Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? (48489 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by edoairways: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

I hope you read the OP well when he started the poll. If you had read him well, you wouldn't have said this. Moreover, for Xiaomi, a farely new brand to lead the polls says alot and you cannot downwash that with your inconsequential opinion.
There are many persons that don't visit or know of nairaland, hence, relying on this alone doesn't count. I gave a simple illustration of the last presidential election,how Atiku was leading in polls but the reality was different. Those who mentioned me implied that this poll counts hence the reply

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mightyraw:

How is your one plus experience , I bought the one plus 8
Waiting for it this week
7 Pro here. Best mobile experience ever. OOS is smooth af. 8 months in and no software hiccups. Smooth just like the day I unboxed it.
You'll enjoy it. Don't forget to get a high quality screen protector for it.

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by piagetskinner(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Apple iPhone x
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by zedegit: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

Hahaha. No mistake at all. I'm a computer scientist and 1 year ago when my phone was stolen, I did a mad research for 2 months plus before I decided that Xiaomi was the way to go. My research started from Antutu Benchmark to non sponsored reviews on YouTube and so many other things.

Truth is, Xiaomi is also highly respected in India. Indians are very tech savvy people and you cannot package trash for them at an exorbitant price because they know so much about phone build, processor etc etc. Apple has less than 2 % market share in India(a country of over 1 billion people). This is not because more people cannot afford it but because they consider the offering as trash based on the functionality. How can you sell a phone that comes with less than 3,000mah battery at a huge price? 16gig Rom too and some other useless specs.

When you sit and look at the functionality of a Xiaomi phone and the build quality, you will wonder if the company even makes profit at all. Xiaomi offered a Gorrilla glass 5 at less than a 100k; something other phone variants will offer close to 200k. No lag, nothing at all on the phone. Phone never gets hot even when charging. Comes with fast charging. I also bought an extra 30W charger that charges so so fast. When people hold your phone, first thing they ask is.... What phone is this? , I like it!

Xiaomi is the first brand I will see that users personally campaign for the brand without being paid because they are overly satisfied. Moreover, the poll has done justice!

Real justice it is. I hope the price doesn't sky rocket o.

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
zedegit:

Real justice it is. I hope the price doesn't sky rocket o.
Hahahaha.
I hope so too.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
edoairways:

There are many persons that don't visit or know of nairaland, hence, relying on this alone doesn't count. I gave a simple illustration of the last presidential election,how Atiku was leading in polls but the reality was different. Those who mentioned me implied that this poll counts hence the reply
The poll isn't a sample opinion of Nigerians. Nigeria is a country of around 2 million people. Nairaland is not even up to 2 % of that. So, we never said it is a representation. It only shows that the phone is gaining grounds, has support and loyal customers. If you had read the Op's opening line, you wouldn't need to have even said anything.

Comparing politics to this was a wrong analogy. Politics is a game of sentiments and a lot if factors are involved. Also, politics is not a game of opinion but a game if numbers. It is only a fool that would have thought that Buhari would lose the election in the last polls. Most of the idiotas that voted online didnt even have a voter's card.

5 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by FryMosquito: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

Hahaha. No mistake at all. I'm a computer scientist and 1 year ago when my phone was stolen, I did a mad research for 2 months plus before I decided that Xiaomi was the way to go. My research started from Antutu Benchmark to non sponsored reviews on YouTube and so many other things.

Truth is, Xiaomi is also highly respected in India. Indians are very tech savvy people and you cannot package trash for them at an exorbitant price because they know so much about phone build, processor etc etc. Apple has less than 2 % market share in India(a country of over 1 billion people). This is not because more people cannot afford it but because they consider the offering as trash based on the functionality. How can you sell a phone that comes with less than 3,000mah battery at a huge price? 16gig Rom too and some other useless specs.

When you sit and look at the functionality of a Xiaomi phone and the build quality, you will wonder if the company even makes profit at all. Xiaomi offered a Gorrilla glass 5 at less than a 100k; something other phone variants will offer close to 200k. No lag, nothing at all on the phone. Phone never gets hot even when charging. Comes with fast charging. I also bought an extra 30W charger that charges so so fast. When people hold your phone, first thing they ask is.... What phone is this? , I like it!

Xiaomi is the first brand I will see that users personally campaign for the brand without being paid because they are overly satisfied. Moreover, the poll has done justice!
You have said it all.. I will say it again, Xiaomi doesn't run or need promotional advert to make gain. Their good performance make the advert for them through fan/users.

6 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
FryMosquito:
You have said it all.. I will say it again, Xiaomi doesn't run or need promotional advert to make gain. Their good performance make the advert for them through fan/users.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by edoairways: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

The poll isn't a sample opinion of Nigerians. Nigeria is a country of around 2 million people. Nairaland is not even up to 2 % of that. So, we never said it is a representation. It only shows that the phone is gaining grounds, has support and loyal customers. If you had read the Op's opening line, you wouldn't need to have even said anything.

Comparing politics to this was a wrong analogy. Politics is a game of sentiments and a lot if factors are involved. Also, politics is not a game of opinion but a game if numbers. It is only a fool that would have thought that Buhari would lose the election in the last polls. Most of the idiotas that voted online didnt even have a voter's card.
I replied that dude who was salivating by implying that xiaomi has 20 persons. I saw your post on the marketing techniques of xiaomi, that strategy is good one however it takes time for it to work. Other competitors are watching and would come up with tactics to twart such effort. Xiaomi should better change their strategy before it is too late
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by FryMosquito: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

Exactly!
Xiaomi that is busy studying Nigerian market, when they will land fully, I don't think any brand will see their back for naija. This is my observations

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Jemerson: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
edoairways:

That is not the reality. The percentage of votes is insignificant when compared to millions of Nigerians in the villages, towns and cities. If you were to go by online poll, PMB wouldn't have won the presidential elections. These are facts

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tecno

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Hottdawgg: 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

I use Xiaomi Redmi note 8Pro. Bought last month at 123k. Best phone I ever bought. Pix quality out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by rationalhuman(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Why that is expensive?
i bought mine in 80k equivalent, i was able to arrange one from India(mine friend was returning back) before this lockdown? did you bough from local market?
Hottdawgg:

I use Xiaomi Redmi note 8Pro. Bought last month at 123k. Best phone I ever bought. Pix quality out of this world.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
edoairways:

I replied that dude who was salivating by implying that xiaomi has 20 persons. I saw your post on the marketing techniques of xiaomi, that strategy is good one however it takes time for it to work. Other competitors are watching and would come up with tactics to twart such effort. Xiaomi should better change their strategy before it is too late
I get you perfectly now.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hottdawgg:

Oh wow! That's good to know.

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Listooo: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
XIAOMI

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
FryMosquito:
Xiaomi that is busy studying Nigerian market, when they will land fully, I don't think any brand will see their back for naija. This is my observations
I just hope the prices do not sky rocket. When I got my phone, I had enough cash to get Apple or any other brand but I decided not to be stupid with the offerings. See the Antutu benchmark ranking for May. Xiaomi has 4 phones in top 10 worldwide for Android.

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

I just hope the prices do not sky rocket. When I got my phone, I had enough cash to get Apple or any other brand but I decided not to be stupid with the offerings. See the Antutu benchmark ranking for May. Xiaomi has 4 phones in top 10 worldwide for Android.

Realme X2 Pro is not owned by Xiaomi. Realme is a separate brand that manufactures devices aimed at having high value for money just like Xiaomi's sub brand Redmi.

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Realme X2 Pro is not owned by Xiaomi. Realme is a separate brand that manufactures devices aimed at having high value for money just like Xiaomi's sub brand Redmi.
Thanks for the education. It is no 9 on the list anyway grin
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by ddjay: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
drjprince:
the truth is,it is impossible to stop good energy
Xiaomi mean well for people of the world
So they are always up for win
Dxomarks
Gsmarena top ten trending phones
Highest selling phones
And so on..
And i wonder the type of grass transsion users eat that makes them compare their trash with xiaomi

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by ddjay: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
atheistandproud:

Xiaomi has taken over Nairaland jare

Cc
Krazydave
Dragnetisakuk
SunshineV
DrJPrince
Ddjay
Oga na so o,we trying to help seun clean up nairaland, imagine Europeans and americans will open phone section of nairaland and see complains of faulty infinix and tecno phones, imagine this shame

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by drjprince: 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
ddjay:

And i wonder the type of grass transsion users eat that makes them compare their trash with xiaomi
my brother such grave disrespect

Xiaomi plays with the big boys..

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
drjprince:
my brother such grave disrespect

Xiaomi plays with the big boys..
Imagine Xiaomi's mid range phones being able to compete with high end of other brands.

2 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Mightyraw(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
PotatoSalad:

7 Pro here. Best mobile experience ever. OOS is smooth af. 8 months in and no software hiccups. Smooth just like the day I unboxed it.
You'll enjoy it. Don't forget to get a high quality screen protector for it.
I shipped for screen protector and the casing with it,

I never tried the oxygen os

1 Like

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by drjprince: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
naturalwaves:

Imagine Xiaomi's mid range phones being able to compete with high end of other brands.
that says alot
Quality and quantity is playing here
No caps I used xiaomi after months of bashing then my brain reset I even ignored fibo suggestion then and regretted
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
drjprince:
that says alot
Quality and quantity is playing here
No caps I used xiaomi after months of bashing then my brain reset I even ignored fibo suggestion then and regretted
Hahahaha. What made you consider it?
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by prestige101: 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mustiboy:

Get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
Thanks bro, lemme google the specs.
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by drjprince: 6:49am On Jun 15, 2020
naturalwaves:

Hahahaha. What made you consider it?
about just over a month after using my infinix it started hanging..not for gaming even for small tasks
Then I decided to look for the nearest escape route

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by naturalwaves: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2020
drjprince:
about just over a month after using my infinix it started hanging..not for gaming even for small tasks
Then I decided to look for the nearest escape route
Lmao
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by chigirlangel: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
Thane:

I use Umidigi A5 pro, highly underrated phone

how good is this phone? Im planning on getting it
Re: Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? by Urchman27(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
Abeg count my vote

Xiaomi or nothing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Smartphone Thieves Will Hate This New Android 5.1 Update. / Airtel Unlimited Night Plan. / Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.