Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected (18853 Views)

Countries Affected By Internet Outage / Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri / Hot!: Glo 1.2GB For N200 Valid For 3days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by trendsgirl: 11:06pm On Mar 16
Internet outage to last for weeks, as Glo 1 remains unaffected

The internet outage which hit Nigeria and some other African countries may persist for up to five weeks, according to latest reports.

One of the undersea cable companies affected by the service disruptions, MainOne, said in a statement on Friday evening that the situation might persist for two to three weeks for the problem to be fixed.

It explained that investigations revealed that the fault came from an external incident that resulted in a cut on the submarine cable system in the ocean.

MainOne said the rectification of the fault involves identifying and assigning a vessel to "retrieve the necessary spares required for repair, and then sail to the fault location to conduct the repair work. This process might take one to two weeks for repairs while about two to three weeks of transit time may be required for the vessel to pick up the spares and travel from Europe to West Africa once the vessel is mobilised".

The country has experienced widespread internet disruptions as a result of damage to the international underwater cables that provide the nation with connection. The outage has impacted banks and telecommunications organizations that depend on the impacted cables for internet services.

Major undersea cables close to Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, are reportedly damaged, and this has caused internet outages in West and South African nations. The West Africa Cable System (WACS), the Africa Coast to Europe (ACE), MainOne, and SAT3 are the undersea cables that have been impacted.

Glo 1, which is owned by Globacom, the largest provider of digital services in Nigeria, was untouched by the damage and is still running as usual. Glo 1-powered financial institutions, internet service providers, and data consumers have all carried on with business as usual. Industry observers are of the view that Glo 1 International Submarine Cable's resilient construction and durability are the reasons the damage did not compromise the cable.
https://societynow.ng/why-glo-is-unaffected-as-mainone-confirms-internet-outage-will-last-3-weeks/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by jimiabdul: 11:12pm On Mar 16
5 whole weeks?? Thank God for Glo and their cable o, how person for survive?

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Mikocake(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16
jimiabdul:
E no go reach 5 weeks jare

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Folasho99: 11:21pm On Mar 16
Since on Thursday till now, na only we Glo users dey enjoy better network, wahala for who no get Glo line o

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by toyosilawal12: 11:25pm On Mar 16
jimiabdul:

As in ehn, na really thank God…what if Glo didn't have their own cable na so the whole Nigeria for dey experience the downtime?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by mariamm234: 11:28pm On Mar 16
Even though their head touches small small once in a while, Glo deserves their accolades for this👏

Imagine being the only the network not affected by this downtime, it's a big feat o

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by techguy781: 11:32pm On Mar 16
Imagine being a remote worker and you don't have a Glo line to use for these estimated 5 weeks, how you go take shalaye give client?? Na make everybody port to Glo line remain so

28 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by gistgirl0: 11:37pm On Mar 16
Hmmmmmm, so Glo has its own cable that wasn't affected by the cut? When you're big, you're big abeg…. Nice one Glo

31 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by talkto300: 11:43pm On Mar 16
techguy781:
Imagine being a remote worker and you don't have a Glo line to use for these estimated 5 weeks, how you go take shalaye give client?? Na make everybody port to Glo line remain so

I almost mental on Friday🤣🤣 na so I turn pilot dey do airplane mode every 1 1 seconds until my neighbor on Glo hotspot for me wey I take complete design send give my customer o

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by funmitalks190: 11:49pm On Mar 16
mariamm234:
Even though their head touches small small once in a while, Glo deserves their accolades for this👏

Imagine being the only the network not affected by this downtime, it's a big feat o

Special shoutout to Glo o, them try

My concern is for the people who don't have a Glo sim yet, imagine experiencing this epileptic network for 5 more weeks…better go and get Glo or cling to someone who has o

9 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by funmitalks190: 11:50pm On Mar 16
trendsgirl:

The internet outage which hit Nigeria and some other African countries may persist for up to five weeks, according to latest reports.

One of the undersea cable companies affected by the service disruptions, MainOne, said in a statement on Friday evening that the situation might persist for two to three weeks for the problem to be fixed.

It explained that investigations revealed that the fault came from an external incident that resulted in a cut on the submarine cable system in the ocean.

MainOne said the rectification of the fault involves identifying and assigning a vessel to "retrieve the necessary spares required for repair, and then sail to the fault location to conduct the repair work. This process might take one to two weeks for repairs while about two to three weeks of transit time may be required for the vessel to pick up the spares and travel from Europe to West Africa once the vessel is mobilised".

The country has experienced widespread internet disruptions as a result of damage to the international underwater cables that provide the nation with connection. The outage has impacted banks and telecommunications organizations that depend on the impacted cables for internet services.

Major undersea cables close to Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, are reportedly damaged, and this has caused internet outages in West and South African nations. The West Africa Cable System (WACS), the Africa Coast to Europe (ACE), MainOne, and SAT3 are the undersea cables that have been impacted.

Glo 1, which is owned by Globacom, the largest provider of digital services in Nigeria, was untouched by the damage and is still running as usual. Glo 1-powered financial institutions, internet service providers, and data consumers have all carried on with business as usual. Industry observers are of the view that Glo 1 International Submarine Cable's resilient construction and durability are the reasons the damage did not compromise the cable.

Take your flowers Glo🌹

8 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by parrotpikin: 11:56pm On Mar 16
Perfect example to show that they are truly ‘unlimited’

Only fellow Glo users will understand the pride we’ve been experiencing since this downtime started and people have been coming to us for hotspot😎

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by koladeajumobi1: 12:02am On Mar 17
trendsgirl:

Oh! So the Glo 1 cable works for Glo and still powers other financial institutions and service providers?? It must really really be strong to have not been affected at all

6 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Folasho99: 12:08am On Mar 17
koladeajumobi1:

Oh! So the Glo 1 cable works for Glo and still powers other financial institutions and service providers?? It must really really be strong to have not been affected at all

I was surprised when I saw that part too, the thing is strong o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by nedekid: 4:50am On Mar 17
I will rather stick to my mtn than activate data on my Glo. Data that will waste at the end of the day, as you wount be able to use 100mb out of 30gig by the time it expires.
One bitten twice shy. undecided

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by hansomb: 4:51am On Mar 17
Glo, with Big Pride. Congratulations to them on this. But they need to humble themselves sometimes and learn from others.

5 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by NaijaCover(m): 4:53am On Mar 17
Glo With Pride

3 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Bossman(m): 4:57am On Mar 17
Internet seems to be fine this early morning. I’m using MTN.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Zidoh(m): 5:03am On Mar 17
Glo the most indigenous network....thank you for been there.

5 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by masterfactor(m): 5:06am On Mar 17
Glo wey no dey reliable, na to dey disappear and Appear.MTN is the most reliable network in Nigeria, follow by Airtel

11 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:07am On Mar 17
Houti terrorists over to you guys.you forgot glo underwater cable during the last operation

3 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 5:09am On Mar 17
One of the advantages of using 2 service providers

15 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by kherlly(m): 5:12am On Mar 17
nedekid:
I will rather stick to my mtn than activate data on my Glo. Data that will waste at the end of the day, as you wount be able to use 100mb out of 30gig by the time it expires.
One bitten twice shy. undecided

I can relate

9 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by GloriousGbola: 5:12am On Mar 17
Glo has always spent more on advertising than actual service, and the proliferation of paid w**kers on the thread shows this.

Glo was a shit network before this and now they are a shit network with more pressure on their already overloaded infrastructure.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by 22o62021: 5:20am On Mar 17
My 2 MTN Sims are browsing faster than cheetah

I haven't experienced the internet stuff

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by strictly4data: 5:22am On Mar 17
Okay

1 Like

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Kwaramustgoodag: 5:24am On Mar 17
Even slow Mtn is far better than fastest glo browsing.

38 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Seequadry(m): 5:25am On Mar 17
Our own no even rate us.... They are only good in fake apologies like they mean it....

address your customers give them expected period the issue will take to be resolved.... Give some reasonable assurance and subsidize some services for the period....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Kwaramustgoodag: 5:25am On Mar 17
Folasho99:
Since on Thursday till now, na only we Glo users dey enjoy better network, wahala for who no get Glo line o
and what's the difference between fast glo and slow mtn now

14 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by Inspirer1: 5:30am On Mar 17
Yes Glo is still on but slow too. They really need to step up. Their data plans seems more costly than the yellow one. I wish its fast as the yellow one with same cost or cheaper, I'll definitely stay put with glo,,,, like Reno would say #GrowNairaBuyNaija

Innoson comes to mind too, they need to do more marketing and enlightenment about their vehicles, especially cars,,,, what you see or hear often do get a permannet space on one's mind. Let's do our bit as much as God permits us..

5 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by deeway200(m): 5:43am On Mar 17
Infact, GLO is really surprising me. The way it is running eh. Thank God I have not thrown it away. It's like GLO has started receiving answers to it's numerous prayers which include "Our enemy must die for our glory to be established". I think GLO enemy in that prayer point is MTN and AIRTEL. just joking oooo before atheists come catch me

7 Likes

Re: Internet Outage To Last For 3 Weeks, As Glo 1 Remains Unaffected by HugoBoss10(m): 5:44am On Mar 17
A sponsored message by Glo or what
Because of course both the glo users are complaining too grin grin

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / How Are You Preparing For Dec 1 New Data Rates? / Glo Turns Subscribers To Landlords With Phonelord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.