Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured (33067 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Scores Of Students In Delta State / Edo Train Abduction: 4 Children, 2 Others Rescued from captivity / 1,000 Gunmen Attack Shadadi, Niger State, Kidnap Scores Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by oshozondii: 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2023
The Edo State Police Command on Saturday night announced that scores of travellers waiting to board a train from Igueben in Igueben Local Government Area of the state to Warri in Delta State, were kidnapped by suspected herdsmen.

The Command, in a press statement endorsed by its spokesman, Chidi Nwabuzor, at about 9.55pm, stated that the incident happened at about 4.00pm on Saturday.

According to the statement, the suspected herdsmen, who were armed with AK 47 rifles, invaded the train station and shot sporadically into the air before herding unspecified number of intending travellers into the bush.

In the process, some of the passengers, the Command added, sustained bullet wounds, just as it assured that bush combing and rescue operations had begun to rescue those that were kidnapped.

The text of the statement reads:

This is to inform the gentlemen of the press that today, 7th of January, 2023 at about 1600hrs, unspecified number of Herdsmen armed with AK 47 riffles attacked the train station at Igueben, Edo State and kidnapped unspecified number of passengers who were waiting to board the train to Warri.

“The kidnappers who shot sporadically into the air before kidnapping some passengers left some persons with bullet wounds. The Area Commander Irrua, DPO Igueben Division, and men have visited the scene of crime with members of Edo State Security Network, local vigilante, and hunter with a view to protect the lives and property of the remaining passengers.

“Bush Combing operations have commenced in order to rescue the victims and arrest the fleeing kidnappers. Further development will be communicated”, the PPRO stated.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/suspected-herdsmen-kidnap-scores-at-edo-train-station-many-injured/

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by JoeNL22(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
oshozondii:
The Edo State Police Command on Saturday night announced that scores of travellers waiting to board a train from Igueben in Igueben Local Government Area of the state to Warri in Delta State, were kidnapped by suspected herdsmen.

The Command, in a press statement endorsed by its spokesman, Chidi Nwabuzor, at about 9.55pm, stated that the incident happened at about 4.00pm on Saturday.

According to the statement, the suspected herdsmen, who were armed with AK 47 rifles, invaded the train station and shot sporadically into the air before herding unspecified number of intending travellers into the bush.

In the process, some of the passengers, the Command added, sustained bullet wounds, just as it assured that bush combing and rescue operations had begun to rescue those that were kidnapped.

The text of the statement reads:

“This is to inform the gentlemen of the press that today, 7th of January, 2023 at about 1600hrs, unspecified number of Herdsmen armed with AK 47 riffles attacked the train station at Igueben, Edo State and kidnapped unspecified number of passengers who were waiting to board the train to Warri.

“The kidnappers who shot sporadically into the air before kidnapping some passengers left some persons with bullet wounds. The Area Commander Irrua, DPO Igueben Division, and men have visited the scene of crime with members of Edo State Security Network, local vigilante, and hunter with a view to protect the lives and property of the remaining passengers.

“Bush Combing operations have commenced in order to rescue the victims and arrest the fleeing kidnappers. Further development will be communicated”, the PPRO stated.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/suspected-herdsmen-kidnap-scores-at-edo-train-station-many-injured/

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Obi......hope you are taking note?

Security!!! Security!! Security! must be your Topper-most priority. Its becoming three much. We sane Nigerians know your blueprint for the security Infrastructure you intend to Implement when not If you are sworn in office cum may, 2023.
We need this situation of insecurity to reduce to at most 101% and at least 99%
For with You sir, a safe and secured Nigeria is PO'ssible.

253 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by SLAP44: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
APC government. Is a crime.

182 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Eurasia: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
Buhari’s kinsmen

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by guuudy87(m): 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2023
This is what some set of people have reduced Nigeria to.

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
Please take note!

Tomorrow them go claim say na Igbos

Na God go dey expose una

214 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by DispatcherLagos: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
grin

One day, e sure me say they go thief that train completely. No be naija again?

On the other hand, APC has done so well to convince every sane Nigeria not to vote for anyone contesting under their umbrella.
My question is this, what other convincing do all those that abandon their daily hustle to attend their rallies need?

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by chatinent: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2023
Nigeria is in trouble.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2023
Buhari and Tinubu legacy

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by BeardedmeatR(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2023
Where are the cows?

The microphone licking urinating machine - 2022.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by PDJT: 12:37am On Jan 08, 2023
-This Islamic government in Nigeria is just starting, me thinks, until the Indigenous People carved into the British experiment fights back.

-It's only cowardice that has stopped Nigeria plunging into a proper civil war.

-Nigeria is at war but many doesn't know it yet. Everyone should wait their turn, it won't take long.

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by gidgiddy: 12:38am On Jan 08, 2023
This one didn't happen in the South East, so cant be falsely blamed on IPOB, which is why it wont get much attention or comments

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by NwaIdeato: 12:47am On Jan 08, 2023
gidgiddy:
This one didn't happen in the South East, so cant be falsely blamed on IPOB, which is why it wont get much attention or comments

You're really one shameless apologist and enabler of unrest in the East, you are fond of making false equivalences and "whataboutisms" just to deflect and draw attention away from the ripple effects of insecurity pervading the East due to the effect of IPOB. Don't you want peace in Igboland? Are you aware that so many Igbos abroad were scared to return home for the Christmas out of fear of being killed or kidnapped by unknown gunmen, if ESN were that effective as you touted them to be, why are they not dealing with this unknown gunmen/herdsmen causing havoc in the East? why are they attacking security personnels instead of securing the East as they promised? now Igbo communities across the SE have become target practice for useless Nigerian soldiers who are looking for every opportunity to unleash terror in the East because IPOB foot soldiers are hell bent of destroying Igboland with their new brand of terrorism.

You are a despicable individual and I hope you enjoy the violence you enabled in Igboland.

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Roboto11: 12:58am On Jan 08, 2023
NwaIdeato:

You're really one shameless apologist and enabler of unrest in the East, you are fond of making false equivalences and "whataboutisms" just to deflect and draw attention away from the ripple effects of insecurity pervading the East due to the effect of IPOB. Don't you want peace in Igboland? Are you aware that so many Igbos abroad were scared to return home for the Christmas out of fear of being killed or kidnapped by unknown gunmen, if ESN were that effective as you touted them to be, why are they not dealing with this unknown gunmen/herdsmen causing havoc in the East? why are they attacking security personnels instead of securing the East as they promised? now Igbo communities across the SE have become target practice for useless Nigerian soldiers who are looking for every opportunity to unleash terror in the East because IPOB foot soldiers are hell bent of destroying Igboland with their new brand of terrorism.

You are a despicable individual and I hope you enjoy the violence you enabled in Igboland.
Please tell him.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by MansoryMX(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2023
Religion of peace people have resume their terror on innocent and suffering Nigerians again! This time around they didn't wait for the chickens to pass! They came to the poultry!!!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by gidgiddy: 1:09am On Jan 08, 2023
NwaIdeato:

Jokers like you make me laugh

You are so pained by the insecurity in the South East, but not really pained when ISWAP, Boko harm, killer herdsmen and other armed bandits are slaughtering people all over the North

You are so pained about insecurity, but didnt comment here about those who may have kidnapped the people talked about on this thread, you only commented when I mentioned IPOB

You feel so much about insecurity in the South East, but have nothing to say about those allegedly killed by armed herdsmen in Ogbaru in Anambra, Eha-Amufu in Enugu, in the last one month

Your own insecurity starts and stops with insecurity that can be linked with IPOB, whether rightly or wrongly

Yet if you are are asked to provide one single evidence that IPOB is involved in violence, all you will have is hearsay

Go sleep man

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by NwaIdeato: 4:12am On Jan 08, 2023
gidgiddy:

You are so pained by the insecurity in the South East, but not really pained when ISWAP, Boko harm, killer herdsmen and other armed bandits are slaughtering people all over the North

You are so pained about insecurity, but didnt comment here about those who may have kidnapped the people talked about on this thread, you only commented when I mentioned IPOB

You feel so much about insecurity in the South East, but have nothing to say about those allegedly killed by armed herdsmen in Ogbaru in Anambra, Eha-Amufu in Enugu, in the last one month

Your own insecurity starts and stops with insecurity that can be linked with IPOB, whether rightly or wrongly

Yet if you are are asked to provide one single evidence that IPOB is involved in violence, all you will have is hearsay

Go sleep man

Here we go again with the redundant whataboutisms, when you IPOB mo.rons get fact-checked with superior argument, you resort to your old lame tactics of comparing the insecurity in the East to the North...do you now want to compete with the North over terrorism? if Boko haram and ISWAP are destroying the North, why then should I give a toss about the Northerners who have embraced this terrorism when I should otherwise care more about peace in Alaigbo? Honestly you IPOB robots are just programmed to think alike, same IQ-draining, silly and daft reasoning.

You talk about the herdsmen killings in Eha amufu and Ogbaru, the question is, WHERE ARE ESN? I thought they were sworn to the creed of their guns to defend Igboland from these herdsmen? or are ESN now online noisemakers who only know how to declare their useless economy-sabotaging sit-at- homes while terrorizing poor Igbo market women, men and children trying to fend for their families? another daft attempt at defending your terrorism! I have never seen ESN capture one single fulani herdsman trespassing in the East since they began their propaganda of lies and deceit, NEVER! I dare you to post one video of a fulani bandit who was apprehended by ESN...na to dey terrorize hapless Igbo civilians and dehumanizing female soldiers dem sabi do pass.

I just hope you don't stay in the safety of the USA, Asia or Europe while enabling the destruction of Alaigbo, cause if that's the case...may you never die well.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Ofodirinwa: 4:30am On Jan 08, 2023
gidgiddy:

Go sleep man

I watch 'insecurity in the southeast' gang with a side eye. Only they can tell me what they want, but I can also tell them what I see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Racoon(m): 4:35am On Jan 08, 2023
God another train kidnapping incident? This is just a big shame and disgrace to this sitting government because the railways is an exclusive agency of the FG.

Given the ugly Abuja-Rigasa incident, it is expected the FG ought to have taken adequate measures to avert another painful incident of this nation by deploying drone technology, the brillant railways security surveillance system Rotimi Amaechi once talked about

Alas! Fulani terrorists the wicked have choose not to label the terrorists that they are have proven them correct over and over. Meanwhile, some bastards here are still promoting APC for re-election? May it never be well with them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by APCnaPDP: 4:38am On Jan 08, 2023
Yet Nigerians want to reinforce failure by voting for APC again. Why?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Doubleoh7: 4:40am On Jan 08, 2023
They are now so emboldened to come to stations and kidnap waiting passengers. Yet someone somewhere feels the party overseeing the affairs of the country for the past 7.5 years, that have seen our security descend to this new low should be rewarded with continuity? 2023 presidential elections is obviously an existential one for Nigeria and Nigerians, let's see how far Nigerians really want to survive.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Napata77: 4:42am On Jan 08, 2023
NwaIdeato:

You're really one shameless apologist and enabler of unrest in the East, you are fond of making false equivalences and "whataboutisms" just to deflect and draw attention away from the ripple effects of insecurity pervading the East due to the effect of IPOB.

Don't you want peace in Igboland? Are you aware that so many Igbos abroad were scared to return home for the Christmas out of fear of being killed or kidnapped by unknown gunmen, if ESN were that effective as you touted them to be, why are they not dealing with this unknown gunmen/herdsmen causing havoc in the East? why are they attacking security personnels instead of securing the East as they promised? now Igbo communities across the SE have become target practice for useless Nigerian soldiers who are looking for every opportunity to unleash terror in the East because IPOB foot soldiers are hell bent of destroying Igboland with their new brand of terrorism.

He doesn't want peace in Igboland, because peace means Nigeria is working, hence no need for 'Biafra'.

So Igbos are repulsed by the idea of 'peace' in Igboland.

It's the last thing they want.

The biggest threat to the corporate existence, safety and security of Igbos today is not Fulani herdsmen, Buhari or Tinubu.

It is IPOB.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by franchasng: 4:42am On Jan 08, 2023
NwaIdeato:

Shutup.

Current insecurity in Imo state for instance is no longer IPOB, but politics and criminality.

2 or 3 days ago, some kidnapping squad were caught at a town in Mbaise Imo state and to the surprise of many, they named their sponsor and boss as one popular Imo state man. Police stormed one of his hotels with community people and found AK47 rifles and other ammunitions stockpiled there as the gang members confessed to being responsible for many of the kidnapping and robbery in Imo.

Though the man is known to be a man with questionable means of wealth but I learnt he is ruthless and difficult to clamp down on for years now.

So lets see what Hopeless Uzodinma will do with this info, though most of those Igbo vultures trying to devour Southeast in the guise of IPOB agitation and Sit at home are mostly Hope Uzodinma political allies, coupled with some angry politicians looking for ways to grab power at all cost.

Yes IPOB's ESN played a role in all these by giving fools, vultures, demons and political bastards the room to be disguising their criminality with IPOB agitation to destroy Southeast.

In all, Buhari put Nigeria in this whole mess of widespread insecurity with his biased and heartless handlings of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu, and the lopsided appointment of security chiefs in Nigeria that emboldened Fulani herdsmen terrorist from within and outside Nigeria. How can 70 to 80% of heads of security in Nigeria come from the Hausa-Fulani tribe in a multiethnic and multicultural nation like Nigeria and you expect things to be normal?

Buhari's generation will definitely pay for his evils if they refuse to sincerely apologize and condemn Buhari's evil government that set Southeast on fire and destroyed what is left of Nigeria in just 7 and half years angry

18 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by SmartPolician: 4:46am On Jan 08, 2023
Nigerian states in the South should ban open grazing. If herders are seen roaming about the street or forests with cows, they should be confiscated and prosecuted.

It's not like we even get this beef for free, so why can't the owners of these businesses ranch them?

Typically, the real herders harbour these kidnappers so if open grazing is banned and fully implemented in the South, we will eliminate killer marauders from the forests.

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by baretalk: 4:48am On Jan 08, 2023
Obaseki are you sleeping on duty?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by SmartPolician: 4:58am On Jan 08, 2023
franchasng:
Shutup.

Current insecurity in Imo state for instance is no longer IPOB, but politics and criminality.

2 or 3 days ago, some kidnapping squad were caught at a town in Mbaise Imo state and to the surprise of many, they named their sponsor and boss as one popular Imo state man. Police stormed one of his hotels with community people and found AK47 rifles and other ammunitions stockpiled there as the gang members confessed to being responsible for many of the kidnapping and robbery in Imo.

Though the man is known to be a man with questionable means of wealth but I learnt he is ruthless and difficult to clamp down on for years now.

So lets see what Hopeless Uzodinma will do with this info, though most of those Igbo vultures trying to devour Southeast in the guise of IPOB agitation and Sit at home are mostly Hope Uzodinma political allies, coupled with some angry politicians looking for ways to grab power at all cost.

Yes IPOB's ESN played a role in all these by giving fools, vultures, demons and political bastards the room to be disguising their criminality with IPOB agitation to destroy Southeast.

In all, Buhari put Nigeria in this whole mess of widespread insecurity with his biased and heartless handlings of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu, and the lopsided appointment of security chiefs in Nigeria.

Buhari's generation will definitely pay for his evils if they refuse to sincerely apologize and condemn Buhari's evil government that set Southeast on fire and destroyed what is left of Nigeria in just 7 and half years angry

Hope Uzodinma has repeatedly maintained that the IPOB is not responsible for what happens in Imo State. He insists that politicians are. Sadly, our lazy police pins everything on IPOB just to justify the tag of terrorist organisation on the separatist group.

As far as what's happening in Imo State is concerned, I blame the local communities for it. See, villages are places where everyone knows everyone. If you have new persons coming into your rural community, everyone knows. Those who commit those atrocities are likely the locals, which explains why the people have refused to expose them.

I strongly believe that some politicians are using some stupid boys to cause mayhem in Imo State because the Supreme Court jury imposed Hope Uzodinma on the state. No, people don't like him, but it's not enough to make your own home ungovernable for him.

Now, the local communities will definitely bear the brunt for covering up those deviants who perpetuate these crimes and run into their forests without reporting them to the authorities. I hear that Orlu has become a war zone now with everyday gun duel like we see in Hollywood war flicks.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by lexylaw40: 5:04am On Jan 08, 2023
Ipob propaganda.... ESN masking as heads men ..we know

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Napata77: 5:04am On Jan 08, 2023
SmartPolician:

Hope Uzodinma has repeatedly maintained that the IPOB is not responsible for what happens in Imo State. He insists that politicians are. Sadly, our lazy police pins everything on IPOB just to justify the tag of terrorist organisation on the separatist group.

As far as what's happening in Imo State is concerned, I blame the local communities for it. See, villages are places where everyone knows everyone. If you have new persons coming into your rural community, everyone knows. Those who commit those atrocities are likely the locals, which explains why the people have refused to expose them.

I strongly believe that some politicians are using some stupid boys to cause mayhem in Imo State because the Supreme Court jury imposed Hope Uzodinma on the state. No, people don't like him, but it's not enough to make your own home ungovernable for him.

Now, the local communities will definitely bear the brunt for covering up those deviants who perpetuate these crimes and run into their forests without reporting them to the authorities. I hear that Orlu has become a war zone now with everyday gun duel like we see in Hollywood war flicks.

The so-called politicians causing all the trouble don't have names?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by greenermodels: 5:14am On Jan 08, 2023
Why can't the DSS that travelled to Kenya to kidnap NNAMDI KANU and Benin republic to arrested Sunday Igbogho also apply the same level of seriousness against the Fulani herdsmen? NNAMDI KANU and Obadiah Mailafia were saying the truth about the plan for the Fulani to recolonize Nigeria. Nigerians vote wisely next year, Atiku is a Fulani and open supports his brothers, Tinubu have always shamelessly worshipped them to the extent of asking " where are the cows?" Only Peter Obi have consistently identified with the IDPs of Fulani attacks promising to return them home when elected into office

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by Fejoku: 5:18am On Jan 08, 2023
Some how, a thread about fulani terrorist militia attacking and kidnapping passengers in Edo train station has changed into an IPOB bashing thread. We are all watching how agents of the terrorist Nigerian government come online to pin every terroristic attack in the SE on IPOB but we don't see them say anything about similar attacks else where. Let those with sense decipher what is going on.

As for this attack on Edo state, I commiserate with Edo people and remind them to sit up in the defense of their land. I urge them not to forget what the late Obadiah Mailafia said about the fulanis before he was silenced. The time is s drawing near already. You guys must close ranks together and watch over your land. The price for peace is eternal vigilance.

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by ebufa: 5:21am On Jan 08, 2023
PDJT:
-This Islamic government in Nigeria is just starting, me thinks, until the Indigenous People carved into the British experiment fights back.

-It's only cowardice that has stopped Nigeria plunging into a proper civil war.

-Nigeria is at war but many doesn't know it yet. Everyone should wait their turn, it won't take long.

of course Nigeria is at war now! Fulanis are determined to OWN nigeria but the inhabitants still think it is a joke but IPOB knows better!

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured by ebufa: 5:24am On Jan 08, 2023
Roboto11:
Please tell him.

you creeps should just shut up......I bet you were nowhere near the southeast during the xmas holidays....I am still in nnewi axis,I even attended a wedding a day ago! stop demarketing Alaigbo please........leave the army and IPOB to continue their rough play...e no concern you!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Elenda Liyel-Imoke Celebrates Her 17th Birthday (photos) / Buhari: Only Those With Integrity Will Make My Next Cabinet / Meet The House Of Representatives Members From Imo State (2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.