Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) (5966 Views)

Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected / Internet Penetration: Why South East Remains Lowest At 13.7 Million Users / Nigeria Remains Africa’s Largest Smartphone Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by sajmark(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2020
Sweetgoodie:
God bless you
and you too, thanks.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by blingxx(m): 7:12am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

android needs to work on their performance

how many above "mid range" androids have you tried to confirm your claim? ..only 60% of Americans use iphone sef undecided the remaining 40% are using any of this devices .huawei,one plus,Nokia,google pixel ,xiaomi ..FYI tecno and infinix are not phone grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by blingxx(m): 7:16am On Jun 13, 2020
chariisGRACE:

The poster above said that already.
Android is an OPEN PRIMARY SCHOOL FIELD WITHOUT FENCE AROUND IT.

IOS IS A STADIUM. (Restriction) which means they regulate the inflow of people (apps) so that it doesn't exceed the required number which may in turn slow down the device.

Apple owns iOS and only Apple builds their phones.

Google owns Android but not only Google produce Android phones.

the current best phone in the world is not even ios undecided..stop generalizing ,cheap android phones (mid range) are not the best , android is doing wonders now YouTube is your friend if you think I'm lying
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 13, 2020
blingxx:

how many above "mid range" androids have you tried to confirm your claim? ..only 60% of Americans use iphone sef undecided the remaining 40% are using any of this devices .huawei,one plus,Nokia,google pixel ,xiaomi ..FYI tecno and infinix are not phone grin

Check out why iphone is so popular and expensive, it’s because of their quality assurance, no one buying an iphone x-11 pro max while have to bother by asking if the phone is fast enough or how good the cameras are,,,quality is always assured when one goes for apple unlike androids you need to make lots of reviews even from popular tech companies before making up your mind on which of their products will serve you
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Ejadike(m): 7:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Sweetgoodie:
you said it all bro
I'm a tech expert and has virtually handled all the latest flagship of popular phones
Trust me iPhone should not even be in top 2 phone manufacturing.

These people are taking their users back to stone age and introducing a technology that has been used by android tey tey

shey no be the same iPhone that dumped their Almighty retina ips display for oled?
nooo they should have sticked with it if they where as fantastic as people hype them
at the other hand Samsung users have been flexing amoled right from galaxy s1
and the list goes on
people do compare ram size of iPhones and android when even windows mobiles 1gb ram run smoother
so if android os requires more ram numbers to get required smoothness nothing there.
see iPhone are just overhyped and technologically they're behind Samsung let me not talk about user friendly.

verdict if you place a latest iPhone and a latest Samsung for me to choose, I'll choose iPhone, sell it buy latest Samsung use the change to flex my weekend cool
hahaha. I really do not know the buzz behind Apple. I'll choose Android a 100 times over.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by dangoteinlaw: 8:05am On Jun 13, 2020
I started with htc in 2012 then lg-htc-Samsung-lumia-Samsung-Samsung-htc-xiaomi then now iPhone X which is my first iPhone. God forbid will I ever go back to androids!!! Its not a competition, iphones doesn’t want everyone to buy their phones but that 30% market share they keep is where they intend to remain or how did you think they became a billion dollar company.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by dangoteinlaw: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2020
blingxx:

androids can be found in black communities shitholes like Antalya, Chicago etc but with rich whites who make up almost 65% of their population it’s iphones. If androids are so go why aren’t celebs and serious business moguls using. Yea right only middle class ppl understand specs right? Keep deluding.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by talut(m): 8:39am On Jun 13, 2020
the sooner y'all get to understand Android is an open source operating system the better.
from Qualcomm who manufactures custom chips from arm architecture, mtk sticking to arm architecture, the "open sourcesness" of Android is, custom skins of different manufacturers based on the same Android, to app developers trying to make apps compatible universally on thousands of Android phone models out there, theres only so much optimization you can do.
I've always believed there are two ways to make user experience seamless; software optimizations and improved hardware development. if Android is amping up ram and co to ridiculous amounts, e get why although I'm convinced it's all market strategy Sha.
the rep iPhone is enjoying is what they worked for in the past, Android isn't what it used to be years ago. anyone also comparing iPhones with low budget Androids is simply just retard. you compare phones priced similarly to know whats really up. and if you no like Android, e no hard buy iPhone last last people who use them know why they are.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
androids can be found in black communities shitholes like Antalya, Chicago etc but with rich whites who make up almost 65% of their population it’s iphones. If androids are so go why aren’t celebs and serious business moguls using. Yea right only middle class ppl understand specs right? Keep deluding.
iPhone is like a fashion brand in the phone world. most people don't buy it because of it performance, they buy it for the name,logo and class. iPhones are not as secured as you think, Jeff bezos iPhone was hacked, all his personal affairs where leaked, which resulted to his wife divorcing him and currently now she's the richest woman in the world. S20 ultra is even more expensive than iPhone 11 pro max, so android ain't cheap. we are in 2020 not 2010
if you want to compare Android to iPhone use Android flagships and not Tecno and infinix

6 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Idiotmod: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2020
Possiblegee:
can you explain what you mean by this mansion is yours but not permitted to go outside the house aside not being able to download songs and videos on iPhones from websites what other boundary is there ?
You can download songs and videos na
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2020
Idiotmod:

You can download songs and videos na
yeah with some special apps but it won’t go straight to your main music app it will go to the special app I don’t know if you get what I’m saying ... you can’t download songs/videos with safari,chrome,opera mini or even uc browser ,do you get ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Idiotmod: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Possiblegee:
yeah with some special apps but it won’t go straight to your main music app it will go to the special app I don’t know if you get what I’m saying
You download through safari
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2020
Idiotmod:

You download through safari
you can’t bro unless you jailbreak the iPhone

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Idiotmod: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2020
Possiblegee:
you can’t bro unless you jailbreak the iPhone
Where have you been?
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2020
Idiotmod:

Where have you been?
they are great risks when you do that
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by dangoteinlaw: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2020
Denovan:

iPhone is like a fashion brand in the phone world. most people don't buy it because of it performance, they buy it for the name,logo and class. iPhones are not as secured as you think, Jeff bezos iPhone was hacked, all his personal affairs where leaked, which resulted to his wife divorcing him and currently now she's the richest woman in the world. S20 ultra is even more expensive than iPhone 11 pro max, so android ain't cheap. we are in 2020 not 2010
if you want to compare Android to iPhone use Android flagships and not Tecno and infinix
wow you are freaking insane to think apple is all logo and design and yet serious minded ppl spend 6figures on it. Androids are the real scam, can get updates past 2years, can’t even hold price value for 6months, after support wack. Camera is good but when it’s time to go live your fans complaining they can’t see you, camera is 700mp but your instagram profile looks malnourished. Samsung need to add 5g to their new brand to fool the poorly informed to buy, 5g that hasn’t and won’t be implemented for the next 3-4years and even if it comes alive there isn’t much difference. They use all series of over engineering like notch,puchhole,pop up camera, um what else should I mention to fool ppl while I’m still wondering what the problem is that was solved with those. If RnD is so easy why the base of all androids still thick and not as thin as iphones, why can androids figure out the swipe up instead of the 3 based icons. Apple is a billion dollar coy and they did that by selling just phones and pc alone. Samsung has to sell everything from TVs to poor performing laptops to vault developing TVs just to be a million dollar coy. Apple is king, when Xr came out y’all Sammy users claim it won’t sell shit but it went to be the highest selling in 2019 and now the SE2 is out a lot of Samsung users are porting

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by DrayZee: 10:15am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

what’s the need of building app that will overwhelm a system thereby causing more increment in ram with subsequent phones when they can actually optimise ram management which is the lacking key in androids

a lecturer of mine uses s20 ultra and i can tell it it makes quality photos with that high mp but 11pro max still stands out, where ever you are and see a picture shot on 11pro max, you don’t need anyone to tell you that that’s an iphone picture based on the quality you see, its potrait mode remains top notch ... Such is what we expend From the so called android flagships
Be careful when you say these things “you don’t need anyone to tell you that’s an iPhone picture”.

A Tech reviewer did a smart test on smartphones with the best camera. He did this by taking pictures of the same thing, with different smartphones, pairing up pictures, and asking people to vote. When he posts the pictures, he doesn’t reveal which phone took them. Whichever phone loses gets knocked out, and the remaining phones more on to the quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals. I participated in the voting process, and I also thought I could identify the good camera...even guessing between the iPhone and the Google Pixel.

At the end of the voting, when he revealed the results, it turned out that the iPhone got knocked out in the first round...it completely lapsed a particular picture mode and produced the worst picture of all the phones available (note this iPhone was the iPhone 11 Pro!!!). It shocked everybody!

The two finalists...the Samsung Galaxy S10e and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I can assure you those polls were a testament to who truly had the best camera of that year (or should I say, most preferred) because the two phones from Samsung use the exact same camera. For both of them to be the finalists isn’t a coincidence. People only say iPhones produce the best picture when they know it’s an iPhone that took it.

This is the video for 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxsFat1ImiY

This is for 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-bo8a4zU0

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by DragnetisaKuk(f): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

don’t agree on the part of s20, as at today no mobile phone takes better pictures than 11pro max and it has has the fastest Chip, A13 bionic is top notch...

i agree with the rest

The Huawei P40 Pro has the best camera on a smartphone, if we'll accept DXO Mark rankings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by DragnetisaKuk(f): 10:24am On Jun 13, 2020
OP quick info for you, it's not RAM that makes a phone, it's the SoC.

If you see an Android device with 4GB of RAM, that doesn't make it a contender in terms of performance when placed against an Apple device. What chipset is incharge? Is it a High end, mid range or budget SoC (Snapdragon, Kirin, Exynos, Mediatek or Unisoc)? This is what gives a smartphone it's performance. RAM is utilised in multitasking and as long as the apps in memory don't need more there will be no performance hiccups, using your PUBG Mobile as an example.

Apple always make high end SoCs so performance for every new generation is top notch. If all Android devices had the Snapdragon 865 for example, your iPhone wouldn't fair any different when compared.

PS: Software optimization and task scheduling are also important factors to be noted and Android and iOS handles them separately.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by ribbit: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2020
DrayZee:

Be careful when you say these things “you don’t need anyone to tell you that’s an iPhone picture”.

A Tech reviewer did a smart test on smartphone with the best camera. He did this by taking pictures of the same thing, with different smartphones, pairing up pictures and asking people to vote. When he posts the pictures, he doesn’t reveal which phone took them. Whichever phone loses gets knocked out, and the remaining phones more on to quarter-final, semi-final and finals. I participated in the voting process, and I also thought I could identify the good camera...even guessing between the iPhone and the Google Pixel.

At the end of the voting, when he revealed the results, it turned out that the iPhone got knocked out in the first round...it completely lapsed a particular picture mode and produced the worst picture of all the phones available (note this iPhone is either the X, OR XS Mas). It shocked everybody

The two finalists...the Samsung Galaxy S10e and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I can assure you those polls were a testament to who truly had the best camera of that year, because the two Samsung’s use the exact same camera. For both of them to be the finalists isn’t coincidence. People only say iPhones produce the best picture because they know it’s an iPhone that took it.

This is the video for 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxsFat1ImiY

This is for 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-bo8a4zU0
let people who have not handled real flagship Android be saying crap now.

The crap that inifinx and tecno dished out to them has warped their mind into thinking all Android are like that

Android has variety that will appeal to exactly what you are looking for unlike apple where you have to gobble down anything they force down your throat and say thank you sir while you part with your money.

If you are looking for snappiest phone, you have one plus 7 or 8 with the snappiest and fastest well optimized android in the world.

If you are looking for camera, samsung, pixel, huawei got your back.

If you are look for battery, xiaomi, rog guys got your back

If you are looking for update, essential, and pixel got your back.

So many brand fighting for your soul unlike iOS that will invent something that Android users have long enjoyed and put ridiculous money on it while ediots queue to buy them grin

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by khingTony(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2020
elvischukie:

you are just comparing with a phone of 4gb ram, what do you think will happen when apple produces phones of of 6/8gb ram.. unthinkable things i guess, they haven’t cos there is no call for it now, their 4gb does better job than the so called 6/8 gb android rams.

i still maintain my stand, ios makes the best out of the little the put it, not by high numbers, optimisation is the key which most android devices lack. simple

Shut up, Apple does not create phones of 6/8 GB ram because even their A13 bionic does not support more than 4GB ram.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
wow you are freaking insane to think apple is all logo and design and yet serious minded ppl spend 6figures on it. Androids are the real scam, can get updates past 2years, can’t even hold price value for 6months, after support wack. Camera is good but when it’s time to go live your fans complaining they can’t see you, camera is 700mp but your instagram profile looks malnourished. Samsung need to add 5g to their new brand to fool the poorly informed to buy, 5g that hasn’t and won’t be implemented for the next 3-4years and even if it comes alive there isn’t much difference. They use all series of over engineering like notch,puchhole,pop up camera, um what else should I mention to fool ppl while I’m still wondering what the problem is that was solved with those. If RnD is so easy why the base of all androids still thick and not as thin as iphones, why can androids figure out the swipe up instead of the 3 based icons. Apple is a billion dollar coy and they did that by selling just phones and pc alone. Samsung has to sell everything from TVs to poor performing laptops to vault developing TVs just to be a million dollar coy. Apple is king, when Xr came out y’all Sammy users claim it won’t sell shit but it went to be the highest selling in 2019 and now the SE2 is out a lot of Samsung users are porting
So what's your point, oga if you don't no what to say don't quote me.

Huawei beats iPhone in photography, Nubia red magic 5g is the fastest phone on the planet.
So you are telling me you can use a phone up to 5yr undecided
one yr Android update= 3yr iOS update

iOS update only include software fixes, stability and few improved features unlike andriod. All those Instagram shit are nonsense, most models use real camera for thier Instagram stuff. A phone will always remain a phone, same as camera.

you just an apple fanboy, nothing will convince you to change your mind.
I know you will still hail apple $700 wheels and $1000 stand undecided undecided
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 10:53am On Jun 13, 2020
ribbit:

The crap that inifinx and tecno dished out to them has warped their mind into thinking all Android are like that

Android has variety that will appeal to exactly what you are looking for unlike apple where you have to gobble down anything they force down your throat and say thank you sir while you part with your money.

If you are looking for snappiest phone, you have one plus 7 or 8 with the snappiest and fastest well optimizated android and in the world.

So many brand fighting for your soul unlike iOS that will invent something that Android users have long enjoyed and put ridiculous money on it while ediots queue to buy them grin
Very true
Now that Google pixel is planning to build thier custom exynos chip with amd. They will be the true rival to iPhone, apple fanboys won't have excuse again grin grin. Update bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by DrayZee: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2020
ribbit:

If you are looking for snappiest phone, you have one plus 7 or 8 with the snappiest and fastest well optimizated android and in the world.

Lol. You’re right. But the truth is, Apple as a company, have carved out a special place for themselves in the smartphone (and tech) industry. While people’s preference of Apple may be due to their inability to reason beyond the “norm”, we have to hand it to Apple, they have managed to be insanely successful in an insanely competitive market. At the end of the day, it’s all just business. If you can get the majority of people to ignore logic, and pick you for superficial reasons, then you are definitely the smartest amongst your competitors (from a business perspective).

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by talut(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
I have to say this is just the rant of a biased apple Fanboy
it's not worth it until apple implements it abi.lmao for you
we are talking about who makes better device, you're inferring trying to achieve bezeless display is water of time, you're saying implementing 5g now is not worth it( meanwhile serious 5g roll out have started lon g ago in first world countries), lemme just ignore the thickness issue you brought up cos you obviously sound like you know close to nothing, you are. who makes the better phone yet you're arguing one is a bilion dollar company how TF is that a value point even though it's clear apple clearly exploits their buyer in overpricing devices, there is also the various service where they bring in income. I could go on but you're just a fanboy so I won't bother wasting any more time
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Idiotmod: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2020
Denovan:

Huawei beats iPhone in photography, Nubia red magic 5g is the fastest phone on the planet.

iOS update only include software fixes, stability and few improved features unlike andriod. All those Instagram shit are nonsense, most models use real camera for thier Instagram stuff. A phone will always remain a phone, same as camera.

I know you will still hail apple $700 wheels and $1000 stand undecided undecided
I’m using iPhone X going to 3years till today

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by dangoteinlaw: 11:58am On Jun 13, 2020
Denovan:

forget the fanboy I have used a lot of Samsung’s even htc was my Favo and it beats Samsung but their batery issues ran them bankrupt. Androids are fast when new but as time goes they run slower especially when updated. That’s how I spoilt my xiaomi after updating to Oreo. Iphones get faster with updates, iPhone se is still on the streets a lot of ppl are still enjoying their iPhone 6 how many android flagship on the same year can you see still working fine without issues. Do not get me wrong androids are cool but talking about quality don’t dare iphones.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by talut(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
forget the fanboy I have used a lot of Samsung’s even htc was my Favo and it beats Samsung but their batery issues ran them bankrupt. Androids are fast when new but as time goes they run slower especially when updated. That’s how I spoilt my xiaomi after updating to Oreo. Iphones get faster with updates, iPhone se is still on the streets a lot of ppl are still enjoying their iPhone 6 how many android flagship on the same year can you see still working fine without issues. Do not get me wrong androids are cool but talking about quality don’t dare iphones.
Android market isn't what it was years ago

1 Like

Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by sajmark(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

a lot of ppl are still enjoying their iPhone 6

bro please be honest, are you part of the people who are still enjoying their iPhone 6?
I'm asking because everyone knows that nobody using the iPhone x upwards will be here fighting the war you are fighting... on second thoughts I'm just messing with you, lolx.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by talut(m): 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
if I'm correct the best flagship under htc used sd 845 something I can almost bet my life you didn't use it. how then is htc better than Samsung you keep on bringing 10 years ago points to argue your point.. htc faded from mobile market as far as 2014-2015
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Denovan: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Idiotmod:
I’m using iPhone X going to 3years till today
bro 3yr is average, would you use it till 2022.
Re: Iphone Remains The Best(opinion) by Telvin7(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
forget the fanboy I have used a lot of Samsung’s even htc was my Favo and it beats Samsung but their batery issues ran them bankrupt. Androids are fast when new but as time goes they run slower especially when updated. That’s how I spoilt my xiaomi after updating to Oreo.[/b] Iphones get faster with updates[b], iPhone se is still on the streets a lot of ppl are still enjoying their iPhone 6 how many android flagship on the same year can you see still working fine without issues. Do not get me wrong androids are cool but talking about quality don’t dare iphones.
[b]lol iPhone get s faster with updates or they tends to get slower with updates undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel's Double Data Offer For 6 Months : Don't Miss It / Mediatek MT6795 Smokes Snapdragon810 In Geekbench 3.0, Closes In Onexynos 7420 / Who Else Received This From Glo? All Of U Tweaking Diarisgod!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.