Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? (48482 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by obination: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Umidigi a5pro......damn dat phone is awesome...it was my last phone b4 buying my vivo z3.....d only reason I changed the phone is because of pubg......well d phone display and battery was awesome.....I bought mine for 36k....so I gave it to my sis....she has been having a blast since with the phone...from her former tecno
chigirlangel:

how good is this phone? Im planning on getting it
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by chigirlangel: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
obination:
Umidigi a5pro......damn dat phone is awesome...it was my last phone b4 buying my vivo z3.....d only reason I changed the phone is because of pubg......well d phone display and battery was awesome.....I bought mine for 36k....so I gave it to my sis....she has been having a blast since with the phone...from her former tecno

let me rush to jumia biko, though its 43k now
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Thane(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
chigirlangel:

how good is this phone? Im planning on getting it
very good, better than infinix nd tecno
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Jung(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
naturalwaves:

Hahaha. No mistake at all. I'm a computer scientist and 1 year ago when my phone was stolen, I did a mad research for 2 months plus before I decided that Xiaomi was the way to go. My research started from Antutu Benchmark to non sponsored reviews on YouTube and so many other things.

Truth is, Xiaomi is also highly respected in India. Indians are very tech savvy people and you cannot package trash for them at an exorbitant price because they know so much about phone build, processor etc etc. Apple has less than 2 % market share in India(a country of over 1 billion people). This is not because more people cannot afford it but because they consider the offering as trash based on the functionality. How can you sell a phone that comes with less than 3,000mah battery at a huge price? 16gig Rom too and some other useless specs.

When you sit and look at the functionality of a Xiaomi phone and the build quality, you will wonder if the company even makes profit at all. Xiaomi offered a Gorrilla glass 5 at less than a 100k; something other phone variants will offer close to 200k. No lag, nothing at all on the phone. Phone never gets hot even when charging. Comes with fast charging. I also bought an extra 30W charger that charges so so fast. When people hold your phone, first thing they ask is.... What phone is this? , I like it!

Xiaomi is the first brand I will see that users personally campaign for the brand without being paid because they are overly satisfied. Moreover, the poll has done justice!

Chief I need that fast charger you mentioned abeg. Where and how do I get it?
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by seselez: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Samsung Galaxy a71
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by kevotek1000(m): 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
As a first time user of xiaomi...I must confess xiaomi is a great device... I rep xiaomi note 8 pro

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 1:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Jung:

Chief I need that fast charger you mentioned abeg. Where and how do I get it?
I got it from a nairalander. His moniker is Ifedith. I also got a Powerbank(An imported Romoss 30,000mah powerbank)- The best Powerbank ever! I have had it for 1 year now. Never disappoints and does not spoil battery.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Jung(m): 8:07am On Jun 17, 2020
naturalwaves:

I got it from a nairalander. His moniker is Ifedith. I also got a Powerbank(An imported Romoss 30,000mah powerbank)- The best Powerbank ever! I have had it for 1 year now. Never disappoints and does not spoil battery.

Thanks fam. I appreciate this. I'll look him up.

I fear powerbanks tho. Those things kill battery anyhow.

Afterwards your phone will not charge if the power source is not power bank. Fear dey catch me cos I use a Samsung note 10 plus.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Kmartt(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2020
Team Xiaomi

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by beckplanet: 9:20am On Jun 17, 2020
Samsung galaxy A9 2018
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2020
Jung:

Thanks fam. I appreciate this. I'll look him up.

I fear powerbanks tho. Those things kill battery anyhow.

Afterwards your phone will not charge if the power source is not power bank. Fear dey catch me cos I use a Samsung note 10 plus.
Yeah. I know. This one doesn't kill battery.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by bravesoul247(m): 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
TECNO Camon 12Pro
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by bravesoul247(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
naturalwaves:

Hahaha. No mistake at all. I'm a computer scientist and 1 year ago when my phone was stolen, I did a mad research for 2 months plus before I decided that Xiaomi was the way to go. My research started from Antutu Benchmark to non sponsored reviews on YouTube and so many other things.

Truth is, Xiaomi is also highly respected in India. Indians are very tech savvy people and you cannot package trash for them at an exorbitant price because they know so much about phone build, processor etc etc. Apple has less than 2 % market share in India(a country of over 1 billion people). This is not because more people cannot afford it but because they consider the offering as trash based on the functionality. How can you sell a phone that comes with less than 3,000mah battery at a huge price? 16gig Rom too and some other useless specs.

When you sit and look at the functionality of a Xiaomi phone and the build quality, you will wonder if the company even makes profit at all. Xiaomi offered a Gorrilla glass 5 at less than a 100k; something other phone variants will offer close to 200k. No lag, nothing at all on the phone. Phone never gets hot even when charging. Comes with fast charging. I also bought an extra 30W charger that charges so so fast. When people hold your phone, first thing they ask is.... What phone is this? , I like it!

Xiaomi is the first brand I will see that users personally campaign for the brand without being paid because they are overly satisfied. Moreover, the poll has done justice!
very good insight. It shows you know this brand inside out. smiley
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by abdurrazaq(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
Motorola Moto G5S
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
bravesoul247:
very good insight. It shows you know this brand inside out. smiley
Hahaha.
I think so cheesy
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Lawalmd(m): 11:50pm On Jun 20, 2020
Huawei y9 2019
Infinix note 7
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Asianjollof007: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2020
Itel 5220
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by EbizCoachNg2: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2020
naturalwaves:

I just hope the prices do not sky rocket. When I got my phone, I had enough cash to get Apple or any other brand but I decided not to be stupid with the offerings. See the Antutu benchmark ranking for May. Xiaomi has 4 phones in top 10 worldwide for Android.

From which website you got this please? I want to read more about the review. I want to buy another phone and I am finding it difficult to decide which one to go for between Xiaomi and Oppo. Please reply. Thanks
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2020
EbizCoachNg2:

From which website you got this please? I want to read more about the review. I want to buy another phone and I am finding it difficult to decide which one to go for between Xiaomi and Oppo. Please reply. Thanks
Just type Antutu benchmark ranking on Google. You can can see where the phone you have ranks worldwide in terms of performance . Any phone that is in top 100 should be good enough. Let me find a link that will take you to Antutu. This one is for the global markets. Chinese versions are not included.I think there is a link in there to chines versions. The rank is always updated every month. This is for the month of May. Guess what? Spots 1,2,4 are all occupied by Xiaomi before any Samsung device showed face cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Spot 3 is occupied by OnePlus. That's another brand I can trust. Their quality is always very top notch as well.

https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank1.htm

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by EbizCoachNg2: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
naturalwaves:

Just type Antutu benchmark ranking on Google. You can can see where the phone you have ranks worldwide in terms of performance . Any phone that is in top 100 should be good enough. Let me find a link that will take you to Antutu. This one is for the global markets. Chinese versions are not included.I think there is a link in there to chines versions. The rank is always updated every month. This is for the month of May. Guess what? Spots 1,2,4 are all occupied by Xiaomi before any Samsung device showed face cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Spot 3 is occupied by OnePlus. That's another brand I can trust. Their quality is always very top notch as well.

https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank1.htm

Thanks bro for the quick response. Please which of the Xiaomi do you recommend?
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
EbizCoachNg2:

Thanks bro for the quick response. Please which of the Xiaomi do you recommend?
I use a Redmi Note 7 Pro. I've had this for 1 year+ now. I know they will have improved phones after that. I barely change my own phones once I've made my research and it serves me well. This one I have can pass for a brand new one as it is well protected and well used. However, I can help you carry out an independent research. You may also want to check the XIAOMI THREAD STORE here https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by EbizCoachNg2: 11:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
naturalwaves:

I use a Redmi Note 7 Pro. I've had this for 1 year+ now. I know they will have improved phones after that. I barely change my own phones once I've made my research and it serves me well. This one I have can pass for a brand new one as it is well protected and well used. However, I can help you carry out an independent research. You may also want to check the XIAOMI THREAD STORE here https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store

Thanks bro
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 10:05am On Jun 26, 2020
EbizCoachNg2:

Thanks bro
You're welcome!
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Jacku: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2020
Xiaomi Note 4. Thinking of buying the Tecno Camon 15 Premier. Make my money complete first.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Hakeem12(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jacku:
Xiaomi Note 4. Thinking of buying the Tecno Camon 15 Premier. Make my money complete first.
It will end in tears and bitter regrets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by walesho(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2020
I love iPhone when i realized i could not use the torrent app on it because I do a whole lot of heavy download on the go with torrent app on torrent site I did U-turn to Samsung. But will love to try out Xiaomi or Google pixel

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Jung(m): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
walesho:
I love iPhone when i realized i could not use the torrent app on it because I do a whole lot of heavy download on the go with torrent app on torrent site I did U-turn to Samsung. But will love to try out Xiaomi or Google pixel

What are you downloading this guy? cheesy hope say no be.....
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by walesho(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Jung:

What are you downloading this guy? cheesy hope say no be.....

I watch alot of movie series, so its easier to download a full season in one folder easily at once.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by tafat: 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
tecno spark 5 is the phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Airtel Unlimited Night Plan. / Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings / TECNO Spark 5 Series Unveiling: Images , Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.