Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Maltreatment Of Maids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Maltreatment Of Maids (978 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / Lady Wants To Return To Her Country Due To Maltreatment From Her Nigerian Husban / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Please don't mind my English, Was listening to Nedu Wazobia FM,today,in the morning on his regular program "our backyard"and the topic was maltreatment of maids,what baffled me was all the callers who called in, where actually calling out igbo women as very wicked and where giving out instances.
One was saying that she witness where a woman was forcing her maid to eat cockroach and drinking detergent water coz she didn't wash the plate, the other one said her neighbor beat her maid till her body was swollen just because she stole 20naira to buy sugar to smoke garri, am not trying to be trbalistc, this wickedness abound in every tribe but it seems it's so common with women from a particular region,share your own experience or any you have witnessed,please MOD help push this to front page let's discuss.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by dingbang(m): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
I cant live with a monster who dehumanizes other people.

2 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
You just had to make it a tribal thing.

3 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by Righteousness89(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Anyone who lacks the Fear of GOD is Capable of doing anything!

It's not about ibo woman !

If you like be a Fulani or ibibio woman! If you don't have the Fear of GOD, Wickedness will be a lifestyle...

6 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
....Don't know why I don't like keeping maid's.
I prefer paying a nanny. Proberbly,an elderly woman.

4 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....Don't know why I don't like keeping maid's.
I prefer paying a nanny. Proberbly,an elderly woman.
yea that's what most people are doing now, an elderly woman

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by SmileDance(f): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
Slavery still exists in Nigeria. More of the blames go to the people that give out their underage children to become maids and @ op, you can make your point without tribalism
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by bdchange(m): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
The most annoying part of this issue is that the so called husband always turn a blind eye and allowed the wife get away with it by showing little or no concern at all. I will be very blunt with my future wife when it comes about hiring a maid. I will let her know if she won't be treated like a human then no need bringing a maid into our home.

8 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
SmileDance:
Slavery still exists in Nigeria. More of the blames go to the people that give out their underage children to become maids and @ op, you can make your point without tribalism
thanks for that but if I presented it exactly how it was discussed on the radio station.

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
bdchange:
The most annoying part of this issue is that the so called husband always turn a blind eye and allowed the wife get away with it by showing little or no concern at all. I will be very blunt with my future wife when it comes about hiring a maid. I will let her know if she won't be treated like a human then no need bringing a maid into our home.
one of the callers was saying that her step mum broke her head with a turning stick for garri when she was still little, she threatened her not to tell her dad, when her dad came back she told him that she fell down and broke her head, she was taken to the hospital to have it stitched, so sometimes the husbands are not always in the know, wicked women can conceal anything eh
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by bdchange(m): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
ezebunafo:
one of the callers was saying that her step mum broke her head with a turning stick for garri when she was still little, she threatened her not to tell her dad, when her dad came back she told him that she fell down and broke her head, she was taken to the hospital to have it stitched, so sometimes the husbands are not always in the know, wicked women can conceal anything eh
There is no way you will live with someone and don't know their bad side except you want to deny it. It's just like how we know some of our mothers to be wicked yet we still defend them no matter what. So most men know what their wife is capable of, they just ignore or turn a blind eye.

7 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by drmikeadams(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
dingbang:
I cant live with a monster who dehumanizes other people.

Some times husbands no dey know,,the wife go dey nice wen hubby dey around,,once hubby Comot ,madam go turn vampire and go threaten house help make e no tell oga..

Some yeye men go know,them no go do anything

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
bdchange:

There is no way you will live with someone and don't know their bad side except you want to deny it. It's just like how we know some of our mothers to be wicked yet we still defend them no matter what. So most men know what their wife is capable of, they just ignore or turn a blind eye.
yea you really got a point there, we defend our mothers even when they are wicked this really got me.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by LadySarah: 10:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
It is rampant in Igbland. I'm Igbo but I will say the truth. The men who should speak up look the other way. When I lived with my help, alot of ppl told me I was spoiling him but my heart won't let me.what's the big deal in buying her good clothes or sending her to a good school /trade or eating what you are eating.

My Aunt and I once visited a woman whose helps slept in the kitchen while several rooms were empty in the duplex, eat only okro soup while her family eats Egusi. Lol. I saw that wickedness could make one very stupid. Mumu woman whose children looked obese grin grin

Between Egusi n Okra, which is healthier angry grin

If I worked with NAPTIP, I would arrest man and wife together and their punishment will be to do community service at the helps hometown. Maybe just maybe since the women don't want to have sense the man will step in to caution her if he knows that he will suffer for his wife's deeds.

Onweghi onye uwa zuru,Onweghikwanu onye MA echi, learn to treat ppl well.

7 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
LadySarah:
It is rampant in Igbland. I'm Igbo but I will say the truth. The men who should speak up look the other way. When I lived with my help, alot of ppl told me I was spoiling him but my heart won't let me.

Onweghi onye uwa zuru, learn to treat ppl well.
this is a bitter truth sister.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by elektra(f): 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
I get so uncomfortable whenever I visit Nigeria. Family members will be maltreating their maids in your presence. I said something once and was accused to “becoming Americanized”.
And these same people spend so much time in church. Gods name is always on their lips. I just tire.

4 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by Donald3d(m): 2:43am On Jun 13, 2020
I don't want to sound controversial neither am I supporting marital domestic violence. But this same women who maltreat other people's children would protest if their husband tests if their face is still soft with a slap grin grin .

I don't pity women who maltreat their maids and also get maltreated by their husbands .... I am in no way supporting violence at all !!!, but I don't pity them. Don't be a hypocrite. Do unto others as you want others to do unto you.

Its not that hard to be a kind human being, it gives you so much peace of mind and fulfillment, at least for me, knowing no one holds any grudge against you for an intentional and wicked action.

The funny thing is they still leave their kids under the care of this same maid they are maltreating grin grin grin , that courage and "mind" is very strong ooo.... Dem neva jam winch maid, wey go poison and kill their entire family.... How do they still have the confidence eating the food the maid prepares after maltreating them. This confidence needs to be studied by Harvard scientists grin grin .

Some women are so wicked, you would think the devil is their apprentice grin grin grin grin. Devil dey do internship for their company grin grin grin .

I personally know someone, when he was little, the woman would make eba, leave it in a cupboard for days, when it has grown enough fungi( if you have forgotten eba or bread somewhere before you would understand what I am saying), she would force him and his brother to eat it, after starving them for a long time.

I know many more stories, real-life stories.

I just want you to know that if you are this kind of person, understand that no sin goes unpunished. Repent !!!! . They are humans !!! Don't allow your sins affect your children.

6 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by saintvc(m): 3:46am On Jun 13, 2020
bdchange:

if husband talk,she will accuse him of liking her.......u no sabi woman

4 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 4:25am On Jun 13, 2020
saintvc:

if husband talk,she will accuse him of liking her.......u no sabi woman
lol or make you buy something for your maid she go accuse you of having something with her
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by SmileDance(f): 5:04am On Jun 13, 2020
ezebunafo:
thanks for that but if I presented it exactly how it was discussed on the radio station.
if it was discussed that way, you can decide to be 'smarter' than the radio station by saying ' a particular tribe' and not necessarily mentioning the tribe. These wicked women cut across tribes my dear. My opinion tho.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by ezebunafo(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
SmileDance:
if it was discuses that way, you can decide to be 'smarter' than the radio station by saying ' a particlar triibe' and not necessarily mentioning the tribe. These wicked women cut across tribes my dear. My opinion tho.
ok thanks for that.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by uglodoh(f): 9:37am On May 18, 2023
bdchange:
There are times the man will caution the wife, the wife will rain insults on the man and even tell the man the child is not his family. You as a person what will you do? Sometimes the men do not know what goes on in their houses especially those that away from their homes for days. The wives lie to their husbands.
The people to blame are the ones giving out the children out as maids. Those that maltreat their maid are usually full time house wives and traders.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by uglodoh(f): 9:44am On May 18, 2023
elektra:
I get so uncomfortable whenever I visit Nigeria. Family members will be maltreating their maids in your presence. I said something once and was accused to “becoming Americanized”.
And these same people spend so much time in church. Gods name is always on their lips. I just tire.
These women have positions in churches and their pastors know about this maltreatment just like their husbands and children.
Re: Maltreatment Of Maids by kingthreat(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2023
LadySarah:
It is rampant in Igbland. I'm Igbo but I will say the truth. The men who should speak up look the other way. When I lived with my help, alot of ppl told me I was spoiling him but my heart won't let me.what's the big deal in buying her good clothes or sending her to a good school /trade or eating what you are eating.

My Aunt and I once visited a woman whose helps slept in the kitchen while several rooms were empty in the duplex, eat only okro soup while her family eats Egusi. Lol. I saw that wickedness could make one very stupid. Mumu woman whose children looked obese grin grin

Between Egusi n Okra, which is healthier angry grin

If I worked with NAPTIP, I would arrest man and wife together and their punishment will be to do community service at the helps hometown. Maybe just maybe since the women don't want to have sense the man will step in to caution her if he knows that he will suffer for his wife's deeds.

Onweghi onye uwa zuru,Onweghikwanu onye MA echi, learn to treat ppl well.

Thanks for stating the obvious. If bold minds like you can actually speak up against this, it will go a long way. I once stayed in an Igbo family, the maid was treated good by the wife of the home. But the wife's sister saw it as her special duty to frustrate the life of the 12-year old maid. This is someone that cooks your food and you are treating her like crap. This unnecessary sadistic attitude has to stop. Why do a few women find it difficult to love children that are not related to them?

(1) (Reply)

Was It Necessary To Express Condolence? / Only Water Is Not Enough To Clean Your Vulva!!!! / As A Guest, Is It Rude To Finish Or Not To Finish My Glass Before Leaving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.