Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? (1019 Views)

Door-To-Door Sperm Delivery: Married UK Man Who Travels Offering Sperm Services / Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Man Dumps His Wife In Nigeria & Travels To The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Lamanii22(f): 9:23pm On May 23, 2022
I don’t know how wives cope when their husband’s away and vice versa… My husband travelled today and it’s been the longest day ever for me, I don’t know how I would cope for the next couple of days… any ideas on what to do if your spouse is away for a couple of days…. Please wives/mothers! Let’s hear you, thank you…
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Uniquetani1(f): 9:34pm On May 23, 2022
Read a book
Watch interesting movie
Eat my favorite food
Sleep and meditate
Dance

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by DeutschJunge: 9:59pm On May 23, 2022
Just out of curiosity, do you all spend your time together, like every second of the day? It’s either that or you are newly married.

No offence OP, it just beats my imagination, that people could be this attached.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Stallionhorse: 10:07pm On May 23, 2022
Fast and pray for a successful trip and safe return!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by poshestmina(f): 10:30pm On May 23, 2022
Go to your business/work.
Cook/eat.
Watch movies.
Church services.
House chores.
Novels/Books.

The same routine, as usual, I only just miss them at night.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by meobizy(f): 8:04am On May 24, 2022
If your life was boring during his time around it will remain boring with his departure. Men are easier to advice as one can say “perform the activities you did as a bachelor.” Even with twenty-four hour surveillance some men are able to pull it off talk less of when their spouses travel.

All I can advice is “do the same things you performed when he was around.” Sleep earlier while at it because you won’t find this much peace on the regular.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by ImaIma1(f): 8:10am On May 24, 2022
Most times, I pack my load and he goes to drop us at my sister's place. I can't shout. We fight more when we are apart especially when his trip is extended.

But when school is still in session, I'm stuck because kid has to go to school.

So I can relate. It's never a time I look forward to at all. I'm so used to being together.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by debbydams(f): 9:44am On May 24, 2022
Lamanii22:
I don’t know how wives cope when their husband’s away and vice versa… My husband travelled today and it’s been the longest day ever for me, I don’t know how I would cope for the next couple of days… any ideas on what to do if your spouse is away for a couple of days…. Please wives/mothers! Let’s hear you, thank you…
get occupied..u can visit your parent too

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Musty112: 9:47am On May 24, 2022
Go on monday and come back on friday gang where una dy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Lamanii22(f): 10:25am On May 24, 2022
debbydams:
get occupied..u can visit your parent too
okay… thanks debby
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Lamanii22(f): 10:31am On May 24, 2022
DeutschJunge:
Just out of curiosity, do you all spend your time together, like every second of the day? It’s either that or you are newly married.

No offence OP, it just beats my imagination, that people could be this attached.
he works from home basically… not like we are always together every second of the day, he goes out sometimes, maybe cause I don’t have friends which is why I am attached to him… I don’t even know…
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by Lamanii22(f): 10:32am On May 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Fast and pray for a successful trip and safe return!!
awwwn okay ma’am doing that already.. thank you
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by DeutschJunge: 10:34am On May 24, 2022
meobizy:
If your life was boring during his time around it will remain boring with his departure. Men are easier to advice as one can say “perform the activities you did as a bachelor.” Even with twenty-four hour surveillance some men are able to pull it off talk less of when their spouses travel.

All I can advice is “do the same things you performed when he was around.” Sleep earlier while at it because you won’t find this much peace on the regular.

Do you mind expatiating on the peace part? I am not married but is it not possible to have some nights alone to yourselves. Can’t you decide on 2 nights in a week just to be to yourselves and not involve the other in whatever you are doing?
I don’t know how marriage works but I’d really be hurt to find out when I am away from my spouse, they would think of it as “peace”.

Lamanii22:
he works from home basically… not like we are always together every second of the day, he goes out sometimes, maybe cause I don’t have friends which is why I am attached to him… I don’t even know…

I think that could be a reason, I can relate to that. You probably don’t live in the city you grew up or maybe just an introvert. Either ways, try to find a small project that you are interested in, whatever it maybe, I’d advice something that has to do with a skill and work on it while he is away. Doesn’t have to be the generic, baking and sewing. But hey, if that’s here your interest is, direct that time to it.
Wish you the best.

P.S
I think it’s really cute that you miss him. It’s so wholesome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by meobizy(f): 2:48pm On May 24, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Do you mind expatiating on the peace part? I am not married but is it not possible to have some nights alone to yourselves. Can’t you decide on 2 nights in a week just to be to yourselves and not involve the other in whatever you are doing?
I don’t know how marriage works but I’d really be hurt to find out when I am away from my spouse, they would think of it as “peace”.

Silence. Alone time. Solitude. Marriages aren't a big fairy tale where things are quiet all the time. Arguments are bound to take place even in the most peaceful of homes. Her union is likely new. Eventually she'll realize what I mentioned.

Regardless of whether married or not there is a big difference between sleeping in another room with the spouse still in the house and the person traveling out for business.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by DontBullshitMe: 3:01pm On May 25, 2022
Adultery.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Partner/spouse Travels? by simple250: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
Go out in the morning come back late like 10pm after taking like 3bottles,jump on the bed sleep off .wake up the next day jump out again no time.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Shaving VIRGINA Of Females Church Members / Lady Cries After Learning That Her Husband Has Been Having Sleeping With Her Mom / k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.