Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Repent, Believe The Gospel And Live Out The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repent, Believe The Gospel And Live Out The Gospel (139 Views)

What Is The Gospel And Who Is The First Unbeliever? / Repent, Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified / Gospel And Undiluted Teaching On Tithing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Repent, Believe The Gospel And Live Out The Gospel by ochibuogwu5: 2:36am On Jun 13, 2020
"...the word of God came to John, the son of Zacharias, in the wilderness. 3 And he went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin; 4 as it is written and forever remains written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet,

“The voice of one shouting in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
Make His paths straight.
‘Every ravine shall be filled up,
And every mountain and hill shall be leveled;
And the crooked [places] shall be made straight,
And the rough roads smooth;
and all mankind shall see the salvation of God.’”

7 So he began saying to the crowds who were coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of [f]vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath [of God that is] to come? 8 Therefore produce fruit that is worthy of [and consistent with your] repentance [that is, live changed lives, turn from sin and seek God and His righteousness]. And do not even begin to say to yourselves [as a defense], ‘We have Abraham for our father [and so our heritage assures us of salvation]’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children (descendants) for Abraham [for God can replace the unrepentant, regardless of their heritage, with those who are obedient]"
(Luke 3:2b-8 amp)
Re: Repent, Believe The Gospel And Live Out The Gospel by ochibuogwu5: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Unforgiveness is captivity here on earth and life after death:

No matter how hurt/betrayed you feel by friends, family, colleagues, spouse, neighbors e.t.c. and you continue to hold unto unforgiveness, or go ahead to lay a curse on such person;
the curse may manifest in that person's life but you have also laid a new foundation of captivity/backwardness for yourself which will only be lifted the moment you forgive and reconcile with such person or group.

Immediately job forgave his 3-friends who betrayed him and prayed for them, he received twice all that he lost thus

" So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the Lord told them; and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer.
10 The Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before." (Job 42:9-10)

If anybody continues to live in unforgiveness and dies inside it, he has rejected the mercy of God in His Only Son; Jesus Christ Crucified on the Cross of Calvary to redeem all mankind from the condemnation of sin and accepted the wrath of God forever and ever thus

"Then his master called him and said to him, ‘You wicked and contemptible slave, I forgave all that [great] debt of yours because you begged me. 33 Should you not have had mercy on your fellow slave [who owed you little by comparison], as I had mercy on you?’ 34 And in wrath his master turned him over to the torturers (jailers) until he paid all that he owed. 35 My heavenly Father will also do the same to [every one of] you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.” (Matthew 18:32-35)

Who are you holding in unforgiveness("...untie him/her, and let him go" John 11:44) ?

Could your current situation that appears like captivity/backwardness be as a result of unforgiveness ?

Ask Jesus Christ Crucified to forgive you for holding unto this instrument of the devil (unforgiveness)

Ask the Father to fill you with His mercy, love, grace, humility and forgiveness within and around you through His Holy Spirit such that you call those who you have stopped communicating with because of unforgiveness no matter how deep their wounds appeared towards you and make a physical visit towards those who you can reach out for reconciliation.

Father, I receive grace to forgive all those who hurt/offend me because they do not know what they did to me in Jesus Name. Amen. (Luke 23:34)

Abbah Father, I receive grace to manifest in action/attitude this complete forgiveness towards all those who hurt me previously and those who will offend me in the future in Jesus Name. Amen.

Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of Truth: Thought Forms. / That Which The Majority Will Never Right / Anything You Will Be Buoyant Of You Are First Bankrupt Of.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.