Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? (1550 Views)

If Seyi Can Relocate To Canada, Then You Can - See How She Did It Here. / Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) / Has Anyone Applied For Germany Blue Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? by nonslike: 2:16am On Jun 13, 2020
Dear NL,
I am a mother of three then found out that I wanna relocate outside the country and Canada is the choice of country to stay.
I applied for a BSC degree even though I already have a BSC from Ghana.
I am awaiting my addmission letter etc. However , I just found out I am preggy.

Do I go with TRV or continue to process my study visa ? How will this impact on my studies /pregnancy/travel?
Do I go as a student or as a visitor and then change status and apply for study permit when i am inside Canada?
I have travel history - USA , UK . Turkey , Ghana
The university - Manitoba /Sask- applied to both - allows for three intakes . ie if you applied for winter intake as i did and cant start you can defere till Summer or Fall .
Has anyone been in this situation before?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? by cjwalter(m): 2:39am On Jun 13, 2020
I have not ma...but my advice is pray seriously about it, i believe God will show you the best route to follow. Having said that let wait to hear for professional in visa application....Thanks
Re: Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? by VickyRotex(f): 2:59am On Jun 13, 2020
Do I go with TRV or continue to process my study visa ? How will this impact on my studies /pregnancy/travel?

Your study permit is also a TRV (i.e., your permit is what qualifies you for a TRV on your passport) unless you're referring to a visiting visa in the above quote.

I recommend you go with the study permit status. It's much easier to go from Study permit to PR.
Going as a visitor will only add an extra layer of time and processes.

I dont see how being pregnant will affect your study permit. You can always defer by several semesters even when you've already started your program. That's why some schools give you upto 4 years to complete a program of 2 years.

Also you could even have your study permit and defer until you're ready to resume. That way you know you already have the permit. Most schools allow you to defer upto 2 times before you resume.

I had a friend who was in same situation couple of years ago and she did the same thing. (Applied for study permit, got to Canada with her husband and 1 son then had her baby in Canada during her studies). She's no longer active here would have mentioned her.

I recommend you visit this thread below as well. There are people with similar experience and they'll be glad to assist you with the information required.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#up

If you're still unable to find the information you need, feel free to mention me and I'll connect you offline with my friend. But note that some processes may have changed over the years, so I still recommend you visit the above referenced thread.

I'll let others chime in with further information or corrections.
Re: Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? by Davash222(m): 3:25am On Jun 13, 2020
A mother of 3 kids... You want to leave your husband and kids and japa or they're there already

1 Like

Re: Applied For Admission In Canada Then Became Pregnant What To Do ? by justwise(m): 6:27am On Jun 13, 2020
VickyRotex:

Your study permit is also a TRV (i.e., your permit is what qualifies you for a TRV on your passport) unless you're referring to a visiting visa in the above quote.

I recommend you go with the study permit status. It's much easier to go from Study permit to PR.
Going as a visitor will only add an extra layer of time and processes.

I dont see how being pregnant will affect your study permit. You can always defer by several semesters even when you've already started your program. That's why some schools give you upto 4 years to complete a program of 2 years.

Also you could even have your study permit and defer until you're ready to resume. That way you know you already have the permit. Most schools allow you to defer upto 2 times before you resume.

I had a friend who was in same situation couple of years ago and she did the same thing. (Applied for study permit, got to Canada with her husband and 1 son then had her baby in Canada during her studies). She's no longer active here would have mentioned her.

I recommend you visit this thread below as well. There are people with similar experience and they'll be glad to assist you with the information required.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#up

If you're still unable to find the information you need, feel free to mention me and I'll connect you offline with my friend. But note that some processes may have changed over the years, so I still recommend you visit the above referenced thread.

I'll let others chime in with further information or corrections.

2 Likes

(1)

School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing / Can The Us Give Me Visa Easily? / Moving From Greece To Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.