Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP (33088 Views)

10th NASS: South-West Senators Consider Other Options, May Drop Akpabio / 2023 Presidency: APC Weighs Options As Atiku Shops For Running Mate / Ambode Weighs Options As Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 13, 2020
goshen26:
So PDP want to waste their time and resources abi?.

Obaseki can help fight APC if his leg is strong, but with federal might PDP stand no chance[/b]

Just say it the [b]way it is 'With Buhari rigging the election'

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Tesike: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2020
senatordave1:

His waec and nysc have kleg
There is no need for the NYSC. Only the WASSCE. And it is not stated in any constitution that he must pass the WASSCE. He only need the certificate. Plus, no point was raised by the APC screening committee as regards 'K Leg' in his WASSCE.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by millionboi(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2020
Coronavirus1:
They will disqualify him in court for fake result PDP should just bring in fresh blood.
don't allow Dem make foool of u

The one in ASo rock,which result does he have?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Edoblakky(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2020
goshen26:

Someone was disqualified on the ground of certificate and you want to adopt him, if u eventually win they will raise the certificate saga again.

Well, they can woo him, then look for a candidate without blemish. Obaseki can help fight APC if his leg is strong, but with federal might PDP stand no chance
All he has to do is submit only his O level and he can run and if he wins, nobody can challenge him. The choice is his to make

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by seguntijan(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2020
olujastro:
Nigerian politicians never learn anything from history.

An outgoing governor fights with all his might to install his successor, only to fall out with him before the next election.

Fashola is the only exception - did his 8yrs, campaigned for his successor and totally left him to take full control afterwards.

I'm tired of supporting their stupid, endless political fights. Anyone who wants to defect to wherever for whatever political issues between godfather and successor, it's his business.

Babatunde Raji Fashola is a different breed, the kind of politician we need at all level of politics in the country. Since his exist from the state government, no one has match his achievement, let's see what Dr. Hamzat Mustapha his like-mind guy got to offer next election Sha.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Monday60655(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2020
I said it initially that Obaseki will contest the election under PDP platform. By that time some political novice were talking trash about the possibility of my assertion. Have you seen how things are unfolding now.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:06am On Jun 13, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Wrong move as on how? PDP with Oshomole as APC National Chairman won two out of three Senatorial zones in Edo State in 2019 election. PDP won 6 out of 9 Federal House of Representatives election in Edo State last year with Oshomole as Chairman of APC. Who told u PDP was ever an under dog in the election.
How many House of Assembly seats did PDP win in 2019? None

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Justpassingby45(m): 8:08am On Jun 13, 2020
Please come to PDP
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by idahme(m): 8:08am On Jun 13, 2020
olujastro:
Nigerian politicians never learn anything from history.

An outgoing governor fights with all his might to install his successor, only to fall out with him before the next election.

Fashola is the only exception - did his 8yrs, campaigned for his successor and totally left him to take full control afterwards.

I'm tired of supporting their stupid, endless political fights. Anyone who wants to defect to wherever for whatever political issues between godfather and successor, it's his business.

I don't think u are right fashola was also guilty, he was only representing his father in the campaign..if he was the one calling the shots he will do same, All of them are the same, no exceptions.

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by IsioStar1: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2020
bowei:
What certificate are you talking about again, Obaseki is a graduate Classics, go and look for the order of proceedings of univeristy of ibadan 1999, he's course mate then is the current Dean of students of the same univeristy.. let oshiomole defend his certificates

The screening committee cited HSC Certificate and his NYSC that is where they observed the anomalies and not the University certificate. He failed to produce the HSC Certificate which he obtained from the I.C.E.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by haffaze777(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2020
martineverest:
same way federal might won Oyo,Bayelsa,Zamfara/Nasarawa, Adamawa Abi?....e go soon clear for your eyes, especially when obaseki is the incumbent governor and Buhari is neutral

Do we need to argue over this?No,September is just around d corner,I just hope u will be bold enough to show ur face after election
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by surgical: 8:12am On Jun 13, 2020
TGM2015:
Wrong move. Was is not the same PDP that took him to court, opening the eyes of APC that their candidate never attended University of Ibadan and possibly has a defective certificates in 2016?

As it is now, how is that possible when the sale of nomination and expression of interest has closed? Except by concensus/mutual agreement of all PDP aspirations, any imposition of candidates in PDP as at today will make PDP loose woefully legally and in the booth.
Why you dey fear now, you thought the guy will not have another option .He is over qualified by Nigerian Constitution
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Duru009(m): 8:13am On Jun 13, 2020
It's totally too late for him !

What a pity !
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Bigfish121(m): 8:22am On Jun 13, 2020
If he is a wise man he should go to a neutral party.in my state Edo nobody wants to hear the name PDP again because they have done more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by maasoap(m): 8:27am On Jun 13, 2020
cbngov01:
I will look forward to them smoothening the deal out and him flying the PDP flag...

Lets see what will happen cos Edo and Lagos are two different states and a lot of strong men are on both sides of the divide in Edo state. The era of always going to see Tinubu and co should also stop. El-Rufai warned the govs not to visit him cos nothing will come out of their visit.

The TAILOR is trying to sell his party and he has bitten more than he can chew!

Why would anything come out of the visits when they wouldn't listen to anybody anytime they started to behave like madmen until matter goes out of their hands? This same Obaseki wouldn't let different committees set up to settle the quarrel work. When it is too late and have their back against the wall, they would now be looking for Tinubu to perform magic

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by joeking2222: 8:28am On Jun 13, 2020
martineverest:
Edo people prayers don dey answer ..... Oshiomhole don fall himself into Edo trap.

watch how Edo APC and PDP will unite to send Oshiomhole out of Edo state
It seems you don't understand 9ja politics at all.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by joeking2222: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2020
goshen26:

Someone was disqualified on the ground of certificate and you want to adopt him, if u eventually win they will raise the certificate saga again.

Well, they can woo him, then look for a candidate without blemish. Obaseki can help fight APC if his leg is strong, but with federal might PDP stand no chance
Na people wey understand 9ja politics without sentiment be this.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 13, 2020
I feel so sorry for Nigeria. Only God can save Nigeria.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by caniva(m): 8:34am On Jun 13, 2020
Well, you have spoken well. As for me, Edo or Lagos, we are all one Nigeria �� and malice is inevitable as interests most times clashes but we still have to weigh options available to us.

Porting to PDP may not serve him right at this moment considering APC and Oshiomole are bloody election riggers.

September is not far away from us...May God keep our souls and bless Nigeria.

eldoradoxx:
Edo is not Lagos where Tinubu has rendered everyone of u as his political slaves. Edo is Niger Delta and we will all team up to deliver Obaseki. Just watch and see what the other Governors of South South who are all PDP will do in this election. U don't rig election in Niger Delta with Federal might unless you are popular, ask Akpabio and Amechi
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Eteka1(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2020
martineverest:
lol....learn from who?

obaseki in PDP will sweep Edo state ,not even Rigging can make APC win Edo state.have it at the back of your mind that EDO APC is pro-obaseki and Edo people are pro-obaseki and anti Oshiomhole
Bros are you from Edo state?
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by martineverest(m): 8:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Eteka1:
Bros are you from Edo state?
yes o...esan man here
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Lovelyn451(f): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2020
He shouldn't join PDP please...PDP shouldn't be a party of loosers
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by TGM2015: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2020
surgical:
Why you dey fear now, you thought the guy will not have another option .He is over qualified by Nigerian Constitution
Fear? Forget... I don hear you.

Time answers all questions and confirm all facts.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Pious101: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2020
miniziter:

I am not bro. I am a Yoruba guy but base and marry an Edo lady. We live in Ovia south west and I will make sure my vote counts.
no wahala make we wait n see d result
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by Nathdoug201: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2020
miniziter:
Its better that way. I will personally vote for him and even motivate my Ovia north east people.
but they will stile rig you guys out
Sad
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Crownbefitsme:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/edo-guber-obaseki-weighs-options-may-settle-for-pdp-2/

pussy cat governor why did he take out oshibaba when he have the chance?
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by juman(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2020
Many pdp stakeholders would not work for his re election.

They know he would dump them after election. The way he is behaving now to those apc people that brought him to power.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by frog12: 9:22am On Jun 13, 2020
i dont understand ooo.. is he disqualified because the HSC is defective or because he took the party to court ?

even obaseki is not smart. there's no such thing as higher school leaving certificate, so he should just call it or produce his High school leaving certificate.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by senatordave1(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Tesike:

There is no need for the NYSC. Only the WASSCE. And it is not stated in any constitution that he must pass the WASSCE. He only need the certificate. Plus, no point was raised by the APC screening committee as regards 'K Leg' in his WASSCE.

They raised the point,you didn't pay attention.there is no need for nysc but as far as he submitted it for screening ,he is bound by it
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by kelly72: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
He should retain his Deputy....very loyal guy

He has no choice now but to give up the deputy. If he truly loves his boss, now is the time to make more sacrifice.
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by olatunji390(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2020
TGM2015:
Wrong move. Was is not the same PDP that took him to court, opening the eyes of APC that their candidate never attended University of Ibadan and possibly has a defective certificates in 2016?

As it is now, how is that possible when the sale of nomination and expression of interest has closed? Except by concensus/mutual agreement of all PDP aspirations, any imposition of candidates in PDP as at today will make PDP loose woefully legally and in the booth.

So u think he did not buy PDP form before it close. I de laugh u. U will be shock. Form can be buy via proxy
Re: Obaseki Weighs Options, May Settle For PDP by SirBunky85(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2020
jlinkd78:
The Deputy should come up to speed in reasoning and allow his master accept PDP offer of giving him a deputy knowing fully well that's d only way Obaseki can come back to be a governor. Being very loyal he can still be part of d govt may be with other portfolios. As it stands now anything to d contrary means both of them are out
and u think there won't be movement of people from pdp to apc if the former gives him the gubernatorial ticket?u people always analyse issues with useless emotions.fyi,if pdp dares gives him their ticket,there will be mass exodus of members against the pdp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pipeline Surveillance Contract Stirs Rift As Dokubo-Asari Clashes With Tompolo / Abdullahi Dikko Inde Is Dead / Coup: Don’t Copy Gabon Military, MURIC Warns Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.