Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why (68736 Views)

Zombie Virus Asleep For 50,000 Years In Russia Awakened By Scientists (Photos) / Kangaroo Rescued From Freezing Lake in Australia (Pix, Video) / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by folarr(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All this scientist no go find cure for covik19, dem dey here dey bother themselves with pink lake.

All the Jujus and ogboni wey Indian people dem serve...maybe na one of dem turn the water to pink

But my priest for Aba cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...(lord of the seas) can help you guys out with prayers, casting & binding.

Modified: Somebody just dey yarn me just now say money dey for FTC abi FTC...wetin im call am?...so make I drop my bitcoin address? Bvn number? Abi bank account number?

Modified 2: He say na 'First to Comment' oya now make ona fast, who dey send the money? But wait o, hope say this guy no dey whine me o
Don't mind all those scientists
Omo ale jati jati
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Roon9(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy

Very correct.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Experts believe that the change is likely due to either increased salinity in the water, the presence of algae or a combination of both

Then why the headline come say expert don't know why!
I thought the expert were completely in the dark concerning the issue
See as i Rush enter the topic make i come educate them before. I nor know say the expert know wetin cause am.

Anyway make i still drop wetin I know
Na Dunaliella salina cause am through oxidation and reduction. Dunaliella salina is a type of algae that produces carotenoids
Oh! My weed. You still make me remember oxidation and reduction for biology and chemistry that year. I will continue to smoke till the end of time
slawormir!!
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by ugbede69(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
let's blame buhari and APC for this
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by BigTableShaker(f): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
It's because a Dinosaur died 300 million years ago in it and the food it ate is just decaying cheesy
You be confirmed Naija Scientist.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by NiCurious: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Experts believe that the change is likely due to either increased salinity in the water, the presence of algae or a combination of both

Then why the headline come say expert don't know why!
I thought the expert were completely in the dark concerning the issue
See as i Rush enter the topic make i come educate them before. I nor know say the expert know wetin cause am.

Anyway make i still drop wetin I know
Na Dunaliella salina cause am through oxidation and reduction. Dunaliella salina is a type of algae that produces carotenoids
Oh! My weed. You still make me remember oxidation and reduction for biology and chemistry that year. I will continue to smoke till the end of time

Bless you Slawormir, I've always known you keep a lot more in your brain than you let on. wink One day when I have my own firm, you'll be on the short-list for hiring. (Meantime, keep hustling.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by NiCurious: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hakeem12:
Just because a lake turned pink, see all the comments above, "the world is coming to an end yen yen yen." There have been more than four pandemics on this earth, volcanic eruption, earthquakes, landslides, wars, famines, Angel Gabriel was nowhere to be found. Now you are calling on him to blow because of ordinary lake.

Y'all don't even rate your intelligence. You allowed some archaic text to reason for y'all. Such a shame
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sannisege:
Maybe Algal bloom

God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tbasicme:
The cause of this is the presence of an algae called Dunaliella salina. It is a species in the family of green algae that lives in salt water and utilizes sun light to produce carotenoids especially Beta carotene(Red coloured) which inturn gives the water a red coloration.

You be correct scientist!

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Cousin9999: 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
F**k India.
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by xamuell: 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
CalvinGaye:
END TIME Signs!
what part of the Bible called this an end time sign. Don't get offended but wrong biblical reference can be annoying. The old testament ushered much more extreme natural phenomena even during the pre-endtimes. Don't always link the prophecies to everything. This does not shake the world like the end times was meant to. That's my point. Good day sir

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by xamuell: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=NiCurious post=90594105][/quote]that "Archaic text" gave us scientific answers long before science could.

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Tbasicme: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

You are a criminal, after reading comments to find the right answer, you went to update your wrong answer to get likes

Dunaliela Salina is also a bacteria

Hello lady don't show us your ignorance. You can't even diffentiate between Algae and bacteria. Well to clear your doubt, Algae are 'lower' plants (no true stems roots or leaves(meaning that they have simple systems compared to flowering plants which are more advanced morphologically and anatomically) they are *plants* because they have chloroplast (an organelle for photosynthesis). Note that the type of cell in algae is Eukaryotic ( meaning cells whose nucleus are bounded with membrane)
Meanwhile Bacteria are not plants they are unicellular organism having prokaryotic cells(meaning cells whose nucleus do not have membrane)

The nucleus contains genetic materials ( chromosomes which makes up the genes) and these genes are sequence of DNA( deoxyribonucleic acid) in codes of purines and pyrimidines.

Hence you can read further to broaden your horizon
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by SavageResponse(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:

grin
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by iqiq: 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
They will say its the gods of the land
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by remzytimer: 10:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
I hope there is no other virus coming from there...
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by tomdon(m): 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Tbasicme:
The cause of this is the presence of an algae called Dunaliella salina. It is a species in the family of green algae that lives in salt water and utilizes sun light to produce carotenoids especially Beta carotene(Red coloured) which inturn gives the water a red coloration.

That will be excellent for the human eyes

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Tbasicme: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
sunnyeinstein:

You be correct scientist!

Thank you sire
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All this scientist no go find cure for covik19, dem dey here dey bother themselves with pink lake.

All the Jujus and ogboni wey Indian people dem serve...maybe na one of dem turn the water to pink

But my priest for Aba cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...(lord of the seas) can help you guys out with prayers, casting & binding.

Modified: Somebody just dey yarn me just now say money dey for FTC abi FTC...wetin im call am?...so make I drop my bitcoin address? Bvn number? Abi bank account number?

Modified 2: He say na 'First to Comment' oya now make ona fast, who dey send the money? But wait o, hope say this guy no dey whine me o
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by nuclearboy(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2020
Likely seepage from nearby volcanic activity deep in the soil

Most large lakes were originally craters
Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by smartval(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
obyrich:
Lake or water pond?

My dear na mud water be this ooo

1 Like

Re: A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why by whizbee(m): 7:09am On Jun 14, 2020
iwaeda:
Omi Aye, another idol for India people to worship

my thoughts exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / The Sciences Discussion Thread. / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.