Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,934 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators (6080 Views)

Customs, 62 MDAs To Stop Direct Tax Collection, FIRS To Take Charge - Oyedele / Boss Mustapha: Buhari Asked FIRS To Tax Digital Transactions / States Government, Not FIRS To Collect VAT Federal High Court Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2020
HornyTave:

The 'type' of tax is not what I'm talking about but tax in total.

wetn dem deh use the tax do??

I understand you sir. I just revealed the background scenario. They embezzled almost half of the tax. The companies paying the taxes often collude with tax officials to reduce the tax and pay less by settling the tax officials. This is because the companies cannot see the benefits of paying taxes. Both the companies and tax officials know the taxes would go into private pockets.

Telecom and pay TV taxes are easy tax that are electronic and require no negotiations between Tax officials and paying companies. Once NCC and NBC agree and software platforms are integrated, cheap, stress free money will just be flowing in the same way Banks make money from online transactions. Babatunde Fowler worked hard for these taxes but they brought Mallam to eat where he did not sow.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators by Goodluckzzz: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2020
I need my TIN number. My company is reaping me off with nonsense tax I don't understand. Please can someone explain PAYE.
Re: FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators by AMvanquish: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
wink2015:
NIGERIA SHOULD BE RESTRUCTURED.

To run this present federalism all the regions must contribute to the federal purse.

NO collection of REGIONAL TAXES THAT WILL NOW BE SHARED TO LAZY NORTHERN STATES.

Let northerners go and collect taxes from the Agricultural produce in their own region.

WHENEVER BUHARI GOVERNMENT BORROW MONEY HE SHOULD MAKE SURE ALL THE REGIONS BENEFIT FROM SUCH LOANS.

Taking the loan money to develop alone his own NORTHERN REGION is a barbaric acts that should not be condoned.

And the Irony! Northerners feel his administration has been more beneficial to the South west & South.
Re: FIRS To Digitally Verify Taxes Paid By Telecoms Operators by karbie(f): 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
Prepare for your ICAN examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token. Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? / UAE Grants 3 Years Employment Visa To 170 Ex-mend Militants / VIDEO:Jonathan Speech At D8 Summit In Islamabad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.