Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) (51975 Views)

Tinubu’s Missing Asset Declaration And Perils Of Pecuniary Journalism By Kperogi / Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by luluman: 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
After this speech, his people went on to collude with Abacha, the rest as they say is history. Shameful
Where you born by parents that hate each other? Otherwise there should be a better thing you can display from the speech other than tribal hatred
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by damzy88: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
kikero:

The truth of the matter is Nigerians, for the most part, betrayed Abiola. When the millitary and their collaborators were deliberately refusing to handover, instead of standing up to them, we got divided along tribal lines, as usual, and let Abacha come and take over., for another five years of suffering.

The point is, most Nigerians did not consider democracy worth dying for. Maybe it is because we are a poor country,and if you get shot by the Mopol , who looks after your loved ones, but the truth is, we think that democracy only benefits the winner and his immediate family, not the nation as a whole. That's why most of us just sat down and watched as Abiola fought alone, with some 'mad' people for his mandate.

Even now, Nigerians don't get why we have to work towards a democratic government, which is why some 21 years after we got rid of our army rulers, we are still complaining of bad governance. Even now, the opposition to Buhari is just as sectional as the oppositon to GEJ was. Very few people are opposed to Buhari because he is not running the country well, most oppose him because of sectional or 'what they can benefit from'

Even now, people are arguing for restructuruing or secession based on what they will benefit, not on fairness or justice.
You have said it all. cool
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Karlifate: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
After this speech, his people went on to collude with Abacha, the rest as they say is history. Shameful

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Kay25(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:
it's no shameful joor it was a payback time
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by PatAnselm(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
LegendHero:

There are no traitors anywhere. My people fought Abacha until his death and led the NADECO movement that sees to it that we return to democracy and that eventually made a Yoruba the president of Nigeria.

Your people are known to serve the fulanis without compensation. Ojukwu campaigned openly on the podium for Shagari while Daniel Kanu led 2 million march in support of Abacha.

What is your people gain? Nothing!

Oga, which your people fought Abacha?? It seems you think we don't know history here abi wetin. Abacha's regime was pure dictatorship, no body damned questioned his order, everyone succumbed. The highest Nigerians could do was call to God, thus nemerous places of worship centers emarged. People were suffering and smiling without making any utterance!! Which fight your people fight, even for Biafra war your people still fight!! Mtcheewww

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by ITbomb(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
And yet they choose Buhari, a man with no visible investment (apologies to his cows)
We are sickened to see people who have shown little or no personal achievement, either in building up private businesses, or making success of any tangible thing, being placed in charge of the management of our nation’s economy, by rulers who are not accountable to anyone
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by drkrest(m): 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Racoon:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/12/flashback-mko-abiolas-full-speech-which-led-his-arrest-nigeria%E2%80%99s-late-military-dictator
In my opinion, M.K.O didn't have the constitutional right to declare himself as the president-elect since the results had not been concluded. He will forever remain the father of democracy in Nigeria owing to his bravery and sincere love for the political emancipation of the country from the malevolent military dictatorship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Bleank: 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
Who wants to get rich and make enemies by making a really good movie about this whole thing
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
thatigboman:
see this yoruba man living in grandeur delusion.
Are u talking of the history your grandfather told you under the moonlight in one hamlet in osogbo?
you won't drag me into arguing with you because you lack the necessary prerequisites for an intellectual discussion.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Liposure: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:
Every time I hear or read this speech na so so laugh I dey laugh.

When you hear people say " Karma na bitch wey no dey wear pant, and is better served cold" this is what they mean.

This is an Abiola that was the chief sponsor and introducer of the Military boys into our body polity.

The Military boys simply used, ambushed, and dumped him without any single regrets even until this day.

He sponsored the coup that brought Buhari in, in 1983. Did you hear Buhari say a word of his name today?

Those who think they are still in charge today will get their.works worth also.

Karma still dey alive.
errh! i no no oh. tell me more
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by daddytime(m): 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Liposure:
errh! i no no oh. tell me more

Na people wey dem born 1998 upwards dem fit dey turn history on it's head for no be we wey dey listen to "my pellow Nigerians" those days for transistor radio.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by thundafire: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
cursedAbiola:
useless cursed bastard

God bless General Sani Abacha
heaven bless baba Fela

International thief thief
I dn laugh tire ���,but u pretty
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Simbrixton(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
PapaBaby:

Abacha was using your people to fight your people. Meanwhile, Abiola thought he was fighting for his people.
Bunch of traitors.
what do u gain from racism?
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by thatigboman: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
banjo022:
you won't drag me into arguing with you because you lack the necessary prerequisites for an intellectual discussion.
abeg keep quiet. U think it's illieterares that are here that u will brazenly come and turn history on its head and expect nobody to see through your bold-faced lie?
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Liposure: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
In politics, u can bit more than u can chew. Abiola went 2 far
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by brenister10: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
keentola:
“A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books
You can get these ebooks in minutes.

Please boss can you send me Soldiers of fortune by Max Sollion
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Liposure: 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
daddytime:

Na people wey dem born 1998 upwards dem fit dey turn history on it's head for no be we wey dey listen to "my pellow Nigerians" those days for transistor radio.
lol
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hmm
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Omoosukejo: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
You are already under curse for condemning him without trial. A traitor and useless soul.
cursedAbiola:
useless cursed bastard

heaven bless baba Fela

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by eltkins(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
BlackfireX:
Abiola did not win that election, it was inconclusive... He declared himself president, he was arrested, his own people sold him for a pot of ewedu ... The rest they say is history.
Hahaha,that part for a pot of ewedu really got me ; grin
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Bianda24: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
People with their deception
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by wedeaz: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
wedeaz
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Mraphel: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
cursedAbiola:
useless cursed bastard

heaven bless baba Fela

Abacha called your people noise makers

https://www.nairaland.com/4333766/how-buhari-loose-2019-election

Buhari u supported have won and you've lost already.

Go and get yourself ready for another Atiku
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by History555: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
techmo:
cool

Akoni agbalagba, Agba Akin, Aare Ona Kakanfo.. the brave man

if only Ojukwu and Kanu weren't a run away coward.. their people wouldn't be marginalized and wailing today

Abiola like obasanjo, diya, adisa, soyinka, shonekan are notable cowards. Ask abacha and al Mustapha
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by techmo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
History555:

Abiola like obasanjo, diya, adisa, soyinka, shonekan are notable cowards. Ask abacha and al Mustapha

I asked almustapha and he told me only Ojukwu ran off while his people died
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by keentola(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
huptin:

Please i am interested in Max Siollun soldiers of fortune!
my number is in the bio section
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2020
Treasonable act... He deserves Abacha punishment... After all his people sold him off to Abacha after the speech

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Neye412(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Ehyaaa...but why did he mention the military in his speech, if he became the president its thesame military that'd serve him nah

I don't just understand this Abiola story sha
Perhaps, you didn't read in between the lines of the speech. He stated clearly that a smaller unit of the military and not the military as a whole. Maybe you have to read carefully again to spot that particular line. More so, he would not have mentioned any other institution than the politicians in military toga who annuled the fairest and freest election in the Political Lexicon of this great country.
Re: MKO Abiola's "Epetedo Declaration" And The Aftermath (Throwback) by Dagrace01(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
This is very emotional.
See the speech and the president Nigeria never had.
The cradle and beginning of the dilapidated Nigeria we are seeing today
Rest on Kashimawo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHOTOS: President Buhari With His Former Classmates In USA Today / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) / General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.