Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP (33072 Views)

10th NASS: South-West Senators Consider Other Options, May Drop Akpabio / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / Ambode Weighs Options As Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Crownbefitsme(f): 6:33am On Jun 13, 2020

There were indications yesterday that the Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki may be heading for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) following his disqualification from the All Progressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial primary in the state.

A top member of Obaseki’s faction of the APC in Edo State, told Saturday Sun that the governor is weighing all the options available to him in the actualisation of his second term ambition and will announce his next line of action in a few days.

According to the source, there have been pressure on the governor to dump the ruling party owing to the face-off between him and his predecessor and National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole.

He stated that Obaseki had said he would remain in the APC and fight to the end as regards his aspiration to contest for a second term on the platform of the party.

The party chief, however, said following the disqualification of Obaseki by the APC screening committee for the Edo gubernatorial primary, it is obvious that the governor has reached the end of the road in the ruling party and may be joining the PDP in the next couple of days.
The party leader told our correspondent that before now, the Edo governor had commenced negotiation with leaders of the PDP over the possibility of flying the party ‘s flag in the September 19, governorship poll.

He explained that the talk broke down over who will be Obaseki’s running mate, should the PDP cede its governorship ticket to him. The source explained that why the governor insisted on retaining his deputy governor, Philip Shaibu, the leaders of the PDP, on the other hand, wants the Edo deputy governor dropped from the ticket.

“The main issue was the issue of deputy governorship candidate. They (PDP leaders) said they will give him a deputy and he (Obaseki) will drop his current deputy. The governor’s constraint has been dropping Shaibu, who is very loyal to him. However, events will unfold soon. Let’s say between now and next week, we will know where we are. The pressures have been on him to go to PDP, but he said he will fight the battle to the end,” the source said.

Nevertheless, he said with the turn of events, the negotiation between the governor and the opposition party is likely to resume, expressing hopes that the grey areas will be resolved.

A top PDP official told our correspondent yesterday that the opposition party is open to receiving any Nigerian, who is qualified into its fold.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/edo-guber-obaseki-weighs-options-may-settle-for-pdp-2/

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by hisexcellency34: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2020
He should retain his Deputy....very loyal guy

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by PureGoldh(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
I talk am...Cross-Over things...from Pillar to post

As plan A no work out....He will switch to Plan B

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by pablotini: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
is that a better option?

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by miniziter(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Its better that way. I will personally vote for him and even motivate my Ovia north east people.

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by martineverest(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Edo people prayers don dey answer ..... Oshiomhole don fall himself into Edo trap.

watch how Edo APC and PDP will unite to send Oshiomhole out of Edo state

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by goshen26: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
So PDP want to waste their time and resources abi?.

Someone was disqualified on the ground of certificate and you want to adopt him, if u eventually win they will raise the certificate saga again.

Well, they can woo him, then look for a candidate without blemish. Obaseki can help fight APC if his leg is strong, but with federal might PDP stand no chance

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by alsudaes1(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
That's probably his plan B.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Spaxon(f): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Transfer News Update.

Chelsea (APC) has reportedly allowed their controversial striker Tammy Obaseki leave the club on a free transfer to league rivals, Manchester City (PDP), due to the recent rift between the Manager, (Oshiomole) n the player.
That saw the player unused on the bench for several matches.

He's completed his medicals overnight, and will likely not start from Bench as sources confirmed he's already in the first 11.

Probably the new captain...

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by jlinkd78(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
The Deputy should come up to speed in reasoning and allow his master accept PDP offer of giving him a deputy knowing fully well that's d only way Obaseki can come back to be a governor. Being very loyal he can still be part of d govt may be with other portfolios. As it stands now anything to d contrary means both of them are out

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Openbusiness: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Daz his gaddem problem. If he like, he can decamp to the moon. I can never carry any politician problem for head. I just pity the dumb youths wey go carry politicians problems for head like gala, forgetting that these same useless politicians don't even care 1 inch about them. When he dey chop Edo money, e chop am with me? Abeg abeg, carry your load and gedifok off grin

32 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by GoldenJAT(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Let the game begins!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Kellie069(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Believe me or not, oshiomole is evil!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by cbngov01(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
I will look forward to them smoothening the deal out and him flying the PDP flag...

Lets see what will happen cos Edo and Lagos are two different states and a lot of strong men are on both sides of the divide in Edo state. The era of always going to see Tinubu and co should also stop. El-Rufai warned the govs not to visit him cos nothing will come out of their visit.

The TAILOR is trying to sell his party and he has bitten more than he can chew!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by TGM2015: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Wrong move. Was is not the same PDP that took him to court, opening the eyes of APC that their candidate never attended University of Ibadan and possibly has a defective certificates in 2016?

As it is now, how is that possible when the sale of nomination and expression of interest has closed? Except by concensus/mutual agreement of all PDP aspirations, any imposition of candidates in PDP as at today will make PDP loose woefully legally and in the booth.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by gambia(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Politics is a very dirty game, you must be a gamer to excel in it.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Taiwojon(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by chukwuibuipob: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
cool very good. cool smiley wink cheesy.We Igbos are behind him*Now watching Lagos to Benin/Benin to Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by BuhariNaWah: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Where he for go before?
KOWA?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by miniziter(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
pablotini:
And u think that's a better option?
Can you best tell us the best option so I can tell him as I am going to him tomorrow.?

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Slawormir: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by SmartProf(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
I made an earlier warning on this, that this man has done too much grandstanding to think he'll have a lifeline again in APC. Such actions should naturally inform him that he needs to realise his ambition elsewhere, but I wonder who fooled him to think he had a chance with the APC. The PDP may have gone too far in their process for him to hijack what other aspirants have solidified for this election. He can take up the candidacy of one of those 2 alphabets political parties that begins with 'A', so that his party logo can be first on the ballot paper, maybe it will give him an advantage during thumb printing. In the end all these moves politicians make are not meant to better the people they govern, so I don't care

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by olu77(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Very funny. I can bet my balls whatever move he makes will not change anything. This is demonstration of craziness we are practicing. Electioneering is just formality, the winner is preselected. Thesame way Obaseki was thrown there because of party relationship same way the new person that got it right will be sworn in.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by olujastro: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Nigerian politicians never learn anything from history.

An outgoing governor fights with all his might to install his successor, only to fall out with him before the next election.

Fashola is the only exception - did his 8yrs, campaigned for his successor and totally left him to take full control afterwards.

I'm tired of supporting their stupid, endless political fights. Anyone who wants to defect to wherever for whatever political issues between godfather and successor, it's his business.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by ezebunafo(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Wrong move, learn from ambo

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by martineverest(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
pablotini:
And u think that's a better option?
the most powerful combination in Edo political history.....obaseki is the only reason Edo people still like APC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by chukwuibuipob: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2020
grin laff in super power cheesy grin grin
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by sammirano: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2020
Better. I will vote 4 him

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by martineverest(m): 6:46am On Jun 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
He should retain his Deputy....very loyal guy
his deputy is the real politician and thug that obaseki need

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Pious101: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyo Governorship: Gunmen Invade Folarin’s Family Compound, Injure Many / Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured / Elenda Liyel-Imoke Celebrates Her 17th Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.