Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) (51525 Views)

Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by IgboGirlsFucker: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
After this speech, his people went on to collude with Abacha, the rest as they say is history. Shameful
Lol
You think yorubas are like OSUs?

Keep fooling yourselves grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Openbusiness: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

God forbid military rule where people like Ken Saro Wiwa and Abiola can be killed with impunity. Where there was no banking industry or telecoms. Where going a whole year without electricity was common and rampant, where damn near everybody in the country was broke except military men.

Tuah! God forbid.
The odi massacre was not with impunity kwa? Or is it the Apo killings that were not with impunity? Or is it the countless extra judicial killings happening all over? Abeg! I stand by it 100%, military rule is better than the so called democracy we have today. It is nothing but a political scam

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Btruth: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
.......and truly both Babangida & Abacha were thieves.

grin

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by IgboGirlsFucker: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
cry
PapaBaby:

Abacha was using your people to fight your people. Meanwhile, Abiola thought he was fighting for his people.
Bunch of traitors.
Why are OSUs always obsessed with yorubas?

Coward Ojucróok and Kanu are a good example Frustrated people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by blakkydikky(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
After this speech, his people went on to collude with Abacha, the rest as they say is history. Shameful
Just like your people went on to collude with Obasanjo by voting for him in millions and neglected your hero,Ojukwu in the election. Shameless tribe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Btruth: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:

Abacha was using your people to fight your people. Meanwhile, Abiola thought he was fighting for his people.
Bunch of traitors.
......like what happened to your people during the civil war baa? Won't that be a case study? Ode!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by wedear: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
OK
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by IgboGirlsFucker: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
LegendHero:

There are no traitors anywhere. My people fought Abacha until his death and led the NADECO movement that sees to it that we return to democracy and that eventually made a Yoruba the president of Nigeria.

Your people are known to serve the fulanis without compensation. Ojukwu campaigned openly on the podium for Shagari while Daniel Kanu led 2 million march in support of Abacha.

What is your people gain? Nothing!
Don't mind the frustrated bastarrds

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

The odi massacre was not with impunity kwa? Or is it the Apo killings that were not with impunity? Or is it the countless extra judicial killings happening all over? Abeg! I stand by it 100%, military rule is better than the so called democracy we have today. It is nothing but a political scam

I disagree, things were much worse then. People that lived through that would never want to go back to that.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ausrichie:

How do you block this site please.

If you use Chrome or firefox, install the Blocksite extension on your browser, and follow the instructions to block the site.(available in chrome and firefox store for free.)

Click here for extension
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Gbogbowa: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
DEROX:
BUT HE WON
he won by the results we saw but he should have waited and claim his mandate via Court but he failed.what he did is treason and that spoiled all the beauty of June 12,that is why I don't see June 12 has a democracy day,because I cant tell my son or anyone to do what he did it was just bad for Democracy, Democracy is about rule law but MKO didn't follow rule of law in declaring himself the president
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by blakkydikky(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
Abiola died a broken man, knowing that his people colluded with Abacha to send him to detention.
Ojukwu died a broken man knowing his people colluded with Obasanjo not wanting him to be the President Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by alfredilly: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
kikero:

The truth of the matter is Nigerians, for the most part, betrayed Abiola. When the millitary and their collaborators were deliberately refusing to handover, instead of standing up to them, we got divided along tribal lines, as usual, and let Abacha come and take over., for another five years of suffering.

The point is, most Nigerians did not consider democracy worth dying for. Maybe it is because we are a poor country,and if you get shot by the Mopol , who looks after your loved ones, but the truth is, we think that democracy only benefits the winner and his immediate family, not the nation as a whole. That's why most of us just sat down and watched as Abiola fought alone, with some 'mad' people for his mandate.

Even now, Nigerians don't get why we have to work towards a democratic government, which is why some 21 years after we got rid of our army rulers, we are still complaining of bad governance. Even now, the opposition to Buhari is just as sectional as the oppositon to GEJ was. Very few people are opposed to Buhari because he is not running the country well, most oppose him because of sectional or 'what they can benefit from'

Even now, people are arguing for restructuruing or secession based on what they will benefit, not on fairness or justice.

Not in those days. Hope was high for good governance. Most of your point are valid though. That is the Nigeria we now find ourselves. I witnessed that era, though a young boy, but military truncate the hope of a return to democracy.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by ThatFairGuy: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
cursedAbiola:
useless cursed bastard
God bless General Sani Abacha heaven bless baba Fela
International thief thief
What was his offence? OR you're just being foolish in every thread

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Btruth: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
techmo:
cool

Akoni agbalagba.. the brave man

if only Ojukwu and Kanu weren't a run away coward.. their people wouldn't be marginalized and wailing today

grin grin grin

You dey mind them?

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by ThatFairGuy: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bashorun MKO Abiola, you've written your name with gold in Nigeria History. May your shortcomings be forgiven bikuwwatillah
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
AK481:

Speaking of betrayal, were they expecting igbos to take a bullet for “Abiola and babagana “ after the civil war that awolowo betrayed igbos by renegaging on earlier agreed plan after being released by ojukwu?

No it’s bomb igbo take for them.
go and read history again.. it was ojukwu that renege on the aburi deal
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by huptin(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
keentola:
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books
You can get these ebooks in minutes.

Please i am interested in Max Siollun soldiers of fortune!
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Openbusiness: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

I disagree, things were much worse then. People that lived through that would never want to go back to that.
I lived through it. Society was safer than today, economy was better than today, social infrastructure was better than today, extra judicial killings was better than today, civilian freedom is same as today (politicians can claim better political freedom), harassment and oppression by armed forces is better than today (there was nothing like SARS indiscriminate killings like it is today), even human rights was better than today. Military era has a lot of flaws and downsides no doubt, but compared to the so called democracy of 21 years now, military era is still better. Even when it comes to stealing Nigeria money, military era was better
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
Openbusiness:

[s]I lived through it. Society was safer than today, economy was better than today, social infrastructure was better than today, extra judicial killings was better than today, civilian freedom is same as today (politicians can claim better political freedom), harassment and oppression by armed forces is better than today (there was nothing like SARS indiscriminate killings like it is today), even human rights was better than today. Military era has a lot of flaws and downsides no doubt, but compared to the so called democracy of 21 years now, military era is still better. Even when it comes to stealing Nigeria money, military era was better[/s]

No just no.

Only backwards people would want to go back to that. Nothing was better during the military rule.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by thatigboman: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
AK481:

Speaking of betrayal, were they expecting igbos to take a bullet for “Abiola and babagana “ after the civil war that awolowo betrayed igbos by renegaging on earlier agreed plan after being released by ojukwu?

No it’s bomb igbo take for them.
I will be the last human being on earth to pity any yoruba politician.
Just imagine that wicked backbitter war criminal Awolowo that bit the fingers that fed him

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by RaptorX: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
All the problems he listed in that speech still bediveled Nigeria even they have gotten worse. Same with the 1983 coup speech that overthrew the Shagari government, all the problems listed in that speech have gotten ten times worse.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by thatigboman: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
banjo022:
go and read history again.. it was ojukwu that renege on the aburi deal
see this yoruba man living in grandeur delusion.
Are u talking of the history your grandfather told you under the moonlight in one hamlet in osogbo?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Giobest7: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/12/flashback-mko-abiolas-full-speech-which-led-his-arrest-nigeria%E2%80%99s-late-military-dictator

One will expect Nollywood to make a movie out of this, it will be interesting. That's how history is promoted, new generation will learn from it.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by flyingpig: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:
Being part of this struggle then, I can just said the turn out of events were so unfortunate.Abiola left the scene when the momentum was supposed to be sustained & returned when it had died down.

Then came Abiola's secret but dangerous romance with Abacha, betrayal of the struggle by his some of his close associates, final journey into detention & demise

Please can you give a detailed picture of events in that era?

Some of us were not mature enough to discern what was going on in the country that period.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by GGSG(f): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:

Bunch of traitors.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by GGSG(f): 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
ednut1:
Abiola was no hero. Na same of same
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by seunjungle1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
I think the economy we are having right now in the country is not supportive again in their various businesses they claimed they were best at, now want to venture into politics they don't know how to practice.

Crying for...
It is our turn to become the president of Nigeria they regarded as zoo.
It is Biafra we want.
We don't want marginalisation.

Only a sane group of people will be crying foul..

People of no focus
People of no direction
People of no agenda
People of no vision

Chai....I sympathise with your generation next.

We. we have both (past and present)political heroes we can talk about today and their achievements.

Which one do you have?

No, I think you have the ones that....
Killed over 3million people in a senseless war
Ones that led various of blood shed coups
One that led 2million peoples march for Abacha
One that is crying for Biafra.

Lemme just stop here and allow you to talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#BenueUnderAttack: 36 Persons Killed In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / PEPT: Peter Obi Supporters Continue To Roll Out More Billboards Across States / Salihu Yakasai: Dethroned Sanusi Won’t Have Access To Visitors – Ganduje’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.