthoecologists and computational biologists can come in here.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by don4real18(m): 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All this scientist no go find cure for covik19, dem dey here dey bother themselves with pink lake.

All the Jujus and ogboni wey Indian people dem serve...maybe na one of dem turn the water to pink

But my priest for Aba cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...(lord of the seas) can help you guys out with prayers, casting & binding.

Modified: Somebody just dey yarn me just now say money dey for FTC abi FTC...wetin im call am?...so make I drop my bitcoin address? Bvn number? Abi bank account number?

Modified 2: He say na 'First to Comment' oya now make ona fast, who dey send the money? But wait o, hope say this guy no dey whine me o
Is that you trying to walk on water? grin
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by ChaleeBendel: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Believe this and believe anything
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by helinues: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Probably composition of different element
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by bluefilm: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Na coronavirus cause am na.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by sexylassie2(f): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tbasicme:

Sir pls don't misinform the public. Dunaliela Salina is an Algae and not bacteria like you aveerred.

You are a criminal, after reading comments to find the right answer, you went to update your wrong answer to get likes

Dunaliela Salina is also a bacteria
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by cassbeat(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Its called Okun but @Obehid can explain better..
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by kelmicheal: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Na lake of Bethesda grin grin if you get coro just jump enter and be heal
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by heartrubber(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
don4real18:

Is that you trying to walk on water? grin

Na Paso4rel dem preist for Aba be dat
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by heartrubber(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

You are a criminal, after reading comments to find the right answer, you went to update your wrong answer to get likes

Dunaliela Salina is also a bacteria
what about Daniela Saphira grin
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by ladychioma: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
End time lake
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by GMBuhari: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
they don't know it's algae ?
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by mechanics(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
It's well, the lake is just stagnant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / The Sciences Discussion Thread. / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.